Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

I got fed up with waiting for new add on rims (for xbox compatibility) to be released, so I've placed an order for this little lot today.
It will be interesting to see how it all compares. I will hang on to my G Pro wheel and pedals for now, incase I don't like the Fanatec stuff.

Screenshot_20240210_151916_Chrome.jpg

@LOGI_Rich

Is Logitech having shipping/stock issues with the Pro Wheel in central Europe( I am in Germany) right now? I ordered the Pro Wheel/Pedals bundle more than a week ago. They both show in stock and free 1-2day express-delivery is available. Pedals got delivered within two days, but no shipment notification for the wheel so far. Contacted support and they said demand for the wheel is so high they cannot give a shipping date. If that is true, this is a total bummer as one of the main reasons to go with the Pro wheel vs. Fanatec DD+ was that the Pro Wheel is in stock( ironically DD+ started shipping these days). And also if it is true, I donˋt understand why the online shop still says itˋs in stock and shipping within 1-2 days. Any chance you can provide some clarity here? Thanks!
Chris
@LOGI_Rich
I have exactly the same problem. I live in France, I placed my order on the first of February, I received the pedals on the 6th of February but I still have no news about the wheel... And the customer service is really of no help.

Last edited:
@LOGI_Rich

We spoke some time ago on reddit but it looks like biggest community around G Pro wheel is here (unfortunate name of the wheel, hard to google things if half of the results are mice or keyboard related :) )

I'm playing on PC and after driving for some time and when I am in a menu for the game the wheel always has this kind of a tick. Tick is barely visible but definitely audible. You can feel it too when holding the wheel.

I tried different usb cables, different power sockets or using a filtered power strip. Connected to laptop etc. It is always there after a session. Turning the wheel off and on again removes it for some time.

Should I RMA? Orr service will find no issues and the only outcome will be lost racing time (and disassembly/reassembly).

P.S. I really like the wheel but trying to get rid of that tick is just driving me crazy.
@LOGI_Rich I've got the exact same tick issue on my wheel. It was a RMA replacement due to the creaking issue when steering and now this new replacement is driving me crazy with this ticking noise and you can see the steering wheel also twitching with every tick. I updated the wheel/base to the latest firmware as soon as I received the RMA replacement and didn't notice this issue on the wheel/base that I had originally. Using this exclusively on PS5 with ACC

I have what is possibly the same thing. It's deceptive because it's difficult to pinpoint the source. I've traced mine down to what I think is the fan at the rear of the base. Have a listen back there when it occurs.
After a period of heavier use the fan spins up a little faster to do it's active cooling. At a certain fan speed the slight tick appears - which is why I often don't hear it - and then when it's cooled and slowed down again it disappears.
Since it's only transient I tend to ignore it. It's only really noticeable in a quiet room.
Ticking issue on my wheel/base is defietnly not eminating from the fan. It's definetly in the base and you can see the wheel twitching with the sound eminating from the base. I can also feel the twitch with lightly holding the wheel. Applying some torque either left or right seems to silence the tick but as soon as I release the wheel, it starts up again. It's very regular / rhythmic tick ... tick .. tick ... noise and visible on the wheel

and you can see the wheel twitching with the sound eminating from the base.
Oh well that is somewhat different then! No, mine doesn't twitch. At least I don't think so. I'll have to check now if it occurs again.

Bye bye Logitech :) I have the G-Pro and since Logitech needs ages to come with new wheel designs and some goodies like a serious manual shifter, handbrake etc, I’m GONE :) TrueForce was the only reason I why I got the G-Pro over Fanatec but now with full force and that very promising new WheelBase and all the goodies that Fanatec offers it’s a nobrainer.

Edit: didn't think I was going to go on that long of a rant lol. Tldr; Ordered a G Pro wheel from Rakuten and thought it was for the PlayStation because the images showed the PlayStation center button. Instead of getting a PS version, they sent me a PC only version. I sent the seller an email and hoping they can help me get it or something else to work with the PS5. If they can't help and I end up having to keep it, does anyone know of a way to get the PC only version to work with the PS5?

I am a total idiot and screwed up big time!! I ordered the Logitech G Pro wheel so I can have fun in GT7.

I placed an order on Rakuten Japan. The seller was super quick to fill and ship the order and received it the next day (yesterday).

I was super excited (like a kid on Christmas lol). I setup my wheel stand and made sure it was nice and level. I then took the wheel and pedals out of the box and was really impressed with the packaging bring so well built and many little details of the design. I am still laughing that I spent some time admiring the box instead of just ripping it out of the box to go play with it... I'm guessing that my subconscious wanted me to enjoy every moment of it because it is a fairly expensive purchase.

The first box that I opened was the pedals. Those things are beautiful!!! After the, I finally opened the box for the wheel. It felt so amazing to finally have this thing in my hands.... But my Joy and happiness instantly vanished and was replaced by total confusion.

The image on the website shows the PS symbol on the center button.... This one doesn't have that, instead it's labelled G1. It also has an A button and a B button. I was so confused and started wondering if I got scammed and given some kind of fake wheel.

Up to this point, I thought that Logitech only has 2 configuration options. Xbox/pc version and the PS/pc version.

I went ahead and mounted the wheel and the pedals on the wheel stand (I was so excited to get this thing that I created a special little play area just for it lol).

I plugged it into the PS5 and could not use it at all.... Steering calibration screen in GT7 told my that it could not find any wheels.

I became even more confused, so I figured I'd plug it into the PC and see if it works and see if I need to change something to make it work with the PS.

Wheel and pedals work properly in GHUB. I went ahead and did the firmware update. While I was waiting for it to finish the update, I debated to Google that G1 button because I have never seen it before.

Happiness and joy turned into confusion.... Confusion turned into sadness and anger (mostly at myself).

I had no clue that Logitech sells a PC only version of the wheel and still don't understand why they are selling it at the same cost and the same name as the 2 other configurations. Both of the other versions work on the PC, so selling it at the same price and using the same name seems like a very odd thing to do. I would think that if they are going to make a PC only version, they would change the marketing tactics to make the PC version look like a special edition that has exclusive PC only options.... I have no clue if it does actually have anything special for PC compared to the other 2 versions. . To me, it like they just took features (parts) away without any mention of being replaced with something of equal value.... I am saying this opinion solely based on what I see on the box and only doing a quick look at the papers in the box. I really hope that this version has exclusive PC features... I am really hoping that they didn't do this out of greed by stripping it down to save a few bucks while still selling it at the same price as the others.

Sorry for that rant! I sent an email to the seller to see if they can help me. I'm hoping they will let me return it or replace it.

If for whatever reason I end up being stuck with the PC only version, do any of you know of a good solution so I can get it to work on the PS5? Or am I just going to be stuck using it on the PC?

Last edited:
I placed an order on Rakuten Japan.
Ah, as far as I know the console specific versions are only available from Logitech themselves as a wheel and base bundle. The PC wheel and base can be bought separately and are available from various outlets - as you've found out - and are (I think) usually a little cheaper due to the lack of licensing.

There are things like Drivehub that possibly might make it work on the PlayStation however these aren't generally recommended for use with the G Pro.

It's an unfortunate situation you've found yourself in. If you could get a Xbox specific wheel you could use it on that console, but that's no good for GT7 of course.

Can you not return it under the 30 day distance selling return policy that many companies have? Although that might work differently in other countries.

Just got the Pro wheel and pedals set up on a simlab GT1 Evo rig with a PS5 to mainly play GT7. My mind is actually blown at the quality of this thing and Trueforce is truly awesome.

I haven't connected it to a PC yet to do any firmware updates. Is this recommended or is it likely to screw something up? Any long term reliabilityor other issues that would result from not doing an update?

Last edited:
Just got thr Pro wheel and pedals set up on a simlab GT1 Evo rig with a PS5 to mainly play GT7. My mind is actually blown at the quality of this thing and Trueforce is truly awesome.

I haven't connected it to a PC yet to do any firmware updates. Is this recommended or is it likely to screw something up? Any long term reliabilityor other issues that would result from not doing an update?

Edit: didn't think I was going to go on that long of a rant lol. Tldr; Ordered a G Pro wheel from Rakuten and thought it was for the PlayStation because the images showed the PlayStation center button. Instead of getting a PS version, they sent me a PC only version. I sent the seller an email and hoping they can help me get it or something else to work with the PS5. If they can't help and I end up having to keep it, does anyone know of a way to get the PC only version to work with the PS5?

I am a total idiot and screwed up big time!! I ordered the Logitech G Pro wheel so I can have fun in GT7.

I placed an order on Rakuten Japan. The seller was super quick to fill and ship the order and received it the next day (yesterday).

I was super excited (like a kid on Christmas lol). I setup my wheel stand and made sure it was nice and level. I then took the wheel and pedals out of the box and was really impressed with the packaging bring so well built and many little details of the design. I am still laughing that I spent some time admiring the box instead of just ripping it out of the box to go play with it... I'm guessing that my subconscious wanted me to enjoy every moment of it because it is a fairly expensive purchase.

The first box that I opened was the pedals. Those things are beautiful!!! After the, I finally opened the box for the wheel. It felt so amazing to finally have this thing in my hands.... But my Joy and happiness instantly vanished and was replaced by total confusion.

The image on the website shows the PS symbol on the center button.... This one doesn't have that, instead it's labelled G1. It also has an A button and a B button. I was so confused and started wondering if I got scammed and given some kind of fake wheel.

Up to this point, I thought that Logitech only has 2 configuration options. Xbox/pc version and the PS/pc version.

I went ahead and mounted the wheel and the pedals on the wheel stand (I was so excited to get this thing that I created a special little play area just for it lol).

I plugged it into the PS5 and could not use it at all.... Steering calibration screen in GT7 told my that it could not find any wheels.

I became even more confused, so I figured I'd plug it into the PC and see if it works and see if I need to change something to make it work with the PS.

Wheel and pedals work properly in GHUB. I went ahead and did the firmware update. While I was waiting for it to finish the update, I debated to Google that G1 button because I have never seen it before.

Happiness and joy turned into confusion.... Confusion turned into sadness and anger (mostly at myself).

I had no clue that Logitech sells a PC only version of the wheel and still don't understand why they are selling it at the same cost and the same name as the 2 other configurations. Both of the other versions work on the PC, so selling it at the same price and using the same name seems like a very odd thing to do. I would think that if they are going to make a PC only version, they would change the marketing tactics to make the PC version look like a special edition that has exclusive PC only options.... I have no clue if it does actually have anything special for PC compared to the other 2 versions. . To me, it like they just took features (parts) away without any mention of being replaced with something of equal value.... I am saying this opinion solely based on what I see on the box and only doing a quick look at the papers in the box. I really hope that this version has exclusive PC features... I am really hoping that they didn't do this out of greed by stripping it down to save a few bucks while still selling it at the same price as the others.

Sorry for that rant! I sent an email to the seller to see if they can help me. I'm hoping they will let me return it or replace it.

If for whatever reason I end up being stuck with the PC only version, do any of you know of a good solution so I can get it to work on the PS5? Or am I just going to be stuck using it on the PC?
Yeah I really hate that wheels do this. When it’s expensive you should be able to use it on any system.

@viperman3 Are you able to test in another title to see if the same issue occurs? How much driving does it take for that ticking to start appearing? Does it get worse over time if you don't restart the wheel?

Ah, as far as I know the console specific versions are only available from Logitech themselves as a wheel and base bundle. The PC wheel and base can be bought separately and are available from various outlets - as you've found out - and are (I think) usually a little cheaper due to the lack of licensing.

There are things like Drivehub that possibly might make it work on the PlayStation however these aren't generally recommended for use with the G Pro.

It's an unfortunate situation you've found yourself in. If you could get a Xbox specific wheel you could use it on that console, but that's no good for GT7 of course.

Can you not return it under the 30 day distance selling return policy that many companies have? Although that might work differently in other countries.
Would it be ok if I send you a dm? I have an idea and want to see what you think about it.

Japan is a very very very different place when it comes to allowing refunds. You have to have a good reason... Missing parts, something is broken, etc... you can't return stuff just because you don't like it.

Would it be ok if I send you a dm? I have an idea and want to see what you think about it.
Well you could, I certainly wouldn't mind, although I'm not sure if I will be able to answer your questions.

@LOGI_Rich have you any thoughts on this PC wheel & base to PS conundrum, I'm not sure there's a way out of it. I know a Drivehub solution isn't the best option, but it might be a way around it in this case.

Drivehub is not something I can recommend to anyone, purely because of its non-official nature and the fact that the platform holders are trying to lock down that kind of device. Additionally, whilst it may work now, it would be presenting the wheel to the PS5 as a G29 and any of you who have placed the wheel in G923 mode and tried to drive in GT7 know what that means: FFB clipping and major centre oscillation.

Honestly, the best path forwards here is to sell the wheel on and purchase the PS version from the website.

@LOGI_Rich @IfAndOr

I guess it's better to post here about a possible course of action to try and get a refund.

I know now that my ignorance about resellers only being allowed to sell the PC only version. I know I can't use that by itself as a good justification to try and get a refund.

I sent them an email yesterday asking if there was anything they can do to either replace it or let me return it .. in my email I told them that the pictures on the product page shows it being a PS wheel. And also told them the page lists the PS5 being compatible.

I got the response back from them today. They told me that the listing clearly showing that it is only for the PC. They also told me that the pictures were correct because they got them directly from Logitech.

I haven't replied to the email yet because I'm trying to think of the best way to do this.

In my first email I mentioned the issue with it being a PS wheel. What I didn't tell them is that I took several screenshots of the pictures in the listing. I also took a screenshot of the section at the bottom that mentions the PS5.

After I got the email from them, I went back to the listing and sure enough, they changed thepictures about to the correct ones for the PC.

I'm curious about your opinion in regards to how I should move forward. They at least implied or maybe even clearly stated that it is a PS compatible wheel.

They also lied to me about the pictures. Pretty obvious that they went and fixed it after I emailed them.

So I'm wondering if I should reply to them or ignore them and go to Rakuten or maybe even Logitech to file a complaint and request (or maybe demand) that they let me return this wheel and have them replace it with what I thought I was going to get when I bought it.

Well since they have changed the description and the pictures that at least would indicate that they realised there was a problem. Somewhat sneaky though, changing it after you bought one.

As you say dealing with an overseas operation is probably tricky, but pushing the fact that it was originally described as PS compatible is probably the best course of action. Possibly your only one actually.

I wouldn't think Logitech themselves would have any say in it since it's a retailer you've bought it from (and they probably didn't supply the pictures etc, the wrong ones were copied from the website - I expect).

Do you have any PC based friends who might be interested in it? Or I suppose you could go down the PC route yourself - more initial expense though of course.

Well since they have changed the description and the pictures that at least would indicate that they realised there was a problem. Somewhat sneaky though, changing it after you bought one.

As you say dealing with an overseas operation is probably tricky, but pushing the fact that it was originally described as PS compatible is probably the best course of action. Possibly your only one actually.

I wouldn't think Logitech themselves would have any say in it since it's a retailer you've bought it from (and they probably didn't supply the pictures etc, the wrong ones were copied from the website - I expect).

Do you have any PC based friends who might be interested in it? Or I suppose you could go down the PC route yourself - more initial expense though of course.
Thank you for the response and yeah I have to agree with you. I will send them an email tomorrow about the listing being misleading. I wanted to go for more aggressive approach at first, but I can't because it is ultimately my fault for not making sure I am getting the right product. Would be nice if they do a return and refund but I'm not going to demand it or expect it.

I have AMS2 on my pc. Tried it out for the first time last night... I'm definitely going to do a lot learning for that sim. I tried to do a race against the computer. It was a grid start and I spent at least 15 minutes at the starting line trying to figure out how to get the car to move. Ended up giving up for the night lol

@LOGI_Rich @IfAndOr

They also lied to me about the pictures. Pretty obvious that they went and fixed it after I emailed them.

Any chance you could show the pics? Because I also looked on Rakuten for my wheel but only found PC wheels there. Also their prices were higher than the official store so.. But I know 100% that around a month ago there were absolutely no PS5 compatible wheels or wheel pics on Rakuten. Also that section at the bottom, are you taking about the one for seo? There is a box that says something like "for store only" or something and that lists literally everything they can think of weather its relevant or not. Technically it's not a product description. It shouldn't be on the page, but it is what it is.

I have AMS2 on my pc
Well that's a great start. It's supposed to be a great SIM. A continuation from one of my favourites, Pcars 2. I'd stick with it, you might get to like it more than GT. And it's got Trueforce enabled (I think) so you'd be getting the best out of the G Pro - with no torque restrictions either. 😉

I agree with almost everything you said except the GT part... But that's only because I changed my mind at the last minute and went with PS VR2 instead of the quest 3.

I got myself... Err I mean Santa got me some nice stuff for Christmas. G29, GT Omega Apex classic wheel stand (might have the name wrong) and the PS VR2. It was so amazing being able to have all those extra pieces on a console and have them all just work perfectly without having to worry about a driver becoming lost or corrupted.

@viperman3 Are you able to test in another title to see if the same issue occurs? How much driving does it take for that ticking to start appearing? Does it get worse over time if you don't restart the wheel?
@LOGI_Rich I tried the base/wheel on ACC, AC and GT7 on the PS5. The behaviour is consistant on all three titles. When powering up the base once the PS5 is turned on, the wheel is fine. At this stage the wheel has the default "dampener" effect active where the base applies counter torque against the direction the wheel is turned into (This is the default firmware behaviour). Once I launch any of the titles mentioned prevoiusly on the PS5 where this counter torque is over-ridden by the games dafault behaviour (wheel can be rotated without any counter-torque appled by the base) the ticking starts and it has a very regular time occurance. Once the track is loaded and I start my laps, the ticking stops as all the FFB torque is now fully in effect but once I exit the track and backout into the game's main menu where the counter torque bahaviour is no longer active, the ticking noise starts again. This ticking was definetly not present on the previous wheel/base I had and appears to be quite prevelant on this replaced unit.

Last edited:
Back