Legendary cars dealer refresh

• Thread starter sejtur
  • 8,646 comments
1000013162.png

I'm a bit confused nobody has mentioned so far that the F1 has a "price up" arrow.

The Le Mans 24H got me in the mood to grind Le Mans enough to nab the CLK-LM just in time before it disappeared. After this and the F1 I think I need a grinding break.

I have to admit the logic behind what they're doing with special picks is starting to confuse me. Does anybody have a good idea as to what the logic is now? I get the part where weekly challenge cars like the GT500s last week (or the kei cars in the UCD) show up, but this current roster I can't make sense of.

I have to admit the logic behind what they're doing with special picks is starting to confuse me. Does anybody have a good idea as to what the logic is now? I get the part where weekly challenge cars like the GT500s last week (or the kei cars in the UCD) show up, but this current roster I can't make sense of.
#pdlogic

They could be back to featuring cars that are popular on wish lists. This is the first time in several weeks that a special pick appeared heading into Tuesday morning in both Hagerty's and the UCD, which is how it was when the program started as a way to get "popular" cars extra appearances.

Last edited:
is there any sort of objective evidence that they've ever done things in response to people's wishlists or is it just an assumption? I find it hard to believe that PD -who seem to operate in some bubble universe where players don't even exist - would be watching wishlists and putting cars up in response.

is there any sort of objective evidence that they've ever done things in response to people's wishlists or is it just an assumption? I find it hard to believe that PD -who seem to operate in some bubble universe where players don't even exist - would be watching wishlists and putting cars up in response.
It's what they said they were doing when they first implemented extra slots in the dealerships at Christmas 2022:
From 23 December, the most popular cars from all players' Wishlists will be available to purchase at the 'Used Cars' and 'Legend Cars' dealerships.
Also, from memory they were overwhelmingly cars that were part of Extra Menus at the time, which is the only place you can wishlist a car without it being in stock.

I don't know what it is but I just can't bring myself to even do an hour on Spa daily to reach 20 million. It's so monotonous and relying solely on the weekly challenges to accumulate credits would take months to get just one 20 million car.
What I can't understand is Hagerty's price fluctuations. The BMW McLaren F1 GTR was 14 million and now it's shot up to 20. Is that a real world inflation figure? 250 GTO costs 10s millions in the real world so what's this 20 million cap all about??

What I can't understand is Hagerty's price fluctuations. The BMW McLaren F1 GTR was 14 million and now it's shot up to 20. Is that a real world inflation figure? 250 GTO costs 10s millions in the real world so what's this 20 million cap all about??
The F1 price increase is really puzzling to me too, it went for a light 6 mil at its last auction in '14 and even with inflation that doesn't make sense

I bought the '69 Mustang last night to replace the other one I recently sold. Why you ask? Well the other one had a full weight reduction and an engine swap, which made it pretty bad to drive. As I couldn't undo the mods, I sold it. For the "new" car, I kept the weight as standard and fully tuned the engine like I did with the Chevelle. I equipped the widebody again but I was concerned that the car would have steering issues, and less than a minute into my run at Le Mans, the front wheels got stuck in the arches as soon I turned in to Tetra Rouge. To combat this, I got the steering angle adapter and raised the ride height. After that the car was just fine.

To limit the time and effort required to obtain the car.

Okay that's fine but that means that the fluctuating in-game prices are not based on any real world values. It's all simply made up. Since when was the McLaren F1 so expensive, same price as a 250 GTO. Yeah, right.

Okay that's fine but that means that the fluctuating in-game prices are not based on any real world values. It's all simply made up. Since when was the McLaren F1 so expensive, same price as a 250 GTO. Yeah, right.
of course it is made up, and moreover when you try to sell a car 15 seconds after buying it, you are lucky if you recoup more than half the price, although it is a legendary car that should sell at least for the same price as 15 seconds before

Funny you mention it, the McLaren F1 does actually go for about $20m at real-life auctions. I also think that the 20m credit price point, like for the 250 GTO, is merely a cap, as a 250 GTO can usually go for at least $40 or $50 million at auction.

Last edited:
No, it means that real life valuation isn’t the only criteria.

Back