Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,813 comments
Kind of a long-time lurker but I finally decided to join last month. I heard of this place through my Google news feeds whenever an update came around.

Been playing since GT2. Also have kind of dabbled in Need for Speed. I would consider myself just a casual gamer. Mostly Mortal Kombat, GTA and some Call of Duty.

I play controller. Id like to have a wheel but I don't have the cash and with my GF and I having three dogs and two cats - good luck

Originally from Philadelphia, now living in Houston.
USAF 1990 - 2012. Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
Just looking to chat with other people and have some fun.
Welcome to GTP CommanderBond !!

I believe GTP to be the best Forum on Earth... i dont think there is any better and with such a wide spread of topic, with fun welcoming crowd... Jordan and the GTP team keep us all in our lines ! Being in the USAF, you should fit right in ;)

Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
I was told about the site through a friend to enhance my driving abilities.
Im from Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean.
I started SIM racing in 2017 with gt7 and I use a controller.
I also love fighting games especially Tekken .
Im looking forward to clean races, making new friends and having a wholesome experience.

Hello all, new user here ready to pit in.

How did you find GTPlanet?
Was browsing for info regarding liveries.

Where are you from?
I am from Sweden.

When did you start playing racing games?
In the 80s, first game i can remember was PitStop
on the Colecovision console.

Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
No I don't, but I sure want to.

What other games do you enjoy?
Different RPGs like Zelda, final fantasy and some mmorpgs, everquest, wow, FFXIV, lotro and so on, oh and I am a big Fallout fan to.

What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
Learn from the veterans and try to improve myself whether it be tuning, improving on cornering, racing in general or liveries.

I have already seen some insanely good looking liveries in here, I need to step up my game for sure.
😁

Yellow I play gran turismo 7, have a bunch of cars,china[dont ask about my name]I play with a fantec steering wheel,i want to learn tuning,I started playing racing games when i was 3,in the arcade.Play with ps5

Happy Good Day GIF by golden freckles

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm new to this group but not to Turismo, I've been playing since the first and my favorite is GT4. I am from NJ/NYC area. I have some tune setups to share, especially for the Hellcat Jeep. Let me know what you think :)

Last edited:

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

Hello everyone,
I'm from Italy
Always played racing (I'm 43) but only in the last 2-3 years more frequently
I play with pad (yes.. I know..)
Loving this game and I hope to find here some tips, cause I'm really bad :)

Bye

• How did you find GTPlanet? Looking for online racing groups
  • Where are you from? Galveston Texas
  • When did you start playing racing games? I have tried many racing games over the years but none have gotten me hooked. After watching the Gran Turismo movie i was inspired to give the game a try, even with only using my Controller i became quickly addicted to this game like no other. I am not sure exactly what they did but WOW I just can say enough about the game. I race carts and motocross currently in real life, this is ALMOST as fun.
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? Currently Play on a Logitech G923 Wheel & Pedals with GT Racing Seat. I would consider both entry level, however they took the game to the complete next level.
  • What other games do you enjoy? iRacing World of Outlaws, F1 2024.
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Finding a competitive group/league to take my racing experience to the next level and meet some good people to share the fun with.

• How did you find GTPlanet? Longtime lurker, from back in the pre-GT5 (?) release days?
  • Where are you from? Australia
  • When did you start playing racing games? Around 1989 with Enduro Racer on the Sega Master System :D
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? Logitech G920
  • What other games do you enjoy? Forza Motorsport & Horizon series, Assetto Corsa Competizione, the codies F1 series, Assassins Creed (Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla and now Mirage), Fallout 3&4, Skyrim, the Farcry series...
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Learning from others, sharing, maybe finding a multiplayer game of FM8.

Hi there...
Found site looking for track mods
I'm from Rep.of Ireland
Playing a few years now, dip in and out of ACC at times but prefer assetto Corsa.
Using G29 wheel and Fanatec pedals
I play a lot of RPG and also Killing Floor 2 for my go to for stress relief after a bad day.
I tried lots of cars but decided to stick with the V8 supercars, and race ai as I'm crap😁. Looking forward to getting some good track mods and some V8 racing..

Last edited:
How did you find GTPlanet? I knew if it being here from years ago. Finally decided to join.

Where are you from? I am from New Zealand

When did you start playing racing games? Probably in the very early 90s on the Sega master system. Grand Prix was the first game I played. Man, has game tech come a long way since then.

Do you play with a steering wheel? Mainly a controller gamer, but sometimes I break out the wheel. I have a basic Thrustmaster

What other games do you enjoy? I love TrackMania. Play it about as much as I play GT7. Also jam Diablo 3 and 4 a bit, and I love indie games of any genre.

What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Chatting with other racers about their gaming etc.

I found GTPlanet, looking for the Rouen circuit, and contacting the Author Luis. Thank You for creating This Forum, and Those who participate in It, I still have a lot to learn.🌞

• Where are you from?

Hi,
-internet
-Brazil
-yes. Fanatec DD pro
-cod

Back