Infineon Raceway on GT6?

• Thread starter mcalva98
  • 33 comments
United States
USA
mcalva98
I recently saw a video of screenshots of the 15 anniversary of GT, one of the pics had a Audi R8 LeMans car and it said Infineon(similar to the car in GT4/5) because of this i was wondering if this track would come back to GT?

My bad, I still thought it was Infineon, is that why it had not been in GT5?
No, Forza 4 was released after GT5 and it does have Infineon as one of the new tracks they added. I was surprised that it was not in GT5. Then again there were a few tracks I really expected to see in GT5 that weren't there.

The track isn't Infineon Raceway anymore, and hasn't been for over a year now.

That's cool, it will always be Sears Point to me, anyway. Although I support the name Sonoma as opposed to some corporate sponsorship name.

I recently saw a video of screenshots of the 15 anniversary of GT, one of the pics had a Audi R8 LeMans car and it said Infineon(similar to the car in GT4/5) because of this i was wondering if this track would come back to GT?

Are you asking if the sponsor being on the car means the track will be in GT6?

02030719.jpg

If so, no. It's just the real world sponsor.

It was logo of the Infineon Company, not Infineon track logo.

infineon-logo-540x284.jpg

02030719.jpg

Infineon Company is the main sponsor of the track.

InfineonRacewayoverheadcrpitstoponline.com_crop_650x440.jpg

EDIT: What Samus just said above 👍

In GT4 Infineon sticker is clearly visible on the R8 Race Car '01
2378006269_3e5cb0a048.jpg

GT4_Audi_R8_Race_Car_5_by_murumokirby360.jpg

In GT5 : Infineon sticker is censored and Infineon Raceway is no longer included in the game
hqdefault.jpg

In GT4 Infineon sticker is clearly visible on the R8 Race Car '01

In GT5 : Infineon sticker is censored and Infineon Raceway is no longer included in the game

That's nice - but also irrelevant.

---

Sonoma may or may not make it into GT6 - however car decals are not going to tell us when or if that will be the case.

you see i didn't get why it wasnt in GT5. You add Nascar... then remove a Nascar track. Now that just doesn't make any sense.

If that track was in GT5 i actually might buy a nascar and use it for more than one event. -.-

you see i didn't get why it wasnt in GT5. You add Nascar... then remove a Nascar track. Now that just doesn't make any sense.

If that track was in GT5 i actually might buy a nascar and use it for more than one event. -.-

What's keeping you from driving them on the other tracks? Who says you have to drive a NASCAR racer on NASCAR tracks? :odd:

hqdefault.jpg

I thought that was really bizarre, since it's not a tobacco or alcoholic beverage brand, or a Sony competitor.

Well. I heard the infineon license went to forza. Also now the track no longer has there sponsorship in real life, simply called "Sonoma" now.

A license for what, the company that makes semiconductors? If you just mean they got the license for the track now known as Sonoma that may be true but it's certainly not an exclusive license, many other games have it.

What's keeping you from driving them on the other tracks? Who says you have to drive a NASCAR racer on NASCAR tracks? :odd:

because i find NASCAR kinda boring despite being from the country and the only think that would ever make me even want to think about driving one would be infineon.

NASCAR just isn't entertaining to me. -.-

What you mean its censored? its still on the car and clearly visible at that. O.o

What you mean its censored? its still on the car and clearly visible at that. O.o

8983754375_573f516158_b.jpg

8984950720_4858f0f95d_b.jpg

If you look closely, you can see that the sticker shows the Infineon logo but with square shapes.

Even if it was in the game I doubt they would include the NASCAR layout.

A license for what, the company that makes semiconductors? If you just mean they got the license for the track now known as Sonoma that may be true but it's certainly not an exclusive license, many other games have it.

I thought that was really bizarre, since it's not a tobacco or alcoholic beverage brand, or a Sony competitor.

As the Infineon logo is a copyrighted trademark, I could see something where for PD to use it, they have to negotiate a license agreement with Infineon for their logo to appear in any way in the game. If an agreement wasn't reached, then PD will have to blur it out, which from looking at the pictures, looks to be the case.

I don't understand? in reality, companies are fawning over advertising space on cars and tracks; but in a video game developers need to seek them out and negotiate rights?

I had always thought that PD would be getting money from these companies for having their name on the virtual circuits.

Does anyone understand how this whole system works? I'm actually rather interested.

As the Infineon logo is a copyrighted trademark, I could see something where for PD to use it, they have to negotiate a license agreement with Infineon for their logo to appear in any way in the game. If an agreement wasn't reached, then PD will have to blur it out, which from looking at the pictures, looks to be the case.
That is most likely not the case. Look at the number of sponsor logos on the NASCAR, Super GT, VLN, and the Le Mans cars of years past in GT4 and GT5. It's just unreasonable to think that PD would go to every sponsoring company (including Microsoft) and getting permission to use their logos, nevermind paying them also.

I would imagine that infineon went to PD and asked to have their logo removed/censored for whatever reason.

TheMokafan
Even if it was in the game I doubt they would include the NASCAR layout.

I can't imagine why not. They have to render it all whether they use certain areas of the track for racing or not. It's just a shorter variant of the same course.

Latest Posts

Back