Lack of details in background trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting a tree wishlist now. Here's some interesting trees I've investigated (i.e. copied from Wikipedia) that I'd like to have added to GT5:

Arbre du Ténéré
Bodhi tree
Hooker Oak
Wawona Tree
Disney's Tree of Life
Baobab
Dragon tree
Banyan tree

I'll update this wishlist regularly. Got another tree you'd like to see in the game?

I really like where this has going, great work there guys 👍

:D

I_like_where_this_thread_is_going.jpg

New Trophy Ideas:

Lumberjack - Knock down a tree

Arsonist - Set a tree blaze

Ravager - Start a forest fire

I'm starting a tree wishlist now. Here's some interesting trees I've investigated (i.e. copied from Wikipedia) that I'd like to have added to GT5:

Hooker Oak

I'll update this wishlist regularly. Got another tree you'd like to see in the game?

I think these are the trees found only in City courses,usually planted on the street corners and or dark alleys.:lol:

New Trophy Ideas:

Lumberjack - Knock down a tree

Arsonist - Set a tree blaze

Ravager - Start a forest fire
speaking of forrest fires.

On apricot circuit in GT4, in the back ground you could see alot of smoke rising from the forrest. I this a hint of real time yearly dynamic forrest fires ???

Arbre du Ténéré
Bodhi tree
Hooker Oak
Wawona Tree
Disney's Tree of Life
Baobab
Dragon tree
Banyan tree

Just want to give a shout-out for the Silver Birch tree.

Silver Birch trees are happy in cold climates and whilst they prefer light, dry and acid soils will tolerate most conditions. Find the best spot to plant your tree in a place where you know it will grow happily for many years.

If you do plant your tree out into the ground, make sure you consider the location carefully – because it can grow up to 30m and can live in excess of 80 years plus the wind blown seeds can grow quickly without being planted.

silver-birch-tree.jpg

Here it is in the winter. PD need to get that right.

silverbirch_lone_tree.jpg

So with damage and the barriers maybe done differently, we possibly could drive up to the Pine trees at Eiger?
smiley_drool.gif

I have honestly never driven past a tree on the hundreds of laps I've done in the mini on highspeed ring to try and get a decent place on the ranking and thought, that tree looks flat.

When the game is in motion the backgrounds look amazing, only when you magnify a certain point whilst still can you pick out any flaws (and even they are minor).

It's hard to make a game look good in higher resolutions. Try bumping up the resolution on L4D or Teamfortress you'll see what I mean. They look Great but when you stand still you are obviously going to see rough edges.

I've yet to see a racing game with trees as impressive and realistic as the ones in GT5. This includes both Forza 2 and Forza 3.

If we get a tree editor i can put in the tree thats in my front garden :lol:

Fingers crossed :)

Epic epic fail.I wonder what will the next crazy complain will be,maybe the clothes of the spectators wil be "SO LAST YEAR"!

Once again for tree lovers: Check the first of latest screenshots, there are almost perfect trees with many branches and treetops are even enlightened from the right side, colours are very real and not some painting book ones 👍 Updated conifers will certainly follow soon.

gran-turismo-5-sema-2009-screenshots-9-150x150.jpg

Latest screens: http://psinsider.e-mpire.com/index.php?categoryid=8&action=displayimages&gameid=178

They look real life! And people compare the OLD BETA trees from first playable Eiger location in GT5P with FM3 and other games. Now lets compare new shows with other games ;)

cough cough

2dtreesinforza3.jpg

I love how when someone complains about the trees in GT5, people brush it off and say 'Nobody cares about the trees when you're driving past them quickly'.

But people are quick to make a huge fault out of it in Forza 3 :lol:

I think some people need to get out more.

I love how when someone complains about the trees in GT5, people brush it off and say 'Nobody cares about the trees when you're driving past them quickly'.

But people are quick to make a huge fault out of it in Forza 3 :lol:

I think some people need to get out more.

It's because the Forza fanboys are the one's who bash GT for having "2d trees" Then they claim Forza Motorsport 3 has full 3-dimensional trees.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back