La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

Here is my very first impression after the update...

Used a swapped F40, PP only changed slightly(696 2ith RHs istead of 699), car is a little more agile, fuel and tire wear stayed the same...tires changed,the margin between controlled sliding and loosing the car widened-at least that is my first impression, RHs on wet track seemed to be more controllable...

I had a weather pattern I rarely have seen before, heavy rain coming in on lap 4 until end of lap 5...

And one thing I have never seen before:Haywood in the Lambo was on a two stop strategy an pitted after lap3, but was faster than normal (usually he always did a one stop strategy, pitting after lap4)

Last edited:
This is good. It give me to something to do while grinding. I need to test the Aston Martin VGT. I haven't used it in awhile. Also I want to try some 2 lap cars and see how the tire wear works on them

I like to hear that....have to give my 2WD vintage rally cross grid another try!

I pick new subaru with dirt tyres and give a try on fish ranch the chilli one and was on MT gears that didn't change from lemans .
In the past had to race 4-5 times to win with a super tune car and now i did it first try without even know the track 😂 .
Its totally different and easier of course since you don't bunch all over like a crazy goat .

Last edited:
I just read about all your impressions with the update. Looks like tyre wear is a lot higher now. I read in another thread that the multiplicator has been changed from x10 to x6. I haven't checked myself yet if this is true but if it is it seems to imply that tyre wear is significantly higher now....
Wonder if they also changed the multiplicator for fuel?

I just read about all your impressions with the update. Looks like tyre wear is a lot higher now. I read in another thread that the multiplicator has been changed from x10 to x6. I haven't checked myself yet if this is true but if it is it seems to imply that tyre wear is significantly higher now....
Wonder if they also changed the multiplicator for fuel?

Significant higher seems that is at intermediate tyres ( perhaps and at rain ones but never use them anyway ) .
For racing tyres i can't tell , perhaps might change the behaviour of the car as tyre wears more and more .
And since they mess everything at 700-800pp range you can't judge with what it was in the past.
Needed to change many parameters to bring down from 730-740 pp at 700pp , so you have no steady base to judge .
As about fuels can't notice something changin in that area.

My LM55 had all the ballast in the back and after the update not only i have to put it in the front but must be also 200kilos and less power in order to catch 700pp limit .
So the front tyres are vanish more quickly and practically can't compare now with then cause are totally different settings.

What it's truly remarkable is the change of new physics in dirt .
I only race one race and couldn't believe it.

Last edited:
Took out a couple of tried and trued old grinders for the full 30 minutes, the swapped '02 RX-7 and the swapped Crown Athlete. Both needed slight PP adjustments, the RX-7 was barely over 700 and the Crown was a little under. First the RX-7, dry race one stop FM1, or no stop FM6 so still good fuel economy, RH lasted all 7 laps. Still a sub 4 minute car so also an 8 lapper if your into that, I parked at the finish line for a minute to avoid the dreaded 8th :) The Crown is also one stop capable but a no stop needs a lot of fuel saving tricks. Had early heavy rain with the Crown, so a good opportunity to check out the new IM , made it through a very wet and sloppy 3rd lap on slicks, it got real wet real fast so I didn't notice a difference in performance on the RH. Switch to inters with a blue rain meter, would have tried full wets but didn't have them, IM's were fine on the monsoon track, but as soon as the rain stopped the inters started going red fast, the track is still very wet and the tires are going, did the 6th lap in drying conditions, still half bar offline, and the inters were completely gone halfway into the lap. Wet tire wear definitely an adjustment in strategy.

So we agree that rain tyre wear is faster?
Don't we @kartrcr08 ?
Oh bloody hell yes.....Come to think about it tyre wear is faster across all tyres since I didn't realize the tyre wear multiplier was decreased to 6X and I just thought that the wear was still at 10X and had not changed but it is wearing faster on RH and such too.

Last edited:
Oh bloody hell yes.....Come to think about it tyre wear is faster across all tyres since I didn't realize the tyre wear multiplier was decreased to 6X and I just thought that the wear was still at 10X and had not changed but it is wearing faster on RH and such too.

I wasn't aware that they changed the fuel X , so that means all tyres wear faster and if it was at 10X , some cars might pull only one and a half lap before tyres die.
At least they change it and the conditions isn't tragic.

Yes. Five laps on wet tyres on a wet track from lap 2 though 7 in my Supra GT500 and the tyres were gone half way around the 7th lap.

In my McLaren 97 dry all the way and all 7 laps no problem at all.
Can you post your setup for this car for this race?

This is what my '97 f1 is running now to stay at 700pp
Gran Turismo® 7_20240726152050.jpg

I tried a race in the Audi at Fisherman's today. Maybe it's better now but it still feels awful for me. I guess Rally just ain't my cup of tea.

Isn't my cup of tea either, but from in the past i couldn't even win the chilli race with T16 and now i can 😂 .
Usually after the long jumps you wasn't sure if you face track the right way or the opposite way after landing.
Don't know how Audi is now but the new Subaru is excellent even stock for my bellow average skills.

Pick the Escudo yesterday, thought ,,it was ok but nope .
Its sooooo flirken broke .
You set tune for RH but doesn't accept rain tyres, you set tune for rain tyres but doesn't accept dry tyres cause pp are more than 700 on them 🤣

I try click by click to bring it on account but has less power than before, PD really mess up everything on that update.

I was able to use the Aston Martin VGT at LeMans. The old pp tune dropped from 699 to 685 so I put RM on the car. I think the tire wear was slightly higher with the RMs but I was still able to get 3 laps before the rain came. It was the heavy rain so I switched to the wets. I was good for 2 laps as the rain was very heavy. On lap 6 when the track started drying up the wets started falling apart but since I had about a 3 min lead I didn't have to do a 7th lap. If I had to I would have had to change the tires. I will have check out some more of my 700 pp tunes. I had to adjust the one I had for the Bvlgari for the Laguna Seca race.

Thanks mate , i might try it tomorrow, perhaps is from the very few cars now that can move well under 4.00 minutes with the only need to use MT gears .
YW. In my slow hands I was able to 4.10 so I am pretty sure in more capable hands you can get under 4.00 minutes

The Aston VGT can lap in under 4mins at LeMan quite easy just have to short shift to get the speed out of that weirdly high ratio gearbox, trouble I've always had with it is keeping tyres in good shape especially inters, you can ruin a set of tyres in a single lap.

Side bar; Anyone tried the new WTC 600 event at Road Atlanta? Just me or is it really odd? On HARD the leaders seem amazingly quick for 600pp?
Haven't try it yet ,also i don't try them at hard level unless there's a reason for it.
Also need to do the gr1 race on this track ,its from those i hate 😂 .

Well all my hard work on finding and cataloging all the cars that are best for fuel economic races at Le Mans is all for naught.
I will start over and work my way down from Gr.1 / Grp.C cars, readjusting settings that PD changed (I've noticed my suspension settings have been changed mainly in the dampers, I usually have them around the 30s or so but I'm seeing 25s and 45s) readjusting for the PP changes and will run my stuff again with posted results, this is a work in progress again🙄

I have noticed another positive though, I'm able to drop my TC to 1 again as I'm not experiencing severe oversteer on exits of turns. It feels smoother to drive the Le Mans circuit again.

I’ve been able to take all 200kg of weight out of my McLaren F1 long tail and reclaimed some HP from the engine as well. It won’t go four laps on fuel 1 anymore but so far I haven’t had a dry run to see how much faster it is.

Back