Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Just tried the lambo urus stock with the Logitech G pro wheel. The true force feedback in the wheel, in corners is crazy. Wheel shaking heavily:D. TF is on 70%.

Did one of you experienced the same?
I bought the Urus to try this out and did not have this issue and my TF is at 100%. What is your vibration strength set at? Mine is set to 35, as recommended by Logitech. You can find it if you go to the settings page while not in vehicle. The same settings page where you’d find all the different wheels available and their button configurations.

I have a question about Logitechs recommended GT7 settings found here Recommended settings for G Pro wheel. In the opening paragraph they state ‘These settings all assume that your wheel is set to 11Nm of strength’. They then go on to suggest that you set in game max torque to 10. I’ve had it beat into my head by other’s presumably smarter then me on the subject, that maxing out torque on both wheel base and in game will result in clipping. Is this not the case? Currently it’s not an issue because of the capped ffb, but I have a Drivehub on its way that I plan to use to remove that cap.
I, too, have a DriveHub ordered. I think I know the answer here, but will let more eloquent and knowledgeable posters reply.

I have a question about Logitechs recommended GT7 settings found here Recommended settings for G Pro wheel. In the opening paragraph they state ‘These settings all assume that your wheel is set to 11Nm of strength’. They then go on to suggest that you set in game max torque to 10. I’ve had it beat into my head by other’s presumably smarter then me on the subject, that maxing out torque on both wheel base and in game will result in clipping. Is this not the case? Currently it’s not an issue because of the capped ffb, but I have a Drivehub on its way that I plan to use to remove that cap.
I'm using the drivehub at 150% for the full 11nm torque. I have my controller vibration set to 125, sometimes 150, ffb torque and sensitivity set to 10 in game, controller sensitivity set to 10 in game... On the wheel, I have torque set to 10, ffb filter set to 1, dampener set to 30-60 depending on the car.

I do not have any issues with clipping by using those settings. Drivehub should automatically limit it to just under 11nm torque when set to full strength to avoid clipping issues.

The only setting that I find odd is the ffb filter. If you read the description in GHub, it says that a lower value means less filter and more "raw" data. To me that would sound like a setting of 1 (minimum allowed) would increase the chances of oscillation and having it set to 15 would eliminate most oscillation.... But that's not the case when using the drivehub to get the full 11nm torque in GT7. You can play with it and see for yourself, but I've found that setting it at 1 is the best way to get rid of oscillation. Increasing the dampener and reducing the controller vibration might help a little, but it's nowhere near as noticable compared to setting the filter to 1.

I bought the Urus to try this out and did not have this issue and my TF is at 100%. What is your vibration strength set at? Mine is set to 35, as recommended by Logitech. You can find it if you go to the settings page while not in vehicle. The same settings page where you’d find all the different wheels available and their button configurations.
Vibration set to 45. When I replayed the game the next day the heavy vibrations were gone. I guess that day it was an error or something.

@LOGI_Rich
I'm a new user and am happy with the wheel with one exception.

When turning ever so slightly the wheel is twitchy. It's fine when going straight or turning more. I'm using gt7 on a ps5. I updated the firmware but it made no difference. Changing settings doesn't help.

Is this normal behaviour?

Thanks.

Last edited:
@LOGI_Rich

When turning ever so slightly the wheel is twitchy. It's fine when going straight or turning more. I'm using gt7 on a ps5. I updated the firmware but it made no difference. Changing settings doesn't help.

Thanks.
You must first turn on the console and only then the steering wheel.

@LOGI_Rich

Thanks.
Are you using the Logitech recommended settings for the game and on wheel?

In case it’s helpful to anyone…I recently purchased the Fanatec DD Pro Gt7 kit and, like many others, was disappointed to have it not show up and have no updates. So I gave up on that and ordered the G Pro. Coming from a T300RS.

After a good amount of tweaking, and upgraded wheel stand, and reading all the great advice from @LOGI_Rich i managed to get it pretty dialed in. Recommended settings, 8-1 in GT7 FFB, stiffest brake, but pretty low force. Feels great.

Anyway, out of nowhere, the Fanatec wheel showed up! As I was still in my return window for Logitech and in the middle of a chargeback dispute with Fanatec, I decided to spend a couple hours doing a 1v1 shootout - Logitech vs. Fanatec, to see what was what.

After setting up the Fanatec with the load cell brake pedal, gave it a shot…and it wasn’t even close. While the wheel felt very smooth and the brake pedal felt great and predictable, not having TrueForce made it feel like I was playing Cruisin USA in the arcade back in the day. The curbs were just…missing. I did about 10 laps of Spa and got somewhat close to my best Logitech times but the immersion was missing and I had much less idea what the car was doing.

As someone who started playing GT7 on controller (after a 20 year hiatus) and learned car control on the PS5 controller, I feel like TrueForce is what I have been missing on my T300RS over the last year.

All that being said, the Fanatec is going back (if they ever respond to my email??) and the Logitech is the way forward. Excited to see what the future may hold with any additional rims down the line.

If anyone is in a similar dilemma, ask me anything

the Fanatec is going back (if they ever respond to my email??)
Looking through THIS thread it seems Fanatec maybe having some financial troubles, which could be a reason behind their current delivery and communication issues. Whichever company you purchase from, these "Toys" we buy aren't cheap. So I hope you do get a response to that mail!

Here's hoping a leader SIM racing equipment manufacturer like Fanatec can pull themselves out from any possible difficulties.

In case it’s helpful to anyone…I recently purchased the Fanatec DD Pro Gt7 kit and, like many others, was disappointed to have it not show up and have no updates. So I gave up on that and ordered the G Pro. Coming from a T300RS.

After a good amount of tweaking, and upgraded wheel stand, and reading all the great advice from @LOGI_Rich i managed to get it pretty dialed in. Recommended settings, 8-1 in GT7 FFB, stiffest brake, but pretty low force. Feels great.

Anyway, out of nowhere, the Fanatec wheel showed up! As I was still in my return window for Logitech and in the middle of a chargeback dispute with Fanatec, I decided to spend a couple hours doing a 1v1 shootout - Logitech vs. Fanatec, to see what was what.

After setting up the Fanatec with the load cell brake pedal, gave it a shot…and it wasn’t even close. While the wheel felt very smooth and the brake pedal felt great and predictable, not having TrueForce made it feel like I was playing Cruisin USA in the arcade back in the day. The curbs were just…missing. I did about 10 laps of Spa and got somewhat close to my best Logitech times but the immersion was missing and I had much less idea what the car was doing.

As someone who started playing GT7 on controller (after a 20 year hiatus) and learned car control on the PS5 controller, I feel like TrueForce is what I have been missing on my T300RS over the last year.

All that being said, the Fanatec is going back (if they ever respond to my email??) and the Logitech is the way forward. Excited to see what the future may hold with any additional rims down the line.

I'm on the opposite side atm. If Fanatec's trueforce turns good and the situation with G Pro doesn't change, I will sell my G Pro and get Fanatec DD+. I didn't pay over 1k euro for a dead-end system that can't get over 7nm in the only game I use it for ... I think I will wait until the end of this year. But atm it doesn't look promising. Buying G Pro makes little sense imo atm.

Last edited:

The GT DD Pro will never compare to the Logitech G Pro.

The GT DD Extreme, on the other hand...........

Looking through THIS thread it seems Fanatec maybe having some financial troubles, which could be a reason behind their current delivery and communication issues. Whichever company you purchase from, these "Toys" we buy aren't cheap. So I hope you do get a response to that mail!

Here's hoping a leader SIM racing equipment manufacturer like Fanatec can pull themselves out from any possible difficulties.
Agreed

I'm on the opposite side atm. If Fanatec's trueforce turns good and the situation with G Pro doesn't change, I will sell my G Pro and get Fanatec DD+. I didn't pay over 1k euro for a dead-end system that can't get over 7nm in the only game I use it for ... I think I will wait until the end of this year. But atm it doesn't look promising. Buying G Pro makes little sense imo atm.
Good points, maybe as I get used to more force I’ll feel the same eventually

The GT DD Pro will never compare to the Logitech G Pro.

The GT DD Extreme, on the other hand...........
This is interesting - the logi and the DD pro were much closer in cost (all Fanatec supply issues aside) so I felt it was worth looking. Items like the Exteme however DO get tempting, knowing how these things usually tend to go. Hoping I can stick with the G for a while before “outgrowing” it. I didn’t research it much because it was in another price stratosphere but I suppose if it had the “rumble pak” element that felt like trueforce I would have to give it a hard look

Hello, I have started using Simracing "Sparco" gloves with my Logitech G Pro steering wheel and I have noticed that some of the seams on the steering wheel that cover the leather where the thumb and index fingers rest have frayed a little. It's very little. It cannot be seen with the naked eye.
Is this normal? Is it bae to use Simracing gloves with this steering wheel?

Thank you.
The stitches have pulled out on mine. They seem very fragile. Not sure if gloves are better or my calloused and hangnail hands.

I highly recommend simracing gloves by Moradness. I have them for nearly a year & zero issues. They're not cheap, but the build quality is great. I had Sparco Mecha 3 before them and after a month they looked like they had 5+ years. The ones by Moradness still look like new.

Last edited:
Gorąco polecam rękawiczki simracing marki Moradness. Mam je już prawie rok i zero problemów. Nie są tanie, ale jakość wykonania jest świetna. Miałem przed nimi Sparco Mecha 3 i po miesiącu wyglądały jakby miały ponad 5 lat. Te od Moradness nadal wyglądają jak nowe.
Jak to sklep Daniela Morada. Czyli płacisz 3/4 ceny za nazwisko.

Last edited:
Same here! Just order a drivehub, couldnt resist.
I've just ordered one. Apart from the upgrade to the full 11nm, you are getting TF I assume?

I'm also getting a Moza sequential shifter, and no-name handbrake. What peripherals, if any, are you using now that you are 'free'? ;-)

Jak to sklep Daniela Morada. Czyli płacisz 3/4 ceny za nazwisko.

I disagree. His gloves are fairly priced. Sparco hypergrip gloves cost similarly and are significantly worse. I don’t know any brand with the same quality at that price. Show me gloves that are as good as his and cost 250zl (95 cad + 10% discount). If you want cheaper than his, you get sparco mecha 3 that last 1 month with medium usage lol.

I've just ordered one. Apart from the upgrade to the full 11nm, you are getting TF I assume?

I'm also getting a Moza sequential shifter, and no-name handbrake. What peripherals, if any, are you using now that you are 'free'? ;-)
Yes, trueforce is fully working when using the drivehub. It's a blast playing gt7 with the full 11nm torque and trueforce. I have my trueforce set to 100% and love it.

I'm using a Thrustmaster TH8S shifter with mine... But I prefer the paddles most of the time so I don't use it too often.

The stitches have pulled out on mine. They seem very fragile. Not sure if gloves are better or my calloused and hangnail hands.
My stitches have started fraying too.

Figure it's 'cause my buddy uses gloves on the wheel.

Not happy given what I paid for this thing, so dare I ask, is there anything that can be done to restore the stitching to as-new? If Logitech provided such a service I'd be all over it...

My stitches have started fraying too.

Figure it's 'cause my buddy uses gloves on the wheel.

Not happy given what I paid for this thing, so dare I ask, is there anything that can be done to restore the stitching to as-new? If Logitech provided such a service I'd be all over it...

That would be awesome but I'm guessing they would tell you to buy a new wheel if it's not under warranty.

Maybe you could do this instead?

Lol sorry bad joke

That would be awesome but I'm guessing they would tell you to buy a new wheel if it's not under warranty.
Oh, it's definitely under-warranty mate.

I treat all my tech gear with kid gloves (excuse the pun) and when I come to sell it peeps are always blown away by the fact that whatever it is, it's as-new.

IMHO there should have been a warning that gloves can have this effect.

Last edited:

I treat all my tech gear with kid gloves (excuse the pun) and when I come to sell it peeps are always blown away by the fact that whatever it is, it's as-new.
Hmm I had no clue that gloves can cause that issue. I've been using gloves with the pro wheel and haven't noticed issues yet... I will definitely keep an eye on it now that you have mentioned it, thanks for the heads-up.

I would definitely open a support ticket for warranty if I had that happening to me. If anything, I would think the gloves would help prevent the issue since gloves help prevent oil and dirt from getting on the wheel.

Same. I don’t put my thumbs in the wheel when possible. I prefer to rest them right on top so if the wheel jerks my hands don’t get caught.

I would definitely open a support ticket for warranty if I had that happening to me.
Figured I chime in in the hope that Rich could let us know where we stand.

If Logitech offered to re-stitch it I'd be happy to go without the wheel for however long it took and I'd even pay the freight.

If anything, I would think the gloves would help prevent the issue since gloves help prevent oil and dirt from getting on the wheel.
The thing is, skin is much-smoother than gloves.
Rub anything rough on stitching /sewing thread and it'll fray eventually. I actually assumed Logitech used tent thread or something similar 'cause it's tough-as-nails.

I haven’t had my gear all that long either. Maybe 10 hours of use in 3 weeks. If that.

There's far too many variables to qualitatively say "do/don't use gloves". Every glove is different as is every person using said gloves. Logically, if you have gloves with substantial grip then they're going to cause more friction, which can result in premature wear to the materials on the wheel.

Please get in touch with support.

There's far too many variables to qualitatively say "do/don't use gloves". Every glove is different as is every person using said gloves. Logically, if you have gloves with substantial grip then they're going to cause more friction, which can result in premature wear to the materials on the wheel.

Please get in touch with support.
If only there was a pro quality H pattern shifter option from Logitech, that'd definitely reduce wear on those stitched areas as one hand would be on the shifter a lot ;)

I'm using Logitech gloves + Pure SIM Gloves - the most expensive model. About 10 months of use, lots of racing, no sign of wear on the wheel.

Back