Japanese Classic Street Racing - Season Over - New Season Coming Soon!

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 575 comments
England
Norwich,Norfolk
GTP_DaxCobra
16 Racers In Evenly Matched Cars... Thrills and Spills... 5 Tight Circuits...
1 Winner​

5540577845_89207d72b1.jpg

jcsrlogo.png

Information:
The JC Street Racing Championship is where drivers come to battle it out in 80's and 90's Japanese Sports Cars. It's fast, action-packed and most importantly, fun. Our aim is to get right back to the roots on Gran Turismo, driving high performance vehicles in the streets and on the track. If you're tired of driving racing cars you've come to the right place.

Time and Date:
We will race on Saturdays at 5:20pm GMT.

How To Join:
Joining is simple. Put your PSN name down on this forum thread. Then, buy a car from the list below, change it's oil, Rebuild the Chassis and rebuild it's engine. No other modifications are allowed and the cars must run on Comfort Softs. After you have your car, tell us what it is so we can put it next to your name! If you have signed up for the races, please add 'Bakugekiki' and 'TeamLotus_Europa' on PSN to join the races!

Cars Allowed:
| Toyota Supra SZ-R '97 | Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited Super Charger '86 | Mitsubishi 3000GT SR (J) '98 | Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '99 | Mitsubishi 3000GT SL (J) '95 | Honda Civic Type R (EP,EU) '98 | Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97 | Honda CR-X SiR '90 | Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M (R32) '89 | Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90 | Nissan Silvia K's Dia Selection (S13) | Honda Prelude SiR S Spec '98 | Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC, J) '90 | Toyota Sprinter Trueno BZ-R '98 | Mitsubishi FTO GR | Toyota Celica GT-R (ST183, 4WS) '91 | Nissan 240SX '96 | Nissan Silvia K's (S13) '91 | Nissan Sileighty '98 | Mitsubishi 3000GT SL (J) '96 | Mitsubishi GTO SR '98 | FTO GPX '94 || Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M (R32) '91

The list above was drawn up after hours of testing. Cars were tested both on time trial and racing ability. While all cars tested were within 2 seconds per lap there may be slight discrepancies in performance, it is up to you to make the right choice based on power, handling and drive train. Please note that requests for vehicle tests will be declined.

Race Calender:

Race 1: Tsukuba - 25 Laps - Done
Race 2: Special Stage Route 5 - 16 Laps - Done
Race 3: Tokyo R246 - 14 Laps - Done
Race 4: Special Stage Route 7 / Change Weather - 3 Laps - Done
Race 5: Cote d'Azur

Rules of Racing:

Qualifying:

*We will have 15 minute long Qualifying sessions before the race.
* When coming in and out of the pits, make sure you stay within the white/yellow lines
* If you are on your outlap or a ruined lap, make sure you stay off the racing line so other racers do not suffer.
* No spinning, stopping on the track or crashing on purpose is allowed
* If you want to exit to tune your car or to spectate, make sure you pit before you exit. Don't just exit on the track.
* No hitting or blocking other drivers.

Racing:

* No collisions or blocking in excess on purpose are allowed.
*If you hit a driver and gain their position, let them regain their place.
* No stopping, spinning and doughnutting
* Race leaders should always be let through if you are being lapped. Stay off their line.
* Upon entering and leaving the pits, stay within the white lines.
* Pit stops ARE madnatory. You will have to pit atleast once in each race.
* Racers are allowed to file complaints against other drivers. Replays will be watched, and if the evidence is against the accused, he will be penalised in ways seen fit.
Bumper Drafting allowed on SSR7

Chat Rules:

* No Swearing
* No Cursing
* No innuendoes or rude jokes.
* No slang or text speech.

Drivers Leaderboard:
  1. Sumo098 - Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M (R32) '89 - 111 pts.
  2. xNikodemusx - Mitsubishi 3000GT SR (J) '98 - 92 pts.
  3. TeamLotus_Europa -Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M (R32) '91 - 41 pts.
  4. Bakugekiki - Mitsubishi FTO GPX '94 - 40 pts.
  5. GTP_MadMax86 - Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '99 - 27 pts.
  6. ID_racing - Toyota Supra SZ-R '98 - 27 pts.
  7. Nastradamus87 - - Supra SZ-R '98 - 22 pts.
  8. GTP_Marlboro - Mitsubishi 3000GT SR (J) '98 - 18 pts.
  9. crispychicken49 - Mitsubishi 3000GT SL (J) '95 - 10 pts.
  10. TeamLotus_Esprit - Supra SZ-R '98 - 10 pts.
  11. Leadpaint - Mitsubishi 3000GT SR (J) '98 - 10 pts.
    [*[Corbius - Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '99 - 8 pts.
  12. Miizzoo - Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M (R32) '89 - 8 pts.
  13. eldioni30 - Honda Prelude SiR S Spec '98 - 6 pts.
  14. TeamLotus_Seven - Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90 - 1 pts.

HortusIX -
TakumiFuji01 - Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90
Wardez - Nissan Sileighty '98
GT-Royal - Nissan Sileighty '98
Davezilla17 -
GTP_VanishingBoy -
xXHannibaalXx - Mazda RX-7 GT-X '90

banner.png

Last edited:
This is a great idea, I think Saturdays at what should be 7pm danish time could work for me. Ill let you know if I can participate as soon as possible.

Our feeling when creating this series is that we wanted to create something that was 'quintessentially Gran Turismo'. In any serious Gran Turismo enthusiast's garage you are bound to find some untouched Japanese classics, here we give you the opportunity to take them out and give them the use that they deserve. We're not asking you to buy any extra parts, simply service and join! Custom aero parts are also banned, but in all seriousness they don't do a thing and ruin the look of the car.

All cars are between 370 and 420PP after oil change and engine rebuild, this may be subject to engine usage.

might be able to make this one...

PSN: HortusIX

question:
No other modifications are allowed and the cars must run on Comfort Softs
- by this you mean aftermarket add-ons or tuning or both? it's unclear in the OP.

might be able to make this one...

PSN: HortusIX

question: - by this you mean aftermarket add-ons or tuning or both? it's unclear in the OP.

Both. No Aftermarket Add-ons = No tuning anyway... Cant tune a car without the customisable shizz.

Hope you can make it! :)

This sounds like fun. But one question. How will you control the addition of parts that do not add to the PP? :)

This sounds like fun. But one question. How will you control the addition of parts that do not add to the PP? :)

We can't but we have tested every single car on the list and we still have them, so we will know if someone has too much HP/Too little weight

Oh I see what you mean. Like Rigidity etc... Well we will just have to trust people!

We will be able to see Aero parts etc, but Rigidity is going to be hard to control...

Both. No Aftermarket Add-ons = No tuning anyway... Cant tune a car without the customisable shizz.

Hope you can make it! :)

it's possible to tune the brake balance i believe and also the ballast and power limiter...all of these elements come as stock

this is why i asked the question in the first place.

how will this restriction be policed?

Hmm. Well, we can always do this...

...Top 3 cars send their car in for checking.

It would be great if PD would put in a check box for "stock cars" in the future. This would remove any chance of aftermarket parts. Anyway, count me in for this series. As for my car, not sure yet.I'm still watching the car lot..lol. Also, can one use different cars for each race, or the same car for all races?

PSN: Leadpaint

Hmm. Well, we can always do this...

...Top 3 cars send their car in for checking.

I guess series like Spec Miata, were also relying on being able to trust the participants.
If people begin to speculate in adding "invincible" parts, this is a satisfactory but timeconsuming solution for all involved.

Id like to believe that all racers joining in, plays fair.

the top three might, on occasion, include both of the organisers, so this idea is flawed as a concept...of course, we all want to trust whoever it is who is doing the examining, but this isn't the solution, i feel. if any car checks are to be made they should be made by somebody who is a trusted third party with no personal involvements with the competitors or the competition itself.

alternatively -and perhaps common sensically, too - just make allowances for the undetectable tuning mods and set the PP and tyre restrictions like they're doing in the upcoming Euro GT500 Championship...this almost guarantees fairness in terms of car performance where power is concnerned... even if it does mean that the 'tunerati' will have an advantage when it comes to car set-up

We can do the top 3 excluding me and Bakugekiki. We want to keep the cars completely stock, we are not allowing any mods.

Back