Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Reply to someone who posted a review for the pedals on logitechs website

Actually if you go through the reviews for the pro products someone from customer service has been replying for several weeks hinting that more is coming. One in particular was this message verbatim but called it a "pro shifter"

@LOGI_Rich
I have exactly the same problem. I live in France, I placed my order on the first of February, I received the pedals on the 6th of February but I still have no news about the wheel... And the customer service is really of no help.
Hi, I also live in France and I have the same problem as you both, can I get any information about my order ?
Thanks !

Why would I get this wheel if it's GT-limited to 7 Nm? :boggled:
And if competitor is not.
Might not be Logitech's fault, but still. Would be quite tempting otherwise.

Last edited:
It's absolutely crazy that I'm still sitting here with €1.500 and don't know where to spend them.

We're well over a year in and the G-Pro is still not an ecosystem, but "just" a wheel with a quick release and Fanatec seems to have all sorts of problems with customer service and actually shipping products to customers that I also don't feel confident giving them my money.

A bit frustrating tbh.

I bought a Logitech because I wanted to buy from a reliable company who provide good back up service. There's a rep here providing lots of support, none from Fanatec. I don't need a shifter, handbrake or F1 wheel yet. I play on XBox so the PS5 and GT7 issues are not relevant. Mine arrived within 5 days of placing my order.

I bought a Logitech because I wanted to buy from a reliable company who provide good back up service. There's a rep here providing lots of support, none from Fanatec. Mine arrived within 5 days of placing my order.
This is exactly why I want the G Pro. But I want to be certain that they'll keep going and build this out into an actual ecosystem.

Last edited:
It's absolutely crazy that I'm still sitting here with €1.500 and don't know where to spend them.

We're well over a year in and the G-Pro is still not an ecosystem, but "just" a wheel with a quick release and Fanatec seems to have all sorts of problems with customer service and actually shipping products to customers that I also don't feel confident giving them my money.

A bit frustrating tbh.

I was dead set on building a Fanatec setup and I actually bought the CSL V2 pedal during their Black Friday sale and almost ordered their QR2 kit but it went out of stock before I could. Not long after that I started seeing a lot of complaints about their shipping, lack of customer service and reliability issues out of the box etc...I didn't think much of it because I thought since I'm just going to gradually get everything, perhaps by that point, things would have settled down and they would have fixed most of their issues. I was also planning to wait for the DD X to see how it goes.

But while all of that was happening, I started thinking about why I wanted to go with Fanatec and tallied up the estimated cost to build that Fanatec setup with everything that I want. Being in Canada, we have to order their kits from their US website which means currency exchange, duties and other fees. By my estimation, all in all it would have been well over $3200 CDN mark if I were to get everything I wanted from Fanatec.

For me, that's a massive expense for a hobby that I get to enjoy for the better part of 4-6 hrs per week if that. In addition, I had been using a G29 for the last 8 years. It didn't bother me that I didn't have an ecosystem and reliability was absolutely bullet proof during that time. If Logitech does come out with some new wheels, shifter etc...great! I would probably spend some money on that but if they don't then it's whatever. I still have a reasonably powerful wheel and a great set of pedals which are a significant upgrade from my G29 so I'm happy either way.

I say evaluate what really matters to you and make your decision based on those things.

A bit frustrating tbh.
I’d buy a G Pro for customer service alone. I’ve only played GT7, Project Cars 2 and ACC and I’m happy.

I don’t care to have a shifter or handbrake and don’t want one.

Actually that’s a lie, the only reason I’ve thought about of getting a shifter is so I can have a useable clutch in GT7. But that’s on Polyphony Digital not Logitech, although maybe Logitech can speak to them about this. Project Cars 2, I push in the clutch, gear disengaged, I let it out, gear engaged. GT7, push in clutch, neutral, let out clutch, neutral, have to click it back into gear. They don’t understand how a manual transmission works. GT7’s clutch is a one way neutral switch. I’ve heard of you have a shifter hooked up you have a proper working clutch but I don’t actually want to have a stick shift on my rig.

*** edit, GT7 sometimes has a problem with the cars back end stepping out on you and feeling like you can’t get it back. All the while, you’ve completely let off the gas and your countersteering. Why is it so tricky sometimes to save it? I think because you still have power at the rear wheels. In project cars 2, stab the clutch. GT7 you just let your foot off he gas, countersteer and hope it come completely around on you.

I tried using the clutch and it helps, but it’s too much to juggle needing to click it back into gear while countersteering, then you end up clicking into a lower gear or higher gear. Super frustrating. Just give me a clutch that is a momentary switch which disengages the power to the rear wheels haha

If anybody has winter driven, you realize how valuable a clutch really is in icy conditions. No different than hot greasy tires and you’ve pushed it a bit too much. The clutch is a fast way to help you get out of trouble.

Last edited:
We're well over a year in and the G-Pro is still not an ecosystem, but "just" a wheel
My previous DFGT, G27 and G29 were all really "just a wheel" and I had many many years of entertainment out of them. I never felt I needed anything else.

The trouble with large ecosystems is that you feel drawn to spending more money into purchasing items that you feel you want but end up not getting much use out of. Generally most people for most of the time just need a base and a rim to get their racing fix.

A year ago I went the G Pro route and I'm pleased I did, because if I'd gone to Fanatec and all their extras, I'm sure I'd be a much poorer man. 😀
(Heck, many of them are already upgrading their perfectly good DD setup to the latest model, just because it's new! As I said, there always seems to be a craving.)

As @AshenGraey says you need to evaluate what you really need. Do you need immediate access to everything, or "just" a great wheel - for now.

That said I'm still holding out hope for an open wheel at some point. 😉

My previous DFGT, G27 and G29 were all really "just a wheel" and I had many many years of entertainment out of them. I never felt I needed anything else.

The trouble with large ecosystems is that you feel drawn to spending more money into purchasing items that you feel you want but end up not getting much use out of. Generally most people for most of the time just need a base and a rim to get their racing fix.

A year ago I went the G Pro route and I'm pleased I did, because if I'd gone to Fanatec and all their extras, I'm sure I'd be a much poorer man. 😀
(Heck, many of them are already upgrading their perfectly good DD setup to the latest model, just because it's new! As I said, there always seems to be a craving.)

As @AshenGraey says you need to evaluate what you really need. Do you need immediate access to everything, or "just" a great wheel - for now.

That said I'm still holding out hope for an open wheel at some point. 😉

I just want cross platform compatibility. I would have bought the Xbox version of the rim to line up with forza 8 release if it was available.

I'm not "unhappy" with the current shifter option but would be intrigued at a pro product.

Otherwise I'm very happy with the product and gt7 and sadly look at the rig investment I've made when I drag out the g923 and old wheelstand to play forza.

I just want cross platform compatibility.
For those that have both consoles, that would be useful wouldn't it. And quite easy to achieve with the release of a Xbox specific rim by Logitech, although a bit expensive. Perhaps there is a reason they haven't done so yet.

But you can blame the complications on MS and Sony with their "security chips", it'd be much simpler without. It's a good job both aren't in the base! (I've never been sure why the Xbox chip is in the wheel. Seems odd)

Last edited:
Random question, cause I'm not sure how exactly that works but let's say I buy Forza Motorsport or perhaps Forza Horizon 5 on PC, will I have issues with playing them with a PS5 base G Pro? I remember when Horizon 5 came out and I tried the PC version on Steam using my old G29, the game wouldn't recognize it.

Random question,
I wouldn't have thought so. On boot up I'd think you'd just set the base to PC mode and the game shouldn't then know anything about the Playstation option.
(Just a guess since I don't have a PC to check this on)

I wouldn't have thought so. On boot up I'd think you'd just set the base to PC mode and the game shouldn't then know anything about the Playstation option.
(Just a guess since I don't have a PC to check this on)

I figured as much but I haven't tried it yet so thought I'd asked just in case anyone else has confirmed it already. Thanks!

For those that have both consoles, that would be useful wouldn't it. And quite easy to achieve with the release of a Xbox specific rim by Logitech, although a bit expensive. Perhaps there is a reason they haven't done so yet.

But you can blame the complications on MS and Sony with their "security chips", it'd be much simpler without. It's a good job both aren't in the base! (I've never been sure why the Xbox chip is in the wheel. Seems odd)

I guess it's just been frustrating because they already have a phenomenal quick release and an xbox rim that is only purchasable with the base. They sell the PC rim separately now but not the xbox version. I've even offered @LOGI_Rich a bottle of fine whiskey shipped to his desk for just the opportunity to buy the xbox rim. No dice.

Man if my old Logitech momo still worked I’d still be using it. Actually I got out of racing because it was unsupported on the PS4. So I switched to controller and eventually just threw in the towel. Being that the G Pro is new, I don’t think I’ll have that problem but I would be extremely ticked off if it was suddenly unsupported for PS6 or PS7. I bet you I can still hook up the momo to a PC and it works.

Loved using the PS Aimon Elite for call of duty, Sony put an end to that. Thanks a lot for rendering my $100 accessory obsolete. I’d be fine with it, but they don’t offer up the same solution. We can cross play with PC but they don’t allow something like the Aimon? Wow.

@Monkey Man 's post there made me wonder if Polyphony had changed things, so I quickly checked and they haven't, so what I've advised previously still holds true. Here's the situation:

• The Max FFB Torque setting in-game sets the upper limit of torque that you will feel within the wheel.

• The Strength then sets the torque within the boundaries of that upper limit set by the game's Max torque setting, but only if you change it after the game has started.

You can test this very easily by doing the following:
  1. Change the Home Screen value on the wheel to the Torque setting so you can see the output when racing.
  2. Alter the Strength on the wheel to 5Nm and then leave it alone.
  3. Start GT7 and set the Max Torque to 10.
  4. Start a time trial at Blue Moon Speedway and do a few corners - you will note that the torque maxes out around 6.7-6.8Nm.
  5. Change the Max Torque value to 5.
  6. Do more corners and you'll see the max torque at around 3.4Nm.
  7. Quit GT7 back to the PS5 home screen and then start it again.
  8. Do the same time trial at Blue Moon and you'll see the same 3.4-ishNm value on the OLED.
  9. Now go and adjust the Strength setting on the wheel to 5.1Nm.
  10. Do more corners and you'll see that the Max Torque is now in the region of 1.6Nm.
Point 8 shows you that it's the Max Torque value which is always set at game start.
Point 9 shows that the Strength setting operates as a value within that range, but only when you make an adjustment whilst the game is running.

@Mateusz90 Polyphony have currently reduced the maximum torque output for the wheel due to safety concerns. There's no news on when this might change, but it is specific to GT7.
Is this still correct?
What are your settings on Gran Turismo 7?
How do you go about making your settings on games?

Man if my old Logitech momo still worked I’d still be using it.
Oh yeah, I've got one of those somewhere as well. And a driving force wireless - which I had sat on my lap held on by a strap underneath trying to hold it in place. I'm not sure how many Nm that had, not many thankfully.😄

@LOGI_Rich

Is Logitech having shipping/stock issues with the Pro Wheel in central Europe( I am in Germany) right now? I ordered the Pro Wheel/Pedals bundle more than a week ago. They both show in stock and free 1-2day express-delivery is available. Pedals got delivered within two days, but no shipment notification for the wheel so far. Contacted support and they said demand for the wheel is so high they cannot give a shipping date. If that is true, this is a total bummer as one of the main reasons to go with the Pro wheel vs. Fanatec DD+ was that the Pro Wheel is in stock( ironically DD+ started shipping these days). And also if it is true, I donˋt understand why the online shop still says itˋs in stock and shipping within 1-2 days. Any chance you can provide some clarity here? Thanks!
Chris

Hi, everybody!

I purchased the G Pro bundle last 7 February, and I'm experiencing the same situation.

Pedals should arrive in a couple of days, but no sign of the wheel.

I am employed at the After-Sales Service for one of the largest e-commerce sites in Italy, and I guarantee selling goods not in stock as immediately available, is something we would never dare doing, and which would hit our reputation.

Last but not least, I couldn't reach a human operator for the whole day on the Logitech website chat.

@LOGI_Rich, I don't mean to bother, but I feel a bit let down by a company that has my utmost trust, and which I have been a happy customer and user for years, right when I have decided to invest such a hefty amount of money.

Any help would be truly appreciated.

UPDATE: Would you guys believe me, if I told you I received the wheel shipping email five seconds after forwarding this post?

@LOGI_Rich, are you that powerful? Fastest customer care ever :lol:

Last edited:
So did I, should arrive here on Thursday :-) Kudos to @LOGI_Rich, he texted me earlier today apologizing for the situation and saying that it got resolved yesterday and that the wheels should be shipping again. Well, he certainly kept his word.

Hi, everybody!

I purchased the G Pro bundle last 7 February, and I'm experiencing the same situation.

Pedals should arrive in a couple of days, but no sign of the wheel.

I am employed at the After-Sales Service for one of the largest e-commerce sites in Italy, and I guarantee selling goods not in stock as immediately available, is something we would never dare doing, and which would hit our reputation.

Last but not least, I couldn't reach a human operator for the whole day on the Logitech website chat.

@LOGI_Rich, I don't mean to bother, but I feel a bit let down by a company that has my utmost trust, and which I have been a happy customer and user for years, right when I have decided to invest such a hefty amount of money.

Any help would be truly appreciated.

UPDATE: Would you guys believe me, if I told you I received the wheel shipping email five seconds after forwarding this post?

@LOGI_Rich, are you that powerful? Fastest customer care ever :lol:
I received the shipping email today too ! Can’t wait to receive it 😁

I guess it's just been frustrating because they already have a phenomenal quick release and an xbox rim that is only purchasable with the base. They sell the PC rim separately now but not the xbox version. I've even offered @LOGI_Rich a bottle of fine whiskey shipped to his desk for just the opportunity to buy the xbox rim. No dice.
This is what I have been waiting for the past year. I have both consoles and want a Xbox compatible wheel for my PS5 base. I was hoping to have one by now so I could sell off the rest of my Fanatec gear. I am only keeping the Fanatec gear for the Xbox compatibility. I have a separate PC rig with a Simucube 2 Pro so I don’t need any PC rims.

Glad everyone's wheels have started shipping!

@AshenGraey there's no issues with using the PS version of the wheel on PC titles.

@Dankostone Yes, still correct. In-game I set the max torque to 10 and FFB sensitivity to 1, with Vibration set to 35. As for my method for determining settings, it's nothing more scientific than just driving and tweaking until I'm happy with what I'm feeling. Depending on the game you're sometimes looking to correct things like aggressive oscillation by increasing the dampener, but it very much depends on each developer's method for creating what you feel through the wheel.

Logitech is great company. Always has been imo. I have read their (cheaper) wheels are much more durable than others. I have G29 too. And Driving Force Pro from PS2 times. Many controllers and of course PC peripherals. Now they just have to fix some things, release more wheels and accessories (personally I don't need them, but many do) and maybe lower price a bit more, right now it's 1265€ shipped here with pedals, and I'd be happy to have Logitech over Fanatec. Btw. I tried their chat yesterday asking for discount codes, didn't get anything, but I didn't have to wait long.

More competition is of course good, and Turtle Beach has their new wheel set on pre-order. Almost as good as G Pro on paper, with some extras, 699€. Only for PC/Xbox. Maybe this will lower prices. https://eu.turtlebeach.com/pages/velocity-one-race

Logitech is great company. Always has been imo. I have read their (cheaper) wheels are much more durable than others. I have G29 too. And Driving Force Pro from PS2 times. Many controllers and of course PC peripherals. Now they just have to fix some things, release more wheels and accessories (personally I don't need them, but many do) and maybe lower price a bit more, right now it's 1265€ shipped here with pedals, and I'd be happy to have Logitech over Fanatec. Btw. I tried their chat yesterday asking for discount codes, didn't get anything, but I didn't have to wait long.

More competition is of course good, and Turtle Beach has their new wheel set on pre-order. Almost as good as G Pro on paper, with some extras, 699€. Only for PC/Xbox. Maybe this will lower prices. https://eu.turtlebeach.com/pages/velocity-one-race
It looks incredible cheap to me. Will have to wait for reviews. Would be hard to imagine the same kind of quality as the G Pro for that price.

Glad everyone's wheels have started shipping!

@AshenGraey there's no issues with using the PS version of the wheel on PC titles.

@Dankostone Yes, still correct. In-game I set the max torque to 10 and FFB sensitivity to 1, with Vibration set to 35. As for my method for determining settings, it's nothing more scientific than just driving and tweaking until I'm happy with what I'm feeling. Depending on the game you're sometimes looking to correct things like aggressive oscillation by increasing the dampener, but it very much depends on each developer's method for creating what you feel through the wheel.
Thank you, these settings suit me perfectly for GT7. Do you have any settings for EA Sport WRC on PS5? I don't see them on the Logitech website.

Latest Posts

Back