LCC Rocket Spot Race Series (stock) - March 23rd, 10pm GMTOpen 

• Thread starter MC-Chase
  • 1,113 comments
I got a lot of work cut out for me. I could only lap at speeds in the 1:48's. My lap times were not consistent at all, and i could only do 2 clean laps out of the 10 i tried. :ouch:

I got a lot of work cut out for me. I could only lap at speeds in the 1:48's. My lap times were not consistent at all, and i could only do 2 clean laps out of the 10 i tried. :ouch:

Not everyone will be in the 44's so don't worry. I semi-fluked that time and I know a lot of people will be lapping similar to 48's so don't worry about it.

I do have one question. It has to do with track boundaries at the chicane on the back stretch. I normally think of curbs as part of the track and will run over them if it works depending on the car, track, and if I can hit my apex. With the chicane I was really just trying to make sure my right tires didn't go over the right edge of the curb. I realized though since the curb is so wide and flat that I was sometimes putting my left wheels up on it, but the right wheels could still stay on. I'm thinking that is probably okay, but any thoughts on it? I practiced with penalties on too and never triggered one. (Not that that means much)

I generally try to keep at least two wheels touching a curb, the other two wheels will end up wherever they may. Because the curb at Monaco is so wide it is possible to have all 4 wheels on it at the same time and while technically that may be legal I had that big curb upset my car and toss it into the armco a couple times so I try not to be too aggressive with it. I've also found it can be quicker to go kind of wide around it because you get a better exit and more speed down the straight.

I do have one question. It has to do with track boundaries at the chicane on the back stretch. I normally think of curbs as part of the track and will run over them if it works depending on the car, track, and if I can hit my apex. With the chicane I was really just trying to make sure my right tires didn't go over the right edge of the curb. I realized though since the curb is so wide and flat that I was sometimes putting my left wheels up on it, but the right wheels could still stay on. I'm thinking that is probably okay, but any thoughts on it? I practiced with penalties on too and never triggered one. (Not that that means much)

Yeah, I was going to bring this up in the room before the race as it's near impossible to spell it out somewhere everyone will see it before-hand. Off-side tires are allowed to run on the curbs, just try not to get all wheels beyond that. This is a series focused on having fun - I'm certainly not interested in dishing out penalties, so if you mess up a little, don't worry about it, just ease off the throttle a little to make sure you didn't gain an advantage and that's fine by me.

Nice setup Brandon, ive been itching to get a triple screen rig setup... still working on one i can fold away though!

So far GT6 doesn't support triple screens but Jordan said someone at PD confirmed it would be in the game. I'm guessing it will come when we get 3D support, I think that's how it went down in GT5. It is marvelous though and really transforms the experience, also gives a sense of speed which I had never felt in a racing game. Makes going two-wide through a turn a lot easier too.

I am in the exact same boat as you. My fastest was 1:47.5 but I'm averaging in the 1:48 and 1:49's.

I am in the exact same boat as you. My fastest was 1:47.5 but I'm averaging in the 1:48 and 1:49's.

Keep at it guys 👍. Remember slip-stream is going to be set to weak from real on Monaco so the deficit won't be so apparent, with battles going on ahead lap times shouldn't be totally relevant in the race; PASSING on the other hand, well that's a whole other story :P.

Don't forget everybody, racing is in a couple hours.

I should be able to make it as long as i don't have to go to the grocery store :P

Thanks Brutaka, room should be open a bit before 9:30 - everyone reading this, if you could add Brandon that would be great 👍.

Chase and I have both run into some connection issues recently so if you have both of us on your list you should be able to see the room even if one of us has problems. 👍

Great racing all. If I can eliminate the 1 or 2 little mistakes I always seem to make I think I might have a chance of winning one of these. That was one of the most intense event I've ever done, felt like a proper race. Really like this car. 👍
image.jpg
image.jpg

So I finally start the race and start getting excited, and no more than 5 minutes in...

"You have been disconnected"

That 🤬 made me mad. I guess my mom thought it was a good idea to update her 🤬 status on facebook.

I think I'm going to wait until I get better internet (Which is a maybe, we've been contemplating on it forever). I might join the shorter races, but with a family like I have I don't think my connection would be reliable enough to last the full regular length race.

I'll try and keep my eye on the thread. Maybe throw some laps down at the track your running and see where I would stand. The good thing is I learned a little bit while I was in the room with you guys (Ex. I would run 1st gear where some of you would run 2nd)

But...

tumblr_inline_mhb79gcEcX1qz4rgp.gif

So I finally start the race and start getting excited, and no more than 5 minutes in...

"You have been disconnected"

That 🤬 made me mad. I guess my mom thought it was a good idea to update her 🤬 status on facebook.

I think I'm going to wait until I get better internet (Which is a maybe, we've been contemplating on it forever).

It's unlikely it's your connection. I was kicked about mid-race where I was fighting for the lead in Watermelons vintage series this morning (I was extremely annoyed by this I can assure you); Ninth_wonder also had similar connection issues today. If you can make it you should come next week because I'd like to get Brandon to host (hopefully, I haven't asked him yet :P!) because I'm sure things will be more fluid.

Great race though, I was clearly behind Slalom (man, those starts 0_0!) and Brandon in overall raw pace but I got on the back of Brandon's gearbox on lap 26 before making a mistake and loosing 3 seconds again; highly looking forward to Autumn Ring! These things look damn near heroic around Monaco, I'll be uploading pics soon - after I check out Brutaka and Nemesis' 10 lap battle on the replay ;).

Heck of a race today! I couldn't keep pace with the top 3 and a couple of dumb mistakes put me completely out of touch... But I had fun pushing to stretch out my lead over 5th and 6th, looked like you two had a nice battle. Can't wait for Autumn Ring next week!

It's unlikely it's your connection. I was kicked about mid-race where I was fighting for the lead in Watermelons vintage series this morning (I was extremely annoyed by this I can assure you); Ninth_wonder also had similar connection issues today. If you can make it you should come next week because I'd like to get Brandon to host (hopefully, I haven't asked him yet :P!) because I'm sure things will be more fluid.

I don't know, my connection is pure 🤬 at times. But when I disconnected this time I was lagging about 2 seconds before, usually it's at random. I don't want my connection to ruin another's race.

I'll think about giving it a go one more time. if there is a practice race or something I'd like to enter it this time and see if my connection can hold up.

I don't know, my connection is pure 🤬 at times. But when I disconnected this time I was lagging about 2 seconds before, usually it's at random. I don't want my connection to ruin another's race.

I'll think about giving it a go one more time. if there is a practice race or something I'd like to enter it this time and see if my connection can hold up.

I'll be hosting a little practice on Wednesday, maybe 11pm GMT which I think is about 6pm or something for you guys in Canada?

Côte d'Azur.jpg
Côte d'Azur_1.jpg
Côte d'Azur_2.jpg
Côte d'Azur_3.jpg

Bet you're regretting that slow exit on lap 25 now Brutaka! Very clean, you guys could have done with another 5 laps, that was getting good!

Last edited:
It was good fun, even after i got past. Brutaka kept the pressure on me... I was making plenty of small mistakes which stopped me getting away.
Its a hard circuit to pass on, I think I spent a couple of laps just trying to sit as close as I could to find a good spot where I was faster, so I was somewhat glad for the mistake which allowed me to out drag Brutaka in the tunnel, but on the flip side it left me with that anti-climax felling after all the hard work of catching you up!

A few laps earlier we caught up Torzilla (i think), which made for some added tension and potential opportunities. However I accidentally short shifted and blew it... hate that the engine noise fades and gets lost when in a crowd!

I stayed up after to review and take some pics, unfortunately they do not seem to have saved to my usb stick! I'll post some later perhaps.

Its good that I know there will be others at my level, close battles are where the fun is at. Good racing guys, looking forward to the next one.

It was good fun, even after i got past. Brutaka kept the pressure on me... I was making plenty of small mistakes which stopped me getting away.
Its a hard circuit to pass on, I think I spent a couple of laps just trying to sit as close as I could to find a good spot where I was faster, so I was somewhat glad for the mistake which allowed me to out drag Brutaka in the tunnel, but on the flip side it left me with that anti-climax felling after all the hard work of catching you up!

A few laps earlier we caught up Torzilla (i think), which made for some added tension and potential opportunities. However I accidentally short shifted and blew it... hate that the engine noise fades and gets lost when in a crowd!

I stayed up after to review and take some pics, unfortunately they do not seem to have saved to my usb stick! I'll post some later perhaps.

Its good that I know there will be others at my level, close battles are where the fun is at. Good racing guys, looking forward to the next one.

Thanks for coming, you provided probably the best replay moments! Should be hosting a bit of practice Wednesday if you're around, mics open if you have one.

I should be around to turn a few laps in. I will very likely be getting in as much practise as I can!

Wanted to ask, what other leagues or series do you guys know of like this, that run at night (after 9pm UK time)

I should be around to turn a few laps in. I will very likely be getting in as much practise as I can!

Wanted to ask, what other leagues or series do you guys know of like this, that run at night (after 9pm UK time)

Not a clue to be honest, most series have long lists of rules and points systems (I can't stand either nowerdays), I was involved in a few leagues in GT5 but I never hosted until this one. Brandon has lots of experience hosting though, I'd ask him - I think he has some plans to start a few series when the community update comes. I'd also like to host a 6-speed kart series but we'll see about that one. Watermelonpunch's vintage series is always a good laugh but it's not an evening series for us unfortunately.

EDIT: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/orca-general-discussion.273504/ this is Brandon's thread, you might want to keep an eye on it 👍.

Last edited:
If/when I run something I usually do two days and one is a Saturday (around 8pm GMT) so our fine Euro friends can join us. I don't have a time line yet and I don't know if the ORCA name will carry over from GT5 but I really enjoy racing with drivers on the other side of the pond and always try to accommodate. 👍

If/when I run something I usually do two days and one is a Saturday (around 8pm GMT) so our fine Euro friends can join us. I don't have a time line yet and I don't know if the ORCA name will carry over from GT5 but I really enjoy racing with drivers on the other side of the pond and always try to accommodate. 👍

I normally work Saturday nights =[

I will keep my eyes open for something, i used to run in the zero cup on GT5 and warrius is doing again for GT6, but its a little to early for me with the kids!

Im sure something will come up... like tomorrow for one thing!!!

I had a good time for a bit there, but I was not at all able to wring another second or two out of the car to stay competitive. My laps were relatively consistent but I was definitely missing pace. May be the track as it is one I enjoy but not one I am very quick on.

I did notice I had a great deal of understeer on the back side of the track at the 180 degree hairpin plus the entry on to the back straight. I could honestly feel the front end of the car chattering. I checked the rules and it appears I am not permitted to fit the adjustable suspension so I do not know how to eliminate that chatter unless I change my driving habits, perhaps a different line selection.

Anyway, I never step back from a challenge so we will see how I do next week, looking forward to the next race. Thank you for hosting and organizing this event.

View attachment 98916 View attachment 98917 View attachment 98918 View attachment 98919

Bet you're regretting that slow exit on lap 25 now Brutaka! Very clean, you guys could have done with another 5 laps, that was getting good!

Great photos too. I did however change my paint scheme. There is a small Lotus 11 vintage car that races here in the Northwest that is polished bare metal, so I did that paint scheme for mi Rocket. Should look different in the next event's photos.

Back