Let's Make A Car List For GT4

Status
Not open for further replies.
94-96 chevy impala SS!!
93+ lincoln MARKVIII!!
94+ pontiac boneville
and as many classic cars as possable, why the hell do they pick all the ugly 60s cars!? get some 90 caddy with the northstar V8! what the hells wrong with them!?

I'd like private companies like TVR , Morgan, and such like.

Also the AGM WLR
wlraero3.jpg

Imagine flying round Tskuba in that, with a Radical behind you:drool:

I'm not a big fan of that 'thing' either. But the Eldorado looks stupid too, IMHO. It's not in it's place in a GT game. It's to bulky old and flashy looking.

Originally posted by Lamboracer
sorry just checkin if i can post
it wont let me post on a thread anyone kno why

Has the thread been closed?

Originally posted by Hyperglide
I'm not a big fan of that 'thing' either. But the Eldorado looks stupid too, IMHO. It's not in it's place in a GT game. It's to bulky old and flashy looking.
???? you mean tthe eldorado in my sig? na that could never be in GT4, its a 1953 model, i would like more cars from the 60s & 70s though

Ya I did... hehe I thought that was a part of your post originally. Still haven't gotten used to the signatures around here.

/\
l l
l l
See up there? That's your signature! Wow!
I'm so patronising:D

If there is anything like that it should be drag racing only and have nothing at all to do with the rest of the game.

I had to join up just to make this reply. I have seen a few car lists floating around the internet on which cars would be in GT4, and once again the one car that I had hoped to be there was NOT on the list. This car basically set the standard for Hi-tech Fuel injected intercooled small diplacement turbo cars and inspired the imports to follow suit, but hardley ever gets any credit.
"The Buick Grand National". This car was the Quickest accelerating automobile mass produced during the 1980's only the Porsche 959 or the Ferrari F40 could beat it out. Those 2 cars were not Mass produced. Only a handful of F40's were in the states and just 3 959's.(one of which Bill Gates owned and drove to work daily!) If the Grand National does not belong in GT4 surely the GNX Does! It was equipped with a Nascar style 3 link rear suspension, 16"rims(in 87'). Which greatly enhanced the handling of the car. Bone Stock it outran a Vette by 1 full second in the quarter mile.0-60 in 4.6! The 1/4 times are on par with a bone stock latest model skyline and supra which are 10 years more advanced. If the GNX was included in GT4 it's modifications should be equal to that of the skyline, because today guys are getting over 1600hp out of them using whats left of the Buick motorsport blocks and parts that were being used in Busch Grand national and Indy car programs.
Another worthy Vehicle should be the 91' GMC AWD Syclone truck which is still to this day the worlds quickest truck.

yea man, thats the **** i like to hear, im tired of people sweating the ricer and italian cars

ive never heard of that buick but i HAVE heard of that drivetrain! in the dodge es500, the same body as the mustang at the time, i remember reading it gets low 14s in the 1/4 mile STOCK!! maybe thats wrong but my moms boss had one, thats where i heard about them and she said she smokes kids with rice mobiles at stop lights

Those Grand Nationals were crazy. They looked so damn intimidating with the all black plaint and all.

About having them in GT4, correct me if I am wrong but I've never really heard of a road racing GN(X). However if drag racing is a part of GT4 then this car will be a serious contender.

In the GT series it has allowed the user to modify each car to handle better.The same would apply to the GN/GNX.
For those who dont know, Buick won 3 Nascar championships with the regal body back in the 80's. Using the V6 motor the car was successful in Trans Am racing,making 500HP N/A style! Remeber that were talking early-Mid 80's too.Running in the IMSA events using Turbo Technology the car made 800HP with the same V-6, racing on the same tracks that are in GT. So yes the GN/GNX can handle well if set up properly.
Has anyone ever heard of the Silver state Classic? At one time a Turbo Regal participated in that event it was set up for road racing just like the ones I mentioned above and it was clocked well over 200mph during the straightaways.
on 1 list of cars for GT4 I seen KIA's on it! Cmon be real. 38 Honda's! Even a few Muscle cars which cant handle worth a crap either,but go fast in a straight line tho.

ooohhh! woops! i thought you were talking about something else, only 2000 grand nationals were made! 200hp and 300 torqe!! in a v6! its rareity makes it even more worthy of GT4, it also makes it easily overlooked

the gnx is my dream car. really. it makes such crazy power with so little mods, and looks more menacing than anything out there. I saw an 87 grand national for sale last month and was tempted (7000$ cnd) but I would then have to look for a winter car since i would likely kill myself driving it around here. sigh.

There were only 547 GNX's made in 87. The total GN's made from the 2 years that matter(86'-87') were 25,706. I own 1 of the late 87' GN's made in November of 87'. Had it dynoed a few years back, it was totaly stock including plugs,wires,exhaust,air filter etc. Miles were only at 29,000. The results were very impressive 240whp and 375lbft of torque at 2000rpm. Stock 1/4 times were 14.10's@105, 0-60 in 5.5. Just replacing the rims and tires(weld lites and Drag radials) the times dropped to 12.8 in the 1/4 and 4.3 0-60. The GN responds well to just bolt ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back