LCC Rocket Spot Race Series (stock) - March 23rd, 10pm GMTOpen 

• Thread starter MC-Chase
  • 1,113 comments
Just tried the rocket for the first time, it's a great little car! 135.8 I think was my fastest. I guess someone has to bring up end of the pack. Mc-chase I sent you a friend request, and I think I can make tomorrow. Not 100% though.

Don't worry, it's all for a laugh and we have a few other guys who will lap similar I'm sure. I'll accept the request in a bit. Look forward to catching you all tomorrow guys.

EDIT: No, I've put a total of about 90 minutes of laps in this week so haven't bothered doing a run-though on tires. generally speaking wear is extremely low on these cars so a 1 stop stratergy about mid-way though seems to be what most people do.

Chase I wont be racing tonight Im sorry :P btw My times are no lower then 35, mostly 36 ish, but thats not the reason lol =)

I ran a few practice laps offline, then I tried online, and I don't notice a huge difference in handling characteristics, not much at all really, but my lap times are over two seconds slower.

Did anyone else get disconnected because "You must accept the new terms and conditions"?

EDIT: I can't make it in now, my dad apparently owns the tv now :(

Did anyone else get disconnected because "You must accept the new terms and conditions"?

EDIT: I can't make it in now, my dad apparently owns the tv now :(

Wondered where you went! Don't worry Turbo - there's always next time.

Good race all in all, Brandon kept me on my toes so much for the first 10 laps I decided I couldn't deal with the pressure and did an early pit :P. I think the clean air did me some favours. I'm looking forward to the replay, there seemed to be a lot of place swapping throughout the race.

That was great fun guys, i can't wait to do it again.

For the next race i am free any Saturday or Sunday except the ones 2 weeks from now.

It was definitely a fun race. Good cars, but the visibility is a challenge. Sorry to whoever I almost nudged off track going around turn one to two at the bottom of the first straight on the first or second lap. I kept checking my mirrors and thought it was clear to the side and that you were behind me, and then had the blind spot thing flashing. (I don't think we had contact though) but Sorry. It was the longest race I have done with others, and was quite fun. Very clean racing throughout as well. I was behind Brandon for a long time and doing okay, but once I ended up passing by and he was behind me I was nervous and wasn't too far from losing it a few times.
Mc did you really out early to not have Brandon behind you? I'm not sure if you were joking or not, but it's actually a pretty good idea, I may use that sometime! By the way mc do you know what your fastest lap of the race was or what the fastest one from anyone was? I'm curious how far off I was.

I hope to run future races if I am available. Weekends should work for me at that time, or 7-10pm pst during the week could be a possibility.

It was definitely a fun race. Good cars, but the visibility is a challenge. Sorry to whoever I almost nudged off track going around turn one to two at the bottom of the first straight on the first or second lap. I kept checking my mirrors and thought it was clear to the side and that you were behind me, and then had the blind spot thing flashing. (I don't think we had contact though) but Sorry. It was the longest race I have done with others, and was quite fun. Very clean racing throughout as well. I was behind Brandon for a long time and doing okay, but once I ended up passing by and he was behind me I was nervous and wasn't too far from losing it a few times.
Mc did you really out early to not have Brandon behind you? I'm not sure if you were joking or not, but it's actually a pretty good idea, I may use that sometime! By the way mc do you know what your fastest lap of the race was or what the fastest one from anyone was? I'm curious how far off I was.

Nah, I'm dead serious lol, check the replay - I was making mistakes all over the place with Brandon keeping the pressure so I ducked out lap 10 for clean air and to get some fast times in. It worked this time, but don't always expect it to! As for fastest laps, no idea, you were lapping fast at the end there, I managed a 32.7 on lap 26 or something though I have no real idea where that came from.

I'll be uploading some photos in a bit guys, I'm going to suggest same time/day next week. Brandon called Monaco - so that's where we'll be next. Any suggestions for the week after that? Bear in mind the low gearing of these things so we need small circuits.

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_3.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_1.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_2.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_4.jpg

Looks like you had a good time! Monaco should be interesting. What about GT Arena for the week after?

Is that the kart track?

EDIT: Yeah I just checked. It looks OK, don't think we'd get out of second gear but if that's what people are down for then that's fine by me.

Is that the kart track?

EDIT: Yeah I just checked. It looks OK, don't think we'd get out of second gear but if that's what people are down for then that's fine by me.

Errr, maybe it will be too tight, Cape Ring Inside perhaps? I'm just spitting out random tracks.

A pleasure to have you there, are you available next week at the same time? Monaco was your suggestion so I'll move dates/times if you need me to.
Same time should work for me. I'll try to test some more tracks and let you know the good ones I find.

I'm going to set slip-stream strength to 'weak' as opposed to 'real' next race if no one objects to this too much. I'd like to encourage a bit of overtaking and I think the extra meter or two gained on the straights from this might help.

A pleasure to have you there, are you available next week at the same time? Monaco was your suggestion so I'll move dates/times if you need me to.

Sorry I missed the race it sounds like it was fun. I plan to be available next weekend, Monaco sounds great.

I did some thorough testing of the tracks yesterday and have compiled a quick reference for you to use. The tracks listed as "yes" means the Rocket has enough gear, the ones listed as "no" means the Rocket does not have enough gear. For the "yes" tracks I gave them a star rating indicating whether I think they will provide good and/or fun racing. 4 stars is the highest and means it will produce either good or fun racing, 1 star means that while the Rocket has enough gear to run there the racing would be rubbish or the track has some problem areas (Matterhorn, I'm looking at you) that will surely cause multiple incidents and ruin races.

A good rule of thumb is to look at the longest straight (this is listed in the track menu in the lobby), look for tracks with the longest straight under .4 miles/.65km. This doesn't always apply though, if you enter the straight from low speed you can handle a longer straight but if you enter it in 3rd or 4th gear you need a short straight. My criteria for determining if a track was acceptable was that I must have around 500rpm left before redline at the end of the straight, since the limiter hits about 300-400rpm past redline this would leave 800-900rpm left to allow for slipstream speed. (NOTE: If we switch slipstream to weak instead of real it might make us hit the limiter sooner on some tracks)

I didn't bother testing Kart Space or GT Arena, those might be good for a laugh but not for real racing. I also didn't test or list tracks like Monza, La Sarthe, NürbNord or ovals since they obviously won't work. A few of the "no" tracks I listed based on their very long straight and didn't actually test them. Silverstone is one of these but I intend to test it as it might actually work, I doubt it though. Trial Mountain was borderline, I would barely touch the limiter at the end of the straight but that was just because it suddenly goes down hill at the end. There are a few others I didn't test but I think I got a lot of them covered.

Rocket Tracks

Yes:
**** Autumn Ring Reverse (not forward)
** Autumn Ring Mini
**** Silverstone: Stowe (will need to discuss track boundaries)
**** Tsukuba
*** Tsukuba w/ MotoGP chicane
** Eiger Short
* Matterhorn Short Track (IMO this track should never be used)
** Streets of Willow
*** Brands Hatch (both)
*** Laguna Seca
*** Monaco
* Twin Ring Motegi West

No:
> Autumn Ring Forward (could work in a pinch)
> Suzuka, Suzuka East
> SSR 5 & Clubman (all directions)
> Cape Ring (all versions)
> Matterhorn Dristelen, Riffelsee, Rotenboden
> Silverstone National, International & GP
> Grand Valley (all versions)
> Madrid, Madrid Mini (all directions)
> Rome (both)
> Deep Forest (both)
> Nurburgring (all versions)
> Apricot Hill
> Big Willow
> Trial Mountain (Forward version could work in a pinch)
> Twin Ring Motegi (Speedway, East and Full)

I did some thorough testing of the tracks yesterday and have compiled a quick reference for you to use. The tracks listed as "yes" means the Rocket has enough gear, the ones listed as "no" means the Rocket does not have enough gear. For the "yes" tracks I gave them a star rating indicating whether I think they will provide good and/or fun racing. 4 stars is the highest and means it will produce either good or fun racing, 1 star means that while the Rocket has enough gear to run there the racing would be rubbish or the track has some problem areas (Matterhorn, I'm looking at you) that will surely cause multiple incidents and ruin races.

A good rule of thumb is to look at the longest straight (this is listed in the track menu in the lobby), look for tracks with the longest straight under .4 miles/.65km. This doesn't always apply though, if you enter the straight from low speed you can handle a longer straight but if you enter it in 3rd or 4th gear you need a short straight. My criteria for determining if a track was acceptable was that I must have around 500rpm left before redline at the end of the straight, since the limiter hits about 300-400rpm past redline this would leave 800-900rpm left to allow for slipstream speed. (NOTE: If we switch slipstream to weak instead of real it might make us hit the limiter sooner on some tracks)

I didn't bother testing Kart Space or GT Arena, those might be good for a laugh but not for real racing. I also didn't test or list tracks like Monza, La Sarthe, NürbNord or ovals since they obviously won't work. A few of the "no" tracks I listed based on their very long straight and didn't actually test them. Silverstone is one of these but I intend to test it as it might actually work, I doubt it though. Trial Mountain was borderline, I would barely touch the limiter at the end of the straight but that was just because it suddenly goes down hill at the end. There are a few others I didn't test but I think I got a lot of them covered.

Rocket Tracks

Yes:
**** Autumn Ring Reverse (not forward)
** Autumn Ring Mini
**** Silverstone: Stowe (will need to discuss track boundaries)
**** Tsukuba
*** Tsukuba w/ MotoGP chicane
** Eiger Short
* Matterhorn Short Track (IMO this track should never be used)
** Streets of Willow
*** Brands Hatch (both)
*** Laguna Seca
*** Monaco
* Twin Ring Motegi West

No:
> Autumn Ring Forward
> Suzuka, Suzuka East
> SSR 5 & Clubman (all directions)
> Cape Ring (all versions)
> Matterhorn Dristelen, Riffelsee, Rotenboden
> Silverstone National, International & GP
> Grand Valley (all versions)
> Madrid, Madrid Mini (all directions)
> Rome (both)
> Deep Forest (both)
> Nurburgring (all versions)
> Apricot Hill
> Big Willow
> Trial Mountain (Forward version could work in a pinch)
> Twin Ring Motegi (Speedway, East and Full)

First off, let me thank you very much for that incredibly detailed list; that's quite clearly a very competent list that will prove very helpful I'm certain.

I was hoping you would be about tonight (I logged off GT6 about an hour ago) so we could have a chat about some tracks, and perhaps get a calendar sorted. When are you next about?

(For the record I absolutely detest Matterhorn).

No problem, IMO selecting a quality track for organized racing is very important so I'm just trying to help your venture be successful. 👍 Plus, I had a snow-day off work yesterday so had plenty of time. :) Oh, and so far I detest Matterhorn too, most versions are rubbish in any car with decent power. It's the Cape Ring of GT6, they spent god knows how much time working on it and it's basically useless. I feel that way about most of the "original" circuits though, Grand Valley and Apricot Hill are great but the rest are kinda terrible for clean racing (including the city circuits). At least we got a couple new world circuits, although I'm not real big on Ascari.

I can try to be on tomorrow around 6pm EST/11pm GMT if you'll be up that late.

No problem, IMO selecting a quality track for organized racing is very important so I'm just trying to help your venture be successful. 👍 Plus, I had a snow-day off work yesterday so had plenty of time. :) Oh, and so far I detest Matterhorn too, most versions are rubbish in any car with decent power. It's the Cape Ring of GT6, they spent god knows how much time working on it and it's basically useless. I feel that way about most of the "original" circuits though, Grand Valley and Apricot Hill are great but the rest are kinda terrible for clean racing (including the city circuits). At least we got a couple new world circuits, although I'm not real big on Ascari.

I can try to be on tomorrow around 6pm EST/11pm GMT if you'll be up that late.

I can be around then. I'll shoot on for around 11:tup:.

Back