Islam - What's your view on it?

• Thread starter SalmanBH
  • 5,766 comments
I do not know what that means.
Both parts were perfectly clear, but let me expand.

The first point highlighted that you are picking an absolutist series of positions, held by almost no-one, and attempting to assign them to a broad group of people. Doing so is a strawman logical fallacy.

The second was an observation/question based around the 'red pill' meme of people heading down a radicalist rabbit hole, in this case the rabid nationalism of Farage, et al. Which given you recent sources seems rather valid.

I already responded and said Islam.

Still not sure why you chose Jainism to compare it to out of all the world's religions.
And now religions that were founded by a single person, like Islam.

How many other founders preached as much violence and themselves took part in violence?

And now religions that were founded by a single person, like Islam.

How many other founders preached as much violence and themselves took part in violence?
Stop being absurdly simplistic (and I've seen this playbook before) and look at the totality of them.

Stop being absurdly simplistic (and I've seen this playbook before) and look at the totality of them.
Explain why it's absurd.

I'll explain my reasoning:

• Islam at the present moment is overrepresented in religious violence
  • Start by looking at the beginnings of the religions
  • Identify any aberrant factors

Which part is wrong here so far?

Last edited:
Explain why it's absurd.
Really!

So you think that (for example) Christianity can be based on just the purported actions of a single person, who may not have existed, didn't work alone. Who's actions were reported not by his contemporaries, but people who lived after he died. Writings that have been rewritten numerous times, hundreds of years after the events.

To be blunt, only one position is absurd here, and it's not mine. Ignoring the root of any religion, ignoring the actions taken since its foundation, and focusing just on a tiny part of it is the absurd position.

Last edited:

Oh dear.

That was poorer than expected, now how about you explain why you believe that focusing on just the founder, and not the totally of a religion is a valid way to assess it.

As right now you're following an all to familiar pattern.

Last edited:
Back