Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL- you got me starting at the rear, then you just gave someone a penalty, now he's starting at the rear, who's starting at the back there Mitch? I already told you I don't care what position I start in. If you want me at the back because you got 'ran into', that's fine. I think everyone else should be treated the same though, and not just guys who run into Mitch.

lol. If you touch mitch you start at the back. lolol rotfl

Blaze_409
I know the Ford GT was mighty through that hairpin as well. Those LMP's really struggle out of the low speed corners. Considering the Ford GT LM Spec II got the pole why is the performance of the Zonda coming into question. I was able to do mostly 10 laps of 1.05s then the next ten laps on tires 1.06's

And the car was mighty on low fuel as well. That i ran a 1.04.8 on low fuel.

I think we are level on pace it seems then! When we were running near each other the gap seemed to stay around the same. I thibk if I didn't lose concentration late on, it might have been tighter between us! Speaking of the hairpin, I remember early on putting a move on flyin & tissimo in to it, sorry if I came steaming in... I wasn't suppose to carry that much speed in there, but thr zonda made me do it!

Btw I had a few dicey moments lapping mitch early on, i think we may have touched but no damage on my side!
I was also lucky that indywolf and jav seemed to have an incident after I pitted 1st so I could get past both without worrying about them coming back at me!

Last edited:
lol. If you touch mitch you start at the back. lolol rotfl

No....it seems that I'm getting caught in the stupid acts so its kinda obvious I'm going to dish out a penalty for it. Does it seem harsh that causing an incident results in that sort of a penalty or would you prefer I just ditch that system, run light damage and hand the series over to one of you to run it? Seriously, I'm getting criticism here for trying run this series the way I want to run it.

I'm at the end of my lead here with this, after the next race if theres any more of the crap like that from Blaze or freshseth thrown my way this thing is finished, I'll be asking the mods to delete it and this series will be history. Why can't some people just respect my decision and own up to the fact that stupid actions got them the penalty they've received?

LOL- you got me starting at the rear, then you just gave someone a penalty, now he's starting at the rear, who's starting at the back there Mitch? I already told you I don't care what position I start in. If you want me at the back because you got 'ran into', that's fine. I think everyone else should be treated the same though, and not just guys who run into Mitch.

Theres 2 grid positions, maybe some thought before you post would help? As to your comment about me penalising people for running into me, if other people stepped up and said so and so ran into them and caused an accident, etc, then I'd be hitting others with penalties too....I'm not being one eyed but running into the person that hosts the series isn't a smart idea is it? If I had still gotten around Posi at the last race with no damage I likely would have given a less severe penalty for it being a stupid act.

Last edited:
All in all mitch, there is a good series in this, it just needs a bit tightening up with the way it is run. Maybe do what Jav does in the GTP FIA series, with a detailed drivers briefing before each race?

Doesn't stop people talking s***....

However yes things like legality checks before qualis and the race are going to be implemented, drivers briefing is being looked into.

I think Mitch did the right thing in handing out that penalty to posi, no offense or anything personal. If there was really something wrong with the race, comment/complain/bring it up after the race but just keep going! There are always ways of examining what went wrong and all.

I saw posi significantly slowed down at the start and that threw me off and ruined my whole race rhythm. I was constantly at 7th overall out of 3 lmp cars. Like what the hell.

Blaaaah. Hate ranting.

I tested the fairlady vs the 350z at leguna, and theres not much difference between them. Probably about a .5s at that track. I just did 2 hot laps each though, so maybe if I spent a bit more time pulling the fastest possible out.

No....it seems that I'm getting caught in the stupid acts so its kinda obvious I'm going to dish out a penalty for it. Does it seem harsh that causing an incident results in that sort of a penalty or would you prefer I just ditch that system, run light damage and hand the series over to one of you to run it? Seriously, I'm getting criticism here for trying run this series the way I want to run it.

I'm at the end of my lead here with this, after the next race if theres any more of the crap like that from Blaze or freshseth thrown my way this thing is finished, I'll be asking the mods to delete it and this series will be history. Why can't some people just respect my decision and own up to the fact that stupid actions got them the penalty they've received?

dont worry about it. It was a joke. Personally i don;t take too kindly to first lap shenanigans either.

On anyother lap i can have incident with somone and ill call it a racing incident but when incidents happen to me on the first lap i call it a bonehead move/ whatever was done.

The fact that people got damage on the pacelap was unacceptable. Jav i notice you had damage. Who did that to you.

If anyone was damaged by other people on the pace lap please tell Mitch. Were not even racing on the pace lap no one should ever get damage.

incidents on the pace lap are shear stupidity.

This is how you run a pace lap. Don't drvie right behind the person in front of you! If someon is in front of you on the inside line follow them on the outside line!. If someone is in front of you on the outside line then follow them on the inside line. This way you don;t get caught out by someon elses erratic braking

The pace lap should NEVER be single file because cllearly no one can handle that. It should be like: --_--_--_--_--_--_. Thats how you avoid rear ending people.

I believe it was IndyWolf that rear ended Jav because I hit pause to type out the doube file after first corner, then I sped up to catch up to the back of the GTE field and Jav and IndyWolf followed and it was braking into the tight right hander that Jav got hit at. I dont get why people have to follow so close either.

I believe it was IndyWolf that rear ended Jav because I hit pause to type out the doube file after first corner, then I sped up to catch up to the back of the GTE field and Jav and IndyWolf followed and it was braking into the tight right hander that Jav got hit at. I dont get why people have to follow so close either.

Those 2Secs make ALLLLLL the difference over 2+ hrs!

Mitch can we do a double-header for next week's GT3/4 support races? Say like 5 laps at Rome and 5 laps at Seca, no qualify, random order.

And I'll open a room way earlier to make sure it doesn't interfere with the actual race. I was trying to figure out when people wanted to do it last week but no one ever replied.

Mitch can we do a double-header for next week's GT3/4 support races? Say like 5 laps at Rome and 5 laps at Seca, no qualify, random order.

And I'll open a room way earlier to make sure it doesn't interfere with the actual race. I was trying to figure out when people wanted to do it last week but no one ever replied.

Yeah gotta organise this a bit better. And heres what I've got in mind:

N-GT - Power to weight ratio - 2.6hp per kg
Audi R8 LMS
Mercedes SLS AMG Stealth
Lexus IS-F Racing Concept
Acura NSX RM
Chevrolet Camaro SS RM
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM
Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) RM
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM
Lotus Elise 111R RM

10 lap races with no qualis. This can make for some entertaining racing as the heavier cars might be more powerful but something like the Elise will be more nimble and agile. Racing Hard tires to add to the challenge, what do you think?

Yeah gotta organise this a bit better. And heres what I've got in mind:

N-GT - Power to weight ratio - 2.6hp per kg
Audi R8 LMS
Mercedes SLS AMG Stealth
Lexus IS-F Racing Concept
Acura NSX RM
Chevrolet Camaro SS RM
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM
Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) RM
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM
Lotus Elise 111R RM

10 lap races with no qualis. This can make for some entertaining racing as the heavier cars might be more powerful but something like the Elise will be more nimble and agile. Racing Hard tires to add to the challenge, what do you think?

That's fine, would weight be anything we want then, just with hp adjustments to go along with? And essentially the older car list would be thrown out and replaced with this one? I like the RM twist :)

Maybe people could change cars each week if they wanted to as well, then? The spec and tuning seems straightforward enough that it wouldn't really matter since it's for fun.

ALso for races like nurburgring I'll just set to like 1 or 2 laps so it isn't obnoxiously long. I'll try to make the races equal out to 10-15 minutes or thereabout.

OP updated on the thread. Oh, and I just noticed that the tentative scheduling had these races set for between 7 and 8 on Saturday. Totally my bad on that, trying to hold it at 8 on Saturday. I can see why that wouldn't have worked.

After discussions with the GTPFIA officials the specs have been revised as following:
picture.php

Current BoP applies for cars currently in the series with only the McLaren to be required to comply with the new spec.

After discussions with the GTPFIA officials the specs have been revised as following:
picture.php

Current BoP applies for cars currently in the series with only the McLaren to be required to comply with the new spec.

I'm assuming the 350z/Fairlady are not the same? Is it possible to make a switch in car or am I stuck with the 350z for the remainder of the season? After the recent moves to LMP, I'd like to go Corvette, I think theres only one now (flyin?). Either way, I'll comply with the new specs and be using the 350z from now on instead of the fairlady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back