La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

A most unexpected joy and surprise, I shall call this "the mouse that roared "
With all the extras and slight tinkering on the gears, this little Toyota came in P1 at the end of six laps. Will post my setup tomorrow.
190801978cf75-10177746eba4528e4c85207fe61d0c8b37c22f9e-999_message_440349743785836_1720116186663.jpg
1908019a30d85-10177746eba4528e4c85207fe61d0c8b37c22f9e-999_message_440349748271106_1720116204184.jpg

Still here also! But since they announced the change in physics I see no point in playing. I guess I will be back after the update. Until then I'm fighting hordes of Mongoles to save Tsushima🙂

New to GT7 (1 week in) and this thread... only read the 1st post and the last 3 pages.
Man, you guys are experimenting with some crazy car builds! Love it.
Really enjoying this race, but I'm pretty boring using the Ferrari 458 Gr.4 car with transmission tune...
After a few wins it turned out to be a little too stressful for me, so I added the high rpm turbo in hopes it would not mess up mid corner & corner exit. Yay, that worked out.
Start on RM tires and FM.1 and pin it until in the lead, then dial up FM.6 (and TC.1, 'cause, I can get excited and spin/slide exiting a corner).
Run until it starts raining/water-meter-thing registers, and if no blue in the rain map stick to RM tires... if blue in the map swap to inter's... if yellow in the map grab the Wet's.
Sometimes I run a little over 30 min's (rain tires not required), sometimes I sit at the finish line and wait it out (when rain tires used).
Having a lot of fun... and the ability to make $825k per race (~30-ish min's) at only a week-in is amazing!

Take care.

Last edited:
New to GT7 (1 week in) and this thread... only read the 1st post and the last 3 pages.
Man, you guys are experimenting with some crazy car builds! Love it.
Really enjoying this race, but I'm pretty boring using the Ferrari 458 Gr.4 car with transmission tune...
After a few wins it turned out to be a little too stressful for me, so I added the high rpm turbo in hopes it would not mess up mid corner & corner exit. Yay, that worked out.
Start on RM tires and FM.1 and pin it until in the lead, then dial up FM.6 (and TC.1, 'cause, I can get excited and spin/slide exiting a corner).
Run until it starts raining/water-meter-thing registers, and if no blue in the rain map stick to RM tires... if blue in the map swap to inter's... if yellow in the map grab the Wet's.
Sometimes I run a little over 30 min's (rain tires not required), sometimes I sit at the finish line and wait it out (when rain tires used).
Having a lot of fun... and the ability to make $825k per race (~30-ish min's) at only a week-in is amazing!

Take care.

Welcome new mate .
You will find many builds here for many cars even without pitstops needed for some of them but unfortunately the new update will change everything.

So you could take advantage before happens with something that you like from here .
In a couple of weeks we will return ( i guess) testing and judging again.
Have a nice ride.

Last edited:
Less than a week from the update.
Will they affect the pp the new Michelin compound and new physics ?
Will see soon.
One is certain, next Sunday ill be busy to find out how changes work .

Could it be that they tried a few physics-related settings in the weekly races? The control of the races seemed different to me.

Could it be that they tried a few physics-related settings in the weekly races? The control of the races seemed different to me.
No they don't, perhaps is your impression that's all.
They will change everything at the update thats why the new TT only last one week .
Tyre wear and handling will be different to what we use to know till now.
What's left to see is how much suspension settings affect them and driving style ( aggressive or not ) .

No they don't, perhaps is your impression that's all.
They will change everything at the update thats why the new TT only last one week .
Tyre wear and handling will be different to what we use to know till now.
What's left to see is how much suspension settings affect them and driving style ( aggressive or not ) .
It feels like the week before your birthday and you see the wrapped presents wondering which one is the sweater that grandma made...

Am planning to give a go on some cars especially the non stop ones on intermediate tyres before the update.
Hoping to find dry track ill give a go to some others that can end the race at FM6 .
So i can have a close taken measure to compare and not from what i remember.
I haven't run this race many weeks now ,so need to refresh my memory.

My suggestion is to pick your favourite car or whatever you want and do some runs to have fresh elements to judge after the update.

Last edited:
Am planning to give a go on some cars especially the non stop ones on intermediate tyres before the update.
Hoping to find dry track ill give a go to some others that can end the race at FM6 .
So i can have a close taken measure to compare and not from what i remember.
I haven't run this race many weeks now ,so need to refresh my memory.

My suggestion is to pick your favourite car or whatever you want and do some runs to have fresh elements to judge after the update.
Great idea, will do same... with notes to compare after...

I used the Gr 2 GTR 500 last night on a no stopper very boring. It was very slow but dependable. I used the Valkyrie at the 900 race to see what kind fuel/tire wear would occur. The 1st attempt I got 5 laps on the tires but it was very shaky on the 5th lap as the rear tires were gone and after the Porsche curves it was slipping and sliding into the pit lane 🤣 . I changed the tires and changed FM4 and only 2 really good laps out of the tires and pitted again on lap 9. Before the race I noticed that the weight distribution was 42/58 which I think contributed heavily to the tire wear. So for the next race I added ballast to get to 50/50 F/R. I tested it with RH & RM I think that helped a little with tire wear the fuel economy was about the same. I think there is some further tweaking to improve the tire wear.

I use LM55 in non stop mode FM5 all the way .
Rain hit track after lap lap 3 and had to do and 7th lap cause AI took the right call entering the pits.
Tyre wear was the usual with little bit more wear at the rear cause i have ballast all the way back.

After i took 92CP FM1 rain hit again at lap 3 and had to pit again.
Keep the intermediate tyres all the way and they vanish at lap 7 cause rain wasn't enough and could escape without needed to put intermediates .
A bit rusty but lap times on RH was at 3.52's which is fine for me now.

More will follow.

Last edited:
Instead of Fap 908 i choose Enzo for my last run yesterday.
It was at 700pp (699 plus) configuration perhaps from the time we run this with Billionaire.
FM6 AT not much tyre wear on RH but rain hit again before end of 3rd lap and put intermediates.
The tyres gone quickly when track start drying out but at least save the 7th lap .
Rain make things worst in case of evaluation dry tyres , is only helpful with rain tyres in our case.
Sartegna i guess is more appropriate to test someone dry tyres but in that case we will learn from others the outcome since they are many players that have it as favourite griding race..
For sure we will know if pp system affected from the update .

Also i don't remember cars i or we use that are able to pull 4 laps or more ( any FM) to keep them without change in case i find a dry race 🙄 .
I someone remember any from what we run it would be helpful.

My quick verdict for my mates.

Forget what you know till now with All group C car legends .
PD alter the pp by huge margin over the past even 40plus pp up 😱
RCP92 is at least 12 seconds slower 😵‍💫 for example with more weight, no med turbo and way less hp .

Forget non stop cars on intermediate tyres all the way.
LM55 need more weight less hp to just fit at 700pp and lap times even at FM1 can't much lap times at FM5 at pre update era .
Tyres are gone at 4th lap , so non stop is a dream now unless its raining for 4 laps but is quite boring also.

Almost every race car affected by pp change some up some down.
Down enough was McLaren Fina 97 that probably now can match 95 model that didn't check yet how is affected.

Can't say about dry tyres yet cause i must find a car that's not affected too much from pp change and need ballast or lower too much the engine etc.

Drastic changes to what i use to run especially with all group C cars .

Am sure you will find out by yourself and other changes but 8 lap cars must be a situation of the past now .
More to come during weekend.

Last edited:
My quick verdict for my mates.

Forget what you know till now with All group C car legends .
PD alter the pp by huge margin over the past even 40plus pp up 😱
RCP92 is at least 12 seconds slower 😵‍💫 for example with more weight, no med turbo and way less hp .

Forget non stop cars on intermediate tyres all the way.
LM55 need more weight less hp to just fit at 700pp and lap times even at FM1 can't much lap times at FM5 at pre update era .
Tyres are gone at 4th lap , so non stop is a dream now unless its raining for 4 laps but is quite boring also.

Almost every race car affected by pp change some up some down.
Down enough was McLaren Fina 97 that probably now can match 95 model that didn't check yet how is affected.

Can't say about dry tyres yet cause i must find a car that's not affected too much from pp change and need ballast or lower too much the engine etc.

Drastic changes to what i use to run especially with all group C cars .

Am sure you will find out by yourself and other changes but 8 lap cars must be a situation of the past now .
More to come during weekend.
To add to this just before the update I took my tuned RA272 on a 30 min run just to be current on its handling and such. After the update, on dry tyres (RH) tyre wear is increased, and grip is less than before and was really telling on the entrance of the Porsche curves, I encountered and corrected for snap oversteer on the first lap, no ai car touched me, was an eye opener.
When the rain came and was moderate not heavy the IMs burnt up regardless of wetness on track.
Overall I feel I will have to go over each car and tweak and tune, but grinding will be more challenging now because of this and I welcome it because it was getting too easy.
Being that I drive with economy in my style I will keep looking for the "new" non- stop car.

Seems with new pp arrangement, equalise the cars much or less .
Ill try the McLaren Fina which was a car that i like but had problems with fuel consumption and needed to race at FM6 as far as i remember.
At least now will have more power cause it dropped at 682 pp .

And as @jrbabbitt wrote , griding there will be more difficult now cause they eliminate the Top guns we knew till now.
Although i doubt that we could find a non stop car at intermediate tyres , tyres are gone very quickly in dry laps and the cars that could do it must drop the hp so much that even on easy level the AI could run the same or a bit faster than you .

In fact,we must seek for other griding mules with good fuel consumption ( 3 - 4 laps at least ) and lap times under 4.10 .

Back