Let's Make A Car List For GT4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by silviadrifter
Yeah, the original Golf GTI (MK1) (USDM Rabbit), was a great car,)

Humm ...... a rabbit playing golf ....... :lol: Damned the manufacturers sometimes. Still hate it when some have specific different names for the same car only because they couldn't come up with one in the first place that wouldn't "market" elswhere with the same name. Always did give thumbs up to manufacturers who simply had number rather then name:P

Anyways ...... from now on I'll try to remember that I'm dealing with a wider audience and add the multiple names a certain car might have;)

Off-tread ....... does anyone actually know why the hell VW named it Rabbit for North America in the first place? After all, the following models did take the proper Golf name, same as elwhere (I think). And wasn't there a Rabbit back in Europe that eventually turned out to become the Lupo? :confused: :banghead:

Humm......... I've got to take time to do some research sometimes:lol:

Welcome to GTPlanet RIFLEW
Sure, the Maseratis would be an orginal addition, but will the younger generation appreciate and recognise the older models?

Originally posted by RIFLEW
Im new to GTP and I think there should be Maseratties in GT4.:cool:

Hell yes, especially this one, the new MCC based on the Ferrari Enzo.

Originally posted by ultrabeat
Sure, the Maseratis would be an orginal addition, but will the younger generation appreciate and recognise the older models?

They should, but even if they don't GT isn't for kids, it's for all ages and I'm sure there are plenty of people who would appreciate them in GT4 myself included. Bring on the 200Si and the old 1959 3500 GT coupe.

I saw some list b4 and it said thell have the lambo. im soo excited about this espically since thell have then diablo.:lol: :D

Attachments

• diablo-back-top.jpg
    diablo-back-top.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 65
Originally posted by live4speed
They should, but even if they don't GT isn't for kids, it's for all ages and I'm sure there are plenty of people who would appreciate them in GT4 myself included. Bring on the 200Si and the old 1959 3500 GT coupe.

80% or so of GT3 buyers were under 30

Originally posted by Lamboracer
I saw some list b4 and it said thell have the lambo. im soo excited about this espically since thell have then diablo.:lol: :D
Theres been no official confirmed list as of yet, unless I am much mistaken. Sure, many lists have been devised, but Polyphony Digital are keeping schtum about the list.

That sux about the whole list thing i really hope theres ferraries in it i love those and the lambo but i thought for sure they would be in there

Originally posted by ultrabeat
80% or so of GT3 buyers were under 30

surveys are very innacurate as they only cover a relatively small number of people and usually only conducted in one or two places. Besides plenty of 20-30 year olds who are into cars can tell a make by small features.

Sorry to burst your bubble...

There are rumours that since The Ferrari Dino was essentially a Fiat, they could get it in.

Originally posted by live4speed
And how do you know that, surveys are very innacurate as they only cover a relatively small number of people and usually only conducted in one or two places. Besides plenty of 20-30 year olds who are into cars can tell a make by small features.
Some magazines had it in.

However, I'm only 14, but I can tell what is a Maserati

maserati.jpg

/\ Mazza

image_01.gif

/\Not a maserati.

Now that is a skill.

I wold quite liek that shoe-mobile in GT4
Please back me up Live4Speed...

Yeah, race round Grand canyon in a motorised high heel.:lol: .

Originally posted by Exoticar
Humm ...... a rabbit playing golf ....... :lol: Damned the manufacturers sometimes. Still hate it when some have specific different names for the same car only because they couldn't come up with one in the first place that wouldn't "market" elswhere with the same name. Always did give thumbs up to manufacturers who simply had number rather then name:P

Anyways ...... from now on I'll try to remember that I'm dealing with a wider audience and add the multiple names a certain car might have;)

Off-tread ....... does anyone actually know why the hell VW named it Rabbit for North America in the first place? After all, the following models did take the proper Golf name, same as elwhere (I think). And wasn't there a Rabbit back in Europe that eventually turned out to become the Lupo? :confused: :banghead:

Humm......... I've got to take time to do some research sometimes:lol:

MK1 Golf GTI (USDM Rabbit)
MK1 Jetta (USDM Fox)
MK2 Golf GTI
MK2 Jetta GLI (my car:D )
MK3 Golf GTI
MK3 Vento (USDM Jetta)
MK4 Golf GTI
MK4 Bora GLI (USDM Jetta)

As you can see, for the past few body styles, the Jetta nameplate, hasn't existed in Europe. They kept the Jetta name in America, because it's familiar. It also seams (in the MK1 days) they were going for an animal theme for the US market, (Rabbit, Fox). ;)

Heuuu ...... I meant to ask what was the name of the Fox back in Europe. As far as translations goes ... l'ho sapevo che il lupo erra il wolf ...... oupsssss:D

You lost me.

By the way, your sig is strangely similar to GTR's.
I think his is HP cost money, how fast can you afford to go.

Eeery.

Heuu .... don't know GTR's logo ..... heurr ... saying .... either way, it's not original, it's an old saying :)

As for loosing you ...... :lol: I'm italian, so I knew tha lupo translated into wolf:P

But I still don't know what the Fox (80's) was called in Europe:D

Originally posted by Exoticar
Heuu .... don't know GTR's logo ..... heurr ... saying .... either way, it's not original, it's an old saying :)

As for loosing you ...... :lol: I'm italian, so I knew tha lupo translated into wolf:P

But I still don't know what the Fox (80's) was called in Europe:D
It was called the Jetta. Every VW I listed was the European name followed by the USDM name. ;)

*Dodge Neon ACR ('01 or '02) i have one of 83 white ones ever built, so i can't help but want it in the game!:embarrassed:
*Dodge SRT-4
*Dodge Omni GLHS (turbo intercooled by shelby)
*Any FF racecar
*All recent sport compacts (Sentra SE-R, Civic Si, Mazdaspeed Protege, Tiburon, Focus SVT, Mini Cooper... i know i left some out!)
*Exotics like McClaren and Lamborgini, Porsche, Ferrari
*Back to the future DMC-12!!!

This comment is offtopic, but i really, *REALLY* hope the cars are realistic... GT3 sucked at acceleration realism... 200HP Honda Integra Type R ran a lousy 16.5 400m.... i hope all of the cars have true-to-life performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back