LCC Rocket Spot Race Series (stock) - March 23rd, 10pm GMTOpen 

• Thread starter MC-Chase
  • 1,113 comments
Pro tip: have lights mapped to clicking in L3 so you unintentionally flash people up when cornering hard.

And there I was thinking you were a taking a leap from the touring cars book (BTCC of course!)

@Slalom, I like the ironing board trick, i've tried that myself many years ago... but as you say, not very stable at all! for me that idea lasted all of 5 mins, so I commend you for your perseverance there.

Last edited:
And there I was thinking you were a taking a leap from the touring cars book (BTCC of course!)

@Slalom, I like the ironing board trick, i've tried that myself many years ago... but as you say, not very stable at all! for me that idea lasted all of 5 mins, so I commend you for your perseverance there.

You know it wasn't ideal, but honestly I don't think it affected my time on the time trial. Of course recovery from mistakes were a bit harder and I wouldn't want to do a long race on it.

I have since gotten a g25 and now have it setup at a desk at home, so just going to the TV tray in the dfgt when travelling is a much less stable experience.

With all these superb wheel set ups getting posted about I thought I'd share my own GT6 setup...

controller.jpg
It's customised to extract the best performance from me on driving games, let me tell you its features;

- Original Sixaxis which is lighter than a Dualshock 3 which means it's more responsive or something like that.

- What appear to be scratches form many years of use and wear, but on closer inspection are actually dynamic weight reduction measures to allow for better power to weight ratio for my thumbs or something.

- Bespoke smooth left analogue stick, which again may appear a consequence of wear but is actually optimised for reduced air resistance and miminmised drag coefficient to aid fastest maneuvers from left to right (or visa versa).

- Loose spring on R2 trigger so throttle is always on by 3%. This helps push the most out of my vehicle of choice by continuing to accelerate even when my own confidence levels would have me back off from the limit.

- L3 button that clicks in when you corner, helps provide pressure on your opponent in front of you who thinks you have time to flash them up for being slow - doubly effective on night races where a partial blinding effect is occurred on your opponent too.

- Slight grime in the ridges of the controller because I haven't cleaned it in a while, it's manly, because clean stuff is for girls. This increases the users testosterone levels, thinning the blood and increasing the users reaction times.

Last edited:
With all these superb wheel set ups getting posted about I thought I'd share my own GT6 setup...

View attachment 101038It's customised to extract the best performance from me on driving games, let me tell you its features;

- Original Sixaxis which is lighter than a Dualshock 3 which means it's more responsive or something like that.

- What appear to be scratches form many years of use and wear, but on closer inspection are actually dynamic weight reduction measures to allow for better power to weight ratio for my thumbs or something.

- Bespoke smooth left analogue stick, which again may appear a consequence of wear but is actually optimised for reduced air resistance and miminmised drag coefficient to aid fastest maneuvers from left to right (or visa versa).

- Loose spring on R2 trigger so throttle is always on by 3%. This helps push the most out of my vehicle of choice by continuing to accelerate even when my own confidence levels would have me back off from the limit.

- L3 button that clicks in when you corner, helps provide pressure on your opponent in front of you who thinks you have time to flash them up for being slow - doubly effective on night races where a partial blinding effect is occurred on your opponent too.

- Slight grime in the ridges of the controller because I haven't cleaned it in a while, it's manly, because clean stuff is for girls. This increases the users testosterone levels, thinning the blood and increasing the users reaction times.

Epic, :lol::lol::lol: thanks for the chuckle.

View attachment 101038It's customised to extract the best performance from me on driving games, let me tell you its features;

Post of the week! :cheers:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just noticed the ZZ-S got a premium (minus interior) re-model for GT6, which gets a big thumbs up from me. But more to the point, who would prefer a series using these to proceed the Rockets rather than the geared Karts?

Just noticed the ZZ-S got a premium (minus interior) re-model for GT6, which gets a big thumbs up from me. But more to the point, who would prefer a series using these to proceed the Rockets rather than the geared Karts?

If its just those two, i would probably go with the karts (just because there premium) If given a choice, Id like the KTM, or the GT86 'Racing', maybe the GT350, stratos, Europa... the problem is there is Sooooooo much choice, its hard to all pick just one.

Ultimately i would suggest either you pick a small list and we try to vote, or if you decide on a car i'd be just as happy to go with it. It would need to be a little bit racey Though! ;)

If its just those two, i would probably go with the karts (just because there premium) If given a choice, Id like the KTM, or the GT86 'Racing', maybe the GT350, stratos, Europa... the problem is there is Sooooooo much choice, its hard to all pick just one.

Ultimately i would suggest either you pick a small list and we try to vote, or if you decide on a car i'd be just as happy to go with it. It would need to be a little bit racey Though! ;)

Not doing anything with downforce here :P. Preferably open wheel, X-Bow is half decent, it's been done though, maybe the Caterham. I'll probably get a few more ideas and drop a vote to decide 👍.

I agree re the downforce, and same goes for the tires. I like the fact that there is a that grip limiting factor. Oh and how did i forget the cat! Love that car

If we go open wheel. I would highly suggest considering the fireblade. I haven't used it since gt5, but it's a cool little car.
I would also be interested in the 86 racing as long as the tires aren't to sticky. I think sport hard are great for many cars.

Last edited:
If we go open wheel. I would highly suggest considering the fireblade. I haven't used it since gt5, but it's a cool little car.
I would also be interested in the 86 racing as long as the tires aren't to sticky. I think sport hard are great for many cars.

Just spent the last hour with the 7, it'd probably be high on my list personally (still going to drop the vote though), the gearbox is truly awful on it however - and I don't really want to allow for modification if possible. The X-Bow leaves me a bit cold to be honest, and there is small amounts of aero on it - but again, I'll put it on the list. Also tried the AC Cobra, which is a blast single player but I doubt we'd be having many clean passes with it! But who knows, maybe I'm just being cynical with that one :P, it might be worth a spot race with all the crew and see how we stack up with them!

Then there's some of the lightweight Lotus' like the Europa and Elan that Hobbsy mentioned, which are really good - though kind of Watermelons turf :P! The Elan is rather short on gear ratios too from what i recall.

I think if we have to stock with only gear mods could work. Honestly I think anyone that does any testing during the week would probably be willing to share the settings with others. Or if you wanted to do a longer track and you just told us what setting to use for the tranny that would work fine for me.

Just spent the last hour with the 7, it'd probably be high on my list personally (still going to drop the vote though), the gearbox is truly awful on it however - and I don't really want to allow for modification if possible. The X-Bow leaves me a bit cold to be honest, and there is small amounts of aero on it - but again, I'll put it on the list. Also tried the AC Cobra, which is a blast single player but I doubt we'd be having many clean passes with it! But who knows, maybe I'm just being cynical with that one :P, it might be worth a spot race with all the crew and see how we stack up with them!

Then there's some of the lightweight Lotus' like the Europa and Elan that Hobbsy mentioned, which are really good - though kind of Watermelons turf :P! The Elan is rather short on gear ratios too from what i recall.

I would love to do a series with the Elan, or the Caterham but how about the Nissan Bluebird (AKA Datsun 510). That might be cool, either that or Mini Coopers, the old one.

I would love to do a series with the Elan, or the Caterham but how about the Nissan Bluebird (AKA Datsun 510). That might be cool, either that or Mini Coopers, the old one.

Not given it a go, I'll go check it out now.

EDIT: Very slow, even on CM tires it was hardly a challenge to push in any regard. I'm sure it would provide close racing, but probably not the most exciting of racing.

Last edited:
I been playing with various cars tonight, first up was the Toyota 86 Racing.

Tsukuba Circuit.jpg

Which I found really enjoyable, its still stock like the GT 86, but having the roll cage makes it feel like a touring style car :) next was the ZZ-S, and I had forgotten just how much fun this little car is! Cool sound, just enough movement in the suspension to have fun, but also good enough to attack the track. And it does look pretty sweet too

Tsukuba Circuit_12.jpg

next was a MR2 mk1, your earlier posts got me thinking about this car MC,.. Lets just say, the stability issue of the real car has transferred well to the game ;)
Then a Prowler, good fun but maybe a bit lazy! TVR 350c, good fun handles pretty well, the Tamora might be a better choice though. Clio V6...:sly: another personal fav...

But the best one of the night, was this...

Twin Ring Motegi East Course_6.jpg

Yep, this takes the crown for me right now (second only to the rocket of course ;)

It takes a bit of work getting the most out of it, and by that i mean, every lap/corner i was pushing more and more and getting faster. Yes the gear ratio is far to tall, but once you get it up to speed and keep your momentum, its a riot.
I'd be happy keeping this completely stock! after all, it would be the same for everyone.

Hobbsy

I've always wanted to race the Caterham, but I agree the gearbox isn't the best. 1st gear takes so long to get up to speed, if you spin it might take a couple days to get back on the pace. Otherwise, should be fun. 👍

I've always wanted to race the Caterham, but I agree the gearbox isn't the best. 1st gear takes so long to get up to speed, if you spin it might take a couple days to get back on the pace. Otherwise, should be fun. 👍

Actually spent a lot of time with it today at the longer tracks, the gearbox *kind* of makes sense at the Nurb', Monza, Suzuka, etc - not perfect but not actually that bad. Got a 9.52 on arcade mode around the Nurb' 24h circuit stock with comfort softs.

I'll be hosting a test room on Wednesday to flick through some of our car options and seeing what people get on with and creates some of the best racing. I hope lots of people can make it for that 👍.

Actually spent a lot of time with it today at the longer tracks, the gearbox *kind* of makes sense at the Nurb', Monza, Suzuka, etc - not perfect but not actually that bad. Got a 9.52 on arcade mode around the Nurb' 24h circuit stock with comfort softs.

I'll be hosting a test room on Wednesday to flick through some of our car options and seeing what people get on with and creates some of the best racing. I hope lots of people can make it for that 👍.

Im pretty sure ill be able to attend.

^I didn't like that because your trip got canceled ;)^. Hopefully we can try out the Caterhams, the Karts and whatever else has been mentioned, obviously if you have any ideas on cars then bring them along so we can give them a try 👍.

Sorry I didn't make it... Woke up from a nap right before race time, didn't feel like rushing to make it in time.

Back