If Tommykaira participated in making a Vision GT car...

If Tommy Kaira wanted to make a VGT car, what do you think it would look like?

• ZZII

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 54 72.0%

• Total voters
United States
Florida
Destructor527846
None.
What do you think it would look like? I just thought about it and wanted to post it on here to see what you guys think it would look like if Tommykaira did try at a VGT. I believe it would look like a ZZ2 successor. State your thoughts of a Tommykaira VGT below! :)

It would be something different but just as interesting. A little advice people on this site apparently hate VGT "speculation" threads. I got a ton of hate for my GM design and Audi "speculation" threads. I got the last laugh though the GM design one was teased five days after my first post and now has been revealed. Just be prepared for the haters.

I imagine it'd be "Something else".

The ZZII is, IMO, an 'old' design in the "designer world", ask the team who designed it then to tackle it now, it'd be different. Ask a new team from 'after' the ZZII's time (a.k.a younger), and it'd be completely different all together for the better or the worse. The general progress of technology over time, from the ZZII to now alone could dictate what'd each team would come up with. Seeing a 'repeat' of the ZZII just wouldn't fit the VGT spirit I think.

Seeing as they're now owned by Autobacs, I would imagine it'd be like the FT-1 (a Super GT-like race car).

What about this?
zz2.gif

;)

The ZZII IS a Vision Car, a show horse concept that was never actually built. It only exists in simulation game(s).

Seeing as they're now owned by Autobacs, I would imagine it'd be like the FT-1 (a Super GT-like race car).

Was wondering what TK was up to these days. The last I heard of him was a year or two when he was unveiling some aero parts for the R35 GTR. How long has Autobacs owned TK?

Tommy Kaira ran into financial difficulties in the Asian recession of the 1990s, and Autobacs, a Japanese auto parts manufacturer, bought out the ailing company, before the ZZII was able to see the light of day. Autobacs renamed the auto manufacturing arm of Tommy Kaira as ASL, which manufactures a sports coupe similar to the original ZZ, called the Garaiya, in very small numbers.
http://www.examiner.com/article/5-defunct-car-companies-that-should-have-survived-4-tommy-kaira

Shame really,. ZZII is an amazing car. Kind of answers why they were not involved in the VGT project

Back