Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

@LOGI_Rich

Is Logitech having shipping/stock issues with the Pro Wheel in central Europe( I am in Germany) right now? I ordered the Pro Wheel/Pedals bundle more than a week ago. They both show in stock and free 1-2day express-delivery is available. Pedals got delivered within two days, but no shipment notification for the wheel so far. Contacted support and they said demand for the wheel is so high they cannot give a shipping date. If that is true, this is a total bummer as one of the main reasons to go with the Pro wheel vs. Fanatec DD+ was that the Pro Wheel is in stock( ironically DD+ started shipping these days). And also if it is true, I donˋt understand why the online shop still says itˋs in stock and shipping within 1-2 days. Any chance you can provide some clarity here? Thanks!
Chris

@LOGI_Rich

Is Logitech having shipping/stock issues with the Pro Wheel in central Europe( I am in Germany) right now? I ordered the Pro Wheel/Pedals bundle more than a week ago. They both show in stock and free 1-2day express-delivery is available. Pedals got delivered within two days, but no shipment notification for the wheel so far. Contacted support and they said demand for the wheel is so high they cannot give a shipping date. If that is true, this is a total bummer as one of the main reasons to go with the Pro wheel vs. Fanatec DD+ was that the Pro Wheel is in stock( ironically DD+ started shipping these days). And also if it is true, I donˋt understand why the online shop still says itˋs in stock and shipping within 1-2 days. Any chance you can provide some clarity here? Thanks!
Chris
That happened to me, paid for express shipping, was told it’s express shipping once the part ships. I said what’s the point of paying an extra $20 or whatever it is to wait a month?

@LOGI_Rich

Chris
That happened to me, paid for express shipping, was told it’s express shipping once the part ships. I said what’s the point of paying an extra $20 or whatever it is to wait a month?
a month? OMG…if they donˋt ship within next week, I am canceling the order. I mean it is by far the most expensive and „premium“ gadget they sell on their website, claiming it is fully on stock and shipped to you within 2 days…which apparently is a lie, because they right away charge your credit card the full amount and then have you wait for weeks. I am certainly not giving any company my money that tries to push sales by not being honest about their stock and shipping capabilities. I (and many others) did not let Fanatec get away with that, and certainly wonˋt let Logitech get away with it. Itˋs a shame though, because in the past Logitech had prooved pretty reliable in my experience. But unfortunately nowadays it looks like almost everybody is trying to push business that way. But as customers, it's within our power to reject such bad business practices and hold companies accountable by refusing to support them with our purchases.

@LOGI_Rich

Chris

a month? OMG…if they donˋt ship within next week, I am canceling the order. I mean it is by far the most expensive and „premium“ gadget they sell on their website, claiming it is fully on stock and shipped to you within 2 days…which apparently is a lie, because they right away charge your credit card the full amount and then have you wait for weeks. I am certainly not giving any company my money that tries to push sales by not being honest about their stock and shipping capabilities. I (and many others) did not let Fanatec get away with that, and certainly wonˋt let Logitech get away with it. Itˋs a shame though, because in the past Logitech had prooved pretty reliable in my experience. But unfortunately nowadays it looks like almost everybody is trying to push business that way. But as customers, it's within our power to reject such bad business practices and hold companies accountable by refusing to support them with our purchases.
I got on the support chat or something and she was saying they weren’t sure and it’s only from the ship date. I kind of put up a bit of a fuss, next thing I know the wheel was getting shipped. I think it was a week before it even showed anything. Then maybe another 4-5 days from that. I was a bit upset about paying the express shipping and waiting 2 weeks.

Sorry was getting it mixed up with some parts I had ordered with express shipping and it took a month.

Supply chail all around i guess. Thats really frustrating though. I feel for ya.

I had the opposite myself. I ordered from a pre-order that wasnt supposed to ship for about a month. So i bought it thinking i have at least a couple weeks to cancel the order if i changed my mind to go with a cheaper option. Then had a tracking number within 8 hours and both wheel and pedals within 3 or 4 days. I figured it was the universe telling me not to go for the dd. Sure glad i went this route with all the Fanatech issues these days though. Good luck man

Hi guys, i’m new here.

I would like to order the Logitech DD PRO 11Nm especially for GT7.

I currently have the Fanatec DD Gran Turismo 8Nm but I want something stronger.

Unfortunately, I’ve read that the Logitech DD Pro is now locked in GT7 at 7Nm (since middle of last year with a specific preset) for some safety reason (to avoid any accidents).

It is always the case?

NB: The 1st buyers of the Fanatec Clubsport DD+ 15Nm said that they don’t have this issue in the game and that the torque of the wheel is keep at 15Nm.

So I don’t understand: why this safety torque limitation at 7Nm is only apply on the Logitech DD and not on the Fanatec DD+?

@MarkusJ Where are you seeing confirmation that people are getting the full 15Nm? More importantly, how do they actually know, when there's no torque output indication on the DD+ (as opposed to Podium where the OLED had a torque output graph).

@Greek_Tiger I can try and chase your order - I've messaged you to get your order number.

Last edited:
@LOGI_Rich I wanted to ask you what is that track record for reliability? I am not talking about faulty units, but good working units. Are there issues we should be concerned?

I still have almost a year of warranty left but I wouldn't like to face a repair bill in the future 😅

We put the products through some very intensive reliability testing before we release them. As far as long term reliability goes, most of us on the dev team have wheels and pedals that have been in active daily use for more than two years now, if not longer in some cases; no issues.

@MarkusJ Where are you seeing confirmation that people are getting the full 15Nm? More importantly, how do they actually know, when there's no torque output indication on the DD+ (as opposed to Podium where the OLED had a torque output graph).

Looks like direct competition to the Pro Wheel. Hard to imagine them explicitly advertising 15nm torque in GT7 if the game would actually limit the torque. I think Logitech needs to escalate this much further. If PM is not unlocking full torque for the Pro wheel soon, it will be hard for customers to justify the purchase if they are getting a comparable package with unlocked and even more torque from Fanatec. And, with „Fullforce“ there will be an alternative available to Logitech „Trueforce“, a major USP for the Pro so far. Although, it might take a little while ( as with Trueforce) until we see broader support in games.

Oh you can be sure we know about the DD+, but my question was where there was confirmation that it was actually getting the full 15Nm out of GT7 :-)
Any confirmation that Logitech is going to release a shifter, handbrake or additional rims/wheels?

Hi guys, i’m new here.

I would like to order the Logitech DD PRO 11Nm especially for GT7.

I currently have the Fanatec DD Gran Turismo 8Nm but I want something stronger.

Unfortunately, I’ve read that the Logitech DD Pro is now locked in GT7 at 7Nm (since middle of last year with a specific preset) for some safety reason (to avoid any accidents).

It is always the case?

NB: The 1st buyers of the Fanatec Clubsport DD+ 15Nm said that they don’t have this issue in the game and that the torque of the wheel is keep at 15Nm.

So I don’t understand: why this safety torque limitation at 7Nm is only apply on the Logitech DD and not on the Fanatec DD+?
Where are you seeing confirmation that people are getting the full 15Nm? More importantly, how do they actually know, when there's no torque output indication on the DD+.
Yes since yesterday the DD+ users says that if they put the Force Feedback to the maximum in GT7 options then the Force Feedback is as strong as in other games (AC, ACC, WRC etc...) and so they keep the 15Nm without any torque limit.

Also on the Fanatec DD Extreme website they display this:

Attachments

• Fana15Nm.png
    Fana15Nm.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 9
Yes since yesterday the DD+ users says that if they put the Force Feedback to the maximum in GT7 options then the Force Feedback is as strong as in other games (AC, ACC, WRC etc...) and so they keep the 15Nm without any torque limit.

Also on the Fanatec DD Extreme website they display this:
I read steering wheel made in partnership with pd (they helped direct design of the wheel it self), AND the 15nm clupsport base (capable of). Seems like clever marketing to me. I dont see 15nm in gt7. Absolutely piss poor excuse from pd to me. Bigger bases have exsisted for a very long time. They could easily get around liability with a pop up warning every time you start the game warning of possible injury over x torque setting.

So seems like something fishy to me. Either theyre programmimg for ffb is terrible over x nm. Or if the clubsport plus is putting out an actual 15mn, i would have to asssume fanatech pays pd more for sponsorship, and pd is screwing with other brands.
Does anyone know someone with a moza r12, i wonder what theyre getting. Or is this just a console issue and pd doesnt care about supporting lesser paid partners?.
Really seems like everyone of us with a pro wheel should be emailing pd daily till they sort there crap. I would guess Logitech has tried whatever avenues they have available. Id imagine logitech is less than impressed. Definitely affecting sales.

@LOGI_Rich

We spoke some time ago on reddit but it looks like biggest community around G Pro wheel is here (unfortunate name of the wheel, hard to google things if half of the results are mice or keyboard related :) )

I'm playing on PC and after driving for some time and when I am in a menu for the game the wheel always has this kind of a tick. Tick is barely visible but definitely audible. You can feel it too when holding the wheel.

I tried different usb cables, different power sockets or using a filtered power strip. Connected to laptop etc. It is always there after a session. Turning the wheel off and on again removes it for some time.

Should I RMA? Orr service will find no issues and the only outcome will be lost racing time (and disassembly/reassembly).

P.S. I really like the wheel but trying to get rid of that tick is just driving me crazy.

Last edited:
This sounds like an old firmware bug. Which versions are showing when you check in the wheel settings icon in G HUB?

Last edited:
Hmm it’s not that then as you’re up to date. Which titles are you racing in and does it do it with all of them? Are all of the chipset drivers, firmware, bios etc up to date on your laptop?

Hmm it’s not that then as you’re up to date. Which titles are you racing in and does it do it with all of them? Are all of the chipset drivers, firmware, bios etc up to date on your laptop?
I used laptop as a test. My PC is further away so I had to use either extender and connect directly do PC or USB hub in the monitor and then original USB cable to the wheel or a super short one. No matter what I tried and if I tried on PC or laptop the same happened.

Recently I mostly play EA WRC, ACC and a bit of Forza Motorsport.

I considered some software on PC to interfere but laptop used basically stock win11 without any tools/utilities in the background.

One time I did some tidy up on the sim rig and rotated the wheel power supply. The session that happened after that had no issues but the next day everything went back to normal :(

Wonder if maybe power supply might be an issue when it warms up or something? But then restart wouldn't help because the temperature wouldn't fall much.

Is there any special driver for the wheel? Or maybe some beta firmware I could try.

It sounds like you haven’t tried directly into the PC? If so then that’s worth a go, even if temporarily due to your space arrangements. You didn’t confirm if you’d definitely updated bios and chipset drivers?

There’s no new driver or firmware because if it was a known issue then we’d have a lot more people reporting it 🙂

Tried switching from shoes to socks whilst racing or vice versa to see if that makes any difference? Do you have the power lead bound into a bundle with the USB leads as part of usual cable management and, if so, have you tried separating the power lead?

It sounds like you haven’t tried directly into the PC? If so then that’s worth a go, even if temporarily due to your space arrangements. You didn’t confirm if you’d definitely updated bios and chipset drivers?

There’s no new driver or firmware because if it was a known issue then we’d have a lot more people reporting it 🙂

Tried switching from shoes to socks whilst racing or vice versa to see if that makes any difference? Do you have the power lead bound into a bundle with the USB leads as part of usual cable management and, if so, have you tried separating the power lead?
I do try to keep everything up to date. Have this issue for quite some time and definitely was updating bios and chipset drivers multiple time.

I tried connecting straight to laptop if that counts and it made no difference.

Currently I am running 50cm USB cable straight to the hub of the monitor that's over the wheelbase. It goes the opposite side to where pedals and power cables go. Previously I did run pedals/wheel and power cable next to each other. No difference to be honest. Using monitor hub is at least cleaner cablewise.

Wonder though... can the USB cable to the pedals cause this interference? This can be the last thing to check to be honest.

Shoes vs. Socks do you mean I am building up electrostatic charge?

Shoes vs. Socks do you mean I am building up electrostatic charge?
You got it. Worth a look just to see if it makes any difference. You said you’d tried different USB cables, but did you also try swapping the pedal cable? Is there any sign of damage to the cable, especially near the USB plug and ferrite?

You got it. Worth a look just to see if it makes any difference. You said you’d tried different USB cables, but did you also try swapping the pedal cable? Is there any sign of damage to the cable, especially near the USB plug and ferrite?
Funny to mention it but pedals cable did "break". Close to the USB A side that goes to the wheel, where the plug ends and has this kind of protector. The rubber isolation broke and exposed shielding? I did wrap that bit with electrical tape. Also before someone says user error. I never pulled or caught those cables by mistake.

after driving for some time and when I am in a menu for the game the wheel always has this kind of a tick.
I have what is possibly the same thing. It's deceptive because it's difficult to pinpoint the source. I've traced mine down to what I think is the fan at the rear of the base. Have a listen back there when it occurs.
After a period of heavier use the fan spins up a little faster to do it's active cooling. At a certain fan speed the slight tick appears - which is why I often don't hear it - and then when it's cooled and slowed down again it disappears.
Since it's only transient I tend to ignore it. It's only really noticeable in a quiet room.

Another reply.

I tried doing a race with pedals disconnected, using paddles on the wheel for throttle/brake (funny brain exercise alone with manual transmission on the other paddles xD).

Wanted to upload a video of the tick but forum does not allow mp4 files

It's only GT7 mate.
I dont race at max torque anyway, so doesnt really affect me. I just find the buisness practices of companies these days interesting. More of a curiosity than anything. But as far as road racing goes, i race on psvr only, and im not the only one. Many race gt7 primarily, and it’s definitely a purchasing decision for some. Anyway, to each they’re own.

Back