Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,191 comments
GT2 - EMEA - Mid B - Door #11 - 117pts for the win

Can't skip the Nordschleife after all 😅 Dissapointed that there was no rain and we had to run those damn Hards for the whole race.

Quali was awful. P12 with a really bad lap and lots of mistakes

26-10-Quali.jpg

The race was a destruction derby for the most part. Made really good progress through the first lap with a highest position of 5th due to lots of fighting and crashing in front.

At Wipperman a Porsche in front was braking really early and I hit him. Did not expect him to brake so early. Called me retarted afterwards. Watched the replay and don't know. He was fighting the car it seemed and braking a lot earlier then you normaly would. Probably should have waited either way 😕

Slipped back to P7 after that and had a great fight with another Porsche over the next 2 laps. Switched positions a couple of times and after I ran wide at Wehrseifen he was ahead and I couldn't catch him.

Another car infront spun out which handed me P6 and I finished there for 93points. Not a bad race overall I guess but definitly my last race for Lamborghini. We'll see what the next Manu Series will bring.

26-10-Race.jpg

26-10.jpg

Last edited:
The only difference between the 2 races this week (apart from the layout) is the time of day are at opposite ends of the scale. Early morning for Daily C and sunset for Manu. The cars are a lot less slippery for the Manu race, so the tyres should warm up faster. I think the track temps were 7c for Daily C and 14c for Manu. Take it easy in the GP section and by the time you hit the forest, the tyres should be at optimum temp. Good luck guys!

Last edited:
Just about but don't hang around.... (I'm on a base PS4 as well so most folk will have faster loading than me)
My issue is switching accounts to race my alts too. I’m on a PS5 but that still may not be enough time to exit the race, switch accounts, load GT7 and get in the race on time.

It will be the difference between doing 3 straight and doing every other….

My issue is switching accounts to race my alts too. I’m on a PS5 but that still may not be enough time to exit the race, switch accounts, load GT7 and get in the race on time.

It will be the difference between doing 3 straight and doing every other….
I switched between my AO and EMEA accounts when I did that change so you'll be good.

Started 3rd, 2 seconds or so off pole. Moved up to 2nd at the first corner as a Merc was lagging and braked really early. Stuck it out behind the Supra in front fairly well until I slid wide and into the wall just after the Karussell. Lost 2nd to a Porsche in the run up to Flugplatz on lap 2. Kept it in 3rd and had a chance to pass the Porsche on the straight at the end, got alongside him after he was weaving a lot but right as we went under the bridge there was a massive lag spike (watching the replay, about a full car's length ffs) so I backed off.

Nürburgring Endurance_.jpeg

I'm not taking a picture of me with the Porsche because it has a stupid livery so here's my massive dive at the start (it was a dive but I got it stopped)

Disappointing that two or three mistakes ended up costing me but after racing Supras, Porsches and AMGs here in Race C I'm really not surprised I didn't quite have the pace to keep with them. I lost about a second on the straight alone to that Supra. Still, a decent result and about the best I could do.

Last edited:
I'm going to be honest, I'm glad the season is over. Only taking one shot at that today because it's a dull race and doing it in the Renault felt like a mistake. Just another race where I've felt like I have to push the car insanely hard to try be even the slightest bit competitive.

I qualified P6, survived the start cleanly, even managed to build a bit of a gap to P7 across the lap. Coming back onto the GP circuit for lap 2, I've suddenly got a Supra looming large in my wing mirror. That completely threw me off because the gap evaporated out of nowhere. Checking the replay, I got up to 168mph without slipstream by the Bilstein gantry, then 174mph going through the compression after it. The Supra was doing 175mph BEFORE the gantry whilst still being out of slipstream range. I know cars need to have their individual strengths and weaknesses but that's crazy. The RS01 is not a car I'm going to miss.

I got flustered with the Supra so close and ended up trying to push too hard to try keep the gap, which did not mesh at all in a race where it feels like you're driving on ice with Hards. My lap 2 was a shambles and I lost a couple of positions. I managed to settle down again and slot in behind a Corvette, but there was no way I'd ever be able to pass it without some kind of mistake being made. The Renault simply couldn't mount an attack down the straights in the slipstream.

I ended up losing another one later on to a Nissan who didn't bother qualifying and was trying to do last-to-first, followed up on lap 5 by a Porsche.

I finished P8 in the end thanks to people crashing, worth 188 points. Also got a CRB. I'd have needed P5 or better to improve my season score. Considering how the Renault seemed completely incapable of making any passes down the Dottinger Hohe, I can't see that realistically happening even though I was only a few seconds behind P5 in the end. I need to start very close to the front and somehow not get slipstreamed into oblivion.

Last edited:
Another mince race in GT2. Neither me nor the RX-Vision are suited to this track, obviously qualified last, obviously kept it clean and made a bunch of places up from crashes and quitters...

... but since I'm obviously much slower and am obviously pulling off line and braking a little early to let you pass me again, why the **** do you utter oafs keep on hitting me in the process? I got hit by four different cars, three of which were those I was letting past and one of which was a guy who crashed then apparently decided to hard-left into me as I came past at +20 only to crash again and then quit.

I'm going to be honest, I'm glad the season is over. Only taking one shot at that today because it's a dull race and doing it in the Renault felt like a mistake. Just another race where I've felt like I have to push the car insanely hard to try be even the slightest bit competitive.

I qualified P6, survived the start cleanly, even managed to build a bit of a gap to P7 across the lap. Coming back onto the GP circuit for lap 2, I've suddenly got a Supra looming large in my wing mirror. That completely threw me off because the gap evaporated out of nowhere. Checking the replay, I got up to 168mph without slipstream by the Bilstein gantry, then 174mph going through the compression after it. The Supra was doing 175mph BEFORE the gantry whilst still being out of slipstream range. I know cars need to have their individual strengths and weaknesses but that's crazy. The RS01 is not a car I'm going to miss.

I got flustered with the Supra so close and ended up trying to push too hard to try keep the gap, which did not mesh at all in a race where it feels like you're driving on ice with Hards. My lap 2 was a shambles and I lost a couple of positions. I managed to settle down again and slot in behind a Corvette, but there was no way I'd ever be able to pass it without some kind of mistake being made. The Renault simply couldn't mount an attack down the straights in the slipstream.

I ended up losing another one later on to a Nissan who didn't bother qualifying and was trying to do last-to-first, followed up on lap 5 by a Porsche.

I finished P8 in the end thanks to people crashing, worth 188 points. Also got a CRB. I'd have needed P5 or better to improve my season score. Considering how the Renault seemed completely incapable of making any passes down the Dottinger Hohe, I can't see that realistically happening even though I was only a few seconds behind P5 in the end. I need to start very close to the front and somehow not get slipstreamed into oblivion.

Sounds like a similar speed difference between the GT-R and the Supra. An absolute nonsense of a car that clearly isn't lacking anywhere else to make up for it.

I've missed the first two GT1 slots so will do the last as per my strategy outlined earlier in the thread.

Because I missed the first round whatever points I get on this one will count so it's worth just starting it.

Got through qualy for the 6pm slot. (12th) Only for the network to kick me out. The game is still connected. So screwed over again! A shame because I enjoy the Nurb. This game can be so frustrating at times.

Back