Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,134 comments
The only thing I wish to know is what happens at end of life re the 100s of cars that are NOT available via the Backstage Pass. Will we get them added to buy via a Collection screen, similar to FM7?
Just found out myself--all the Festival Playlist cars will be added to the Backstage Pass and you can use Forzathon Points to get them.
1719335205095.png

Last edited:
Just found out myself--all the Festival Playlist cars will be added to the Backstage Pass and you can use Forzathon Points to get them.
View attachment 1367629
Sounds good to me and should help out a lot of people 👍
I hope they reorder them alphabetically so that it is easier to locate them, the current order is a mess.
For me, apart from preorder cars, the only car I'm missing is that damn Toyota Corolla 1974... :lol:

This also potentially sets a precedent for FH5 and FM23 at their end of life. FH4 was the first Forza game to not have a standard 4 year lifespan. For FH5, they could add Forzathon points as a new option to buy in the "Collection" screen?

So - FH4 getting delisted this year would put it at being on the market for 6 years.

This would mean FH5 theoretically will get listed in 2027, if they have negotiated the same licensing agreements for 5 as 4.

Hopefully by then a new Horizon game is out haha!

All of the individual DLC for FH4 has been delisted too (outside of the Deluxe/Ultimate Edition content) so that means there is no longer anyway to get the Hot Wheels Legends DLC on storefronts. I didn't get that pack so I'm going to have to go through a key reseller to get it, just an FYI for anyone out there. Also not sure what that means for the Free Mitsubishi DLC as well, not sure if that content will just be unavailable now.

FH4: Issue with dlc cars:
Not able to select any of them, tells me I don’t own them

The same thing is happening here, I have the ULTIMATE version bought in the store at launch, I have all the DLCs and it gives the message to go to the store and buy it ( MITISUBISHI, FORMULA DRIFT PACK, … )

T10ManteoMaxCommunity Manager :
Please submit a ticket at Forza Support so they can look into it.

1719374412962.png

Last edited:
Just a reminder there’s still a week and a half to respond to the Forza Retrowave feedback thread. No surprise, my feedback was rather positive.

FH4: Issue with dlc cars:
Not able to select any of them, tells me I don’t own them

The same thing is happening here, I have the ULTIMATE version bought in the store at launch, I have all the DLCs and it gives the message to go to the store and buy it ( MITISUBISHI, FORMULA DRIFT PACK, … )

T10ManteoMaxCommunity Manager :
Please submit a ticket at Forza Support so they can look into it.

View attachment 1367736

FH4: DLCs ERROR and DELISTING

- I'm playing on XBOX ONE and CLOUD

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240626-064203-478.png
    Screenshot_20240626-064203-478.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Um yeah, that's about FH3. Hot Wheels was never an FH4 (edit) expansion pack (we got Treasure Island and Lego, remember).

I also had trouble installing the FH3 expansion packs on a new PC after it was delisted, but I found a link which worked and got them installed in the end. I expect similar for FH4 unless they have improved their system.

This is the FH4 Xbox Store link - it's clearly not delisted yet:

P.S. Since FH4 isn't delisted yet and you are likely talking about FH3, here's those links for you:

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/forza-horizon-3-blizzard-mountain/9nblggh42rl1
https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/forza-horizon-3-hot-wheels/9nhpkzzpbcw1

Access those links in a web browser while logged into your Microsoft account, then click "install to: PC". It works.

As for DLC car packs, I never found a way to get them back after delisting in FH3.

Last edited:
Um yeah, that's about FH3. Hot Wheels was never an FH4 DLC pack (we got Treasure Island and Lego, remember).
The Forza Horizon 4 Hot Wheels™️ Legends Car Pack disagrees. You’re confusing DLCs with expansions.
650f778f-8220-400f-9ff1-4fece308cc02.png

I fired up the game to see what was going on. Unfortunately, I can’t access either the Hot Wheels or Fortune Island expansion, or the cars included in those expansions. Neither can I access the Welcome Pack, Hot Wheels, Mitsubishi, or Formula Drift DLCs. I submitted a support ticket. Oddly enough, there are eight other DLC packs I do have access to.

Last edited:
If you got DLC through game sharing and didn’t pay for them you have lost them. All stand alone DLC for FH4 was delisted yesterday afternoon which means it is no longer possible to buy the following

Mitsubishi Car Pack
James Bond Car Pack
Welcome Pack
Hot Wheels Legends Tour Car Pack
Treasure Map

The Forza Horizon 4 Hot Wheels™️ Legends Car Pack disagrees. You’re confusing DLCs with expansions.
View attachment 1367823

I fired up the game to see what was going on. Unfortunately, I can’t access either the Hot Wheels or Fortune Island expansion, or the cars included in those expansions. Neither can I access the Welcome Pack, Hot Wheels, Mitsubishi, or Formula Drift DLCs. I submitted a support ticket. Oddly enough, there are eight other DLC packs I do have access to.
I was confused. DLC pack didn't mean "DLC Car Pack" to me. Clarified in my post above.
I didn't realise from the post earlier that DLC Car Packs have been delisted already, that was a surprise.

Edit: I can confirm that owners who have FH4 installed should remain able to access every single car from all car packs, including those delisted. If you lose access despite having the packs owned and installed on your Xbox/PC, something is wrong.

Last edited:
Yeah, a ticket for this is good. I just fired up my PC installation of FH4 and I have access to every single car still, including ones from all 4 packs you have issue with.

That said, the free DLC pack (Mitsubishi) might be an issue. The only way to find out is to try. Sooner rather than later, I would suggest.

For the purposes of comparison, I had a look at my FH3 install again.

As I said, I installed it on the PC after delisting, and it took effort to get the 2 expansions installed.
In terms of DLC car packs:

• I have all car packs from the Ultimate Edition (from the All Stars to the Duracel packs on that link), they work no problem.
  • I have access to the Hoonigan Pack (perk of buying FM7).
  • I also have the GTA Spano, even though the 1-car car pack isn't listed.
  • The Mountain Dew car pack cars show up in the Autoshow, but I can't "buy" the car pack even though it's free since it's not listed anymore. My fault for not downloading the car pack while FH3 was still listed.
  • The Porsche car pack was paid, and likewise I can see the cars in the Autoshow, but I can't purchase them or the pack since it's not listed anymore.

So in comparative terms, it's a few DLC car packs which are at risk in FH4, namely the ones which are not part of the Car Pass or specifically part of an edition (like the Bond cars are part of the Ultimate Edition). That leaves the Welcome Pack, Mitsubishi Pack, Drift Pack and paid Hot Wheels Pack as the 4 which are potentially not going to install if you put FH4 onto a new PC/Xbox.

Last edited:
If you got DLC through game sharing and didn’t pay for them you have lost them. All stand alone DLC for FH4 was delisted yesterday afternoon which means it is no longer possible to buy the following

Mitsubishi Car Pack
James Bond Car Pack
Welcome Pack
Hot Wheels Legends Tour Car Pack
Treasure Map

It’s amazing how they give a heads up on the game being delisted months from now but wipes away the DLC already with no warning at all.

It’s amazing how they give a heads up on the game being delisted months from now but wipes away the DLC already with no warning at all.
A valid point, but we need to confirm what "buy" really means. I expect that anyone who owned those DLC car packs over the last 6 years that FH4 was listed on the store will be able to re-download them. It's only people who never got them during those 6 years who have now missed out (and that should be a tiny group of people, let's be honest).

FH4 moving to a delisted status may mean that we will get news of the next FH by the 3rd/4th quarter of this year (save this post). On the other hand, I fully own the game/DLCs, but I don't return to it very often since FH5 launched. It probably has to do with the fact that, for me, anything above A class is not enjoyable to drive around. And well, I'm in my home turf.

Yeah I wonder about that sometimes. I know with Horizon Retrowave they calculated things so that the N Vision would be available for World Geek Day, but... since Kia is owned by Hyundai, and both the EV6 and the Ioniq 5 are EVs, I wonder if part of the plan for this Series was to release them both at the same time for brand synergy. Tomorrow's Daily Challenge is just to redeem a Wheelspin, after all.

So which car did you guys pick for the "world's fastest car" photo challenge?

They probably confused many people with the Jesko in the picture not counting, including me. I then swapped to a Veyron (which was definitely world's fastest at one point) and that counted.

But that's a boring choice. A McLaren F1 was probably less boring, but what about 1980's or 1970's cars?

(edit: Ah, here's wikipedia to the rescue: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Production_car_speed_record huh, the F1 isn't there...)

What did you guys pick? I want to know how well PG programmed this challenge...

Last edited:

They probably confused many people with the Jesko in the picture not counting, including me. I then swapped to a Veyron (which was definitely world's fastest at one point) and that counted.

But that's a boring choice. A McLaren F1 was probably less boring, but what about 1980's or 1970's cars?

(edit: Ah, here's wikipedia to the rescue: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Production_car_speed_record huh, the F1 isn't there...)

Chiron worked but not the Venom F5 or the Jesko

I picked the Chiron. Strange that they didn´t list the F1 though 🤔

Back