Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

I’ve tried a long passive replacement cable before and it worked. I can’t remember exact length but over 3m, had to shave the miniUSB plug abit to fit, works but probably not recommended for device that draws power from USB as the voltage drop across the length might cause instability, luckily the wheel base has it’s own supply and the signal was ok for me with the cable at the time.

UPDATE: Just went and measured it, 5m, longer than I thought but just something I had laying around at work and like you I needed something at the time but didn’t try it long term so can’t speak for reliability.

Last edited:
Forza Motorsport (2023 XBOX) - No/Weak force feedback, no jog wheel input support, RPM/Shift LEDs almost work correctly (I can't tell exactly what they are trying to show)

What a major letdown... After many years of development and the Logi Pro wheel being out over a year (not to mention the even older wheels with additional features and buttons), and they still found a way to screw up the steering wheel experience.

Maybe they will have another day 1 patch tomorrow (won't hold my breath).

I tried a long passive replacement cable before and it worked. I can’t remember exact length but over 3m, had to shave the miniUSB plug abit to fit, works but probably not recommended for device that draws power from USB as the voltage drop across the length might cause instability, luckily the wheel base has it’s own supply and the signal was ok for me with the cable at the time.

UPDATE: Just went and measured it, 5m, longer than I thought but just something I had laying around at work and like you I needed something at the time but didn’t try it long term so can’t speak for reliability.
ok, thanks!

Forza Motorsport (2023 XBOX) - No/Weak force feedback, no jog wheel input support, RPM/Shift LEDs almost work correctly (I can't tell exactly what they are trying to show)

What a major letdown... After many years of development and the Logi Pro wheel being out over a year (not to mention the even older wheels with additional features and buttons), and they still found a way to screw up the steering wheel experience.

Maybe they will have another day 1 patch tomorrow (won't hold my breath).
There's no Trueforce support at launch (although they are using it partially, to get the RPM LEDs working). I've not had any issues with no/weak FFB though on either the Xbox or PC version? Once you dial in the settings, I've found that it's feeling great.

I'll work on tweaking the settings when i get home from work. I didn't think to check if my kids reduced the wheel force on the base last night. I only did the first 3 intro races.

Hey Rich, I am testing the new forza motorsport with my G pro DD and pretty happy with the results using the recommended settings you have posted. My biggest complaint is mostly the lack of feel from curbs, which sounds like it may be due to the lack of trueforce support.

My other slight complaint is I am using the PlayStation wheel and base, which works great except the button labels in the in game settings are using generic "button #" labels so it is hard to match which button I am mapping without some trial and error. I assume this would be less of an issue with the Xbox wheel, we still cannot purchase this separate to use with a PlayStation base, correct?

There's no Trueforce support at launch (although they are using it partially, to get the RPM LEDs working). I've not had any issues with no/weak FFB though on either the Xbox or PC version? Once you dial in the settings, I've found that it's feeling great.
Are the RPM lights always meant to have one on (Xbox)? Felt this looked a little strange compared to other games that don't.

Hope they can match ACC and DiRT Rally 2.0 and bring us TrueForce audio - there's a thread to vote for it on their forums: https://forums.forza.net/t/true-force-for-logitech-wheels/565565

Also liking these settings from the video you guys retweeted, just using the regular Forza Horizon wheel settings with strength turned up:
Screenshot_20231006_110609_com.google.android.youtube-01.jpeg

@notarjy Turning up the road feel might well get you more feeling from the kerbs. Switching to the Xbox wheel rim won't get you correct onscreen button prompts, at least based on the pre-release version I have access to - it's always been like this in Forza though on PC when it comes to wheels.

@whannel How the RPM LEDs behave is up to the developer. As for settings, it just totally highlights the subjective nature of FFB! I've seen some very unusual settings being shared this week - everything from turning the center spring off completely to shoving everything up towards 200 (where you can, anyway) but hey, if it works for that person then go for it! Maxime's settings are good - I sent her my settings last week, so it looks like she's tweaked things from there, which is exactly the point of our settings; they're a starting point recommendation for you to go and tune as you like it.

Hello all,

Maxime's FFB is not transferable to the PC for me. The vibration scale and the "Steering Self Alignment" is the biggest problem for me. The latter feels very unrealistic.

I have therefore based my current FFB settings on the video of Kireth and only adjusted the vibration scale and Steering Self Alignment.

We can't set the vibration that high on our G Pro Wheel because otherwise the whole rig vibrates.

I am currently satisfied with the attached settings. I think that only the two points mentioned can be adjusted according to your own preferences.

In the wheel I have increased the damper a bit, because otherwise the steering wheel oscillates too much on the straight.

Feel free to try it out and give me feedback. In general the FFB can't be compared with GT7 at the moment. Here I find GT7 clearly better.

Kind regards, Thomas

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Ingame.jpg
    Ingame.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 24
Was there an update to GT7 that restored full FBB to the wheel? Because my steering felt MUCH stronger and I verified I was able to hit 10+ NM.

Last edited:
My wheel seemed to be creaking when turning left or right. I thought I read somebody had that issue in here and had to return it?

If the wheel is off or I’m not driving anything there is no creaking, it’s only when I’m driving around the track. Also seems to be only up to like 70 degrees either way is where the creaking is.

Right now the only way to do it is to use something like Drivehub, which is not something we recommend, because you won't get Trueforce support through it (and the long term viability of Drivehub as a solution is questionable, given that the platform holders could block what it does at some point).

If you want to ensure in the future that you can cover all platforms you need the PlayStation version of the wheel because the security chip is in the base, whereas the Xbox security chip is in the wheel rims. Then if we release more wheel rims, getting an Xbox version will give you multi-platform compatibility.
Why is the PC wheel rim available separately but not the Xbox wheel rim separately? I am willing to pay $ right now if you can get me the Xbox wheel rim

@maverick1234 I'm afraid I can't go into any detail on this.

@hawkeyez if you turn the wheel off, turn the rim 90 degrees to the left and then push/pull alternately with your hands (keeping them at the usual grip positions) do you hear anything then?
Come to think of it this original post is the reason I went with Logitech over Fanatec, You saying this would be a possibility in the previous post, swayed me towards the underdog..... should have stuck with my instincts, had an idea Logitech would end up licking ********* *****

What if there is some warranty issue with the original Xbox wheel rim when purchased in package.

As I’ve said elsewhere in this thread, we are working on numerous projects, but unfortunately nothing is available right now.

Come to think of it this original post is the reason I went with Logitech over Fanatec, You saying this would be a possibility in the previous post, swayed me towards the underdog..... should have stuck with my instincts, had an idea Logitech would end up licking ********* *****

What if there is some warranty issue with the original Xbox wheel rim when purchased in package.
I agree. I thought for sure Logitech would have a additional accessories for the G Pro wheel. I should have know better and just went with a company that had an ecosystem already in place. Logitech says they are working on things, but talk is cheap. I think they are FOS until proven otherwise.

The stinking pedal set has a clutch pedal but doesn't even have a matching shifter, their answer to that was , we have an adapter so you can use the old shifter...... Great now I can buy an old shifter from a Walmart quality wheel set. I spent over $1300 for this wheel set on the premise I'd be able to multit platform

I agree. I thought for sure Logitech would have a additional accessories for the G Pro wheel. I should have know better and just went with a company that had an ecosystem already in place. Logitech says they are working on things, but talk is cheap. I think they are FOS until proven otherwise

I agree. I thought for sure Logitech would have a additional accessories for the G Pro wheel. I should have know better and just went with a company that had an ecosystem already in place. Logitech says they are working on things, but talk is cheap. I think they are FOS until proven otherwise.

I'm obviously not moaning at Rich as he is very much just the messenger, and very appreciated, but I do agree that it's a particularly irritating policy to hide everything from the customers throughout development.

Although understandable to a degree as potentially they don't know what hurdles they'll hit or what products may end up not being viable etc., but combining that policy with launching a £1000+ wheel / pedal setup with a quick release and clutch pedal and then offering nothing appropriate for over a year is a great recipe for disgruntled customers.

The adapter makes sense for those wanting to gradually upgrade to the G Pro ecosystem (we should use that term loosely for now...!) but feels like the sort of thing that should have released alongside the wheel really.

The lack of a suitable shifter (on console) for such a good wheel is frustrating.

@maverick1234 I'm afraid I can't go into any detail on this.

@hawkeyez if you turn the wheel off, turn the rim 90 degrees to the left and then push/pull alternately with your hands (keeping them at the usual grip positions) do you hear anything then?
Wheel totally cold, 90 degrees, push/pull but not too hard, I heard quite a creak one way, but then it didn’t make that noise again. The housing sort of clicks and creaks but that’s a different sound to what I was experiencing. I’ll try it after a few hours of racing as that’s when the creaking door sound had showed up. It was more like a dragging a rubber soled shoe on a floor sound. Squeaking creaking sound.

Was there an update to GT7 that restored full FBB to the wheel? Because my steering felt MUCH stronger and I verified I was able to hit 10+ NM.
I played the game last night and saw that FFB was back down to the 6-7NM range. I definitely wasn't smoking anything that night when I played. I should've taken a video. Since then, I tried to reproduce the steps I took to turn while turning on the game but no luck. It was definitely some sort of combination of "something" that allowed the full range of FFB up to 11nm. That night, I had the steering wheel base maxed but in game FFB settings down to 5 to bring it down to what I was used to with the nerfed FFB settings.

Right now the only way to do it is to use something like Drivehub, which is not something we recommend, because you won't get Trueforce support through it (and the long term viability of Drivehub as a solution is questionable, given that the platform holders could block what it does at some point).

If you want to ensure in the future that you can cover all platforms you need the PlayStation version of the wheel because the security chip is in the base, whereas the Xbox security chip is in the wheel rims. Then if we release more wheel rims, getting an Xbox version will give you multi-platform compatibility.
FYI drive hub does not offer support for the g pro, neither does the other one made by company called Brook. At this juncture I see no other option I am selling my entire setup 2 months old can't play half the games I want to. I'm not sure if I'll have any luck. I guess I'll have to get possibly the moza r9 which is supported by most wheel converters

I'm obviously not moaning at Rich as he is very much just the messenger, and very appreciated, but I do agree that it's a particularly irritating policy to hide everything from the customers throughout development.

Although understandable to a degree as potentially they don't know what hurdles they'll hit or what products may end up not being viable etc., but combining that policy with launching a £1000+ wheel / pedal setup with a quick release and clutch pedal and then offering nothing appropriate for over a year is a great recipe for disgruntled customers.

The adapter makes sense for those wanting to gradually upgrade to the G Pro ecosystem (we should use that term loosely for now...!) but feels like the sort of thing that should have released alongside the wheel really.

The lack of a suitable shifter (on console) for such a good wheel is frustrating.

Guess I found my new setup, should have checked out Fanatec from the get go. If only I could upgrade to a PC and be confident I won't break it

Maverick, I bought my PS/PC version of the G Pro right after it came out and like you figuring I would add a Xbox compatible rim when it was available. Since that never happened and I have Xbox games I want to play ( and now the new Forza ) I removed the G Pro and pedals from my rig and boxed them up and reinstalled my Fanatec DD1 F1 PS4 wheelbase with a Xbox compatible wheel and V3 pedal set. Enjoying playing the new Forza with it. I am so glad I didn’t sell off my Fanatec setup. I like the Logitech wheel setup but for me they have gone too long to bring out new rims and accessories for the G Pro line. Not sure if I will sell it or just leave it in the closet for now.

Last edited:
Back