LCC Rocket Spot Race Series (stock) - March 23rd, 10pm GMTOpen 

• Thread starter MC-Chase
  • 1,113 comments
The solution to that will be the skateboard. No interior view to worry about:sly:

On topic: with Autumn ring being the first dynamic track of the season, will we see dynamic weather change?

I don't know, i haven't driven the shifter karts since 1.01. Are they any easier to handle because they sucked like hell when I used them back then. I love karts but I'm not sure, depends on the time too I guess.

You say that, but after Kaz decided a god damn space buggy was a valuable addition to the game I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if shopping trolleys came next, along with wheelbarrows and lawnmowers.

At least the lawnmower will sound right ;),

On topic... a late evening race could be a very intetesting option to me!

The solution to that will be the skateboard. No interior view to worry about:sly:

On topic: with Autumn ring being the first dynamic track of the season, will we see dynamic weather change?

You weren't there for Brands Hatch then ;). JohnnyPenso and me finished a 1, 2 finish with 0.009 seconds separating us, rain started on lap 20 of 30 and stuck for the rest of the race. Was rather epic and yes *fingers crossed* we will see the same at Autumn Ring, at least, i really hope we do!

Last edited:
I don't know, i haven't driven the shifter karts since 1.01. Are they any easier to handle because they sucked like hell when I used them back then. I love karts but I'm not sure, depends on the time too I guess.
:( I've found the shifter kart to be one of the most enjoyable things to race in GT6. I've seen lots of other people say they're terrible and impossible though, I wonder what's causing such a difference of opinion? Controller vs. wheel is the only thing I've come up with. It's a shame some people have a hard time though, the shifter kart can be a real hoot!

:( I've found the shifter kart to be one of the most enjoyable things to race in GT6. I've seen lots of other people say they're terrible and impossible though, I wonder what's causing such a difference of opinion? Controller vs. wheel is the only thing I've come up with. It's a shame some people have a hard time though, the shifter kart can be a real hoot!

I don't know, I just never caught on with it. I used to be pretty decent with the regular karts in GT5 too. I'll give them another go, maybe it will just take some getting used too.

I don't know, I just never caught on with it. I used to be pretty decent with the regular karts in GT5 too. I'll give them another go, maybe it will just take some getting used too.

I think the tracks pretty important. I'll drop a 10 minute session on my practice room tomorrow, or after the race Sunday, might help people decide if they want/don't want these things in a few months.

lol :lol:, sorry i was referring to the upcoming Autumn Ring race!

Haha, OK then, we'll start the race at 5PM and I'll try and get time progression so we finish at dusk. That's as long as no one has a big problem with us doing this.

Haha, OK then, we'll start the race at 5PM and I'll try and get time progression so we finish at dusk. That's as long as no one has a big problem with us doing this.
I've experimented with the time change a little bit. If you set it at 30 then 1 hour goes by in 2 minutes. I don't know what the range is at Autumn Ring, but for example, if it has a 12 hour range and you set it at 15 then it would take 48 minutes to cover those 12 hours. Our races are just a little longer than 48 minutes so that would work out just about right. If the range at Autumn Ring is greater than 12 then you'd want to increase the progression a bit, maybe around 17-20. But at Autumn Ring it doesn't get any later than dusk so just setting it at 15 would probably be fine regardless, not like you're going to overshoot it and end up in the dark. 👍

TLDR: put the starting time at the earliest option, put progression at 15, enjoy!

^I'm just going to ask you to sort the settings out for me on the day Brandon :P^

Felt like the Brands-Hatch race needed a few photo's so I've uploaded a couple including the grid, the pouring rain, and the photo finish!

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit.jpg
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_2.jpg

On a side-note I dropped in SNAIL's kart races this week, would reccomend them to whoever is free on Tuesday nights - they're a blast!

You say that, but after Kaz decided a god damn space buggy was a valuable addition to the game I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if shopping trolleys came next, along with wheelbarrows and lawnmowers.
Haha so true

Just a thought I was planning on experimenting with, does anyone here run the Rocket without ABS?

It was one Assist I loved having turned off in GT5 (although not for all cars), I guess it made me feel more hardcore! So was going to do the same again here!

It certainly made me focus and work more to get the best out of it!

@Kalem, nice rig setup. I have the same wheel and recently got the CSR Elite pedals and the (el cheepo) shifter set. The load cell on the brake pedal is great and I LOVE using the sequential shifter!

@H0bbsy, I didn't experiment with no abs much in GT5 but now that I'm very comfortable with the Rocket I plan on giving it a go. With my new pedals running without abs is much easier, the other day I was driving a car around for a while before I realized I had disabled the abs for that car at some point because I suddenly locked them up and slid off the track.....took about 5 laps! In GT5 with my old G27 pedals I would have locked them up in the first turn....and the second turn....and the third turn........you get the point.

Just a thought I was planning on experimenting with, does anyone here run the Rocket without ABS?

It was one Assist I loved having turned off in GT5 (although not for all cars), I guess it made me feel more hardcore! So was going to do the same again here!

It certainly made me focus and work more to get the best out of it!

I always found ABS off to be extremely hard to deal with on a pad hence why I always have it on. I am pretty friendly with some guys (TAM League - google them ;)) who always run without ABS, I'm sure I could hook you up with them if you wanted me to? They are incredibly fast though, roughly 3 seconds a lap faster than me around Brands-Hatch with a stock X-Bow, so don't expect a lot of battles without some hard work!

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer MC, but i think i have work cut out with you guys first!

Brandon, i use to have clubsports which are awesome its true. The thrustmaster is doing a good job though! Ill start experimenting tonight with it.

Just reading some other posts on ABS, and it looks like it might be bugged for online use :guilty:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/abs-0-in-gt6-may-not-be-as-bad-as-some-might-think.297306/

Will see what happens tonight!

That's odd, I had read that there was a bug with the brake bias (in v1.01, haven't heard it mentioned since) but it was the other way around. It didn't work in offline but did work in online. I think what may be happening is that each car now has very different characteristics with no ABS, some react like brake bias doesn't have an effect and some are the opposite. Or maybe not, it's just a theory. The couple of times I've driven without ABS were all online and I was able to lock them up but found it much easier to manage.

A bug in GT6?! Never...

I'll give it a try tonight (ABS off that is) I'm not expecting great things from myself though. Room should be open about 9:30.

Good news.....my poker night is usually on Wednesdays but it's been moved to Thursdays so I'll try to join you this evening. It probably won't be until closer to 6pm/11pm though, but if the room's open I'll hop in.

Back