Lack of details in background trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
emperorevo
How many of you feel that the trees in GT series looks so crappy? Come on PD it's been how many version now of GT? You still haven't got the trees detail down yet. It looks so fake, especially the evergreen trees. You don't get to see details of each leaves. They are just too 2D-ish looking. If you compare the details of trees to Colin Mcrae Dirt series, it's got a massive amount of details on it. So who's with me on this?

I think your bring a little unfair, PD have improved the effects of trees etc in GT4 and GT5P is even better. GT4 had leaves on the groun that would fly into the air and the GT5P backgrounds are stunning.. Have you looked at Eiger recently?

Well in a rally game, the trees have to greatly detailed because your car will be screaming right past them. In Gt, the trees have always been some distance from the track, well maybe expect the 'ring, so the rendering can be cheaped out to give a good detail from far then up close.

You have to sacrifice something in order to get 16 high detailed cars, damage, visual effects and so on at a decent framerate.

Are you seriously driving along thinking that the game is spoiled by that tree way over there not having proper leaves on it?

Is this Lumberjack 5: The Real Tree Felling simulator?

paris-hilton-cry.jpg

BabyJesusCry.jpg

istockphoto_1219083_baby_cry.jpg

britney_cry.jpg

0_22_jacko_cry.jpg

121_24jack_bauer1.jpg

obama-cry-415x351.jpg

bush_crying_medal_of_honor.jpg

Last edited:
I agree the background does lack a naturish environment around the tracks.I said before Forza had an environment where you couldn't find one 2d tree towering above the cars.The lighting effects were produced with 50 night sun lamps to just one car though.Apparently there was alot of popup in GT4 ( maybe i need glasses ) but i didn't see it.All the tracks & cars were much bigger in GT3 A-Spec and i thought looked alot better than the sequel.I thought everything in GT4 was less saturated.

I agree that the trees on some tracks like eiger are not in the same league as the rest of the graphics, but some trees are ok like the ones on london track. At the end of the day, im sure it's a compromise PD had to make in order to not sacrifice more important areas, in GT5p though some of the poor trees may just be temporary standins until everything is optimised. Any way tree leaves are textures, and the small amount of ram that consoles have, makes it difficult to have as many of the same kind of textures your accustomed to seeing on pc titles.

Are you seriously driving along thinking that the game is spoiled by that tree way over there not having proper leaves on it?

Is this Lumberjack 5: The Real Tree Felling simulator?

Exactly my thoughts. I was thinking that this is a driving/racing game ant one where you are looking for birds on the trees.

This kind of topics make me think that these threads are created just for the pleasure of starting arguments and fights.

EDIT: And notice that the thread starter hasn't replied. What make me think that he just created it for the reasons mentioned above.

EDIT: Is like complaining about GTA cars not having good physics or having a very unreal damage. In other words, this is nonsense.

Last edited:
When he says trees, he really means the entire background. The trees really do need some work, the grass needs more texture, not just the little piece of grass at suzuka, but grass needs to have texture everywhere.

Seriously guy's around here need to stop bitching about the little'st of details. Do you really not think that if PD had the hardware capable to produce these ultra real textures and what not that they would?. Come on guys Pd has proven with their car models the kind of attention to detail they have, it's just Pd tends to improve one area at a time to a very high standard as opposed to improving all areas in conjunction like say Forza, and most other games. Pd has a different philosophy in producing games to other developers. You guys really are asking for too much if you want like crysis backgrounds and trees with Gt5's car detail.

When he says trees, he really means the entire background. The trees really do need some work, the grass needs more texture, not just the little piece of grass at suzuka, but grass needs to have texture everywhere.

How many of you feel that the trees in GT series looks so crappy? Come on PD it's been how many version now of GT? You still haven't got the trees detail down yet. It looks so fake, especially the evergreen trees. You don't get to see details of each leaves. They are just too 2D-ish looking. If you compare the details of trees to Colin Mcrae Dirt series, it's got a massive amount of details on it. So who's with me on this?
Looks like he means the trees to me.

The surroundings do need improvement, besides the shadow effects.Combine that with eyepopping weather and its effects the graphics should look stunning.

What is it? is the real picnic simulator? or something...I cant see anything while driving Evo X

Last edited:
Tell me your kidding.

You can worry about the tree details,and I'll admire the car detail as I'm driving past those trees at 100 + M.P.H.. Do you think we are looking at the trees like some out of state tourists,no - we are concentrating on our driving skills instead.

3D tress would be nice but not at the expense of good framerates, bigger grid or lack of details on the cars themselves. As you can see from these screenshots at Eiger, you're not losing too much details. Of course, a more interactive environment (swaying trees although in GT5P, you do get grass effects) is always welcome especially in making the enviroment less sterile but for now if I can get weather with the current environment, it'll be just fine. Perhaps in the next gen console we'll get all this at 1080p at 60 fps. But before all this, I want skidmarks (which would hopefully last for more than just a few seconds).

3801030341_a32e4c50bd_o.jpg

3801849752_9f2832e192_o.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know about you, but I don't look at trees while i'm racing. In other words, it doesn't bother me the slightest amount.

I dont really care..... BUT the only thing that annoys me is when there is a replay at Eiger and they film from behind a tree and you can see the leaves in the way and they are transparent and poorly coloured.... anyone notice this?

I think everyone will only worry about the tree textures when GT5 has rally courses in which you can plow your car into a tree. Until then, this is just dust under the rug.

How about instead of trees and tree leaves. Let's just talk about rubber bits or clag buildup on the track as the laps progress so traction on the track changes on the dirty side and the clean side. Give me a break "Trees" next thing you know your going to want weeds. On second thought "smoking weeds" yeah thats the ticket!!!!

trees?

you've have to be kidding me? the trees of prologue not good enough for you.

I suggest you try this game if you want trees..

blog-afrika.jpg

I'm just saying too that if they looked at other racing/rally/arcade games ( Motorstorm PR ) they have much better backgrounds and maybe PD could use that to there advantage.

LMFAO... when i first read the first post... it actually made me chuckle, are u serious?
trees?
haha
I don't think u should be worring about the tree :D

Well, we did it. We finally ran out of things to complain about.

Wait, there has yet to be a thread discussing the lack of birds. j/k

You've got to be kidding me. Trees? Who the hell looks at Trees while they're racing? You are more worried about trees then about more important things like:

Online play

Customization

Physics Model

Number of Cars & Tracks

Also in case you haven't noticed, of course the other game you played had detailed trees because you are in constant contact and visual range of them while your driving in the dirt. I'm sorry, but this has to be the most worthless topic ever.

Well, we did it. We finally ran out of things to complain about.

Apparently so. I thought hell would never freeze over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back