Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Does anyone know if the G PRO wheel and pedals works with a Mac? The G Hub software has a download for Mac but the wheel specifications only say PC (or PS5 etc.).

Does anyone know if the G PRO wheel and pedals works with a Mac? The G Hub software has a download for Mac but the wheel specifications only say PC (or PS5 etc.).

I've used Ghub on the Mac to update my GPRO firmware, and there was FFB resistance in Ghub, but I know that people on reddit have had a hell of a time getting it to work in games (particularly any Crossover/Wine type stuff). Apple made some noise about better supporting peripherals lately but I never dug into it as there's not really any native titles on Mac anyway. Hook it up and try :)

Bought the G pro steering wheel and pedals in March. It's now been sold. Main reason being, GT7 is the best thing about the wheel, but the force feedback is all over the place, keeps changing every update and it's getting annoying, plus the lack of rims and timescales are frustrating.

Bought into fanatec, their black Friday sale was too good imo, for half the price of what I got for the wheel and pedals, I got a CSL DD, formula wheel 2.5 X and csl elite v2 pedals. Bought the boost kit for £35 from China so under £500 all in. Yes I can't play GT7 anymore, but what's the point when the force feedback is crap. If it gets better, I'll just sell the csl DD and get the DD+ at some point.

Also looking forward to getting a rally wheel.

Logitech need to improve their game and quickly.

Last edited:
Bought the G pro steering wheel and pedals in March. It's now been sold. Main reason being, GT7 is the best thing about the wheel, but the force feedback is all over the place, keeps changing every update and it's getting annoying, plus the lack of rims and timescales are frustrating.

Bought into fanatec, their black Friday sale was too good imo, for half the price of what I got for the wheel and pedals, I got a CSL DD, formula wheel 2.5 X and csl elite v2 pedals. Bought the boost kit for £35 from China so under £500 all in.

Also looking forward to getting a rally wheel.

Logitech need to improve their game and quickly.

Just curious, you went from an 11nm wheelbase to an 8nm wheelbase only for GT 7 or did I misunderstand that? I get the price difference is a factor, I'm just not sure I understand the other points. If it's cost alone, for sure. Again, not being critical, just wondering because, in my experience, the G Pro is superior to the CSL DD in pretty much all ways other than rim choices, which if GT 7 is your main concern I wouldn't think matters much. Not being critical, just curious because I don't understand I guess. I am interested in what the new 15nm PS5 / PC wheel will be like, but that's a ways away.

e; If you mean you might as well save $ as the 11nm is wasted in GT7 currently I get that. I'm disappointed in the current state of FFB for GPro in GT7 as well.

Last edited:
Just curious, you went from an 11nm wheelbase to an 8nm wheelbase only for GT 7 or did I misunderstand that? I get the price difference is a factor, I'm just not sure I understand the other points. If it's cost alone, for sure. Again, not being critical, just wondering because, in my experience, the G Pro is superior to the CSL DD in pretty much all ways other than rim choices, which if GT 7 is your main concern I wouldn't think matters much. Not being critical, just curious because I don't understand I guess. I am interested in what the new 15nm PS5 / PC wheel will be like, but that's a ways away.

The CSL DD 8nm is more of a stop gap for me, to play F1 on PC and proper Rally which I haven't been able to since buying the G Pro. GT7 VR is great but the force feedback needs sorting out.

I will be upgrading in the near future to the DD or DD+.

The CSL DD 8nm is more of a stop gap for me, to play F1 on PC and proper Rally which I haven't been able to since buying the G Pro. GT7 VR is great but the force feedback needs sorting out.

I will be upgrading in the near future to the DD or DD+.

Ok - the CSL DD doesn't support PS5, though, I misunderstood your post I guess you're just done with GT7, which is clear re-reading your post. The GPro is awesome on PC, unless again you want other rims which I guess is the sticking issue for you, makes sense. I'm pretty happy with mine but I drive AC/ACC on PC and GT7 PS5. Hope it works out for you!

Here's my wishlist:

GT3 Rim - seriously this is the thing that should've been out by now
H Shifter - but I'd only really use this on PC in AC so I can just buy any shifter, but again should've been announced by now
F1 & Drift/Rally rim - I don't need it but I know lots do

And that's about it? Like I know people talk about ecosystems but really this isn't pokemons - sure other brands are better for collecting neat things but that's never been Logitechs approach. I will say though, I think the fact that Simracing gear is 1/10000 of their annual revenue hurts the product dev and marketing cycles. If you're Fanatec or Moza, Simracing is what you have to do well. If you're Logitech, well, it's a rounding error on the balance sheet and I think that shows, no dis on the team working on these products.

Last edited:
Another day, another article on the home page rubbing the Fanatec ecosystem in my face. I'm actually tempted to bail on Logitech and go to a DD+ given the availability of a shifter, a handbrake, and a round wheel, all discounted. Maybe it wouldn't click and creak constantly either.

Leaves a sour taste in the mouth really. Guess what, Logitech is a huge company, of course it's working on 'things'. I'm working on 'things' too, doesn't mean I'm making a shifter either, and crucially doesn't mean I've made any actual commitments to anything legally binding.

Nothing against Rich at all, he's doing his job :)

So i bit the bullet and ordered the toy shifter and the adapter :grumpy:

edit: i just read that it's not compatible with the Playseat Trophy mount... :banghead:

What i read was wrong, just mounted it and it's perfectly compatible, among other shifters.

Last edited:
You need to add "We're working on things" to your signature @LOGI_Rich. Not that anyone would read it! 🙂

Hoorah, a question for you that doesn't involve rims, shifters etc etc...
The average torque shown on the display - what sort of time period is it averaging over? It seems very short because it drops back down quite quickly. You can go through a series of bends then look down to see what the torque was like and the figure is already back near zero because you're now on a straight section. A longer time period for the average to be over would be preferable, it's very close to the live torque figure as it stands.
A peak torque display might be more useful - it could also reset after a period of time. Perhaps an update sometime? 😉

Have to agree with that. I bought the DD Pro first and had to return it for the lack of FF and general sensations in GT7.

I will say that for PC sim racing in iRacing, I had to go back to my Accuforce DD wheel. The FFB is cleaner, and more precise and powerful with the Accuforce. I think it has something to do with how the Accuforce works with iRacing, they have something special there. The G Pro in iRacing is good, but the signal is muddier. I do admit that the curbs feel much better with the G Pro, the Trueforce does wonders for curbs.

You need to add "We're working on things" to your signature @LOGI_Rich. Not that anyone would read it! 🙂

The average torque shown on the display - what sort of time period is it averaging over? It seems very short because it drops back down quite quickly. You can go through a series of bends then look down to see what the torque was like and the figure is already back near zero because you're now on a straight section. A longer time period for the average to be over would be preferable, it's very close to the live torque figure as it stands.
A peak torque display might be more useful - it could also reset after a period of time. Perhaps an update sometime? 😉
LOL, he has been saying that all year anytime some mentions accessories/ecosystem regarding the Logitech Pro Wheel.

I totally agree with this. A bit longer visible time of the average torque would be a nice improvement for the wheel. Now, it’s really fast back to zero indeed.

Massive amount of crying users that bought a product for its future possibilities that are not even mentioned / officially confirmed by anybody.

Well, the problem is not the wheel or Logitech but you. If your key feature is wheels , shifter, handbrake.... why the hell you bought a product that can't offer it? For the sake of the future.... tomorrow you may decide to stop simracing, then what? Who's fault that gonna be? it's not well planned purchase, sell it or keep it an move on. It's just a wheel not a house or a car.

No need to inform us about you selling your wheel. Nobody cares about your wrong choise.

Have fun!✌️

Last edited:
Massive amount of crying users that bought a product for its future possibilities that are not even mentioned / officially confirmed by anybody.

Well, the problem is not the wheel or Logitech but you. If your key feature is wheels , shifter, handbrake.... why the hell you bought a product that can't offer it? For the sake of the future.... tomorrow you may decide to stop simracing, then what? Who's fault that gonna be? it's not well planned purchase, sell it or keep it an move on. It's just a wheel not a house or a car.

No need to inform us about you selling your wheel. Nobody cares about your wrong choise.

Have fun!✌️

Lol I'm not crying.

The wheel and pedals effectively cost me £50 over 8 months. Had good use out of it.. time to move on to a better eco system, that's the truth of it.

Fanatec has always have a better Eco system, so if you are looking for that. You'd to do that 8 months before.

Sadly for your wasted time, But there is no bad experience, maybe the eco system is not the most important thing. Anyway, better later than never.

Regards!

Last edited:
Fanatec has always have a better Eco system, so if you are looking for that. You'd to do that 8 months before.

Sadly for your wasted time, But there is no bad experience, maybe the eco system is not the most important thing. Anyway, better later than never.

Regards!
Exactly. The Fanatec ecosystem goes back to 2012 when they introduced the CSW V1. I had one, I got the Formula and BMW GT wheels. That is an 11 year head start and so if that was the priority, you definitely buy Fanatec.

Is there a known fix for the “click” every time I think I have it figured out, it comes back.

It’s definitely a QR “click” it was really bad recently I could hear it through while wearing headphones and turning right. I pulled the wheel off, push the click release down so I could see the ball bearings, spun those randomly, turned the collar, turned the spring put it back on. All good.

Why is this happening? I also noticed a mark on the quick release part on the base not the wheel. Like it was rubbing somehow. I like the wheel but I’m starting to wonder if I need to open up a support ticket, I think I’m nearing end of warranty. I expected the wheel to be silent besides the vibrating FFB.

Wheel feels awesome. The clicking does not. I just wish Logitech was like, oh yours clicks yeah we had a bad batch of wheels, the ball bearings weren’t to spec or the wheel base shaft has out of spec machining where the ball bearings sit or if it clicks, use this grease in those pockets for the ball bearings as it’s the ball bearing slamming against the pocket. I swear that’s what it is. But I’ve thought I’ve had it figured out before.

I think at this point it's worth you raising a ticket with support; they can send just a replacement wheel rim.

As for the rubbing you're seeing on the QR adapter yes, this is normal. Some rubbing (Isopropyl) alcohol will soon take care of that dark mark that you see if you wish to get rid of it, but it's not going to affect performance.

With regards to warranty, it's two years.

I think at this point it's worth you raising a ticket with support; they can send just a replacement wheel rim.

As for the rubbing you're seeing on the QR adapter yes, this is normal. Some rubbing (Isopropyl) alcohol will soon take care of that dark mark that you see if you wish to get rid of it, but it's not going to affect performance.

With regards to warranty, it's two years.
Thanks maybe I’ll give them a shout. See what think.

I hate to ask this, but could you do a couple of comparison videos of a few corners' driving with game audio off? One with TF Audio on the base set to 100 (set after you get into the car) and one with TF Audio set to 0 (again, after getting in the car)? Or just do it in the one video - start with it at 100 and then turn it down.

Make sure the Vibration setting in GT7's control options is set to 100 for this (so we can be sure we hear it). I've got to ask because you're the only person who's reporting this and we know the wheel is fine in other games, so it's not like it's an issue with the wheel.

I haven't had time before now to make the video so here it is:

I have tried everything also reinstalled GT7. Still no Trueforce.
Just a thought on the grid demo and in dirt rally 2.0 it works fin but those 2 games are ps4 versions. Can it be something with ps5 compability?

So PD has now even turned off Trueforce for GT7? omg...

I'm glad that I've sold the wheel, PSVR2 and all these unnecessery accessories. It's just to much weird stuff. The pure joy of gaming on a console was not there.

For last two weeks I'm back on PS3 with Dualsense controller, playing convieniently GT5 on big OLED TV. GT6 is next on the list, I have also GT2 ready to go.

I don't want to blame the wheel, because it was really good. But... I play only GT games. GT7 is an incomplete game, full of patches, changes.

I realized that the wheel and GT7 was making me nervous. I was waiting from patch to patch, will PD unlock full 11 Nm force? Will they change FFB again? Will there be a shifter? Will ot work properly in GT7? Is Fanatec going to be prioritized by polyphony? etc etc.

Generally as I'm getting older I see more beauty in older games, these were so predictable, complete, and are fun to play now. Graphics is not everything.

Back