GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,265 comments
I’m not very familiar with the Nurburgring (in any configuration) so, I spent Mon-Thursday practicing and qualifying. My QT sucked and it was ranked in the top 25,000… yes, thats not a typo. On the positive side, I had countless places that I felt I could improve on.

Today, Friday, I figured what-the-heck, I’ll enter one race just to see how far down the grid I place. There was as much as a :50 second spread from top to bottom of the grid (B lobby).

The race was amazing, so much fun (that doesn’t necessarily mean that I placed well). It turns out that grid position had very little to do with final positioning, similar results on my 2nd race.
IMG_8379.jpeg

Last edited:
I always wash after changing the oil. You never know that bit of dirt may slow you down. More drag, don’t you know?
You never know - it could make a difference, without affecting BOP too perhaps. We clean helicopter rotor blades every 50 hours for top efficiency. I guess using a rental car all the time would always ensure the best car for lap times, if there was a performance difference.

P.S wish there was no such thing as rental cars in a daily race. At least if it was a one make race ( a.k.a Gr2/Gr4) then there might be a few different liveries on display.

If you have a faster lap time during an actual race than your qualifying time, I’m curious why that doesn’t become your new QT.
I also notice a lot of drivers start at the back of the pack with no QT listed and end up placing pretty high, is there a strategy there?

If you have a faster lap time during an actual race than your qualifying time, I’m curious why that doesn’t become your new QT.
I also notice a lot of drivers start at the back of the pack with no QT listed and end up placing pretty high, is there a strategy there?
Usually very fast chaps that enjoy fighting through the pack. I'll sometimes start at the back on unfamiliar track/combos just to get a feel for how a race goes, but then I'll try and qualify to get nearer the front

M
P.S wish there was no such thing as rental cars in a daily race. At least if it was a one make race ( a.k.a Gr2/Gr4) then there might be a few different liveries on display.
The trouble is then, people would not be racing. While my old account had more money than I knew what to do with and every car you could get (thanks scripted grinds) currently I’m am growing the VR account “organically”. No grinding so far but that does mean I’m now slow to get the expensive cars.

Consequently, if I didn’t use the rental, I’d be out of luck.

Now if I like the car though, I’ll find a way to buy it…

Latest Posts

Back