JrDarknes 240sx

• Thread starter JrDarknes
  • 331 comments
I agree to an extent, but I don't at all think suspension work is overrated. Sure, you shouldn't ever blame your car or depend on your suspension to make the car do what you want it to do, but a nice set of coilovers (no point to bother with struts/springs on a 240. They have about 6 inches of wheel gap factory and no amount of strut/springs can fix that horrible look) does wonders for the stability and driveability of a 240sx.

I don't either, but starting out... It's $600+ for coilovers and that buys a lot of track time.

My suggestion is, in this order:

LSD
Coilovers
Racing seat/steering wheel
Everything else. Power mods, wheels, ect.

Yes. Give or take an exhaust earlier than hitting "everything else".

Snow tires will do far more for you in the snow than the LSD will, but yes it helps. If you've ever seen a car stuck in the snow, trying to get out and just keeps spinning one of the wheels, open diff is why. But the best lsd in the world won't help you if your tires simply cannot grip in the snow.

Words taken from my mouth.

Also, winter is coming. Save up for and LSD and some snow tires, have fun with it as it sits otherwise through winter, figure out what you're going to do from there in spring.

Snow is nice. Car dynamics don't really change, everything just happens slower.

A welded diff is a different story though.

I wouldn't suggest one if the car is going to see any street duty. At all. Unless you like that sort of thing. :scared:

Now that you mentioned winter, I would also say get an LSD and snow tires, drive it 4x4 throughout winter and save money, then lower it when it starts to warm up next year.

My car is not 4x4 status, it's on lowering springs, and it's not stock so whats your point.
How much have you lowered it?

3. Spray paint where? On My stockers? I run 18x9 Rotas regularly in the summer, so I'm alot more flush than you are.
You say you care about what wheels are on a car, yet most people hate Rotas. Also, saying your car is more flush is a dumb thing to say. PB's car is like perfectly flush. Also kind of a ricer quote.

I can care less about this car, it's not a drift car you idiot.
It's guaranteed I can build a better car than you can x100.
Doubt it. Another total ricer quote.

So if he dosent find a job to support his car in 2 years, then he's doing it wrong.
That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

My car isnt stock and it isnt 4x4.
Unless your frame bangin, dont throw that 4x4 insult at me
Again, PB's car is like perfectly flush.

Also, you don't need coils to drift. Or wheels. Or a body kit. I know a guy that drifts a completely stock 240 and he really isn't that bad at all.

And a KA-T is not nearly as bad as you make it sound.

Now, on topic, that paint job looks really good.

Not much based on the pics. It can still stick the front bumper over most curbs.

You say you care about what wheels are on a car, yet most people hate Rotas. Also, saying your car is more flush is a dumb thing to say. PB's car is like perfectly flush. Also kind of a ricer quote.

He was arguing with me, and he's right. His car probably is more flush than mine (given both of mine are stock on stock wheels because they don't bother me anyway) when he's got the ROTA LOLs on it. My car can actually get through Detroit without bending a rim, fair trade off?

Doubt it.

+1. Give me a few grand and I'll show you an 11-second Thunderbird. With a full interior. That idles perfect, gets 20+ MPG (highway at least, city will be high teens no matter what I do), and maybe it'll even have decent paint.

Also, you don't need coils to drift. Or wheels. Or a body kit. I know a guy that drifts a completely stock 240 and he really isn't that bad at all.

Anything can go sideways. More mods mean yes, you can go more sideways, faster, but it doesn't change the fact that everyone who's ever had a RWD car in the history of ever with any interest in cars at all has been intentionally sideways many, many times. :lol:

Not nearly. SRs are "easier" in that you can bolt an SR in, bolt mods on, and generally still not worry about how it holds up up to at least 300rwhp. However, a properly built KA will cost less than an SR if you can do the build yourself (a lot less, in fact) and make just as much power.

It really does in the pictures. Then again, it's also fresh and in pictures. It's a bit difficult to see most paint imperfections (unless they're positively glaring) in pictures.

However, it's certainly one hell of an improvement over primer.

Doubt it. Another total ricer quote.

That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Again, PB's car is like perfectly flush.

1. 2 inches all around. little to no gap with stock wheels.

2. Ive seen PBs car, but that wasnt a response to him, but to Rotary Junkie...How is a car being flush Ricer?

3. How is that a ricer quote? You have bad taste if you think BN aero is RICE.

4. So one is expected to buy a car, and not have a way to pay insurance, or gas? And if he plans on drifting it, he's expected not to have money to buy tires, replace oil, coolant, or make it look nice? Yeah I gave him 2 years to get a job. He's 17 now, that gives him until 19 to find a job. I'm sorry but how is that dumb?

5. You dont need those things, but it helps.
Maybe I have a different style Im into. I think drift cars are supposed to be wild. Maybe thats Midwest style, maybe I watch Grip Gambler/Risky Devil/Breaking build threads too closely. I just think a drift car looks good when slammed, with nice looking wheels, and good aero...

This 240 is stock motor wise, and it dosent look like ****.
7299684486_404f0e70b1_c.jpg

And I think drift cars should look like this

7299702402_1cbab5d118_c.jpg

7299703242_e7afecba72_c.jpg

BreaKING's RX7 and general color coordination is amazing
Blue with Neon wheels

Perfect drift cars, and if you call them RICE you have no taste

7299684486_404f0e70b1_c.jpg

7299689756_155fb2eb1c_c.jpg

7299695070_c883b991a9_c.jpg

7299697960_b9eacd66e5_c.jpg

Illia's yellow FC is also known as the most rad FC in the states.
Just sayin

And why do you keep saying PB?
I wasnt talking to PB, His car is rad.
I was talking to Rotary...

+&Rotary give me 11 grand and I'll show you an SR20 swapped S14a with full BN Aero and Work Equips.
Taste is unique to each person, and I shouldnt have said that.

You attacked me first BTW when I was giving an opinion.
What my car had to do with it is beyond me.

+Also, my car could be slammed and the front bumper would still fit above most curbs, ES300s have high bumpers....

IMG_20120927_092003.jpg

Last edited:
1. 2 inches all around. little to no gap with stock wheels.

Shocks gone in 5... 4... Wait you don't care anyway.

3. How is that a ricer quote? You have bad taste if you think BN aero is RICE.

You have bad taste if you think a car MUST have a body kit to look good.

4. So one is expected to buy a car, and not have a way to pay insurance, or gas? And if he plans on drifting it, he's expected not to have money to buy tires, replace oil, coolant, or make it look nice? Yeah I gave him 2 years to get a job. He's 17 now, that gives him until 19 to find a job. I'm sorry but how is that dumb?

In this economy, it really is pretty dumb. I don't have a job right now, and it's a big part of why my daily is stock and my project is nowhere near done. Guess what? I'm 19. Insurance is hitting for $150/month, gas is hitting for $60/month @ 22-25mpg (hurray for not driving a whole hell of a lot).

You went into this acting like he will crash it a bunch of times until he learns how to drift, and that's a very stupid way of thinking.

5. You dont need those things, but it helps.
Maybe I have a different style Im into. I think drift cars are supposed to be wild. Maybe thats Midwest style, maybe I watch Grip Gambler/Risky Devil/Breaking build threads too closely. I just think a drift car looks good when slammed, with nice looking wheels, and good aero...

Midwest style?

*insert Camstangbird with 255-275/40-45R17s up front, 275-325/40-45R17s out back*

This 240 is stock motor wise, and it dosent look like ****.

No, it looks like a car that's been ragged to death several times over.

Illia's yellow FC is also known as the most rad FC in the states.
Just sayin

It looks like what it is. An FC that's intentionally been beaten to death and is intentionally waaaaaaaaay too low. I consider the owner awesome for doing it because of how few ****s he gives but at the same time... It's stupid.

+&Rotary give me 11 grand and I'll show you an SR20 swapped S14a with full BN Aero and Work Equips.
Taste is unique to each person, and I shouldnt have said that.

So a car with a swap that's been done a billion times + was offered in other countries and some bolt-ons.

For that money... I love American cars, they let me cheat in these hypotheticals because nothing costs anything. Most expensive part of anything I'd do would be the turbos. :lol: Or, really, if I was playing with 11 grand... I'd have it sitting on polished HRE 590RSs with a decent drop (2 finger gap Because Streetcar) because I'd run out of other things to blow it on. :lol:

You attacked me first BTW when I was giving an opinion.
What my car had to do with it is beyond me.

The fact you act like IT HAS TO BE LOW, IT HAS TO BE KITTED when... Well...

Your car is neither.

+Also, my car could be slammed and the front bumper would still fit above most curbs, ES300s have high bumpers....

Yeah but remember your rule number 2. There's actually a gold ES300 in my area that's both lower than your car and kitted. Isn't my style but still. Detroit goes harder than you. :lol:

Dat missing lug nut + stud. When you gonna fix it?

Last edited:
It's a slammed FC with great aero.
+drifted regularly. Alot radder than a car with no motorsports history, with perfect aero.

Point me towards some slick aero for my car, thats not horrible or heavy.
Dosent exist. They make no aero for my car, and my car is not slammed, but it's not 4x4 either.

Im gonna fix it when I sell my wheels.

+Also, I said a drift car should be low and flashy.
My car is a FWD sedan
Give me 2 years, Ill show you what a real dorifto car looks like

No, it looks like a car that's been ragged to death several times over.
Not taking sides or anything, but just saying that white 240sx is not in any way ragged out or beaten to death. That car was completely stock probably less than a year ago and I'm pretty sure it's never been wrecked or anything like that, at least not since it's been a drift car. The body isn't beat up or anything, the kit isn't falling apart. It's actually pretty nice.

Either way this isn't the thread for cooldriftcar vs fastgripcar discussions. Most drift car aero, even if it looks good, completely falls under the category of "rice" in the sense that it does NOTHING for the car's performance, but on the other hand, an 11 second Thunderbird is something I've NEVER had any kind of desire for, that sounds like a complete turd. Everyone has a different opinion, don't ruin this guy's thread.

Indeed.
Anyways, Jr. I'm not sure how far Indy is from me, but you should def check out some drift days.

You missed Automass Rd.2, you should check out USAIR they have a rad track to drift, or A guy I know on another forum has the hookup for 20 dollar drift days on an oval track. best way to learn.

Indeed.
Anyways, Jr. I'm not sure how far Indy is from me, but you should def check out some drift days.

You missed Automass Rd.2, you should check out USAIR they have a rad track to drift, or A guy I know on another forum has the hookup for 20 dollar drift days on an oval track. best way to learn.

How was Automass? I missed it. Heard a Cressida ruined it though.

Sorry if I seemed to call you out. The cars aren't ricey, just some things you said were immature IMO.

I love Breaking. Their Trueno coupe is awesome.

Also, my bad with the names. I thought you were talking to PB, not Rotary Junkie.

Last edited:
I missed it too, but Yeah, Keith ripped it, his Tandem with Stuntman was amazing I heard.
Here's a bad pic, but just look how close they got
IMG_20120923_161441_zpsece03d7e.jpg

Risky Devil;s Josh killed it too, amazing how he rips the car yet it still looks better than 99% of 240s in America

I plan on finding a under 1500 FC or 240 this winter though, hopefully I'll drive the next automass in the beginners group

+Also, if you plan on drifting OP, it would help if you raid your local Just Tires, or tire shop for the tires they throw out.
Yes, find something that fits and burn it up.
Also, for a beginner, it will be best to run really high PSI, like 40-50 for the rears. Do not run low PSI, it will be harder as a newb

Every since the death of My first car. I had to find another one. I was so depressed. I couldn't stop crying.... All that hard worked put into it was gone. Can't believe a A-Pillar costs so much to fix.
2z9a45x.jpg

I kept looking for Four Cars, Mr2(SW),Rx7 (FC),Supra (JZA70), 240sx (s13). Kept looking on craigslist everyday. If I didnt find one in a month I was just going to go to the auction and just get me a regular car. Then I finally saw one that caught my eye. It was a 240sx. He wanted 1500 for it. My mom said I coudn't go over 1200. So I was hoping I could talk him down. I asked him if we could see it tomorrow morning and he said ok. He was waiting for us to arrive. As we arrive he lets me ride with him to see how the car drives. When we first get in the car we start to cruise away from my mom so we can actually kinda push the car a little harder.Later I tell him I used to own a 240sx, he says " Yea I know! I remember seeing you at the bank with your 240sx, why are you looking for another one!?!". I tell him about the accident and show him the pictures.

After the ride, I didn't even convince him to lower the price. He just asked for $900. It really meant alot when he did that because he knew how much my previous car meant to me.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Alumnium Nismo Shift Knob, Was suppose to go to my old car... Just installed it in this one also with a new boot with it.
316vtqt.jpg

5brclf.jpg

It has a dent, Im pretty sure I can chage the fender if I can buy my old car back or just ask maaco for a estimate.
Needs a Exhaust, Just ordered one yesterday
Windshield Wiper motor dosent work, Just ordered one yesterday
Needs Sunroof Glass
Needs Brake Slave (something forgot what its called)

Also it has a rough IDLE! Is it because it needs new spark plugs or what?

Last edited:
Glad to see that you were able to get another 240SX, though rather sad that your first one was crushed by that semi. Hopefully things turn out well! Good luck! 👍

NISM0_SKYLINE
Hey! My 240 has a dent on the same fender and same place, just a little lower.

December time it will be gone. CAN'T STAND LOOKING AT IT. 1200 for it to be painted and fix dent and other stuff

NissanSkylineN1
What happened to your old 240SX?
Semi truck didn't see me. Apparently its my fault to because I had enough time to honk or avoid it. So I'm freaking pissed I'm not getting any money til after therapy since were both at fault.

My lawyer better handle this problem

oopssorryy
A hungry simi truck.

I like how you put that

MedigoFlame
Glad to see that you were able to get another 240SX, though rather sad that your first one was crushed by that semi. Hopefully things turn out well! Good luck! 👍

Thanks a lot. Shredded too many tears that day

Just wanted to update before it gets painted and dents get fixed = $1200

When I first got the car it had no exhaust and it was just sounding terrible. So I looked up online and got me a catback exhaust (or what you guys call "fart cannons"). Went to Car-X and got it installed for $80.

image.jpeg

Being super close to my paintjob I decided to buy a sunroof but noticed each time I bought one it was too small or too big. Drove dozens of places and they said "I'm sorry but we dont do sunroofs". So now im driving with cardboard as my sunroof full of tape so water dosent leak. I did have a bigger sunroof on top of my roof taped up but it flew off on the highway.

Well out of know where I hear this noise. You hear something grinding. I jack my car up and notice my caliper stops working so the brake pads,well the pads were gone so metal to metal was basically colliding everytime I drove. So I freaking have to spend 100$ for another caliper then spend another 100 to get it fixed. I would try to fix it my self with my dad but it was just too cold..
33js18k.png

Now I'm getting super close to my paintjob and my dents being fixed. Finally I'm only 100$ away. Then out of no where. I start my car and it has this really bad idle. Everytime I would stop it would cut off. So I try to check my fuel injectors but I had a hard time taking them off. So I go to Car-X and this guy checks them and he says its my first one. Well he does something with it and it only helps a little. So then He checks the distributor cap and immediatly it solves the problem costing me a total of $307....

image.jpeg

I recently just bought a sunroof kit bigger than my roof. Im just gonna make them cut my roof bigger so it can fit for just a small cost.

I've been mostly making money on ebay selling stuff that I dont need. Just recently sold a pair of z rated tires and trying to sell my rear ones since my old car is gone and never really got to put them on.... If I still dont have it painted. Most likely I'ma have to sell my shoe collection =|.

Last edited:
It was the distributor? My 240 was doing the same thing, then the injectors were cleaned and now it is fine.

Don't let the setbacks stop you from doing what you want to do with the car. I too am having setbacks with mine, but reading other build threads on Zilvia and stuff keep me motivated.

My Sunroof is crap too. Doesn't close properly. Wobbles over 50mph and it's super annoying. I find it odd that you haven't found one that will fit yet.

It was the distributor? My 240 was doing the same thing, then the injectors were cleaned and now it is fine.

Don't let the setbacks stop you from doing what you want to do with the car. I too am having setbacks with mine, but reading other build threads on Zilvia and stuff keep me motivated.

My Sunroof is crap too. Doesn't close properly. Wobbles over 50mph and it's super annoying. I find it odd that you haven't found one that will fit yet.

Yea If I didn't read those on Zilvia I swear I would of gave up.

I've ordered 3 and had to send all three back.... I want to weld it but it would cost more and plus I would miss one of my favorite parts of the car.

Back from the Maaco Paint Job. Dents were removed also.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

-Is their away to make my exhaust look shiny again?
- Once April 29th hits, most likely I wont update this til August because I will be saving my money for a Sr20det by the mean time, Unless I sell more shoes from my collection.

Last edited:
JrDarknes
Watch both in HD for better quality, Will probably upload pictures later. They a very good job only costing 1200. Others were charging 2-3K

BEFORE
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkhLaHW25v4">YouTube Link</a>

AFTER
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7thYutaICc">YouTube Link</a>]

Paint Job and Repairs = 1200
Sunroof Installation = 400

-Is their away to make my exhaust look shiny again?
- Once April 29th hits, most likely I wont update this til August because I will be saving my money for a Sr20det by the mean time, Unless I sell more shoes from my collection.

Nice 240. Looks good. I do like the color you chose.

For your question about the exhaust. Is it chrome?

Car is looking very nice. If you want your exhaust to shine do what I did, use some 180 grit to get rid of tough dirt and other stains, then you can go to something finer like 600 so you have to polish less and then you can get some metal polish and either use a polisher if you have one or one of those cone add ons for drills and use that.

Nice 240. Looks good. I do like the color you chose.

For your question about the exhaust. Is it chrome?

Yea

Car is looking very nice. If you want your exhaust to shine do what I did, use some 180 grit to get rid of tough dirt and other stains, then you can go to something finer like 600 so you have to polish less and then you can get some metal polish and either use a polisher if you have one or one of those cone add ons for drills and use that.

I'm sorry but I don't know what 180 grit is. Can you give me a link?

Looking pretty good, at least you got a decent paint job out of it. My friend hasn't even bothered to paint his S13 coupe. :lol: But then again he's turning his into a drift missle.

Back