Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,813 comments
Hi, I'm a chilean simracer since long ago, Assetto Corsa and rFactor 2 lover, I own a Logitech G27 and found this site looking for huds for Assetto... and found many other cool things. Nice community guys. Regards.

Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
Hi everyone,

• Watching some GT7 videos on YT and someone ads about this forum, so voilà!
  • I'm from France (in Britanny)
  • I started long time ago, specially with GT3 on PS2 (with a Logitech GT Force wheel)
  • I will as I look for a Thrusmaster T GT II (not too expensive)
  • I played a lot with my old PS2 (Ratchet & Clank, WRC, Colin McRae, …) and some on my iPad/iPhone (mainly Clash Royale)
  • Looking mainly for GT7 guides (car settings in particular)
My avatar is the one I used to have since GT3, some decades ago :-)

Hello, greetings to everyone, a nice community, I am 42 years old. I deal with GT as much as we can in Turkey. I am a PS5 player. My English is not very good, but I write with translate. I apologize in advance if I make a mistake. I'm sorry. I participate in daily races or events. If there is a fast racer, I immediately step aside. Have a good race everyone.

PSN: cmgms
Wheels Set: Trustmaster GTB 488

Greetings and Salutations!
Been a Gran Turismo player since the series debuted in the 90s and am very active on GT7, especially when it comes to liveries of all sorts.
Having followed this site for the past few years, figured it was time I sign up.
Thanks for having me and looking forward to seeing you on track!
Gran Turismo® 7_20240522124501.jpg

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20240423144551.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20240423144551.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200910155500.jpg
    Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200910155500.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200913001438_1.jpg
    Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200913001438_1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 3
  • GT NFL Helmets Collage.png
    GT NFL Helmets Collage.png
    333 KB · Views: 1
Been a Gran Turismo player since the series debuted in the 90s and am very active on GT7, especially when it comes to liveries of all sorts.
Having followed this site for the past few years, figured it was time I sign up.
View attachment 1359515
GT7 is very good at car styling and paints, I make my own team logo for every race. Every vehicle that has been tuned and won a race deserves this coating.

:) :) :)

1716964505849.png

Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
I've known of GTplanet for a while and have used it before with old accounts, I'm from the UK and have been playing racing games since the age of 4. Started with a ps1 title called Total Drivin'.

I have a Logitech g29 that I have barely used but looking to actually use it more after a purchase of a used playseat setup I plan to purchase today. Other games i play include grand theft auto, gears of war and with my 3 year old girl, the license tests of gt4.

I look forward to putting some laps in on gt7 and eventually joining a league in the future that is friendly to new users of wheel setups. I raced in the GTTCC years ago on the PS3 with a controller and had fun doing so.

So, hi :)

I've known of GTplanet for a while and have used it before with old accounts, I'm from the UK and have been playing racing games since the age of 4. Started with a ps1 title called Total Drivin'.

I have a Logitech g29 that I have barely used but looking to actually use it more after a purchase of a used playseat setup I plan to purchase today. Other games i play include grand theft auto, gears of war and with my 3 year old girl, the license tests of gt4.

I look forward to putting some laps in on gt7 and eventually joining a league in the future that is friendly to new users of wheel setups. I raced in the GTTCC years ago on the PS3 with a controller and had fun doing so.

So, hi :)
welcome. This is a beautiful environment. There were mass races or meetings. I also have a 4 year old daughter. and very keen on racing. :) I understand you very well.

Hey everyone... looks like I'm real late to the party, I feel like I've always looked up stuff on here but never joined the forum until now.
I'm from the USA, played GT1 when I was little, then GT3 a little bit, then GT4 had me hooked... played that on emulator for years and now just starting GT7.
Used to play with steering wheel but sold it, so maybe I'll have one again, but for now just controller.
Other games I love range from sports to single player story, I'm really all over the map.
Hopefully looking to learn even more about the games, connect with some cool people and reminisce on GT4!

Hey everyone... looks like I'm real late to the party, I feel like I've always looked up stuff on here but never joined the forum until now.
I'm from the USA, played GT1 when I was little, then GT3 a little bit, then GT4 had me hooked... played that on emulator for years and now just starting GT7.
Used to play with steering wheel but sold it, so maybe I'll have one again, but for now just controller.
Other games I love range from sports to single player story, I'm really all over the map.
Hopefully looking to learn even more about the games, connect with some cool people and reminisce on GT4!
Dude, if you're going to play GT7, you definitely need a steering wheel. You can't understand that feeling with the joystick. GT7 is best for this feeling.

Dude, if you're going to play GT7, you definitely need a steering wheel. You can't understand that feeling with the joystick. GT7 is best for this feeling.
This, spent hours playing last night with mine for the first time it's transformed the game

Try telling that to someone who can't use one.

Hello everyone! After some months of lurking in the GT7 threads I decided to create an account. These are the answers to the questions in post 1:

By searching for a GT7 forum on Google

• Where are you from?
    I live with my wife and little kid in the Netherlands.

Did a lot of (video)games as a teenager. After almost 20 years of not playing videogames, I decided to buy a PS5 last November. Partly because I wanted to play GT7. I played GT4 on PS2 in the past (one of the last games I played before my hiatus).

Only with controller (motion sensor). Just have a tv + console in the living room. Don't want to commit a room to a full racing rig.

Apart from GT7 I only played Horizon zero dawn and Horizon forbidden west since I bought my PS5.

Up until now I mostly followed the GT7 daily races discussion thread. The first 3 months I only raced offline. Since about February or March I have PS Plus so I can race Sport mode against other humans. After about 100 races in total I am a (low) DR B driver. I'm looking forward to what else this online community has to offer.

Hello to everybody,

let me introduce myself:

How did you find GTPlanet?
I was looking for some place to post bugs on GT7, aunt G told me to have a look at gtplanet.net

Where are you from?
Chemnitz in Saxony in Germany

When did you start playing racing games?
If one can call Street Rod car racing that would be in 1990 else 1991 playing Test Drive III

Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel mounted on a Next Level Racing seat.

What other games do you enjoy?
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Final Fantasy (only the single player versions)
Adventure Games (Lucasgames and Sierra kind of)

What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
Support on getting rid of bugs and perhaps setup hints on hard races, maybe more to come…

Let’s have fun
Sebastian

Hi Im Danny and New here getting back into sim racing Look forward to interacting with forum. I found GTplanet through Google.

Im from Uk London, Bromley and Jamaica Married and have 3 boys well men now lol

Been Playing Grand Turismo From ps1 and never touched back till GT7.

Using a Logitech G29 Atm with a Modded Cell Brake Which I bought For GT Sport but never actually played it as looking after my Father who had Alzheimer's and passed away 2020 so looking to get back in now.

I also play battlefield sometimes and games like tomb raider etc

Want to learn and improve on racing games and be part of something

Thanks

Danny

Last edited:
Hi, everyone!
GTPlanet has provided useful info on some topics I was interested. Namely, GT5 Garage Editor & GT Auto car wash paradox. Also, I watched some videos on YT & finally decided to join.
I was born & hope to die peacefully in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Became fond of racing genre since Pole Position in mid-80s.
Started with keyboard, gradually came to Xbox-type gamepad & TM 150 Pro wheel.
I also play single-player FPS, 4x & grand strategies.
Hope this shrine would enlighten me on my path of knowing Gran Turismo world a little better)

I never had any PS console, just recently started to play GT games on DuckStation, PPSSPP, PCSX2 & RPCS3 emus. GT1 & 2 are too scary, GT3 is cute, GT4 is an instant crush, and GT5 is my current interest. Shame, not all the 1089 cars have a normal cockpit view, still the handling seems better than GT4. Also, Tourist Trophy is not too shabby, too)

Last edited:
View attachment 1359515
Absolutely love the Senna 2024 Monaco McLaren tribute livery

Hey ladies, just another girl gearhead here, putting in the laps to get better podium finishes in online racing competitions. Time to push push push!

Hi! Just a GT fan coming to you from land of the rising sun, and coming back to playing it again after so many years. Used to play GT5 a bunch back in highschool til my PS3 died. Never got the chance to finish it. Fast forward to now, a little older and looking a way to unwind, I bought myself a PS3 & a bunch of games, among them GT5 of course. Felt nice playing it again after all these years. Now I got some unfinished business with it so to speak: been meaning to finish the endurance races (a little harder to do it now as you get older). Never played with a steering wheel before. Ain't got room for it.

Other than that. I've played GT1 & 2. Will be playing 3 & 4 soon. Never had a PS2 and I always wanted to play them. I was gonna get 6 & 7 for the PS4, but the lack of endurance races put me off, but I could change my mind. Other than GT. I play the odd shooters or action stuff: the usual GTA, DOOM, Resident Evil and Postal.

I've been hearing about GT Planet recently when I heard there's a way to bring back online servers for GT5, so I thought I'd join in, and find a way to bring it back, and also reignite my love for the game while I'm at it.

Cheers!

Doom! Gosh, I remember when the original Doom was released and we used to connect 4 machines together on a Novel network to play it. The precursor to online play. It was sensational at the time.

Doom! Gosh, I remember when the original Doom was released and we used to connect 4 machines together on a Novel network to play it. The precursor to online play. It was sensational at the time.
When you think about it, it's amazing it's been 30 years since it 1st came out, and you can still run it on modern systems thanks to constant support, and modding has taken it to new, bloodier heights.

When you think about it, it's amazing it's been 30 years since it 1st came out, and you can still run it on modern systems thanks to constant support, and modding has taken it to new, bloodier heights.

The original Doom and Doom 2 look pretty basic now - still play well though. But I remember how it would scare the crap out of me sometimes when I'd run around a corner and hear a hell knight roar, with no idea where it is yet but I know it saw me 😆

Or those times when you'd press a tempting looking button and the room would go dark and you'd suddenly be surrounded by imps..

Good day GTplanet community.
My name is Zhokann and just recently got into GT7 which I find amazing.

How did you find GTPlanet? _ I was trying to figure out how to create my own decals and Liveries in GT7
  • Where are you from? - I am from South Africa, Pretoria
  • When did you start playing racing games? - always played games, and love playing them.. just recently decided to go more full into racing games/sims.
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? NO, still on controller
  • What other games do you enjoy? I enjoy a variety of games from 1st person shooters, RPG, SPG, sport games etc.
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? - At this stage just assistance in understanding GT7, like your tuning, setups and general racing.. and also be part of a community.
If there is any other questions, please feel free to ask.

• How did you find GTPlanet? By looking up updates for Gran Turismo
  • Where are you from? Miami, United States
  • When did you start playing racing games? When Gran Turismo 3 came out
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? Would like to
  • What other games do you enjoy? Call Of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Watch Dogs, Uncharted, FIFA, The Crew, Just Cause
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Gaining insights

•Looking for the list of GT1 and GT2 prize cars
•Buenos Aires, Argentina
•From 8 years old
•No, I play with a joystick
•Forza horizon 2, GTA, Need for speed, Automobilista, Flatout, Wreckfest, Star Wars The Force Unleashed, etc.
•talk about Gran Turismo

Hi everyone!!
I'm Italian and I found this site a few years ago while looking for some set-ups online while playing GT6.
I rediscovered it recently with GT7.

I think I started playing racing games with Gran Turismo 1 in '98!
I also tried TOCA, Colin McRae rally, Need for Speed, but now I only play GT7.

I play with the joystick, I know it's not the best but it's fun all the same!
Thanks for this great site!
Hey man, welcome to the GTplanet club! Enjoy your stay here.

Kind of a long-time lurker but I finally decided to join last month. I heard of this place through my Google news feeds whenever an update came around.

Been playing since GT2. Also have kind of dabbled in Need for Speed. I would consider myself just a casual gamer. Mostly Mortal Kombat, GTA and some Call of Duty.

I play controller. Id like to have a wheel but I don't have the cash and with my GF and I having three dogs and two cats - good luck

Originally from Philadelphia, now living in Houston.
USAF 1990 - 2012. Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
Just looking to chat with other people and have some fun.

Back