Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else want to run this series? Why is every decision I make an arguement? I'm over this and seriously cbf reading thru this crap anymore. Yes it looks like I've had a anger explosion but any time I say something it gets turned against me and anytime I make a decision it turns into a 5 page bitch fest. This is over, thanks for participating everyone, look out for a new series soon.

I'd be happy to take it over. Also, it has nothing to do with anyone getting pissed at you. I'm not pissed at you (even though you ruined my race), its not personal. I cant speak for others but all i asked initially was for an impartial party to adjudicate the matter. As you did at LeMans during the final Practice race when you asked me what i thought about the situation in which some over anxious Zondas torpedoed you at Indianapolis turn. If nothing else this allows it to NOT be about you and you dont feel "bitched" at if you spread the decision making around especially when you are involved.
In any case, I would be happy to continue in this league with or without you Mitch, and I would also be happy to accept any penalty as long as it wasn't the case that you felt that you were wronged and made your decision based on this fact. I understand you are pissed so was I. But you have demonstrated that I am getting penalized harshly for no other reason than the incident involved you and me. Again, all I ask is that people that were not involved in the incident watch the replay or capture (wtf am i doing it for if not this specific case or one like it) and make a decision after doing so and listening to explanations.
Again though if you are over it, I would be happy to carry the league forward with being as fair as I can and you are welcome to stay or leave, or I will leave if that's what needs to happen. Or we can both stay and get back to doing what we supposedly enjoy... Racing seriously in a multi-class league based on a real life series that may or may not exist next year, on a stupid video game. Its up to you.

I penalised you for the action, as I said earlier it would've been less had I not run into you (still a start from the back in the next race but possibly no loss of position).

I'm just sick of the whinging I get everytime I say something or make a decision, thus this is finished.

I can take it over, but the races would be earlier in the day. I absolutely believe that we will need a dedicated steward to watch the race in real time and make decisions as the real FIA and ACO stewards would. No matter what happens to the series, that should be of utmost importance.

I penalised you for the action, as I said earlier it would've been less had I not run into you (still a start from the back in the next race but possibly no loss of position).

I'm just sick of the whinging I get everytime I say something or make a decision, thus this is finished.

Sooooo... you still haven't addressed Sephy's false start. you can;t get mad when people are suggesting things to you.

how come everytime we make suggestions you act like where trying to take over your league....

Right now I'd like to see someone else take over because you have been a really poor sport. Your very impartial to suggestions and you won't even address Sephy's false start. You should be glad that you have people wanting to race in your series and telling you how to make it better.

If your involved in an incident your the last person who should be dishing out the penalties. You and Posimosh had equal damage. He came back and finished 2nd in LMP1. You sat in the pits and harrassed everyone.....

You'd make a good tyrant Mitch lol.
"You make Mitch mad...Off with your head!"

lololololol:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

/\ Thats the kind of thing I'm sick of. Blaze you've been pretty alright but thats just unnecessary bs that gets old very very fast. I don't think I've been acting like I'm trying to stop people taking this over but I'm over the whingers who sook everytime I say something or make a decision, I'm done with this and it should be getting locked in the near future. Thanks again to all who participated, goodbye.

Honestly IMO, the penatly is extremely harsh. Grid penalty and a time penalty (to move from 2nd to last in LMP or something) but not a complete disq. Stating that the penalty would be less if you didn't run into him makes it seem as if you're biased with the penalty. The penalty should be the same regardless if a accident happened or not.

/\ Thats the kind of thing I'm sick of. Blaze you've been pretty alright but thats just unnecessary bs that gets old very very fast. I don't think I've been acting like I'm trying to stop people taking this over but I'm over the whingers who sook everytime I say something or make a decision, I'm done with this and it should be getting locked in the near future. Thanks again to all who participated, goodbye.

Stop talking like your the one whoes right here. Everyone in this series thinks your wrong. Most of the decisions you have made have been wrong. When we try to tell you you call us whingers? How won't we complain when your just plain wrong. And you call everything bs.

Another example of how you are very childish is how you are attempting to get this thread locked. If you don;t want to be in this anymore just leave. We will gladly take over.

If you boot mitch, then nothing can be changed in OP. I will have a new thread setup tomorrow if anyone wants to continue.

EDIT: He already deleted the OP with everything on it. Looks like a new start tomorrow.
BTW Mitch, way to bail out the same day you create a new series. Best of luck to you man.

:(

Guys sorry I'm out as well. Too much bad mojo in this series, though I like you all and racing with you, some of you are superb racers who stun me with your lap times.

Anyway sorry again I just can't handle the back and forth stuff.

Last edited:
If you boot mitch, then nothing can be changed in OP. I will have a new thread setup tomorrow if anyone wants to continue.

EDIT: He already deleted the OP with everything on it. Looks like a new start tomorrow.
BTW Mitch, way to bail out the same day you create a new series. Best of luck to you man.

Ill be waiting for the new thread tomorrow. I assume a complete restart unless someone has the standings?

Yes. If everyone still interested can PM me days and times with which you are able to do this.

You guys can count me out. I'm actually gonna start to look for a new place tomorrow. I'm thinking it will take up most of my free time and weekends. Maybe season 2?

I am so very sorry for this guys. I feel like i wasted all of your time. The least I can do is track down a cached version of the thread and re-post it if you wish, or I can just re-create the approximate copy of the scoring and standings if you wish... Its up to you. I feel like its the least I can do for causing all of this. I have thoroughly explained where I was coming from so I wont bore you with any more of this, I will only say that I would be happy to help you set up the league at a under a different thread regardless of my involvement in the league. I would love to join you guys and finish what we started, but if you wont have me, I totally understand. It looks like lilcat89 will be taking the reigns from here and I will help him to the best of my ability to set things up for this weekend and then we can decide on my involvement in the actual racing. Once again I am sorry that I ruined this....

I am so very sorry for this guys. I feel like i wasted all of your time. The least I can do is track down a cached version of the thread and re-post it if you wish, or I can just re-create the approximate copy of the scoring and standings if you wish... Its up to you. I feel like its the least I can do for causing all of this. I have thoroughly explained where I was coming from so I wont bore you with any more of this, I will only say that I would be happy to help you set up the league at a under a different thread regardless of my involvement in the league. I would love to join you guys and finish what we started, but if you wont have me, I totally understand. It looks like lilcat89 will be taking the reigns from here and I will help him to the best of my ability to set things up for this weekend and then we can decide on my involvement in the actual racing. Once again I am sorry that I ruined this....

I dont think you ruined it. Mitch was done imo after Le Mans with seth and he probably cant take any criticism and really sounded impartial. I think he would have cut his losses if he really wanted to keep it going. Everyone is always welcome back under my leadership and hopefully none of this happens again. If someone can find me the entire OPs with car list, standings, etc. it would be great. I dont want to have to throw away the time you guys put into this if at all possible.

How bout, instead of bsing about me after I leave you just leave me out of this? I would've hit posi with the same penalty if Flyin hit him, or if Tissimo had hit him, once again stop twisting what I am saying please. It's not your fault posi that I'm giving this the arse, it's just an accumulation of crap thats been building up thats changed this from a pretty positive thread to a rather negative one that I'm pretty well over.

All I ask is if this does continue that it doesn't carry the GTPACO tag, lilcat I'll PM you the standings.

Sorry had to chime in...as a writer...

you guys are using the word impartial incorrectly.

Sorry! It's the grammar nazi in me...

Anyway my 2 cents are that no one did anything incredibly wrong or ruined anything, the bickering just went to an extreme level. IMO race accidents happen. Even though some of them were somewhat stupid in nature, such as start line incidents (no offense to those involved). Mitch will remain my friend on GTP and GT5, he's a good guy just getting fed up with the thread and constant incidents I think, but I see both sides of every argument and I think if everyone would have calmed down and taken it objectively on both sides of these arguments, it could have been dealt with and moved on from. Just my opinion if anyone cares. Sorry I missed the first race even with the mayhem at the start line.

Yeah, I've been racing online for I dont know how long now. Almost every single race there is an incident. Gets reported, penalties are given and life goes on. This thread/series...its different. :lol:

lmao at the impartial vs. partial.
That's one way to get off topic.

But just an FYI, it's not possible for the leader to jump the start.
He controls the speed of the pack IRL.

But I guess since there's a speed limit in this series, that's different...

picture.php

picture.php

Introducing the GTPACO Le Mans Endurance Series, the global championship for prototypes and supercars held across 5 countries.

2 Classes will be run, LMP or Le Mans Prototype and FIA GT2/GTE.

Manufacturers, Teams and Drivers titles are up for grabs in the first season of the GTPACO Le Mans Endurance Series!

The LMES will run across 5 countries and 9 tracks designed to test teams and drivers to the very limit over 2 hours.

The season kicks off at the street fight in Rome, Italy. The first round of the season and first Italian round the walled circuit in the ancient city should prove more than a match for the drivers and teams.

From there the championship travels to Laguna Seca in the US of A, home to the famous Corkscrew chicane. 102 laps should prove the deciding factor in the California sun as teams battle not only each other in class but also contend with the traffic on course.

Nurburgring in Germany is the home of round 3 of the LMES. Using the shorter GP/F circuit which has played host to a round of the GTP American Le Mans Series and will host a round of the GTPFIA GT World Cup many teams and drivers should be familiar with its fast sweepers, tight hairpins and flowing chicanes.

Heading to earthquake devastated Japan the series contends with the Fuji GT circuit. Featuring possibly the longest straight in the series drivers will have a chance to max out their machines with drafting opportunities aplenty.
(Dont forget to donate to the Red Cross appeal)

The championship returns to America for the second time in the season for round 5. The road course configuration of the Brickyard that is Indianapolis will subject drivers to both ends of the speed spectrum with it tight infield course and wide open oval section.

Monza plays host to round 6 of the LMES. A circuit steeped in history it has also played host to the ALMS aswell as the new Blancpain Endurance Series however the LMES event will be one hour shorter. The long main straight leading into the tight first chicane is a prime overtaking zone but there is great risk of braking too late and ending up in the concrete barriers, is the risk worth the reward?

Returning to the USA once again and to another NASCAR oval the famous Daytona road course is the setting of round 7. Earlier in the year Grand Am visited the track for the Daytona 24 Hours and the GTP ALMS started its season there, will Corvette feature heavily at this circuit like it did in the ALMS? Only time will tell.

The second to last round visits Japan for the running of the 3 hours at Suzuka Circuit. A famous course and one on the Super GT and GTPFIA GT World Cup schedules its twisty esses and fast sweepers provide plenty of scope for high speed and daring overtaking moves.

Capping off the season is the famous La Sarthe course. Hype need not be applied to this circuit, one that annually hosts the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Its the race everyone wants to compete at and a fitting final event to a new endurance series set to delight and entertain all who dare compete.

The Tracks

Round 1 - Rome, Italy - 115 Laps

Round 2 - Laguna Seca, USA - 111 Laps

Round 3 - Nurburgring GP/F, Germany - 77 Laps

Round 4 - Fuji GT, Japan - 85 Laps

Round 5 - Indianapolis Road Course, USA - 95 Laps

Round 6 - Monza, Italy - 69 Laps

Round 7 - Daytona, USA - 70 Laps

Round 8 - Suzuka, Japan - 69 Laps

Round 9 - Le Mans, France - 59 Laps

Races will be held every Saturday at 8 or 9PM US EST. Preseason will be for the next 4 Wednesdays at roughly the same time.

The Cars

-LMP-
Audi R8 Team Oreca
Audi R10
Bentley Speed 8
Pescarolo Courage C60 Peugeot
Pescarolo C60 Hybride
Pescarolo Courage Judd GV5
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Oreca
Toyota GT-One

-GT2-
Nissan 350 LM - 1250kg-555hp
Honda NSX LM - 1250kg-555hp
McLaren F1 Stealth - 1250kg-525hp
Corvette ZR1 RM - 1250kg-500hp
Nomad Diablo GT1 - 1300kg-475hp
Audi R8 LMS - 1300kg-475hp
Ford GT Race Car SpecII - 1300kg-450hp
RE Amemiya RX-7 SuperGT - 1220kg-485hp
Autobacs Garaiya SuperGT - 1300kg-500hp
**All previous GT1 entries will be restricted to GT2 regs.

The onus here is on developement. Over the course of the season teams will develope their car using practice sessions in between races to be as fast as they can be, following race results ballast will be handed out to various cars and others will be allowed weight reductions or power increases to become more competitive should they prove too off the pace.

The aim with the car lists and specs is to create a unified GT2/E spec which will be used across the LMES, GT World Championship and hopefully the ALMS. This will lead to a 4 Hours of Le Mans endurance event that will be invitation only to the LMP drivers from the ALMS and LMES and GT1 and GT2 drivers from the LMES, ALMS and GTWC. This should also lead to a used race car market which will be posted up after the completion of this series.

You are not required a teammate but if you and someone else enter you must share the same car.

The points system is as follows:

-Drivers-
1st:20 Pts
2nd:18 Pts
3rd:16 Pts
4th:14 Pts
5th:12 Pts
6th:10 Pts
7th:8 Pts
8th:6 Pts
9th:4 Pts
10th:2 Pts

-Teams-

-Constructors-

The Michelin Green X Challenge
Over the course of each race you will be required to make note of what tire type you use (hard, medium or soft) and how many sets are used with a points grading being used based on that. Also the amount of fuel used over the course of the race will need to be noted (100L + how much added per pitstop), the amount of pitstops will also be needed to be noted. The aim here is like golf, the less points you score the better you place on the standings.

-Tires-
Hard: 5pts x how many sets used.
Medium: 10pts x how many sets used.
Soft: 20pts x how many sets used.

-Fuel-
Total amount divided by 10, that amount will then be multiplied by 5 to get the amount of points earned.

-Pitstops-
Total amount of stops multiplied by 10, this will give the amount of points.

-Teams and Constructors Points-
Teams and constructors will be awarded double points should they gain a double podium.

-Pole Position and Fastest Lap-
Pole position will get 2 points, fastest lap will get 1 point.

TCS and ABS will be the only aids, damage set to heavy and grip reduction set to real (this is real racing ).

-Penalties-
Penalties will be handed out to drivers who are in violation of the following:
- Cut corners.
- Cause a crash thru ramming or reckless driving.
- Skip grid positions on the pace lap.
- Endangering others (variable).
- A 30 second penalty will be handed out to anyone who moves on the grid before I give the command via chat to start moving.

Footage will be reviewed to determine the severity of the penalty and to decide who caused a crash and other dangerous driving.

The penalties will range from stripped grid positions to starting from the pits after a pre determined amount of time (will be checked via replay).

In this series we use a rolling start. First lap is always the pace lap. The procedure is as follows.

-Qualifying-
GTE will have 10 minutes on track first whilst LMP watches, at the end of the session the order will be written down (by myself) along with the pole sitters time. LMP will then take the track whilst GTE watches and the final order will be written down along with the pole time.

-The Race-
Once the race starts everyone holds on their brakes and does not move. The order will be listed via chat and the grids will form up into that order. I will then tell the LMPs via chat to start their pace lap. Soon after I will tell the GTEs to start their pace lap and there will be a gap between LMP and GTE packs. The speed limit during the pace lap is 100km/h or 60mph, you may exceed this speed in a burst whilst accelerating and braking, swerving etc to warm your tires (thats what a pace lap is for afterall...).
Before the final corner each pack will form up into 2 lines like so:
picture.php

The lead cars will ensure the speed limit is maintained. Once the leaders of each class cross the start finish line the race will begin, LMP will start before GTE as they will get to the line before GTE does. Coming down the main straight the packs should look like this:
picture.php

Please follow the above procedure otherwise there will be problems as we run heavy damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back