Infamous Tunes * New Garage Name * New Release The R-Evolution *

• Thread starter No_OBsT33R
  • 437 comments
Rotary Junkie
So it's slower than the NSX despite being faster on paper?

430hp difference... Yes, it's heavier but exactly how slow is it around corners? O_o Fuji is a power track by far. I know the C63 is a bit gripless on S3s and therefore rather slow (an M5 will thrash it any day anywhere near the same specs) but... Ah hell never mind, NSX has epic aerodynamics... Though the C63 should be doing well over 200 before the braking point...

Here it is quoted up

If he's not attacking my tune. But the car. How come this doesn't come up in his garage when his garage released their C63 Tune (not to mention, he's been visibly online, but never commented after) also he well knows how his little indirect digs are not welcome.

If he's not attacking my tune. But the car. How come this doesn't come up in his garage when his garage released their C63 Tune (not to mention, he's been visibly online, but never commented after) also he well knows how his little indirect digs are not welcome.

1. Our C63 runs sports tires. We know it's fairly slow for sports tires, particularly given the PWR and what it should be able to do. You also didn't see myself or Roj going "Yeah this C63 is awesome, it does a pretty respectable 1:32 at Trial Mountain" when cars with 50% less power on the same tires do 1:29 all day.

2. Yeahhh I don't like being in the middle of massive :censored:storms.

Edit: Corrections department says our C63 did 1:30 or so. 400hp NSX-R/FD or CSL at 535PP will all do quicker. An Impreza with a still-a-bit-worse PWR does bottom 1:27s albeit whilst being boring as hell.

Last edited:
C63 vs NSX is not a fair fight... the C class absolutely destroys the NSX.

It does have a fair bit more entry understeer, the braking points are waaay earlier and you need to manage the throttle more on the exits, but it's so fast on the straights (200mph in to turn 1) it just kills it on lap times.

With guessed settings and only 12 laps I have a best of 1'34.135, but I reckon mid 33's would be doable with the tune as it is and 32's might be in reach with a great tune and a faster driver than me.

Replay available (WRS clean ;)) if anyone's bothered.

Noob, I read RJ's post you quoted above and I didn't see anything in it to take offence at!

Oh, and I noticed whilst reading through the various posts over the past page or so someone said modesty is a rare trait in the fastest drivers... my experience is that the fastest drivers ARE very modest with only a few exceptions (no names ;)). If anyone doubts this, go read through some of the WRS archive. You'll see some of the fastest drivers on GTPlanet being super humble and helping those less gifted improve their skills.

Last edited:
Oh cool, it's finished. Thanks!

Seems that I can concentrate me on the BMW M3 CSL's now.

@Stotty
True, the most are very humble. The tuning forum is just a mad place....:lol:

The tuning forum is just a mad place....:lol:

It is indeed!

At the end of the day most of the tunes posted by the various tuners will perform better than the stock car, and the vast majority of players will not have the skill or consistency to be able to get the best out of any tune. So it's more down to how a particular tune 'feels' to the individual than anything else.

Am I the only one who finds humor, in that fact that solo_562's picture, proves that RJ was right from square one?

Stotty
Noob, I read RJ's post you quoted above and I didn't see anything in it to take offence at!

That's definitely a valid way of seeing it. It wasn't direct, I may have been overly defensive or just bit some well played bait.

I'll wait and see if another one of my Tunes that gets published has a dig at me (or the car itself, not clear what he was calling "slow" if it wasn't my Tune running 1:36 (that is still respectable, and not an example of the Tunes limits) either way, I'll wait and see if the pattern continues, then only comment on that and not the well played comment.

Nicely done RJ ;) but I learn quick, and have a few tricks of my own.

It's funny, I would like to get more GT seat time with my C63 at Fuji (especially since Stotty hit a blazing 1:34 O_O ) I get my kicks after tuning from chasing lap times. Too bad it takes a bunch of BS, but I always get some times to chase with Ghost to help my lines, it's just too much money to be made to take a break and play video games today. Maybe tomorrow I'll have some time or LATE tonight.

Adrenaline
Am I the only one who finds humor, in that fact that solo_562's picture, proves that RJ was right from square one?

Umm RJ said the NSX was faster, but the C63 has proven to be faster. How exactly is he right about the C63 being slow?

Oh BTW independent test with the 2 cars tuned up is the best testament to that. Stotty said it well when he said it's not a fair fight but I said it best when I said

No_OBsT33R
1:36 in my hands.... Aside from Slotty and I most can't even get their NSX that fast. So it's FASTER then most with a NSX. Who knows how hot a lap Slotty can put down, he's a second faster in the NSX then I. I wonder what he could do with this Beast. A 1:35 or faster wouldn't surprise me.

To even compare a NSX to a C63 is......

Umm RJ said the NSX was faster, but the C63 has proven to be faster. How exactly is he right about the C63 being slow?

LMAO, this is why no one takes you or your tunes seriously.
You literally fabricate anything to try and prove your right.

So it's slower than the NSX despite being faster on paper?

430hp difference... Yes, it's heavier but exactly how slow is it around corners? O_o Fuji is a power track by far.

Your complete and utter lack of reading comprehension is the only 'smoke screen' that seems to exists.

RJ's key points:
1: Fuji is a power track
2: The C63 has 430hp more than the NSX
3: The C63 does well over 200mph down the straight
4: The C63 is faster on paper

Now, the opening statement, pay very close attention.

"So it's slower than the NSX despite being faster on paper?"

First note the question mark. What's he's asking, is WHY is your C63 running slower lap times than your NSX. Because he's surprised and knows it doesn't make sense(On this track).
Also note the word 'despite', grab your dictionary again.
Finally, scroll down to "Exactly how slow is it around corners?"
This question, is not calling your tune slow, it's not calling your driving poor, It's a direct question, relating to the cars weight and it's ability, or lack thereof, to hold speed through corners. What he's saying, is that the only way it makes sense for the NSX lap times to be quicker, is if you're going way too slow through the corners in the C63.

RJ's point was, is and has always been, that the C63 should be quicker on Fuji, due to it's massive power advantage and the layout of the track in question.

Adrenaline
LMAO, this is why no one takes you or your tunes seriously.
You literally fabricate anything to try and prove your right.

Your complete and utter lack of reading comprehension is the only 'smoke screen' that seems to exists.

RJ's key points:
1: Fuji is a power track
2: The C63 has 430hp more than the NSX
3: The C63 does well over 200mph down the straight
4: The C63 is faster on paper

Now, the opening statement, pay very close attention.

"So it's slower than the NSX despite being faster on paper?"

First note the question mark. What's he's asking, is WHY is your C63 running slower lap times than your NSX. Because he's surprised and knows it doesn't make sense(On this track).
Also note the word 'despite', grab your dictionary again.
Finally, scroll down to "Exactly how slow is it around corners?"
This question, is not calling your tune slow, it's not calling your driving poor, It's a direct question, relating to the cars weight and it's ability, or lack thereof, to hold speed through corners. What he's saying, is that the only way it makes sense for the NSX lap times to be quicker, is if you're going way too slow through the corners in the C63.

RJ's point was, is and has always been, that the C63 should be quicker on Fuji, due to it's massive power advantage and the layout of the track in question.

When did I ever say it was the fastest it could get? I should what, Insure I can lap a track faster then every other laps I've done with cars that on paper should be faster? Has my tune not shown itself to get 1:35 on a 3rd lap first try? Is that not faster then 1:36? (do YOU understand, these are rhetorical questions?) is my lack of pushing it all out an issue? Was I stating that's all it's capable of? If one driver gets X time does that mean that's all the tune is capable of?

I just run a lap that should be obtainable by the average (well I try to, some times only skilled drivers can hit the numbers, Scoobie Deuce Deuce.) then post them up.

A 1:38 with an NSX should be obtainable by most GT drivers (1:36 - 1:35 reservers for those with a bit more refined skill) as should a 1:36 with a C63, wile 1:34 - 1:35 is more reserved. (ohh as soon as the block cools off, I'm going to push my C63 (didn't we go though this already with the NSX?) let's see what I can do when I push this beast.....

I mean, I could look at times posted by noob drivers driving RJ Tunes that are much slower then what I can hit with default settings (i could even call their name out, but I don't hate on kids) I could bash RJs tune the same way, but I don't, that would make me an ass, as apposed to RJ fanboys thinking I'm an ass for beefing with RJ.

What is wrong with live and let live? If I've gone over to his garage and belittled his tunes please point it out, yet he always has something negative to say in my Garage, yet hasn't driven a. Single one of my Tunes....

Last edited:
Ooook! You say you're not a great driver but your times are faster than stotty's (D1Gold)? I'm sorry but it sounds a bit strange for me. Of course, it could be that your that good, but why do you say: "I'm not a great driver"?
I think somebody who does this times is a great driver.

Thanks for the compliment bud. I don't consider myself a great driver, simply because there are other drivers that have greater skills than me. I'm just another guy that has a job and a family to support who likes to play games in my spare time when I'm not out doing other things. GT5 and the COD series are my main games so when I'm not on COD I'm mashing it out on GT5 :lol:. I just started looking at these tunes lately and wanted to challenge myself to see what I would be capable of with other people's tunes and so far I'm seeing great tunes from several people i.e. RKM, Praiano, Noob and several other tuners in the tuner board. I along with the rest of you guys just don't like seeing all the back and forth bickering.

On another note, back to the C63, I completely agree with Stotty. The car is completely different from the NSX, there really shouldn't be a comparison of the two. You simply have to be careful when you accel out of a corner on 2nd gear since there is so much torque you will simply lose traction at the rear. The gearing is short too so you have to pay attention to that also, I often found myself bouncing off the rev limiter from 2nd-3rd lol. Just got back home from work and decided to see what I can really do with more than 3 laps with the car and this is what I managed (the car don't have a spoiler so no adjustable DF :P)

I also agree with Stotty, with the right hands the car will pull mid, maybe even low 1.33's. Now, again, the tuners are putting out great tunes and I'm just testing their products. I'm just here to drive, not pick sides with whose better than the other. That's my .02 cents :cheers:.

solo_562
Thanks for the compliment bud. I don't consider myself a great driver, simply because there are other drivers that have greater skills than me. I'm just another guy that has a job and a family to support who likes to play games in my spare time when I'm not out doing other things. GT5 and the COD series are my main games so when I'm not on COD I'm mashing it out on GT5 :lol:. I just started looking at these tunes lately and wanted to challenge myself to see what I would be capable of with other people's tunes and so far I'm seeing great tunes from several people i.e. RKM, Praiano, Noob and several other tuners in the tuner board. I along with the rest of you guys just don't like seeing all the back and forth bickering.

On another note, back to the C63, I completely agree with Stotty. The car is completely different from the NSX, there really shouldn't be a comparison of the two. You simply have to be careful when you accel out of a corner on 2nd gear since there is so much torque you will simply lose traction at the rear. The gearing is short too so you have to pay attention to that also, I often found myself bouncing off the rev limiter from 2nd-3rd lol. Just got back home from work and decided to see what I can really do with more than 3 laps with the car and this is what I managed (the car don't have a spoiler so no adjustable DF :P)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/dsc03507i.jpg/

I also agree with Stotty, with the right hands the car will pull mid, maybe even low 1.33's. Now, again, the tuners are putting out great tunes and I'm just testing their products. I'm just here to drive, not pick sides with whose better than the other. That's my .02 cents :cheers:.

Wow, that's quick. I hit a low 1:35 after 7 laps pushing it with room to spare, but 133, yikes!

Hitting nice 1:35's at Fuji with my HKS CT230R, it's still unfinished but coming along nicely. Not bad for a car that maxes out at around 185mph and doesn't hit it on the straight. It eats up corners though.

I'm running a relatively open front diff compared to the rear, makes for nice powering out of corners.

Some find that AWD are good with a more closed front Diff, my tune will be a different approach.

Ohh, here's a lap @ Fuji, but I think I'm going to move testing to a much better Track (IMO) Fuji is fun but getting old. Nurb GP/F is (IMO) the hottest new Track to the Series, it's awesome combination of corners, wide variety of corners with punishing run-off's rewarding clean driving, make it an ideal testing ground and a excellent example of a Racing Track.

HKS CT230R Fuji Hot Lap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maVR6c1RAHQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Seams like I'm getting a little Infamous around here (hmmm Garage Name? "Infamous Tunes" hmmm), either way I hope everything's been settled. If they want to keep it going and pollute my Garage, I'll just reply in theirs. I have no intention of venturing back into their spot, so long as they stay out of mine.

HKS CT230R is hitting 1:39 @ Fuji running Sports Soft Tires. It's a decent Hot Lap had to push her a bit, but clean no Assist other than ABS-1 and I used the driving line to compare lines, ignored its early braking points.

Last edited:
"The R-Evolution IX" Has Come

4b74d3d2.jpg

This Evo is named "The R-Evolution IX" & is designed to be a Dominant force at the Track on S Compound Tires. I consider this a Stage II Tune. I will put up an all-out RM Evo IX shortly. "The R-Evolution IX" will overthrow any Oppressor.

When hitting the Track in a Modified Evolution on Sports Compound tires you’re most often doing so with the intention of enjoying an AWD car that has a reputation for tearing up Tracks with intense speed in the corners. Time Attack versions of this car have been breaking records on various Tracks all over the world. This is also sadly the last Evo that will be packing the proven 4G63 under the hood as the Evo X has an all new power plant providing the grunt. I usually don’t go for the Fully Tunable Suspension on a Stage II Tune however this car has a Revolution to carry out, it will need the full benefits of all available adjustments.

Since I’ve installed a Fully Tunable Suspension and I’ve set up Track only Spring Rates the AYC will be pretty much rendered useless, I’ve had to go the rout most Time Attack Evos have gone scrapping the AYC for a LSD. I'’m also going the rout of a relatively open front diff vs. rear diff. This will be a Tarmac only Tune intended for the Track use only. No off roading, that would be dangerous, no cruising the neighbourhood, that would not be comfortable and might shake out a filling. On the track it will cut corners like a Samurai Sword.

8b166465.jpg

Don’t take my word for it, try these settings and see "The R-Evolution IX" for yourself.

Pick up a Brand New Evo IX From The Mitsubishi Dealership. Head over to GT-Auto and instal a Front Lip. Get her new oil and a wash, some Rims & Paint if you like. Make sure to break in the engine, lap results are not accurot until the car is been broken in.

Install the following parts

Window Weight Reduction
Increased Rigidity
Carbon Hood
Stage II Weight reduction
Stage II Engine Tuning
Tuned ECU
Sport Intake Manifold
Racing Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Mid RPM Turbo
Fully Customizable transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Adjustable LSD
Torque Sensing Center Diff
Carbon Drive Shaft
Fully Customizeable Suspension
Sports Soft Compound Tires

The Settings

Suspension
-22/-12
9.5/7.0
6/8
5/7
4/6
3.2/2.0
0.08/0.16

Brakes
6/4

Gear Box (Adjust in this order Reset, TS Tuner, Gear, FD)

Top Speed Tuner

FD

Drivetrain
LSD
6/12
18/36
9/18

TSCD
30/70

In My Opinion
The Default tune left much to be desired. You could tell this was a mean car and highly capable however being driven on the streets of the world meant the suspension & gear box were certainly not at full potential on the Track. Never the less the prowess of this Evo could be felt with the car completely Stock.

9134cddd.jpg

After Putting in some work feeling out the Chassis and Balancing the Springs, I’'ve put together a Tune that will have the average Driver feeling empowered and the seasoned driver pushing her harder exploring new limits for S compound tires on a Evo, both with lap times falling each lap, and both with devilish grins.

2b0bba53.jpg

"The R-Evolution IX" is around 2 seconds Faster then top competitors around The Nurb GP/F when at the same Spec, and blows them away when in proper spec. Real Tuning, no Odd-Ball Tweaking.

Other Evo's run from the Track Scared when "The R-Evolution" comes.

Coming Soon...

Rotary Nightmare!

14606caa.jpg

She's gonna have all other RX-7's scared to come out when she's around.

Last edited:
You should bite the Bullet and buy one. Plenty of ways to make a few bucks to pick up a used one. You spend so much time chatting over a game you can't play anymore, wouldn't it be worth it even if just for GT5.

I can help yah put together a PS3 fund. Even toss a few bucks at yah too (Canadian Cash). I can think of more then a few easy ways to make the cash. Hell, I'd open up a Leamonaid Stand if I had to.

You should bite the Bullet and buy one. Plenty of ways to make a few bucks to pick up a used one. You spend so much time chatting over a game you can't play anymore, wouldn't it be worth it even if just for GT5.

I can help yah put together a PS3 fund. Even toss a few bucks at yah too (Canadian Cash). I can think of more then a few easy ways to make the cash. Hell, I'd open up a Leamonaid Stand if I had to.

Problem being I've got other stuff for that cash to go to at the moment... Like fixing my bloody car (head gaskets on a 4.6, do not want) etc etc.

That said I can replace my current one for a net outlay of $180 or so for a fresh 160gb slim as it turns on and "works", it just doesn't work.

Rotary Junkie
Problem being I've got other stuff for that cash to go to at the moment... Like fixing my bloody car (head gaskets on a 4.6, do not want) etc etc.

That said I can replace my current one for a net outlay of $180 or so for a fresh 160gb slim as it turns on and "works", it just doesn't work.

Fair enough. I got a bunch of ish to do on my MKII GTi VR6. Head gasket shouldn't be too big-o-deal, how much is the gasket? Why you changing it? Milky oil?

Fair enough. I got a bunch of ish to do on my MKII GTi VR6. Head gasket shouldn't be too big-o-deal, how much is the gasket? Why you changing it? Milky oil?

Bought it near as dammit a year ago with bad head gaskets (and a bad heater core, forgot to mention that, it's the cause), haven't gotten around to it. My dad has several 4.6 SOHCs around and since it's finally there we can theoretically yank the engine/trans out, pop one of our known good ones in + a trans, then throw an LSD we picked up in to go with it. Oh and fix the heater core and assorted other gremlins.

Also... I think you forget how huge 4.6s are... There's no way in hell to yank the heads without pulling the motor.

4.6 Ford? In a Stang?

Sure can. Can get em off even without removing the exhaust manifolds :) the long ass head studs might be a pain but doable. Again easier with em off, but not a must.

The studs will be useless and need replacing along with the gasket. Pick up a kit, don't use a used gasket, just asking for trouble. Be sure to do a "Leak down test"

Much easier with the engine pulled, but that's alright. Pull it.

Last edited:
Rotary Junkie
Thunderbird rather and like I said, just swapping the entire motor out for now.

Even more space, the stangs a lil tighter then the Bird.

What year is the Bird?

So do it when it's pulled. Its all good.

Still seems like your not maximizing the use of your time. Bite the Bullet and get a replacement PS3.

Isn't it good when you two can actually post to eachother in a civil manner!! :D I've just read the past few posts regarding the engine pull and all I have to say is 👍 to it, much better than the other stuff that's been occurring lately. :)

I personally like healthy rivalries between garages though so trash talking in the sense of "my garage is better than yours" after proving so is still fair game and I think most of the other guys will agree with that. :cool: That's why RJ & I give eachother 🤬 all the time, because we're used to trying to better eachother and having our fun when we're in a room together. :lol:

*added bit* Noobster is right though RJ, buy another PS3 you tightwad (even on lay-by!), we need to race. :P

Even more space, the stangs a lil tighter then the Bird.

What year is the Bird?

So do it when it's pulled. Its all good.

Still seems like your not maximizing the use of your time. Bite the Bullet and get a replacement PS3.

You may be surprised on the space thing. The Bird is actually considered by most to be a bit tighter under the hood than the SN95 Stangs and definitely has a shorter (heightwise) engine bay; Cobra intakes on DOHC motors require a fairly large cowl hood for example.

Isn't it good when you two can actually post to eachother in a civil manner!! :D I've just read the past few posts regarding the engine pull and all I have to say is 👍 to it, much better than the other stuff that's been occurring lately. :)

I personally like healthy rivalries between garages though so trash talking in the sense of "my garage is better than yours" after proving so is still fair game and I think most of the other guys will agree with that. :cool: That's why RJ & I give eachother 🤬 all the time, because we're used to trying to better eachother and having our fun when we're in a room together. :lol:

*added bit* Noobster is right though RJ, buy another PS3 you tightwad (even on lay-by!), we need to race. :P

It's nice not getting in a fight every time I make a post, I'll admit that...

Not having a PS3 at present has nothing to do with me being a tightwad and everything to do with me simply not having any sort of money. My phone hasn't had a working screen for several years now as well... ;)

Anyway, Noobsteer, you planning to release your CT230R any time soon? I'm thinking mine may drop tomorrow or so depending on when Roj makes a banner for it (Onboy sent it in to get the gearbox he screwed up fixed)... Then it's just time to call in as many people as we can to compare them, eh? :P

Back