Lion's Den Performance- New Autozam, Camaro RM

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 916 comments
Many thanks to Paulie for his TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00 Tune! It's wonderfully stable, and feels very balanced through all kinds of curves. Accelerates and brakes very well. I was a little leery about the TVR, since I had trouble with them in GT-4, but I love this one! I made a few changes:

524hp (Stage 2 Engine) instead of your 563hp (Stage 3 Engine)
No Rigidity Improvement (I bought it new)
Racing Hard tires instead of Sports Soft Tyres
Max Speed 224mph (you didn't have a Trans setting posted)

Gold Star for a great Tune!
Pete

My Review

As my screen name on GT Planet and PSN indicates, I am a huge Pontiac fan. So when I saw this tune, I was very excited. I know that LDP has had this tune out for quite some time, but I took the Solstice on a World Tour per se, and I can honestly state that I have a perfect car in my garage (well, close to as possible since PD decided not to have wheel upgrades on standards).

I - The courses

Deep Forest Raceway
Grand Valley Speedway
Nurburgring 24H
Trial Mountain
London
Rome
Special Stage Route 5
Tsukuba Circuit

Despite choosing the tracks at of sheer love for each course, these locations offered everything I needed to run this car through it's paces. I spent around 5-20 laps on each course, and even took the Solstice online to test on the 'Ring 24H.

II - The Changes

As with every LDP tune, only slight adjustments are required to fit my driving style. Below is a list of everything I did, and why I did it.

296 BHP :
I went with a lower horsepower rating due to my desire for have a 300 BHP/1100kg car in my garage. It had to be a Poncho.
Ride Height:
I raised the Front to -15, and the Rear of the car to -10. After spending some time on courses with a higher degree of elevation changes, the car responded better.
Spring Rate:
I like all of my cars to have slight oversteer, so I softened the front spring from 8.0 to 7.7. I found that the Solstice was able to accelerate through the corners much more aggressively.

III - The verdict

As I stated prior, this car borders on perfection for me. There is a few gears I wouldn't mind altering slightly (hopefully PD rectifies this situation soon), but aside from that, everything is driving bliss. My favorite feature of this car is it's ability to accelerate early out of the apex with little worry over throttle oversteer or understeer due to taking the corner at to high a speed.

Excellent work LDP. :)

As for which car I would like to request.. The 2004 Pontiac GTO.:sly:

Cheers for that review.👍 The Solstice must be very easy to drive with even less power, but it's a great car. I've been a little busy this week, I hope to start taking care of request tunes tomorrow now.

Two of my recent purchases :D these tunes will be getting tested this weekend 👍

I've already maxed out my F1 and found it to be a little too stable to really attack medium and high speed corners, does your tune liven it up a bit?

I believe so, but it might still be rather stable on racing tyres, hopefully in a good way though.

Many thanks to Paulie for his TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00 Tune! It's wonderfully stable, and feels very balanced through all kinds of curves. Accelerates and brakes very well. I was a little leery about the TVR, since I had trouble with them in GT-4, but I love this one! I made a few changes:

524hp (Stage 2 Engine) instead of your 563hp (Stage 3 Engine)
No Rigidity Improvement (I bought it new)
Racing Hard tires instead of Sports Soft Tyres
Max Speed 224mph (you didn't have a Trans setting posted)

Gold Star for a great Tune!
Pete

Are you sure I didn't have a transmission setup posted? (Goes to check). Either way, with less power you'd want a different gearbox setting.

Edit: I did have a gearbox setting posted, it is 400km/hr. For those using the outdated imperial system (:sly:), the gear ratios are also listed to match up to.

"I did have a gearbox setting posted, it is 400km/hr. For those using the outdated imperial system..."

Right you are! I went back and looked. Time for me to have an eye exam!

Again, thanks for the Tune,

Pete

"I did have a gearbox setting posted, it is 400km/hr. For those using the outdated imperial system..."

Right you are! I went back and looked. Time for me to have an eye exam!

Again, thanks for the Tune,

Pete

400 km/h is a bit high though in my opinion. I can't remember exactly what I use, but I think it's around 340 km/h.

LDP-McLaren F1 LMX
(743hp/554kw @ 8,100rpm) (719Nm @ 6,100rpm) (970kg)

Does this work with a fully tuned F1? I only have one with stage 3 engine tuning...

LDP Carbon Brera Predator Edition
(494hp/368kw @ 7,200rpm) (528Nm @ 6,200rpm) (1420kg)

Review
The Alfa Brera, some say it's the front end of a 157 with the back end of a 147 slapped on leaving many to wonder whether it's a coupe or a hatchback. This time though, we're going to call it a predator.

Even though it's modified and tuned, this little Brera that could goes under the guise of a normal street-worthy car for the aspiring with class. But, once that V6 starts brattling away you know it can do more. Once you've gotten used to the whopping near 500 bhp and start throwing this 1400+kg Italian about, its turbo will coo and puff at you in appreciation at every shift of gear.

On the track
I fancied taking it for a spin on the Cape Ring track. The Brera actually manages to surprise, sticking to the tarmac ever so well and its capabilities are easily underestimated when keeping the throttle all the way down. Once acclimated to its eagerness and capabilities it is simply a joy taking this car around the track. High Speed Ring, Grand Valley Speedway, the Alfa will cruise along and you'll love every second of it, easily dodging its peers along the way.

In conclusion
Quite unnoticeable and overlooked, the Alfa Romeo Brera is considered a 'nice' car, however this new version will make you think twice, though at first glance the car might still seem to be in need of a diet, the cranked up horsepowers are potent. Slap on some racing softs, put a spoiler on for some downforce and this Brera will mean business.

Without a doubt, this boisterous Brera can perform under pressure, taking on higher competition and leaving them staring at its lovely wide 147 backside. Well-balanced it'll walk that fine line with maybe just some bits of understeer but nothing too much. Just as it "says on the box" this car can race - and oh yes race it will - yet still prove to be smooth and relaxing for those sunday afternoon drives to enjoy and unwind.

~

Thanks for this tune, had a lot of unexpected fun with this car!
As for a tune I'd like to see, I'm divided between the Morrison Corvette or just going for one of my lovely Vipers, preferably the SRT10 Coupe '06. I'll probably come up with another review later so for now, the master can choose!

Do you guys do tune requests? I'm in need to a tune for the Nissan Motul Pitwork Z '04. The track I am racing on is highspeed ring in the rain. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: sorry just read the intro a little closer.

Last edited:
Does this work with a fully tuned F1? I only have one with stage 3 engine tuning...

Probably, the gearing may be a little off and you'll have a hard time with wheelspin, but knock yourself out.

Review
*Snip*
Thanks for this tune, had a lot of unexpected fun with this car!
As for a tune I'd like to see, I'm divided between the Morrison Corvette or just going for one of my lovely Vipers, preferably the SRT10 Coupe '06. I'll probably come up with another review later so for now, the master can choose!

Glad you liked it.👍 I can do a Viper SRT10 for you, although I'd like to do it on Sports Softs without a wing since the ACR is already in the game, is that OK? Failing that you can gift me the car and I'll tune it then return it.

Edit: OK, from the request cars thus far I've tuned a C63 AMG with no wing, F430 Scuderia essentially maxxed out and an Evo IX Race Mod. I don't have time to post them just yet though. AFAIK I only have the Pontiac GTO 5.7L to go, and this Viper that Virgil wants me to do, pending the specs of course.

Last edited:
Hey, thank you very much for the McLaren F1 tune! It's been a while since I last used the car, but I pulled it out, tuned it, gave it black wheels and painted it Electric Orange - and I'm loving the result! It's definitely gonna make a comeback now :D

And I can confirm that the tune works with a fully tuned F1 (with no mentionworthy under- or oversteer).

On another note: This isn't exactly a request per se, but you guys should consider doing a tune for the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP. It's such a great car, but there aren't really any good tunes anywhere.

Keep up the good work!

Glad you liked it.👍 I can do a Viper SRT10 for you, although I'd like to do it on Sports Softs without a wing since the ACR is already in the game, is that OK? Failing that you can gift me the car and I'll tune it then return it.

Although I -am- using it for real racing I prefer it without the wing. I'd -like- to be able to compete with it on sports softs but racing softs seems more plausible as it's fully upgraded. Either way I'll send it your way when I can. Cheers

So you want a fully tuned version on Racing Softs less a wing? Yeah, better gift it to me, I don't want to do that to my Viper.

You don't even want to see what monster I created out of my Viper GTS, running it at 975bhp on Sports Softs with no aero :lol: purely for entertainment value.

Two of my recent purchases :D these tunes will be getting tested this weekend 👍

I've already maxed out my F1 and found it to be a little too stable to really attack medium and high speed corners, does your tune liven it up a bit?

I believe so, but it might still be rather stable on racing tyres, hopefully in a good way though.

I had a go of the F1 tune over the weekend, I like very much :D:tup:

It doesn't massively change the character of the car and it is still stable, which is no bad thing considering how much grunt it's got, but it's easier to get it moving in the turns to adjust your line and is very predictable once you reach and pass the limit of grip.

Onto the Evora next.

I had a go of the F1 tune over the weekend, I like very much :D:tup:

It doesn't massively change the character of the car and it is still stable, which is no bad thing considering how much grunt it's got, but it's easier to get it moving in the turns to adjust your line and is very predictable once you reach and pass the limit of grip.

Onto the Evora next.

Great to hear.👍
Edit: Tonight, prepare for a full host of new cars, born from the new customer request system. Also watch out for the pictures being added to the F1 LMX and Evora.

Edit 2: Bugger me I ran out of time again, due to the locale of my PS3 these take quite a while to post (try some 20mins each), so unfortunately the pictures and links will have to wait.

Last edited:
LDP Sinister C63 Predator Edition
(496hp/370kw @ 7,200rpm) (646Nm/477ft-lbs @ 5,200rpm) (1403kg) (PP)

kyotoshoreninh.jpg

Description: The C63 AMG is a monstrous V8 sedan, there's no doubt about it. With its raw and muscular V8 and its brutish handling, it's safe to say larikins will get their kicks out of it. What we've done with this customer's car is hone it in to provide much more balanced handling, with a re-map of the ECU the only power modification done. The overall appearance combined with the slick new handling package makes this one sinister muscle car, one that just about anyone will get a kick out of.

Base Model: Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG '08

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Rigidity Improvement
Sports ECU
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Front Splitter
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable)

Tuner's Notes:
Shift at around redline.
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1.

Settings:
1) General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Body/Chassis:
Ballast Amount (kg): 0
Ballast Position: 0

Engine:
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission:
1st: 4.320
2nd: 2.935
3rd: 2.160
4th: 1.653
5th: 1.315
6th: 1.087
7th: 0.934
Final: 2.820
Max Speed: 350km/hr
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 0/20
Acceleration: 0/50
Deceleration: 0/40

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -30/-29
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 7.0/7.0
Dampers Extension: 5/4
Dampers Compression: 3/2
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/4
Camber: 2.2/2.0
Toe: 0.00/+0.20

Brake Balance (front/rear): 6/4

Last edited:
LDP-R 430 Scuderia GT1
(680hp/507kw @ 9,400rpm) (580Nm/428ft-lbs @ 6,400rpm) (1119kg) (PP)

lucernechapelbridgea.jpg

Description: Lion's Den Performance Racing has just taken the wraps off of their new GT1 430 Scuderia. With the whole host of racing equipment included it's ready for sale to privateer drivers. Power is around 680hp, weight close to 1100kg. As an added bonus, when you buy one of these we'll throw in a street version of the GT1 racer.

Base Model: Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Carbon Bonnet
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust System
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres OR Racing Softs

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Front Splitter
Rear Wing

Tuner's Notes:
Use all available revs before shifting.
The tune should transition over seemlessly to Racing Tyres.

Settings:

Body/Chassis:
Aerodynamics: 15/40

Engine:

Transmission:
1st: 3.490
2nd: 2.268
3rd: 1.621
4th: 1.218
5th: 0.962
6th: 0.799
Final: 4.300
Max Speed: 370km/hr
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Initial Torque: 0/8
Acceleration: 0/48
Deceleration: 0/5

Ride Height: -15/-13
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 11.0/12.0
Dampers Extension: 4/4
Dampers Compression: 2/2
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/5
Camber: 1.8/1.5
Toe: -0.12/0.00

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/6

Last edited:
LDP Ascension IX Predator Edition X
(527hp/393kw @ 7,600rpm) (631Nm/466ft-lbs @ 5,400rpm) (1080kg) (PP)

kyotogions.jpg

Description: The next step above evolution is ascension, and that's what we've done here, provide the next step up in performance, and then some. Utilising a full aero kit and having totally worked the engine and chassis, this Evo now has the ability to tap in to some serious speed. A car that never threatens to oversteer on throttle, nothing changes the fact it's a high powered Evo which suffers from some understeer. Lion's Den Performance has worked their best to make this car perform at its best.

Base Model: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Racing Modification

Tuner's Notes:
If you're on a track with super long straights, particularly if you think you'll be catching a draft, longer gears may be necessary.
It's rather poor levels of downforce for a "Race Mod", but I've done my best to eliminate understeer.
The car was very un-responsive to most tuning options, due mostly to being such a high powered AWD car.

Settings:

Body/Chassis:
Aerodynamics: 15/25

Engine:

Transmission:
1st: 2.808
2nd: 1.892
3rd: 1.382
4th: 1.058
5th: 0.850
6th: 0.716
Final: 4.583
Max Speed: 310km/hr

Initial Torque: 5/5
Acceleration: 10/20
Deceleration: 5/5
Torque Distributing Centre Differential: 35/65

Ride Height: -22/-20
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 7.0/6.2
Dampers Extension: 6/5
Dampers Compression: 4/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/7
Camber: 1.8/1.3
Toe: -0.12/-0.40

Brake Balance (front/rear): 4/10

Last edited:
Edit: OK, from the request cars thus far I've tuned a C63 AMG with no wing, F430 Scuderia essentially maxxed out and an Evo IX Race Mod. I don't have time to post them just yet though. AFAIK I only have the Pontiac GTO 5.7L to go, and this Viper that Virgil wants me to do, pending the specs of course.

I can send you a GTO for you tune if you would like. I have several.:)

Please remove that carbon fiber hood off that C63, it looks ugly! :(

I don't like it either but it's his car so he can do what he wants with it. If you don't want to have it don't, or just use the body colour one.:)

LDP-R 430 Scuderia GT1

Once again, thanks for a phenomenal tune. LDP has done it again, bravo Paulie & Dragonistic. I'll be sure to keep coming back for more!!!!!! (I'll be running out of credits soon, the way you guys keep pushing out tunes:))

Used another tune on this forum, man it was the worst thing ever, actually consigned this car to my garage:grumpy:, but LDP has restored my faith in it again:).

P.S: You guys should consider tuning all the ferrari's, seeing as you have an ace tune for the 458 too.

I can send you a GTO for you tune if you would like. I have several.:)

I do have one, just haven't had the time yet.

I don't like it either but it's his car so he can do what he wants with it. If you don't want to have it don't, or just use the body colour one.:)

Darn straight I can do what I want with it.:sly: At first I didn't like the bonnet either, but after a while it grew on me and it adds to the sinister feeling of this V8 muscle sedan. I plan on doing another C 63 though with a rear wing, it'll have no such bonnet.

LDP-R 430 Scuderia GT1

Once again, thanks for a phenomenal tune. LDP has done it again, bravo Paulie & Dragonistic. I'll be sure to keep coming back for more!!!!!! (I'll be running out of credits soon, the way you guys keep pushing out tunes:))

Used another tune on this forum, man it was the worst thing ever, actually consigned this car to my garage:grumpy:, but LDP has restored my faith in it again:).

P.S: You guys should consider tuning all the ferrari's, seeing as you have an ace tune for the 458 too.

Thanks for the feedback.👍 Ferrari tunes will come in time, but unless someone does a review and requests one, I have no plans of sitting down and doing every Ferrari one after another straight away.;)

I do have one, just haven't had the time yet.

Darn straight I can do what I want with it.:sly: At first I didn't like the bonnet either, but after a while it grew on me and it adds to the sinister feeling of this V8 muscle sedan. I plan on doing another C 63 though with a rear wing, it'll have no such bonnet.

Thanks for the feedback.👍 Ferrari tunes will come in time, but unless someone does a review and requests one, I have no plans of sitting down and doing every Ferrari one after another straight away.;)

LOL,I know mate.just holding thumbs, I've got patience :)

How about a Gallardo, or a Murcilago LP 640(not the SV, there are enough tunes for that).

Great tunes though! I have to try one on my '91 NSX or 458!

LDP-R GT500 NSX #9
(541hp/403kw @ 7,500rpm) (627Nm @ 5,500rpm) (1100kg)

autobacsartansx.jpg

I didn't know where to get the stealth NSX so I tried this tune on my Autobacs Arta NSX and it dropped my lap time on high-speed ring by almost a second on my first lap. I was able to drop my lap time average by almost 2 seconds. on the straightaway I was able to get up to 191 before the turn before i was only getting to 188. I ended up using the stage 3 turbo and Racing soft tires.

The handling was noticeably better and the car over all is just much more fun to drive now. Very nice tune!

I didn't know where to get the stealth NSX so I tried this tune on my Autobacs Arta NSX and it dropped my lap time on high-speed ring by almost a second on my first lap. I was able to drop my lap time average by almost 2 seconds. on the straightaway I was able to get up to 191 before the turn before i was only getting to 188. I ended up using the stage 3 turbo and Racing soft tires.

The handling was noticeably better and the car over all is just much more fun to drive now. Very nice tune!

Cheers. The stealth model isn't available anywhere, it was only with one of the special editions of the game, but it's basically the same as all the other NSX models.👍

Cheers. The stealth model isn't available anywhere, it was only with one of the special editions of the game, but it's basically the same as all the other NSX models.👍

except that the stealth model looks waaaaaay better. :P

LDP GTR Spec X Predator Edition
(828bhp @ 7,200rpm) (89kgfm @ 6,200rpm) (1362kg)

TsukubaCircuit_2.jpg

Description: The ultimate Japanese supercar gone wild, the Spec X is the most extreme expression of the most technological road going sports car on the road today combined with old fashioned tuning and sheer, brute force courtesy of LDP's engine tuning department. Developing in excess of 800bhp this GTR packs one hell of a punch, particularly off the line, but by no means has the Spec X been turned into a one trick pony. This GTR is designed to go around corners fast as well using the monstrous tower of power provided by the VR38DETT, complete with high RPM turbo's, to catapult you towards the next turn or given enough room (and longer gearing) will go on to over 240mph.

Base Model: Nissan GTR Spec V '09

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust System (Chosen for appearance and noise but will accept other exhausts)
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Engine and Chassis as neccessary during the cars lifespan.
Front Splitter
Extensions
Rear Wing

Tuner's Notes:
Extremely fast straight line performance, don't overshoot braking.
Dif' set up to not cause understeer at high speed but subsequently will oversteer out of slow corners, controllable but be aware of it. Short shift to avoid this problem if you don't have precise throttle control.
Generally stable in all other environments.

Settings:

Transmission:
1st: 3.453
2nd: 2.231
3rd: 1.589
4th: 1.190
5th: 0.938
6th: 0.777
Final: 3.700
Max Speed: 236mph

Downforce:
2/22

Initial Torque: 5/13
Acceleration: 20/45
Deceleration: 10/20
Torque Split: 25/75

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 15.2/10.0
Dampers Extension: 7/6
Dampers Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/4
Camber: 2.2/1.5
Toe: +0.18/-0.10

Brake Balance (front/rear): 6/5

Great car .

+ Steering is good
+ Acceleration is good
+ Very good to handel in coners

- Stil a littel bit of understeer when i brake in corners.
- On nurburgring Very Diffecult to drive it will not stick on the ground .

Sorry for the bad english .

Back