Immigration

• Thread starter KSaiyu
  • 1,702 comments
Oops indeed, once again the headline says one thing and the "material" within says something entirely different. My advice would be to read the articles and check the sources rather than simply spaff rage all over a headline.

You missed today's actual Terrorists in Sweden story, you're welcome.
If it isn't the neo-Nazis in Gothenberg it's the Islamists in Malmo. They can't win for losing.

You are aware that the article title and strap-line don't actually match the body text of the article or the source material?

Opps.

Oh and the point made above about members not posting videos, links or articles without context or explanation, that applies here as well.

Oops indeed, once again the headline says one thing and the "material" within says something entirely different. My advice would be to read the articles and check the sources rather than simply spaff rage all over a headline.

Huh? I google translated it and it matches the body of the article??

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/stockholm/kanda-feminister-lamnar-orten&edit-text=&act=url

A quote from the translated article:

She has lived in Tensta for over 30 years and many times described how religious fundamentalists gained increasing space in the area and the place of women in the public sphere diminished. To stop this trend was herself in female coffee groups but now she stopped taking it.
Which part is misinformation?? :confused:

Last edited:
Huh? I google translated it and it matches the body of the article??

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/stockholm/kanda-feminister-lamnar-orten&edit-text=&act=url

A quote from the translated article:

Which part is misinformation?? :confused:
The Title:
Swedish Feminists Flee Suburbs Due to Islamic Fundamentalists

The Strapline:
Feminists in Stockholm are leaving areas like the notorious migrant-heavy no-go zones of Husby and Tensta because they say religious fundamentalists now rule those suburbs.

The article however (either of them) mention one person leaving, who is not the 'self-described feminist' of the title or strapline, as in singular not plural.

Also given the phrase 'fundementalists now rule the suburbs' is heavely at odds with the quote "“I always hope that it will blow over. One should never forget that the vast majority here are cursing the fundamentalists.”.

Now given that 80% of people don't bother to read past the headline the difference here is important.

That's without mention of the irony of Brietbart coming to the defence of feminists.

The Title:
Swedish Feminists Flee Suburbs Due to Islamic Fundamentalists

The Strapline:
Feminists in Stockholm are leaving areas like the notorious migrant-heavy no-go zones of Husby and Tensta because they say religious fundamentalists now rule those suburbs.

The article however (either of them) mention one person leaving, who is not the 'self-described feminist' of the title or strapline, as in singular not plural.

Also given the phrase 'fundementalists now rule the suburbs' is heavely at odds with the quote "“I always hope that it will blow over. One should never forget that the vast majority here are cursing the fundamentalists.”.

Now given that 80% of people don't bother to read past the headline the difference here is important.

That's without mention of the irony of Brietbart coming to the defence of feminists.
Colour me confused still - one left (the feminist) her coffee shop meetings in the suburbs and the other moved....

Colour me confused still - one left (the feminist) her coffee shop meetings in the suburbs and the other moved....
So one person moved.

No mention of the first person moving away from the area, oh and you seem to have forgotten about the second part as well.

So one person moved.

No mention of the first person moving away from the area, oh and you seem to have forgotten about the second part as well.

Jews leave Swedish city after sharp rise in anti-Semitic hate crimes
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...r-sharp-rise-in-anti-Semitic-hate-crimes.html
This was Malmo a few years ago

And as for today:
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/10037/no-go-zones-europe
During New Year's Eve celebrations at the beginning of 2017, parts of central Malmö resembled a war zone. Young immigrants shouted "Jihad!" while throwing fireworks at people. Swedish teenagers gathered in a large group to avoid being robbed.
maxresdefault.jpg

Jews leave Swedish city after sharp rise in anti-Semitic hate crimes
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...r-sharp-rise-in-anti-Semitic-hate-crimes.html
This was Malmo a few years ago

And as for today:
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/10037/no-go-zones-europe

maxresdefault.jpg
So rather that answer the question you simply post more links, one of which is from a source that has a massive bias and you refuse to even consider the background to (despite being asked).

To be blunt you are following a very well established pattern used by those looking to push an extremist agenda. That of flooding boards with material from sources known to carry a large bias and history of inaccurate reporting, and when questioned and unable to answer just move on to posting more of the same. Repeat endlessly.

Its not a good route to go down, particularly when it has already been pointed out repeatedly in this thread that doing so (posting videos, articles, links, etc. with little or no explanation or description) is not acceptable.

Scaff
So rather that answer the question you simply post more links, one of which is from a source that has a massive bias and you refuse to even consider the background to (despite being asked).

To be blunt you are following a very well established pattern used by those looking to push an extremist agenda. That of flooding boards with material from sources known to carry a large bias and history of inaccurate reporting, and when questioned and unable to answer just move on to posting more of the same. Repeat endlessly.

Its not a good route to go down, particularly when it has already been pointed out repeatedly in this thread that doing so (posting videos, articles, links, etc. with little or no explanation or description) is not acceptable.

I don't know which question you're talking about :(

And I still don't understand how posting gatestone articles is bad if the facts can be verified?

Last edited:
And I still don't understand how posting gatestone articles is bad if the facts can be verified?

The most obvious place to start checking the sources is by looking at the quoted sources... except the quotes are often taken out of context or the linked source doesn't say what Gatestone imply it will. The article you just posted is a great example; a policeman makes the obvious statement that if the police can't keep law and order the public won't trust them. That's obvious, as is the strain in public spending on every police force in Europe since the recession. We're breathlessly reminded that Sweden has immigrants, but the source article is actually about a gangland shooting... but for some reason gangland crime in Sweden (hugely on the increase) never seems to bother you. Mentioning immigration in that sentence seems deliberately misleading. You might as well point out how many drunk drivers France has and then remind us that it's the number one sales market for Plastic Bertrand albums. Pointless.

I don't know which question you're talking about :(

Even the most basic fact checking shows many of they to be exaggerated, missleading or outright lies.

Lets look at two of the missleading examples:

"A janitor in Malmö was shot and sustained life-threatening injures while clearing snow in February 2017. Police detained several suspects, understood to be linked to gang violence, for questioning. A 15-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder."

Now following that link and no mention is made of faith or residence status, so its an assumption to link it to immigration, unless you still wish to pedal the myth that gang violence didn't exist in Sweden prior to immigration and that no ethnic Swedes are ever involved? Of course its doesn't discount that they may be immigrants, but the Gatestone piece makes no distinction and is wildly missleading.

Then we have this:

"Sweden's military forces have been drastically reduced since the Cold War. However, the authorities suddenly seem to have realized that there could be potential for armed conflict in the future. There are now plans to reintroduce compulsory military service."

Now in the first link Gatestone cite themselves (never a good sign) and the author is a known neo-nazi, the second link is true that they wish to introduce national service. The question is why? Here's the kicker, its got nothing at all to do with immigration, but rather is entirely to do with the treat Russia poses. As such maybe you can explain exactly why its even in a piece targeting Swedish 'no-go zones'? Oh that's right its just a Swedish government lie.

So in answer to your question, Gatestone is bad for a number of reasons:

• It has a track record of inaccurate reporting, up to the point of outright lies and highly missleading use of sources.
  • It continues the use of articles written by a known neo-nazi, one they no longer have any ties with, but continue to use material from without explaining why they dropped her
  • The bias of the articles and writers is quite clear, for example they only dropped Ingrid Carlqvist when she started to target Jews as well as Muslims. Which would illustrate a rather clear bias. Perhaps you can explain why they fail to mention this at all?
Now that's just a quick start of the top of my head, also of interest is the funding of Gatestone and similar sites, something I have asked about before and you seem determined to ignore.

The most obvious place to start checking the sources is by looking at the quoted sources... except the quotes are often taken out of context or the linked source doesn't say what Gatestone imply it will. The article you just posted is a great example; a policeman makes the obvious statement that if the police can't keep law and order the public won't trust them. That's obvious, as is the strain in public spending on every police force in Europe since the recession. We're breathlessly reminded that Sweden has immigrants, but the source article is actually about a gangland shooting... but for some reason gangland crime in Sweden (hugely on the increase) never seems to bother you. Mentioning immigration in that sentence seems deliberately misleading. You might as well point out how many drunk drivers France has and then remind us that it's the number one sales market for Plastic Bertrand albums. Pointless.
I'm so confused!

The quote I used had this source:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/750617/Jihad-Migrant-gang-Sweden-war-zone-NYE-celebrations

A quote from the source:

Continuing, the photographer claimed police, who were out in force as NYE celebrations in the area are known to get out of hand, were too afraid to leave their cars.

“Malmo is a lost city,” Mr Mardell added as he said even journalists decided to leave out of fear for their own safety.

One journalist reportedly said: “Staying here isn’t worth it. I’m not risking my life for this.“

After shocking footage of the shocking scenes emerged online, Swedish police admitted Malmo was not safe as they could not stop thugs from sending fireworks into the crowd.
I'm at a loss as to what you're trying to say!

Even the most basic fact checking shows many of they to be exaggerated, missleading or outright lies.

Lets look at two of the missleading examples:

"A janitor in Malmö was shot and sustained life-threatening injures while clearing snow in February 2017. Police detained several suspects, understood to be linked to gang violence, for questioning. A 15-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder."

Now following that link and no mention is made of faith or residence status, so its an assumption to link it to immigration, unless you still wish to pedal the myth that gang violence didn't exist in Sweden prior to immigration and that no ethnic Swedes are ever involved? Of course its doesn't discount that they may be immigrants, but the Gatestone piece makes no distinction and is wildly missleading.

Then we have this:

"Sweden's military forces have been drastically reduced since the Cold War. However, the authorities suddenly seem to have realized that there could be potential for armed conflict in the future. There are now plans to reintroduce compulsory military service."

Now in the first link Gatestone cite themselves (never a good sign) and the author is a known neo-nazi, the second link is true that they wish to introduce national service. The question is why? Here's the kicker, its got nothing at all to do with immigration, but rather is entirely to do with the treat Russia poses. As such maybe you can explain exactly why its even in a piece targeting Swedish 'no-go zones'? Oh that's right its just a Swedish government lie.

So in answer to your question, Gatestone is bad for a number of reasons:

• It has a track record of inaccurate reporting, up to the point of outright lies and highly missleading use of sources.
  • It continues the use of articles written by a known neo-nazi, one they no longer have any ties with, but continue to use material from without explaining why they dropped her
  • The bias of the articles and writers is quite clear, for example they only dropped Ingrid Carlqvist when she started to target Jews as well as Muslims. Which would illustrate a rather clear bias. Perhaps you can explain why they fail to mention this at all?
Now that's just a quick start of the top of my head, also of interest is the funding of Gatestone and similar sites, something I have asked about before and you seem determined to ignore.
But that isn't the quote I used?

------

I don't get it. You guys are liberals, surely you should be the ones posting these articles about how feminists are being oppressed in their own cities!! It's like there is some mass brainwashing going on. Either that or I'm in 1984....

But that isn't the quote I used?
I didn't say it was.

You asked why I consider Gatestone to be a poor source, I explain in detail an dyou then attempt to dismiss it.

If its an accurate story then you will have no problem providing a source that isn't as compromised as Gatestone and its ilk (and the Telegraph is not that far behind).

I don't get it. You guys are liberals, surely you should be the ones posting these articles about how feminists are being oppressed in their own cities!! It's like there is some mass brainwashing going on. Either that or I'm in 1984....
I'm quite happy to do so. What I'm not however going to do is then turn that into a witch-hunt for an entire group or people or single faith. Which is what you and your sources have a track record of doing so.

For example, does this story about a Catholic sect lead by a Holocaust denier that is hiding preists found guilty of sexual abuse apply to all Christians?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...lergy-accused-sexual-abuse-richard-williamson

I would say no, however following your logic, and that of your sources it should.

I didn't say it was.

You asked why I consider Gatestone to be a poor source, I explain in detail an dyou then attempt to dismiss it.

If its an accurate story then you will have no problem providing a source that isn't as compromised as Gatestone and its ilk (and the Telegraph is not that far behind).

I'm quite happy to do so. What I'm not however going to do is then turn that into a witch-hunt for an entire group or people or single faith. Which is what you and your sources have a track record of doing so.

For example, does this story about a Catholic sect lead by a Holocaust denier that is hiding preists found guilty of sexual abuse apply to all Christians?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...lergy-accused-sexual-abuse-richard-williamson

I would say no, however following your logic, and that of your sources it should.
Huh?

Your article says:

"Renegade Catholic order in UK 'harbours clergy accused of sexual abuse"

and

"A British Catholic priest who has been excommunicated twice by different popes is allegedly harbouring clergy accused of sexual abuse in his renegade religious order."

*Sorry double post - meant to edit

Weird. According to the Express article posted above, Scandinavian cops are quitting in record numbers because of rising migrant violence. Yet according to this local article they're quitting because the pay is too low. I wonder which one it is?

https://www.thelocal.se/20160506/blue-flight-swedish-cops-quitting-in-droves
The Local also has an article from the quote you gave saying that cops are afraid for their lives when going out on patrol. One of his colleagues, 'Niklas', wrote that he was forced to patrol a location considered at risk of terror attacks without a protective helmet, as those available were the wrong size for his head. “Without the right equipment and with inadequate training in tactics and shooting we still had to work as live targets without any kind of chance to defend ourselves or our [locations] against a potential attack,”

Obviously more than one element at work here. Note also that the "source" for your article is the Union Chief, who may have a slight interest in police pay schedules.

Weird. According to the Express article posted above, Scandinavian cops are quitting in record numbers because of rising migrant violence. Yet according to this local article they're quitting because the pay is too low. I wonder which one it is?

https://www.thelocal.se/20160506/blue-flight-swedish-cops-quitting-in-droves

I'm guessing police work in Sweden was light duty for a long time, mainly free doughnuts and free love. A great job for a lightly qualified man willing to work for small respect and small salary. But add the factor of danger and longer patrols, the dilettantes move on

Huh?

Your article says:

"Renegade Catholic order in UK 'harbours clergy accused of sexual abuse"

and

"A British Catholic priest who has been excommunicated twice by different popes is allegedly harbouring clergy accused of sexual abuse in his renegade religious order."

*Sorry double post - meant to edit

I know exacvtly what it says and you have done exactly what I thought you would do.

You don't consider extermist elements of Christianity to be representative of all Christians, but you are quite happy to do so (as are your sources) with Muslims.

I'm not sure which is more concerning, the double standard or your inability to see it.

Where does it say this :)
Well, to be honest your original article doesn't contain the word "migrant" at all. It does mention a surge in violent incidents though, leading to this link:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...d-breaking-point-unprecedented-violence-crime

Comparing this with the article I posted above led to my original question; hope that helps.

The Local also has an article from the quote you gave saying that cops are afraid for their lives when going out on patrol. One of his colleagues, 'Niklas', wrote that he was forced to patrol a location considered at risk of terror attacks without a protective helmet, as those available were the wrong size for his head. “Without the right equipment and with inadequate training in tactics and shooting we still had to work as live targets without any kind of chance to defend ourselves or our [locations] against a potential attack,”

Obviously, more than one element at work here. Note also that the "source" for your article is the Union Chief, who may have a slight interest in police pay schedules.
Obviously, but to answer my question you'd have to point out where the article says this has been directly caused by a rise in immigration as the Express article's headline asserted.

Last edited:

I'm guessing police work in Sweden was light duty for a long time, mainly free doughnuts and free love. A great job for a lightly qualified man willing to work for small respect and small salary. But add the factor of danger and longer patrols, the dilettantes move on
Nope, given that they have long had to contend with gang violence from ethnic Swedish gangs, which have included assassinations, car bombing and the uses of anti-tank missiles I would say thats more than a bit wide of the mark.

Where does it say this :)
Repeatedly,, did you even read the linked article?

Police officers in Sweden are fleeing the force in record numbers amid deep dissatisfaction with wages, as union leaders fear an impending mass exodus.
Police officers under the age of 40 are leaving at an unprecedented rate, new police agency figures show.

Almost as many young cops quit in the first three months of this year as in all of 2013.

This is happening at a time when several political parties and national police chief Dan Eliasson say Sweden needs thousands of new police officers.

But police training colleges are struggling to attract new applicants, while many new recruits don’t last long in the job.

“If the salary review later in May is seen as a deeply unfair assessment of police work it will lead to a mass exodus,” national police union chairwoman Lena Nitz told the TT newswire.

In 2013 a total of 70 officers under 40 quit. That figure rose to 95 the following year, and to 121 in 2015.

By the end of March this year 60 officers in this age bracket had already left.

The same worrying trend can also be seen among older employees. Three years ago, 100 officers aged 40-60 terminated their employment, compared to an estimated 180 this year.

“This trend is very serious and it’s obvious the agency hasn’t understood the seriousness. We have a police shortage today and it’s going to become more acute,” said Lena Nitz.

The union chief said frustration with salaries was the main reason people were turning their backs on the police agency.

“I’m getting incredibly strong signals that a lot of police officers think the limit has been reached. Now it’s in Dan Eliasson’s hands to ensure that police officers are valued,” said Nitz.

The union has previously expressed anger over the police agency’s failure to honour a promise to pay officers at least 24,500 kronor ($3,000) per month.

Officers have also reacted negatively to last year’s revamp of the police agency, which was intended to modernise procedures and make the police more effective.

But in a survey of 2,500 officers carried out by the union, not a single one said the agency had succeeded in its goal.

Instead many said they felt much more stressed now, with staff slamming as counterproductive a re-organization that had left them with little time to eat or even go to the toilet.

I have no idea how you could have missed it?

Last edited:
Well, to be honest your original article doesn't contain the word "migrant" at all. It does mention a surge in violent incidents though, leading to this link:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/749735/Sweden-police-malmo-not-safe-NYE-thugs-grenade-attack

Comparing this with the article I posted above led to my original question; hope that helps.

That doesn't really answer my question but I'd be interested to see some facts backing up your claim.
You linked to the same article twice, and therefore still haven't give a source for this:

"Weird. According to the Express article posted above, Scandinavian cops are quitting in record numbers because of rising migrant violence."

You linked to the same article twice, and therefore still haven't give a source for this:

"Weird. According to the Express article posted above, Scandinavian cops are quitting in record numbers because of rising migrant violence."
I posted the wrong article and have since gone back to correct my earlier post. It's hard to find any link between the one you originally posted and the rising tide of immigration that concerns this thread. The most I could find was a link near the end which led here:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...d-breaking-point-unprecedented-violence-crime

Last edited:
Nope, given that they have long had to contend with gang violence from ethnic Swedish gangs, which have included assassinations, car bombing and the uses of anti-tank missiles I would say thats more than a bit wide of the mark.

Repeatedly,, did you even read the linked article?

Police officers in Sweden are fleeing the force in record numbers amid deep dissatisfaction with wages, as union leaders fear an impending mass exodus.
Police officers under the age of 40 are leaving at an unprecedented rate, new police agency figures show.

Almost as many young cops quit in the first three months of this year as in all of 2013.

This is happening at a time when several political parties and national police chief Dan Eliasson say Sweden needs thousands of new police officers.

But police training colleges are struggling to attract new applicants, while many new recruits don’t last long in the job.

“If the salary review later in May is seen as a deeply unfair assessment of police work it will lead to a mass exodus,” national police union chairwoman Lena Nitz told the TT newswire.

In 2013 a total of 70 officers under 40 quit. That figure rose to 95 the following year, and to 121 in 2015.

By the end of March this year 60 officers in this age bracket had already left.

The same worrying trend can also be seen among older employees. Three years ago, 100 officers aged 40-60 terminated their employment, compared to an estimated 180 this year.

“This trend is very serious and it’s obvious the agency hasn’t understood the seriousness. We have a police shortage today and it’s going to become more acute,” said Lena Nitz.

The union chief said frustration with salaries was the main reason people were turning their backs on the police agency.

“I’m getting incredibly strong signals that a lot of police officers think the limit has been reached. Now it’s in Dan Eliasson’s hands to ensure that police officers are valued,” said Nitz.

The union has previously expressed anger over the police agency’s failure to honour a promise to pay officers at least 24,500 kronor ($3,000) per month.

Officers have also reacted negatively to last year’s revamp of the police agency, which was intended to modernise procedures and make the police more effective.

But in a survey of 2,500 officers carried out by the union, not a single one said the agency had succeeded in its goal.

Instead many said they felt much more stressed now, with staff slamming as counterproductive a re-organization that had left them with little time to eat or even go to the toilet.

I have no idea how you could have missed it?
This is predicated on me showing an article that says, quote:

"Weird. According to the Express article posted above, Scandinavian cops are quitting in record numbers because of rising migrant violence. Yet according to this local article they're quitting because the pay is too low. I wonder which one it is?"

As far as I can see the Express article I quoted shows no such reasoning

Obviously, but to answer my question you'd have to point out where the article says this has been directly caused by a rise in immigration as the Express article's headline asserted.
Actually I don't. I don't think that the tiny articles from your source represent the entirety of the situation nor do I discount your source as being biased one way or the other. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to correlate the fact that cops are afraid for their lives when going out on patrol and are inadequately equipped and trained to deal with terrorism to know that they will have an influence on their willingness to stay in a low paying job. Pay is a factor I'm sure, but to discount danger and lack of training as a factor just because a throw away little piece from one source doesn't mention it is to abandon rational thinking. Average pay might be tolerable with job security, a good pension and little risk. Up the risk factor and that average pay isn't so attractive any more.

Actually I don't. I don't think that the tiny articles from your source represent the entirety of the situation nor do I discount your source as being biased one way or the other. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to correlate the fact that cops are afraid for their lives when going out on patrol and are inadequately equipped and trained to deal with terrorism to know that they will have an influence on their willingness to stay in a low paying job. Pay is a factor I'm sure, but to discount danger and lack of training as a factor just because a throw away little piece from one source doesn't mention it is to abandon rational thinking. Average pay might be tolerable with job security, a good pension and little risk. Up the risk factor and that average pay isn't so attractive any more.
That being the case it should be easy to find an article stating outright that more immigrants means more terrorists means less cops rather than an article which merely alludes to it.

This is predicated on me showing an article that says, quote:

"Weird. According to the Express article posted above, Scandinavian cops are quitting in record numbers because of rising migrant violence. Yet according to this local article they're quitting because the pay is too low. I wonder which one it is?"

As far as I can see the Express article I quoted shows no such reasoning
That's okay by me. I can discount it since it shows no link between the thugs mentioned in the article and rising immigration - the question that JP feels he doesn't have to show this link to answer.

Last edited:
That being the case it should be easy to find an article stating outright that more immigrants means more terrorists means less cops rather than an article which merely alludes to it.
Why do I need to find an article stating that more immigrants means more terrorists means less cops etc.? I'm not making that case. I'm pointing out that you aren't making the opposite case with the article you linked to and, with your own links, throwing in more evidence from the police dept. itself, that there are multiple factors in play.
That's okay by me. I can discount it since it shows no link between the thugs mentioned in the article and rising immigration - the question that JP feels he doesn't have to show this link to answer.
See above.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to correlate the fact that cops are afraid for their lives when going out on patrol and are inadequately equipped and trained to deal with terrorism...

And double-parking, and gangland crime, and milk theft. Just saying.

...will have an influence on their willingness to stay in a low paying job. Pay is a factor I'm sure

It's the factor being quoted by the union rep. The union rep... I don't know what they're like in the American continent but here they don't pull any necessary punches. If a specific terrorism fear was top of the agenda for police leavers then the unions would surely say so.

to discount danger and lack of training as a factor just because a throw away little piece from one source doesn't mention it is to abandon rational thinking.

Of course. Fortunately nobody's doing that, are they?

Up the risk factor and that average pay isn't so attractive any more.

That's the nature of the work/pay/risk balance in absolutely any job.

It's the factor being quoted by the union rep. The union rep... I don't know what they're like in the American continent but here they don't pull any necessary punches. If a specific terrorism fear was top of the agenda for police leavers then the unions would surely say so.
The entire article sourced was about the upcoming pay review in March. The Union head is saying that if they don't get what they want there will be a mass exodus. The article isn't about a comprehensive analysis of reasons why police are leaving it's about the upcoming pay review and the Union head is negotiating through the media for a better bargaining position. That's what Union heads do over here and I'm quite sure they do it over there too. Using it as a source that it means police don't care about any subject other than pay for quitting is shortsighted at best. Meanwhile, the same source has officers quoted that say they are inadequately trained and inadequately equipped to handle dangerous patrols and terrorism.

Back