Just got back from the UK and my F1 2011 preview!F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter wills2084
  • 43 comments
E3 is from June 6-9 I think. But those are probably press conference, live demo and after that all games demos will be allowed to be played by public who are visiting the event. Game sites should have info in 2nd week may be. Release date and gameplay videos, features will be shown for sure

Well there are allready a few previews online
-Safety car might be in
-24 cars online - 16 Players and 8 AI
-Improved handling - correcting oversteer is now possible and the braking distances have been corrected
-Improved damage model (more sensitive)
-If you DNF a race online you can now watch the race through various cameras (onboard included)
- player controls the car completly until he reaches the pit stop limiter line (you can now crash in the pit entry)
- New improved engineer (with more usefull info)
- Flat spots and visible tire degradation
- Improved dynamic weather (now with dynamic clouds and diferent conditions in diferent parts of the track)
-Day night transition on some tracks
- Mecanical failures (blown engines - missing gear changes from incorrect wear - etc)
amongst other things I cant recal now

"Flat spots and visible tire degradation
- Improved dynamic weather (now with dynamic clouds and diferent conditions in diferent parts of the track)
-Day night transition on some tracks
- Mecanical failures (blown engines - missing gear changes from incorrect wear - etc)
amongst other things I cant recal now
"

ahhhh yes i love all this :)

Sounds good 👍

I would love to see 'Salut Gilles' on the start finish line at Montreal's Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, as it is in real life (shown on Grand Prix tv coverage)

picture.php

Is there anything mentioned about the damage? In F1 2010 you could crash into someone and not obtain any damage whatsoever, when the same crash in real life probably would have knocked a wheel off.

Yeah pretty much everything I got from it has been mentioned in the previews. I don't frequent this forum as much as I should but if you have a specific question about something I'll do my best to answer if I know.

One thing I read from t4rg4's twitter just the other day was that the ai on the hardest level will be 2 seconds quicker then they were in 2010

Last edited:
I have a question.
In 2010 I find that the wet tyre is faster than the intermediate no matter how wet the track is. Has this been fixed?

Would like to know about the FPS. FPS is killing racing games for me, GT5 is running at 30 or thereabouts but I guess there's nothing they can do about that, it's slow as hell though, but F1 2010 is a diet coke compared to GT5, it should not be impossible to up the fps from 2010.
Namco came close to getting ridge racer 4 to 50fps on PS1 but eventually cancelled and stuck with 30, so higher fps is no fairytale.
I used to play an abandoned game called Live for Speed, which ran at up to 120 fps from memory, and although the graphics were not quite GT it looked and felt more realistic because of the FPS.

On a side note, I read Disney are working on some crazy tech that tricks your body into feeling motion (or some crap like that) when you are sitting still, I am hoping this will develop well, as of course this means feeling imaginary G Force, which would work wonders with an F1 game. I don't expect it on the shelf anytime soon though lol, maybe 2017.

Based on what I've read about it, the new F1 2011 seems very positive with a better car feel. Hopefully they have decent force feedback, thats what really makes GT5 fun. If they have FF, then I may step aside and do an F1 2011 online championship. We;ll have to see when it comes out. 2010 was negative & lazy with the driving 'physics' they had. Hopefully this 2011 game is an honest effort at a driving sim.

It would be nice to see the new Russian circuit, and the Austin circuit although I doubt they'll have it.

It would be nice to see the new Russian circuit, and the Austin circuit although I doubt they'll have it.

It is based on the 2011 season. Austin isn't until next season. As for Russia? It'll debut in 2014 or 2015. Why on earth would you expect any of these circuits to be in the game? As for the Russian circuit, no plans have been made available to the public. We don't know exactly where it will be and we haven't even seen a basic layout. Either you didn't know this, or you expect too much from a game based on the 2011 season.

Would like to know about the FPS. FPS is killing racing games for me, GT5 is running at 30 or thereabouts but I guess there's nothing they can do about that, it's slow as hell though, but F1 2010 is a diet coke compared to GT5, it should not be impossible to up the fps from 2010.
Namco came close to getting ridge racer 4 to 50fps on PS1 but eventually cancelled and stuck with 30, so higher fps is no fairytale.
I used to play an abandoned game called Live for Speed, which ran at up to 120 fps from memory, and although the graphics were not quite GT it looked and felt more realistic because of the FPS.

On a side note, I read Disney are working on some crazy tech that tricks your body into feeling motion (or some crap like that) when you are sitting still, I am hoping this will develop well, as of course this means feeling imaginary G Force, which would work wonders with an F1 game. I don't expect it on the shelf anytime soon though lol, maybe 2017.

GT5 runs close to / at 60FPS and F1 2010 around / at 30FPS on the PS3. However F1 2010 is also available on PC which means you could run it over 60FPS if you have a good graphics card.

Back