Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Conspiracy theory:

What if PD intentionally didn't unlock Logitech's full potential to benefit their sponsor/business partner, Fanatec? Their wheels are now the official wheels for GT7.

I'm also eagerly awaiting AC2 and hoping that Trueforce will be implemented, along with the ability to play on PSVR2 and the availability of the Shifter by that time.

Then, I'll forget about Gran Turismo, and I'll never play any game from that series again. I'm tired of PD's decisions like "limiting the wheel's power, but only for one manufacturer."

Conspiracy theory:

What if PD intentionally didn't unlock Logitech's full potential to benefit their sponsor/business partner, Fanatec? Their wheels are now the official wheels for GT7.

I'm also eagerly awaiting AC2 and hoping that Trueforce will be implemented, along with the ability to play on PSVR2 and the availability of the Shifter by that time.

Then, I'll forget about Gran Turismo, and I'll never play any game from that series again. I'm tired of PD's decisions like "limiting the wheel's power, but only for one manufacturer."
No idea, but PD makes some really weird decisions with their game so you guess is as good as mine. I’m enjoying the driving in GT7 but I won’t be buying another Gran Turismo.

Conspiracy theory:

If I remember correctly, they did the same thing to fanatek as well though.

With regards to new products, our team is busy working on a number of exciting projects; we've heard the feedback, and we will provide updates at a later time.
Interesting, that's the most detail (although I use the term loosely ;) ) you've been able to give us that I recall, consider my interest piqued slightly.

I shall continue to await some sort of announcement somewhere sometime about something! :)

I shall continue to await some sort of announcement somewhere sometime about something!
il_570xN.2612508238_nmwa.jpg
:)

@Marky264 (and anyone else who needs it) The re-centre function is now added in today's release of G HUB - just ask it to update in the settings to get the latest version. The support article showing you how to reset centre can be found here, but as it says, you must first apply the firmware update that is also available in today's G HUB release.

Nice to find out after spending 2000€ on Logitech Pro wheel and pedals + PSVR2, that THE ONLY RACING GAME that PSVR2 works with is GT7, and Your Logitech Pro wheel is the only wheel that PD has downgraded the FFB to a kids toy. Isn´t there anything Logitech can do to solve this issue with PD?
Nowadays I drive GT7 with my left-hand and use the old Logishifter, (which is btw also a toy - 5th gear has jumped out all the time since it was new). To be honest the wheel feels weak even with only using one arm..

EDIT: Is btw ”trueforce” just a little bass-shaker inside the wheel? If NOT PD give the Logi Pro wheel its 11 Nm, Im thinking of buying a 20Nm Fanatec Podium, and just put a bass-shaker under the wheel if that is the case. I have already 5 shakers around the rig, so one more wouldnt be a problem. Might add one also under the pedals to get better feeling when ABS kicks in.

Last edited:
Nice to find out after spending 2000€ on Logitech Pro wheel and pedals + PSVR2, that THE ONLY RACING GAME that PSVR2 works with is GT7, and Your Logitech Pro wheel is the only wheel that PD has downgraded the FFB to a kids toy. Isn´t there anything Logitech can do to solve this issue with PD?
Nowadays I drive GT7 with my left-hand and use the old Logishifter, (which is btw also a toy - 5th gear has jumped out all the time since it was new). To be honest the wheel feels weak even with only using one arm..
I agree. I hadn't played gt7 in about a month and fired it up last night and it felt like dog****. I had recommended settings on and live torque was 1.6nm in the menus at half turn, previously would jump up to 6-8. Driving felt all kinds of wonky. I turned it off and have little motivation to play in this state.

I agree. I hadn't played gt7 in about a month and fired it up last night and it felt like dog****. I had recommended settings on and live torque was 1.6nm in the menus at half turn, previously would jump up to 6-8. Driving felt all kinds of wonky. I turned it off and have little motivation to play in this state.
I have maxed out everything in-game (vibration 150, ffb 10, sensitivity 10), and wheel settings strength: 11Nm, TF audio 100, FFB filter 1, and Dampener OFF

I've posted this elsewhere as people tend to think of Trueforce as just being about the added effects, but it's not - it's a whole new interface made up of two aspects:

Kinaesthetic feedback - what we usually think of with force feedback wheels... the larger spring forces etc. just running at a higher level of fidelity
Vibrotactile feedback - the ability for the game to stream audio and physics data to the wheel

When you turn TF Audio down to zero then you have effectively switched off that Vibrotactile endpoint, but the Kinaesthetic endpoint is still running with Trueforce, with the advantages that it provides. Turning TF Audio down to zero does get you close to what other wheels are feeling although even then we still have advantages thanks to the 1ms haptic thread that we can run on console (other wheels will only manage 4/5ms depending on which console we're talking). Developers also have other key advantages when using the Trueforce interface, that mean they have a far more granular level of control of the forces that they can send to the wheel as well as reading what the wheel is currently doing - that, coupled with the 1ms thread is what I mean when we say that it's a higher level of fidelity.

We can also produce higher levels of frequency that bass shakers can because there is no bass shaker in the wheel - it's all produced by the DD motor, with a drive control running at 4KHz, so nothing gets missed.

If you want full torque back whilst you wait for Polyphony to update then switch the wheel to G923 mode, but be prepared for a less than optimal experience due to the game then using G923's specific tuning settings with regards to wheel centering: you'll have a VERY aggressive centering force that results in crazy wheel oscillations around the centre when driving down straights.

Oh and I suggested knocking that vibration setting back from 150 - that's going to be extremely loud and unsubtle. Recommended is usually around the 35 mark.

Last edited:
Quick question @LOGI_Rich. My center positioning of the wheel is ok, is there anything else added or updated other than that feature? I suppose I'm asking is it worth doing the firmware update if it's all working fine?

If I was the owner of Logitech, I would stand for my costumers right to get all the 11Nm that is promised, and have sended an army of lawyears over to PD for already awhile ago, and accuse them for sabotage. Im serious. We have paid 1500€ for this, and You guys wait IF perhaps PD someday will do something.. 🥹

If I was the owner of Logitech, I would stand for my costumers right to get all the 11Nm that is promised, and have sended an army of lawyears over to PD for already awhile ago, and accuse them for sabotage. Im serious. We have paid 1500€ for this, and You guys wait IF perhaps PD someday will do something.. 🥹
We can only speculate. I think this topic is very sensitive and there is a lot going on behind the scene.

We can only speculate. I think this topic is very sensitive and there is a lot going on behind the scene.
Perhaps, we will never know the whole story, but what's the chance, it's about money and not just health/safety issues or regulations.

Who knows, possibly a similar situation with TRU FORCE, let's wait and see how many of the upcoming games support it and if indeed any such titles will improve over the limited settings in titles like GT7 to give more independent gain settings for specific effects. Something you would think Logitech would be keen on establishing, so it can be more finely tuned for the user.

I think a lot of people will be angry/annoyed if FM does not only feel great with this wheel but also has TF included.
You would think a leading title of this caliber would have been a dead cert for Logitech to partner with MS T10?

(Going by the list below) is their only 4 games with TF supported for XBOX? FM would have been a great way to help promote the benefits of their product for not only current owners but also attract future potential customers. What a bummer if this title wont have it included.

Not one of the videos "I have seen" for those who got the FM preview/demo has used this wheel on it neither. So we are kinda in the dark until it releases.

Regards TF, Forza Horizon 4 / Forza Horizon 5 / Forza Motorsport 7, none of these supported it (dual clutch oh wow).
Now mmm, F1 2022? and F1 2023? (is the list not updated) or is there no TF support?

Edit* I hope the new WRC title will support it but if its EA now then they are likely onboard but of course its a title-by-title thing we are told.

The question is, will TF support/implementation for 2022 onwards titles improve and increase?
1695247917204.png

The market share this wheel has is probably not that high with its price and being more in the focus of/for console owners. GT7, ACC, and Dirt Rally 2.0 are the primary titles that likely brought most of its sales. It seems most PC owners, prefer to buy a more sim enthusiast established/dedicated DD option for PC.

Yes, I feel let down by Logitech, they will at some point, release new hardware for more sales, but it pisses me off that they have a feature like TF that has potential and they can't or won't get more studios/developers to either update titles they have for it. Or (time will tell) to ensure upcoming titles are supportive and interested in implementing it well into their game$.

Nothing personal to Rich here who does excellent work but it's an expensive product that is let down by these factors.

Last edited:
The market share this wheel has is probably not that high with its price and being more in the focus of/for console owners. GT7, ACC, and Dirt Rally 2.0 are the primary titles that likely brought most of its sales. It seems most PC owners, prefer to buy a more sim enthusiast established/dedicated DD option for PC.
I think the DD G Pro still has a slight edge even on the PC side if $$$ isn't a factor, but the competition is certainly more fierce here than on console, the slight edge doesn't quite make up for lack-of / slow-growing eco-system unfortunately.

They're certainly working on something but a little too long in between release I feel. Maybe could have further interest with a release of a simple rim (F1 / round, minimal work, just rim shape change) keep everything else the same while working on that F1 special release. "Keep the camp fire burning with some logs now and then" sort of speaks. Even the option of buying the other OEM rim isn't quite there either after all this time is rather disappointing 😔, perhaps supplies constraints.

The Racing Adapter was abit of strange release, maybe an indication they're likely still a long way from a G Pro Shifter release 🥴 or maybe I'm just reading too much into it 😆.

Perhaps testing the market, perhaps a really small team of developers and too many projects competing for resource 🤷‍♂️.

Last edited:
The Racing Adapter is simply a reflection of the fact that we had to change from the old analog connectivity system that was part of the range previously, coupled with the fact that there is a HUGE install base of our shifters and pedal sets out there. Not everyone can afford to upgrade their entire system at once. Maybe they want load cell, therefore they get Pro Pedals with the Adapter so they can connect it to their G-series wheel on console; maybe they want the benefit of direct drive, but are fine with their pedals and shifter (there's a lot of people who have modded them with things like Truebrake or 3DRap etc.) so they need the adapter to connect to the Pro Wheel.

Fair points @LOGI_Rich, makes sense to give existing customers upgrade paths. Just wish we could fast forward this wait for the essentials 😂. A Pro Racing Shifter would seriously challenge Fanatec, perhaps this is when G Pro Racing as a system makes more sense for prospectors.

Last edited:
I recently started playing rf2. The wheel FFB is so good there, that I completely forgot rf2 doesn't support TF.

Comparing to AC, where the lack of TF support is very obvious.

Last edited:
@IfAndOr I always recommend staying up to date. There are other under the hood things updated in there - they’re just not major enough to call out.
To be honest Rich Ghub is sometimes unreliable software and I hate updating firmware because I'm convinced it's going to brick my wheel at some point. Case in point, Ghub just failed twice in a row and then after disconnecting and reconnecting the wheel tried again and had a critical error forcing me to restart both. Firmware update then failed again, so nah. I'm staying put for now, just don't trust that software.

e; couldn't leave well enough alone, plugged the wheel into my MacBook and installed GHub and it updated without issue. So maybe I just don't trust GHub on windows!

Last edited:
To be honest Rich Ghub is sometimes unreliable software and I hate updating firmware because I'm convinced it's going to brick my wheel at some point. Case in point, Ghub just failed twice in a row and then after disconnecting and reconnecting the wheel tried again and had a critical error forcing me to restart both. Firmware update then failed again, so nah. I'm staying put for now, just don't trust that software.

e; couldn't leave well enough alone, plugged the wheel into my MacBook and installed GHub and it updated without issue. So maybe I just don't trust GHub on windows!
When I got my wheel I couldn’t not get GHub to do its thing to firmware update for the adapter I presume. Wheel worked pedals didn’t until finally it installed it and my pedals worked. Three hours all while listening to my friends race. I deleted and reinstalled GHub two or three times before it finally took. Even then, GHub locked up, I had to shut everything down, booted it all back up again, boom it was working in GT7 pedals too. Good enough. I haven’t hooked the wheel up again to GHub for the same reason. I get scared.

Has anyone been able to get their wheel to work with BeamNg? I havent been able to play it for atleast the past 3 months without my ffb cutting out almost instantly. Developers from Beam have told me the issue is strictly within the Logitech software, as its been reported across multiple games. Anyone have any advice to point me in the right direction? Please please, and thank you.

I take it you've tried G923 mode?

For all intents and purposes you can think of it as "compatibility mode" - IOW something to fall back on if necessary.

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to get their wheel to work with BeamNg? I havent been able to play it for atleast the past 3 months without my ffb cutting out almost instantly. Developers from Beam have told me the issue is strictly within the Logitech software, as its been reported across multiple games. Anyone have any advice to point me in the right direction? Please please, and thank you.
Zero problems in Beam or in other games. The developers are referring to an old issue with some people’s PCs with the direct input dlls, but that’s been fixed for ages. Have you enabled Trueforce in the force feedback options?

I was hoping we would get the Xbox compatible wheel to add to the PS base. I thought I remember when I bought my PS base that you could in the future add a Xbox wheel and get compatibility across all platforms. If we don’t get one before the new Forza Motorsport comes out I will have to drag my old Fanatec base and pedals out and start using it again, glad I saved it in the closet.

Just got my G Pro wheel and pedal set and found a nice option to mount the wheel base. Its a wheel plate from Advanced Sim Racing in Canada, its easy to install on your profile 80/20 cockpit and rock solid.

Here are some pictures of my install:

IMG_8634.jpeg
IMG_8636.jpeg
IMG_8619.jpeg
IMG_8612.jpeg

@Marky264 (and anyone else who needs it) The re-centre function is now added in today's release of G HUB - just ask it to update in the settings to get the latest version. The support article showing you how to reset centre can be found here, but as it says, you must first apply the firmware update that is also available in today's G HUB release.
Thank you so much Rich.

Updated this evening and I can happily report it’s now finally centred. Improved immediately on the Gran Turismo Movie Time Trial back into the Gold Times. It makes such a difference having a centred wheel! So relieved that I didn’t need to send it away for replacement. Thank you for adding something that we needed for those that it’s affected.

Heads up for those on Apple Macs, G-Hub on my MacBook M1 didn't auto-update even though the option is selected, I had to manually remove and install the newer version. Will try the update a little later tonight, mine's also off centered slightly but being on VR I don't see the wheel while driving so doesn't bother me as much as some but glad the Logitech team got it sorted quick and smart 👍.

On another front, I notice the display on my wheel has developed a missing vertical line on the LCD display, not sure when it all started but hope it doesn't get worst 🥴.

Anyone experiencing similar?

Attachments

• DSC09841.JPG
    DSC09841.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC09843.JPG
    DSC09843.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 13
On another front, I notice the display on my wheel has developed a missing vertical line on the LCD display, not sure when it all started but hope it doesn't get worst 🥴.

Anyone experiencing similar?
I don't have this issue, but I'd do a warranty claim before the end of warranty.

Latest Posts

Back