Joey's Cooper Thread; Suspension Thoughts

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 709 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good call. You should go find some hills And take it out for a drive there. I'm sure that would be a blast. A pretty good weekend activity.

But I would bet that with the amount you are driving the car you aren't saving much money over the Blazer right now.

Well I put 321 miles on the car before my first fill up, the Blazer only did about 245-255. And even with using premium fuel it still only cost me $32 to fill it up where as the Blazer was typically $50+

Well I put 321 miles on the car before my first fill up, the Blazer only did about 245-255. And even with using premium fuel it still only cost me $32 to fill it up where as the Blazer was typically $50+

That is actually pretty impressive. $32 to fill with that many miles really doesn't seem like that much. I do remember the days when you could fill a 16 gallon tank with about $20 but given todays prices, $32 seems very reasonable. So basically, you are paying a dime a mile?

The more you drive the car and break it in the better mileage you'll get I bet. Id expect 30 for your Cooper

R.I.P Blazer. :'(

God I loved that.

The MINI is nice, but it'll take time before I warm to something that would replace the most awesome SUV on the planet.

R.I.P Blazer. :'(

God I loved that.

The MINI is nice, but it'll take time before I warm to something that would replace the most awesome SUV on the planet.

:odd:

A certain someone wants to talk to you:

2007-jeep-wrangler-4drs.jpg

Thanks, the Blazer was quite good and I do miss it but I love the Cooper too. I wish there would have been a way to keep both.

Wow I forgot about that picture, my truck actually did look good back then before it started to hit stuff as well as be hit by stuff.

And just to show this is my car and I'm not making it up I give you some photographic evidence. You'll just have accept the fact we do not have any mashed potatoes in the house and won't have any till after Thanksgiving.

PB190336.jpg

PB190335.jpg

PB190334.jpg

Congrats Joey. Really love the colour. I bet it looks awesome after a wash. Give the body a good wax if you havent done so already.
Those foglights look great, really add to the retro look, the car looks like its got bags of character...

I still hate our new Michigan plates... Please tell me you did something custom?

"GTPLNT" would have been great, thanks!

I still hate our new Michigan plates... Please tell me you did something custom?

Those blue things? I must say that the first time I saw one and noticed it in Seattle I was utterly disappointed. I must say that the one on the Jetta is pretty slick though. And he will be doing the UK plate custom.

Congrats Joey. Really love the colour. I bet it looks awesome after a wash. Give the body a good wax if you havent done so already.
Those foglights look great, really add to the retro look, the car looks like its got bags of character...

Thanks 👍, the car really does have a lot of character. Driving to work this afternoon I noticed how many people were checking out the car. I've also gotten quite a few compliments while in parking lots.

I think I'm going to get two more rally light for it to make it a little more retro.

I just transferred the plate from the Blazer, I need to come up with something. I wanted BLDY EL but the SOS said no to that.

Those blue things? I must say that the first time I saw one and noticed it in Seattle I was utterly disappointed. I must say that the one on the Jetta is pretty slick though. And he will be doing the UK plate custom.

The blue ones are no more, but January 1st there shouldn't be a car with them.

The blue ones are no more, but January 1st there shouldn't be a car with them.

Looks like they still have a ways to go. Unless they are changing them as tabs expire. Are they all being switched to those green ones that are pretty cool?

Looks like they still have a ways to go. Unless they are changing them as tabs expire. Are they all being switched to those green ones that are pretty cool?

They mail you a new plate when you renew your tabs, I just don't think are putting them on. But you will get pulled over and fined January 1 if you are still running a blue plate.

You either get a white one like I have or for $15 extra you can get the green one like YSS has. There are also college ones and other organisations you can get on a white plate.

They mail you a new plate when you renew your tabs, I just don't think are putting them on. But you will get pulled over and fined January 1 if you are still running a blue plate.

You either get a white one like I have or for $15 extra you can get the green one like YSS has. There are also college ones and other organisations you can get on a white plate.

So are the white plates the ones you have on your car? Those are the ones I'm seeing everywhere.... Those are the ones I thought were pretty boring for a new plate.

I assume the UK one will make up for that though:tup:.

Those are the ones I'm seeing everywhere.... Those are the ones I thought were pretty boring for a new plate.

Well, they're forcing everyone to get a new plate when they have to renew with the exception of the "vintage" ones and those that have the bridge or car background. So, without a doubt, "old blue" should be gone within the next few months.

Everyone, honestly, is just lazy and picks the white/blue plate and takes whatever number they give them. Right now it looks like they're just going through the letters, "BHM7432" or something silly like that. Its really boring, unattractive, and throws away a lot of history for the State. I hate it...

Well, they're forcing everyone to get a new plate when they have to renew with the exception of the "vintage" ones and those that have the bridge or car background. So, without a doubt, "old blue" should be gone within the next few months.

This is an interesting process. I've never been through such a thing before. I never really noticed the blue ones though.

Everyone, honestly, is just lazy and picks the white/blue plate and takes whatever number they give them. Right now it looks like they're just going through the letters, "BHM7432" or something silly like that. Its really boring, unattractive, and throws away a lot of history for the State. I hate it...

It seems that there is a lot of stuff that could go on plates that doesn't. Washington plates could be littered with Mt. Ranier (already there), totem poles, the Space needle, apples, airplanes and a ton of other miscellaneous stuff. Michigan probably has some stuff too.

Back to the mini....

So I took the car in for service today, the dealer scratched the bumper while putting my driving lights on. Since they are going to have it for a couple of days I got a loaner car, and let me just say I think I would rather walk.

PB200352.jpg

This is what I got, an 07 Chili Red convertible. Now this car has the two worst things to ever be put on a vehicle...a convertible top and a CVT. I was hoping to get a 3-series but when I showed up there were only two cars left in the loaner bin, this one and a baby blue hardtop with a white roof and white stripes. I just said give me whatever and I end up with this thing.

The R50 and R53's had a CVT if you bought an auto. You can still buy the R53 convertible as an 07 model which is rather odd to me since the car is out of date. It's got an Autostick thing but it works pretty poorly. I miss Keira...yes I named my car.

Oooh, congrats! It looks purrdy 👍

So I took the car in for service today, the dealer scratched the bumper while putting my driving lights on. Since they are going to have it for a couple of days I got a loaner car, and let me just say I think I would rather walk.

PB200352.jpg

This is what I got, an 07 Chili Red convertible. Now this car has the two worst things to ever be put on a vehicle...a convertible top and a CVT. I was hoping to get a 3-series but when I showed up there were only two cars left in the loaner bin, this one and a baby blue hardtop with a white roof and white stripes. I just said give me whatever and I end up with this thing.

I bet you've never looked manlier either :dopey:

Well I've traded with my mom, she's going to be driving the Cooper until I get mine back and I'll be in her Pacifica. I don't know what is worse though.

No teckademics sticker, and yes it's after Keira Knightly...it's small and British.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back