Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

@Chkops interestingly you did used to be able to feel the expansion joints on Tokyo Expressway, but I believe Polyphony tuned them out at some point, possibly due to negative feedback from some drivers?
one of the reasons I donā€™t drive that track. Donkā€¦.donkā€¦.donkā€¦..donkā€¦..donkā€¦.donkā€¦..donkā€¦.donkā€¦.donkā€¦donkā€¦.donkā€¦.donkā€¦donkā€¦.donkā€¦.donkā€¦donkā€¦.donkā€¦.donkā€¦donkā€¦donkā€¦donkā€¦.donkā€¦donkā€¦ give me a break lol

@Chkops interestingly you did used to be able to feel the expansion joints on Tokyo Expressway, but I believe Polyphony tuned them out at some point, possibly due to negative feedback from some drivers?
No, I did not. As I said, got my setup a few weeks ago and was surprised not to feel the feedback of the expansion joints through the weel.

What about the screen test in GT7 settings (steering, brakes and throttle are ok except gears) ?

Last edited:
one of the reasons I donā€™t drive that track. Donkā€¦.donkā€¦.donkā€¦..donkā€¦..donkā€¦.donkā€¦..donkā€¦.donkā€¦.donkā€¦donkā€¦.donkā€¦.donkā€¦donkā€¦.donkā€¦.donkā€¦donkā€¦.donkā€¦.donkā€¦donkā€¦donkā€¦donkā€¦.donkā€¦donkā€¦ give me a break lol
Guess you should avoid expansion joints IRL as well. ;)

Guess you should avoid expansion joints IRL as well. ;)
Itā€™s one thing listening to that in real life, itā€™s another listening to it playing a game. I guess where Iā€™m from you only have to listen to those for maybe thirty seconds or a minute most. Not the entire duration of race be it 10 minutes or 30 minutes. Iā€™d probably race the toyko tracks more if that wasnā€™t in it or if I could shut it off.

@Chkops lost in translation... "you" in the instance I used it was meaning that "everyone" used to be able to feel them - I wasn't meaning you specifically. I can't replicate the issue with the shifter in the test screen though? I haven't checked for a while (and I'm away from a PS5 right now) but I know it was working the last time I checked.

@Igano No, that's not something I've come across. You may need to see if it's something that's only happening with a specific car/track combo.

@Chkops lost in translation... "you" in the instance I used it was meaning that "everyone" used to be able to feel them - I wasn't meaning you specifically. I can't replicate the issue with the shifter in the test screen though? I haven't checked for a while (and I'm away from a PS5 right now) but I know it was working the last time I checked.

@Igano No, that's not something I've come across. You may need to see if it's something that's only happening with a specific car/track combo.
No it can happen with various cars and stages. It doesn't get fixxed until I exit the track and try another car track combo. I would say it's a bug because I don't need to restart the wheel to fix it, it doesn't matter at all.

Is this specifically to sport mode, or can it occur in single player as well? Definitely not getting any reports of this otherwiseā€¦

HI new to the forum have had my logi since its release, always found that my settings weren't realistic in GT7, wanted recommendations for both the pedal and wheel

So my wheel is back in the box ready to go back to Logitech for repair. I received a shipping label from UPS yesterday.
But in the Logitech email it says:

1. Print out three copies of the commercial invoice that came with your prepaid shipping label or sent to you separately.

To anyone (or Logi_Rich) who returned their wheel: did you receive a commercial invoice? I did not. It is for international customs. Maybe i did not receive it because the package won't leave the EU? I asked Logitech about it, but sometimes it can take a few days for them to respond and I really want to drop thr package off at the UPS point.

Last edited:
Ok, thank you.

@RJ83 Print three copies of the receipt you got from our web store when purchasing.

@Igano Very unlikely given the symptoms. I always have to ask though: are you experiencing this in other titles?

@RJ83 Print three copies of the receipt you got from our web store when purchasing.

@Igano Very unlikely given the symptoms. I always have to ask though: are you experiencing this in other titles?
I only play GT7, when I used to play last year GT7 it never did this, I had a different unit with a noisy fan that I replaced. It could be from the game version though and not necessarily the unit..

Thanks. However i googled it earlier today and UPS said the commercial invoice is not needed within the EU. So i dropped it off after reading that. Then after your message i went back out again to a copyshop to print out that receipt three times. Went back to the ups point. The lady said it also was not needed because when she scanned the shipping label she did not get the notification to check for any included documentation. I included the receipts anyway just in case.

It would be better if Logitech clarified this point further in their email to avoid confusion. Now it looks like the commercial invoice is something mandatory, when it really isn't always the case and thus not provided by UPS.

Last edited:
Thanks. However i googled it earlier today and UPS said the commercial invoice is not needed within the EU. So i dropped it off after reading that. Then after your message i went back out again to a copyshop to print out that receipt three times. Went back to the ups point. The lady said it also was not needed because when she scanned the shipping label she did not get the notification to check for any included documentation. I included the receipts anyway just in case.

It would be better if Logitech clarified this point further in their email to avoid confusion. Now it looks like the commercial invoice is something mandatory, when it really isn't always the case and thus not provided by UPS.
When I returned mine through Logitech RMA, I received a FedEx shipping label and the 3x commercial invoice. I was shipping from Canada to the USA. Seems if it's really needed then it would have been included in the email but most likely the instrucitons are copy/paste with mention of the commercial invoice.

Hello everyone!
Does anyone know if you can trick the gran turismo 7 into thinking you play with a logitech g923, but you're actually playing with a logitech g pro?

I am asking this because of the reduced force feedback in the g pro steering wheel, which was reduced by polyphony to around 6-7nm probably.

If I change the compatibility in GT to the g923, my steering wheel shakes like crazy in the plane.
Is there a possible solution to minimize these
shaking, or if by any chance does anyone know if they will turn full 11nm force feedback back on?

Considering that Fanstec dd pro+ with 15nm is coming to the market soon, I don't know how they intend to solve the issues surrounding this.

Thank you!

If I change the compatibility in GT to the g923, my steering wheel shakes like crazy in the plane.
That is the "trick" but the issue is that it clips like crazy and you get the massive oscillation. If you try something like the DD1 at higher torque levels in GT7 then you get the same thing but it's even more lethal. It'll be very interesting to see how the DD+ behaves!

We've asked Polyphony to take a look at this but at this time there's nothing more we can communicate.

That is the "trick" but the issue is that it clips like crazy and you get the massive oscillation. If you try something like the DD1 at higher torque levels in GT7 then you get the same thing but it's even more lethal. It'll be very interesting to see how the DD+ behaves!

We've asked Polyphony to take a look at this but at this time there's nothing more we can communicate
Thank you for fast reply @LOGI_Rich !
Appreciate that, and this is also one of the reason why i pick Logitech vs. Fanatec. Very good customer service.

But how the wheel did behave in gt7 before actual update which turned down the force feedback? Probably there was not a problem with driving it at 11nm in g pro mode?

Has the Tomahawk X's FFB torque level been deliberately-nerfed?

Had to run the wheelbase on full and 10 in the game (everything maxed IOW) and even then it was pitiful.

Hi @LOGI_Rich

I've recently purchased a Logitech G Pro and Pedals. I am playing exclusively on Playstation 5 - Gran Turismo 7.

I managed to find the recommended settings on the Website as follows:

FFB Filter - 8
Dampner - 15
TF Audio - 100
Angle - 1080

In Game Settings
  • Strong Force Feedback
  • Force Feed Sensitivity - 1
  • Trigger Effect Acc & Brake - Strong
  • Vibration Strength - 35

I noticed there are no recommended settings for:

TrueForce Torque
Trueforce Filter
Force Feedback Torque
Brake Force

Can you please advise some settings for these options?

Many thanks,
Joey

@Monkey Man Could be - it was one of the worst culprits for centre oscillation.

@ruredi88 This is because you haven't updated the firmware of the wheel by connecting it to a PC - it's highly recommended that you do so. In the meantime though on the firmware that you have there were separate settings for Trueforce and Legacy:

FFB Torque and TF Torque are the same, just affecting legacy and Trueforce titles respectively - these were combined into the single Strength setting that's on the newer firmware. Set the TF Torque to max.

The same applies to the FFB Filter and TF Filter settings. Set the TF Flter to 8.

Brake Force is purely personal and also influenced by whether you're on a rig or sat at a desk - set it to a level that works for you to get the correct level of braking.

Thinking of getting the crew motorfest and ea wrc since they are on big discount. I wonder how they drive with a G Pro on PS5?

I keep telling myself not to come to this thread. Every time I do, my fingers start twitching on my M570 trackball and my bank account starts to wail hysterically. I should never have watched @Jordan 's review.

I've got, and have had, so much Logitech gear over the last 30 or so years; MOMO, DFGT, G27, Speakers, Gaming Headset, Keyboards, G29, G Farm Heavy Equipment Bundle, Wingman Joystick, the aforementioned M570, of which I currently have 2 in use at home with 2 more as back ups along with a couple old wired Trackman Wheels and an M575 (still in box) that we just bought for my wife to use at her workplace, if they don't get her one, which I think they did or she'd have that there now, another M570 and a backup at my workplace, 2 Harmony 650 universal remotes, various mice, most usually dropped in a drawer in favor of trackball devices, and, I even have a set of Ultimate Ears, which I read Logitech owns the company that makes/sells them.
Bolded items are currently in use, obviously not all at the same time, either at work or home, where I have 4 Logitech products within arms reach as I type this.

With all that Logitech gear purchased and used, 'til some of it broke, I reckon I could be considered a fanboy. My bank account's hysterics are still winning the battle when I stop to drool over that G-Pro and its dollar figure, near the amount of all the other gear I've obtained over the years, and more than my current GT7 gear, which includes a PSVR2. OMLR (Oh MY @LOGI_Rich )šŸ‘¼ grant this old fart wisdom and serenity please. šŸ˜‰ Don't you dare let Logitech bring a shifter, or anything else tempting, to market for that thing. It might be the straw(s).

So i sent my wheel in because of a minor issue with noise coming from the wheel when rotating the wheel past a certain point left and right (which i could also feel through the wheel).
Right after Logitech received the wheel back i got a mail that the replacement wheel was on the way.
I received it a day later and noticed it is a completely new steering wheel and wheelbase.
It is terrific customer service as a repair could leave someone without a wheel for many weeks probably.
But i do wonder what happens to the wheels that get send in? I can't imagine they get tossed in the bin? Maybe stripped for parts to be reused?
Just wondering.

Back