Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So me and Posi get to argue whose on the left or right? Which side you want? Kobayashi shouldn't be put in that context, I say more like no Takuma Sato's!

So me and Posi get to argue whose on the left or right? Which side you want? Kobayashi shouldn't be put in that context, I say more like no Takuma Sato's!

Wouldn't Posi be at the back of the LMP, field, and Seth be at the back of the GTE field?

Also, would it be sensible to give the LMP guys a space of say 30 seconds on the pace lap/start procedure in case of accidents etc?

hon they'll both start at the back, doesn't matter what side either one is on since its at the back of the grid (GTE field).

I decided not to have a gap between LMP and GTE for Rome since its such a short track (bad idea that turned out to be) but in preseason I did make sure there was a gap and for the rest of the season there will be a gap.

everyone please don't stop at the start line after the pace lap. That's all i ever ask.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

MitchZ06
hon they'll both start at the back, doesn't matter what side either one is on since its at the back of the grid (GTE field).

I decided not to have a gap between LMP and GTE for Rome since its such a short track (bad idea that turned out to be) but in preseason I did make sure there was a gap and for the rest of the season there will be a gap.

Sounds like a bad idea to me, especially given the run down to turn one at laguna seca

Which way is more realistic? I believe higher classes can qualify below lower classes if they have a wreck or something or I would assume penalties possibly could cause that as well, but I'm not sure.

Its more realistic this way, Peugeot had to start at the back of the grid for this years race at Spa because of a penalty (gotta start the race on your qualifying tires, only allowed to change 2 but Pug changed all 4 on all 3 cars).

Its more realistic this way, Peugeot had to start at the back of the grid for this years race at Spa because of a penalty (gotta start the race on your qualifying tires, only allowed to change 2 but Pug changed all 4 on all 3 cars).

I thought the reason Peugeot started further back was down to them not getting a clean lap in qualifying due to a red flag?

Nah they'd have just started further back on whatever their best lap until that point was. Because of that they decided to change all 4 tires on all the cars and take the penalty because it didn't matter if they started mid pack or at the back.

I'm gonna take turn one with a Banzai move on the inside, in 4th gear, trying to squeeze in between the two cars ahead of me. If I make it through that, I'll mash the throttle all the way down so I loose traction and let my a$$ hang out to make sure I take out the whole field.

All on the pace lap. 👍

Now that I have a gear shifter I'm gonna jam it in reverse right at the apex of turn 1. I'd aim for Flyin but I don't even know what car he's driving anymore. lol.

I'm not running in GTE any longer, instead I'm going to lmp with a Toyota GTONE. I'm fine with starting at the back, but just because someone gets into another, they're stupid in driving, and don't know how or lack patience? That's jumping the gun. My best so far @Laguna is 1:16.8 so I need to find more time.

Just a heads up, I won't be running this weekend, going to a friends to get drunk! So you can take me off any hit lists! Looks like Indywolf will be the soul "they took our jobs" representative! No pressure!

Last edited:
Just a heads up, I won't be running this weekend, going to a friends to get drunk! So you can take me off any hit lists! Looks like Indywolf will be the soul "they took our jobs" representative! No preasure!

;( ill do my best hope i leave the others and get the road to myself

I'm not running in GTE any longer, instead I'm going to lmp with a Toyota GTONE. I'm fine with starting at the back, but just because someone gets into another, they're stupid in driving, and don't know how or lack patience? That's jumping the gun. My best so far @Laguna is 1:16.8 so I need to find more time.

Sorry bud no can do, I only said change car not class. Bit late on that one.

Still criticizing me over this? Really? If someone creates a significant enough accident which causes damage to another car a penalty will be enforced, simple.

Guys, I want to apologies first to Mitch and Sephy... this is awkward but i'm gonna quit. The thing is it's hard for me to be there on saturday evening, and honestly i'm starting to lose interest with GT5... dont know how to say it but I found another racing game that i enjoy more. I'm trully sorry and i hope you're not mad at me.

Guys, I want to apologies first to Mitch and Sephy... this is awkward but i'm gonna quit. The thing is it's hard for me to be there on saturday evening, and honestly i'm starting to lose interest with GT5... dont know how to say it but I found another racing game that i enjoy more. I'm trully sorry and i hope you're not mad at me.

I'm not mad....Sephy might be losing a teammate tho :P

It's not Forza 4 is it? :drool:

Sorry bud no can do, I only said change car not class. Bit late on that one.

Still criticizing me over this? Really? If someone creates a significant enough accident which causes damage to another car a penalty will be enforced, simple.

You take things outta context, then go back on your own word. Too late? What a joke, I told you this 2 weeks ago. There were too many people joining for GTE and I said I want to run LMP because of that. You even jumped on my case about which cars you can't use in lmp when you were in my lounge a couple weeks ago! You do remember that, don't you? Maybe not, you seem busy, but I made my intentions clear after the race at LeSarthe. I don't see how you link a comment I make, to you. I spoke in general. You don't gotta take offense to it, bud.

Yeah and 2 weeks ago you stuck with GTE....I didn't jump on your case either, its called frustration. You asked what cars aren't allowed in LMP, I said "the ones not on the list" and proceed to write out the list of cars on the allowed list. You seemed to have not understood that was the allowed list and started asking what cars are allowed and you can see where the frustration lies in that....

Press Release:
Rumors are spreading around that GTP's best looking member is considering rejoining the GTPACO LMES.
That's right, gogatrs may race as a GTE driver.
These are only rumors though, dont get your hopes up people...

Press Release:
Rumors are spreading around that GTP's best looking member is considering rejoining the GTPACO LMES.
That's right, gogatrs may race as a GTE driver.
These are only rumors though, dont get your hopes up people...

"Hey Kid, catch" *tosses keys to the Zonda*

You can fill in for me this weekend:tup:

It takes a few second to load and mysteriously opens my windows media player to play it. lol.

Thanks alot. Upon further analysis it kind of looks like Mitch_Z06 drove into the back of Posimosh....Watch the replay. Mitch was the furthest back so he had the most time to react......If anything me or flying hawaiin should have been the ones who got caught out. If anything Mitch was originally out from behind posimosh and at the last second turned right into the red end of Posimosh......

Even though it was wrong for posimosh to have hit pause and try to type a message at that point in the race........It kind of looks like Mitch was a bit unattentive to the situation. He was the furthest back......

I'm pretty certain that Mitch was watching me and FlyinHawaiins cars swerve to the left and right instead of focusing on his car......He only saw posimosh at the last second......

Thats why i;m saying that the No points and DQ that you gave Posimosh is a bit ridiculous....

Dunno why but that video just wont play for me. Now for Blazes comments....As it happened from my point of view using the cockpit viewpoint I was following the cars ahead of me, they were all I could see until they swerved out of the way, I was confused about what was going on as all I was focused on was the cars ahead then all of a sudden there was Posi. I felt it was a bit too late to decide where to go as I was hard on the throttle and at that point I had rear ended him.

The penalty as it is stands, why? Its severe because the idea of stopping on the start finish line to make a complaint is downright ludicrous. Have you ever seen a driver IRL stop his car on the grid at the start of a race to tell an official the leader jumped the start? I haven't and I can bet the penalty and resulting accident from such an action could end up quite catastrophic. Luckily we only have 16 cars on the grid instead of the 20-25+ (56 for LMS/ALMS/ILMC races sometimes) and can avoid most situations such as this but if you consider we're racing as realistically as we can (yes good joke, it's just a game) you've got to realise that actions such as those we've had lately are just downright stupid and the individuals involed deserve to be harshly punished.

Dunno why but that video just wont play for me. Now for Blazes comments....As it happened from my point of view using the cockpit viewpoint I was following the cars ahead of me, they were all I could see until they swerved out of the way, I was confused about what was going on as all I was focused on was the cars ahead then all of a sudden there was Posi. I felt it was a bit too late to decide where to go as I was hard on the throttle and at that point I had rear ended him.

The penalty as it is stands, why? Its severe because the idea of stopping on the start finish line to make a complaint is downright ludicrous. Have you ever seen a driver IRL stop his car on the grid at the start of a race to tell an official the leader jumped the start? I haven't and I can bet the penalty and resulting accident from such an action could end up quite catastrophic. Luckily we only have 16 cars on the grid instead of the 20-25+ (56 for LMS/ALMS/ILMC races sometimes) and can avoid most situations such as this but if you consider we're racing as realistically as we can (yes good joke, it's just a game) you've got to realise that actions such as those we've had lately are just downright stupid and the individuals involed deserve to be harshly punished.

Yikes. I figured as much. The cockpit view won;t do you any favors lol. I never use cockpit. Your very brave. Yeah from the cockpit the low height of the V12 LMR and the GT cars blocking your view would have caused that. How about using the third person view for the first lap and then switching to cockpit view once things have settled down......That would explain why you always have start issues.

That also explains why people weave left and right as if they don;t see anyone next to them. USE THE THRID PERSON VIEW EVERYONE. its for your own good. atleast for the first lap.

Lol remember the first LMS round of the LMS series at Paul Richard this year when the pace car forget to get off the track and it ended in tears for all the porsche teams lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back