Islam - What's your view on it?

• Thread starter SalmanBH
  • 5,857 comments
Are you saying that because there are violent Christians = Islam isn't uniquely....more violent?
This doesn't disprove my point either:
You haven't proven a point objectively to be disproven, let's start with that, rather than the usual meme-fest and gish-gallop you indulge in.

You don't appear to have a point.
Is Islam a more violent ideology, more capable of inspiring violence, less agreeable with secularism and less amenable to reform (if so needed) than other religions?

Do you believe they (religions) exist on a spectrum or would e.g. Buddhism or Mormonism be classed as the same kind of harmful as Islam/Judaism/Christianity/etc?

Last edited:
Is Islam a more violent ideology, more capable of inspiring violence, less agreeable with secularism and less amenable to reform (if so needed) than other religions?

Do you believe they (religions) exist on a spectrum or would e.g. Buddhism or Mormonism be classed as the same kind of harmful as Islam/Judaism/Christianity/etc?
They're questions, not points.

They're questions, not points.
I believe the first, and that they exist on a spectrum. I've provided evidence for that. You showed me rednecks in Alabama.

Do you not find it a teeny bit funny that I've been called "Islamophobic", antisemitic....but not "Christophobic" ever?

For secularism, if you need more proof:

1729507457596.png

Last edited:
I believe the first, and that they exist on a spectrum.
That's a belief, not a point.
I've provided evidence for that. You showed me rednecks in Alabama.
Nope. To both.

You've cherry-picked the first, and my reply showing "rednecks in Alabama" was a response to @Imari.

Do you not find it a teeny bit funny that I've been called "Islamophobic", antisemitic....but not "Christophobic" ever?
Nope.
You're... proving secularism? With a random, uncited map of secularism?

Again, not seeing any points, just this nebulous blur of vague bad-faith word fapping.

Edit: Actually, more like word edging as there's no end-product.

Last edited:
I believe the first, and that they exist on a spectrum. I've provided evidence for that. You showed me rednecks in Alabama.

View attachment 1399269
Pretty dubious of a map showing The Islamic Republic of Iran as more secular than Turkey or Brazil

I believe the first

I think to go about making your belief that Islam is more violent than other religions persuasive, you need to limit your analysis to scripture - because the moment you try to use actual events and behavior as evidence you'll end up having to contend with the crusades, the spanish inquisition, the KKK, and similar behavior. For what it's worth, I think if you limit your analysis to scripture you're on pretty solid ground for Islam vs. Christianity. Less solid for Islam vs. Judaism. But then what exactly is the takeaway from that conclusion? I'm not sure.

Given the history of Christian and Jewish violence, as well as violence from other religious belief, it seems that religion is just a bad idea altogether. Sure, Islam does not appear to be a good one, but it's definitely not the only one that's violent.

Last edited:
I think to go about making your belief that Islam is more violent than other religions persuasive, you need to limit your analysis to scripture - because the moment you try to use actual events and behavior as evidence you'll end up having to contend with the crusades, the spanish inquisition, the KKK, and similar behavior. For what it's worth, I think if you limit your analysis to scripture you're on pretty solid ground for Islam vs. Christianity. Less solid for Islam vs. Judaism. But then what exactly is the takeaway from that conclusion? I'm not sure.

Given the history of Christian and Jewish violence, as well as violence from other religious belief, it seems that religion is just a bad idea altogether. Sure, Islam does not appear to be a good one, but it's definitely not the only one that's violent.
One of my standards for all religions remains that they have a secular level of clarity, regarding their practices and goals. The Abrahamic religions, for example, clearly have ample interpretational wiggle room in the teachings of their books, to be exploited for the justification of horrendous acts. I will not accept the existence of any religion that doesn't meet that clarity standard. My minimum expectation for any devotee of a religion that doesn't meet that standard is that they support the changes that would mean that their religion ultimately does meet it. In short, the Quran, the version of The Bible with the sequel, and the version without it, all need to be changed, for the sake of clarity (if those religions actually do have the positive intent they purport to).

* Sorry, Christians - having "the sequel" is not enough.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back