LCC Rocket Spot Race Series (stock) - March 23rd, 10pm GMTOpen 

• Thread starter MC-Chase
  • 1,113 comments
Sorry I didn't make it... Woke up from a nap right before race time, didn't feel like rushing to make it in time.
Good thing you didn't make it, you would have had to live with the shake of having participated in a race I won. :crazy: :lol:
image.jpg
image.jpg

prop.jpg

Mad props to Brandon for that tire management! Well earned win, though I'm still going to use the "I was 8hp down" excuse. Looking forward to the replay, seemed like the grid shuffled a bit during the race.

Still can't believe we laped the exact same qualifier, I wonder why it put me 1st on the grid when you set the time first?

Are sitting too close to the pedals? I solved that problem by moving a few centimetres back.
I just tightened up my rig pre race and placed a riser under it, so my pedals were at a higher angle than normal. I'm sure I will get adjusted to it soon.

Still can't believe we laped the exact same qualifier, I wonder why it put me 1st on the grid when you set the time first?

My guess is because you bribed the host. :odd:

I didn't notice any tire wear issues, I think my fronts and rears were both at 9's at the end of each stint. I was fairly smooth around there, not a lot of tire squeal during a lap. They'd get slightly slippy after 10 laps or so but nothing that effected my lap times. Best lap was a 1:22.064 but I have no clue where that came from, next best was a :22.6xx and most were around :23 flat.

My guess is because you bribed the host. :odd:

I didn't notice any tire wear issues, I think my fronts and rears were both at 9's at the end of each stint. I was fairly smooth around there, not a lot of tire squeal during a lap. They'd get slightly slippy after 10 laps or so but nothing that effected my lap times. Best lap was a 1:22.064 but I have no clue where that came from, next best was a :22.6xx and most were around :23 flat.

Clearly that small amount of wear you dealt with a lot better than me for some reason. After 13/14 laps on them you were taking something like 6/8 tenths advantage per lap!

It was a good thing I didn't put that much practice in, the damn thing disconnected after the race. I tried playing again later on and it seemed fine for the most part :odd: I also had dinner pretty much right after. Sorry guys but I might just have to drop out because of schedule and connection. If I get a better connection or something I'll let you know.

And by the way, I'm only 15 and my eyesight is god awful (I have to wear glasses and my mom's family has a history of numerous eye issues).

For those of you eager to read my next instalment, i'm afraid you're going to have to wait until Wednesday, at best...

There was A LOT of action in the race, and I want to try and cover more than just what happened from my perspective. I spent another 2 hours after we finished just trying to capture what was going on, and I only got as far as lap 5...!!! :boggled: I think it calms down for a bit soon after this, but I know personally that it heats up again at the end.

I must say that was an Epic race, I certainly was involved in a lot of action. And from what I can gather a few others came into the room just to watch! So there must have been good entertainment all-round. A shame we couldn't get more on the grid for the start, but maybe next time.

many thanks to Robgroove :cheers: for some crazy battles at the start and end of the race. I'm still yet to watch the end, as I honestly do not know if it was my fault or just a "Racing Incident" ;) Hopefully no hard feelings either way though.

Laters

I spent another 2 hours after we finished just trying to capture what was going on, and I only got as far as lap 5...!!! :boggled:

ANOTHER two hours?! Wow, don't feel obliged to do all this!

It certainly had some good battles, Autumn Ring had some great places to pass - as pretty much everyone demonstrated at some point! I think the people who came in later to watch missed the start to be honest - keep an eye on your clocks guys! Race STARTS at 10, rooms open at 9:30 ;).

I've raced with Rob for a long time and he always lays on the pressure, looked pretty epic at the end there. Hard to tell if it was driver fault to be honest, on the replay there was small amounts of lag from my perspective - even if it was driver error it clearly wasn't intentional.

Looking forward to 'dem pics Hobbsy :cheers:.

It certainly had some good battles, Autumn Ring had some great places to pass - as pretty much everyone demonstrated at some point!

IIRC, my final pass on you was in the left/left/right complex right after pit exit. It certainly was not my intention to attempt an overtake through that bit but it just kind of worked out that way........and I held my breath through the whole thing!! That area is NOT meant for passing, but somehow we made it work! :cheers:

IIRC, my final pass on you was in the left/left/right complex right after pit exit. It certainly was not my intention to attempt an overtake through that bit but it just kind of worked out that way........and I held my breath through the whole thing!! That area is NOT meant for passing, but somehow we made it work! :cheers:

Yeah I remember that one. Honestly I thought a brake checked you and got a bit confused so didn't contest the pass that much, not much point either way, I was never going to fend you off for much longer! If it happened on lap 29 I probably would have made your life a lot harder ;).

EDIT: Did some running at Tsukuba today with a friend of mine, set laps for the race to 50, a minute lap seems typical. I'll be very impressed if anyone brakes the 59's in qually!

Last edited:
Yeah I remember that one. Honestly I thought a brake checked you and got a bit confused so didn't contest the pass that much, not much point either way, I was never going to fend you off for much longer! If it happened on lap 29 I probably would have made your life a lot harder ;).

EDIT: Did some running at Tsukuba today with a friend of mine, set laps for the race to 50, a minute lap seems typical. I'll be very impressed if anyone brakes the 59's in qually!

I noticed you just kinda disappeared, I wondered if I had done something wrong but obviously wasn't too bothered by it. :lol:

I've noticed something over the years........almost every (decent) car laps Tsukuba in just about 1 minute. I remember back in my Capp Cup days we'd lap it in 1:01-1:02 and when I'd test other cars there (even cars with 2-3x the power) they'd all be right at 1 minute. Some kind of Tsukuba Paradox.........

I noticed you just kinda disappeared, I wondered if I had done something wrong but obviously wasn't too bothered by it. :lol:

I've noticed something over the years........almost every (decent) car laps Tsukuba in just about 1 minute. I remember back in my Capp Cup days we'd lap it in 1:01-1:02 and when I'd test other cars there (even cars with 2-3x the power) they'd all be right at 1 minute. Some kind of Tsukuba Paradox.........

Heh, never noticed that to be honest. I mostly only take lower powered stuff there, I think there are good overtaking opportunities for those heavy on the brakes here with the Rocket.

I managed to get back in time for the race while you guys were qualifying but I guess you can't get into the race if you miss qualifying. No worries, I'll catch you guys next week.

I managed to get back in time for the race while you guys were qualifying but I guess you can't get into the race if you miss qualifying. No worries, I'll catch you guys next week.

Rooms always open half an hour(ish) before the race. I really hate starting with people missing out but I can't really wait much more than a few minutes because of the other people in the room. I might look into doing qually differently so late arrivals can still join in if they miss qually, just start at the back of the grid or something.

Understood, and I am not asking you to hold up the room, I was just hoping I could get in at the back of the grid or pit road.

Understood, and I am not asking you to hold up the room, I was just hoping I could get in at the back of the grid or pit road.

I'm sure it's possible. Perhaps run qually then get everyone to leave the track when the race starts and line up in a formation and start the race again - by all means I'll look into it, as i said I don't like leaving anyone out.

I'm sure it's possible. Perhaps run qually then get everyone to leave the track when the race starts and line up in a formation and start the race again - by all means I'll look into it, as i said I don't like leaving anyone out.

I don't think it's possible without jumping through a bunch of hoops (and still using the automated qualifier). You'd have to ask everyone to leave the track after the race starts, reset the track and then have everyone go on track one at a time to line up manually in the order we qualified, then cross your fingers and start the race. Personally, I hate that procedure and only do it when there's some kind of technical failure that makes it necessary.

You could just abandon the automated qualifier and have an open qualifying session, al la GT5. Then people could jump on track with a few minutes left in qualifying and still make it into the race. Although we've done some very limited testing with this method and it did work I can't confirm it will always work, so it would need to be tested more thoroughly.

IMO the best way to get people to show up on time is to always be consistent and start when you say you're going to. Eventually people will learn that "Chase is prompt and if I don't get my butt in there they'll start without me!". I'm not saying that in a disapproving way towards anyone or pointing any fingers, lord knows I've had stuff pop up at the last minute that prevented me from attending something. This is just what I learned from my experience, once I drew a line in the sand and stuck to it people started showing up a little earlier (when possible) to make sure they were on track in time. 👍

:lol: I wasn't saying either method is best or worst, just presenting the options as I understand them to this point. I'd recommend planning to do some testing with the starting order if you have an open session this Wednesday. I can give you a guideline on what to test, a few things are different in GT6 so I can't quantify them until the've been tested. Most things seem to work as they did in GT5 though.

Just a heads-up for tomorrow guys,

Going to open a room at the usual time for a combo of Tuskuba practice for the Rockets, and a bit of a car selection for deciding what we're going to use next season. Anyone with some bright ideas on car choice drop them on the thread so we can get them ready for tomorrow! Also going to try a few mock 'open qualifying sessions' to see how they work in time for next Sunday.

Catch you there 👍

I'm more than likely not going to make it to the practice tomorrow but a suggestion for a second series could be stock Megane trophy cars.

I'm more than likely not going to make it to the practice tomorrow but a suggestion for a second series could be stock Megane trophy cars.

Trying to avoid anything with downforce and grippy tires here - I'll throw it on the list and we'll give it some laps tomorrow though and see what people make of it.

Latest Posts

Back