Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Hello! I recently owned my first steering wheel and I'm new to ACC on Xbox X. I followed the settings recommended by Logitech where the Gain is at 100% but Dynamic Damping at 0%. With the FF so high, I suffer from clipping so I have set the Gain to 65% and rise the Damping to avoid the steering wheel jerking left and right on straight roads. I have read many forums and watched as many videos, and each one has a different setting, causing me enormous confusion. Who uses all the details, who sets Damping in the game at 100% and 20% on the engine and so on. I thought that who better than owners can advise settings, to set in the game and on the steering wheel?! Help please! P.S. For now I have set Filter to 7, TF Audio 15 and Dampner 20.
Best regards

Those that use a drivehub... Do not update the firmware on the wheel for now..... Latest G Pro firmware is not working with the drivehub.
I almost did the other day. I’m sorry to hear that. Any update on your situation? I’m not sure, can you roll back?

I almost did the other day. I’m sorry to hear that. Any update on your situation? I’m not sure, can you roll back?
Glad to hear you didn't upgrade. I don't have any updates on it, I'll post here as soon as I do have a good update.

@LOGI_Rich is it possible to downgrade the firmware back to the last version?

Hello! I recently owned my first steering wheel and I'm new to ACC on Xbox X. I followed the settings recommended by Logitech where the Gain is at 100% but Dynamic Damping at 0%. With the FF so high, I suffer from clipping so I have set the Gain to 65% and rise the Damping to avoid the steering wheel jerking left and right on straight roads. I have read many forums and watched as many videos, and each one has a different setting, causing me enormous confusion. Who uses all the details, who sets Damping in the game at 100% and 20% on the engine and so on. I thought that who better than owners can advise settings, to set in the game and on the steering wheel?! Help please! P.S. For now I have set Filter to 7, TF Audio 15 and Dampner 20.
Best regards
@Bengher It's really confusing isn't it? Ultimately everybody has difference preferences but when there are both settings in game and from the wheelbases this complicates it as well, plus different types of cars within games. I think the Logitech suggested settings are a good starting point, I think the guidance from Logitech even says it's a starting point.

The jerking left to right on the straights, I think everybody has different tolerance levels for this and that influences people's settings choices.

If you've not tried this already, sometimes it is good to test each individual setting with everything else switched off, to understand what it does and whether it is something that you find useful or immersive. Sometimes just keeping things very minimal and building on it gradually can be helpful. Personally, I'd say something like TF audio would be something you start using, only once you are pretty happy with the essential FF settings.

I've not played ACC yet, so, sorry I can't share any specific suggestions.

Last edited:
Yes, no one needs to stick rigidly to the settings on the support page - do what feels right for you. As we've already seen a few times, updates to the games can result in previously "good" settings, needing to be adjusted. I expect we may need to revisit GT7 after the 25th, due to Polyphony's change to the physics, for example.

Hey guys!

I have an odd question 🙃

I'm wondering if anybody has any idea if there's a third-party power supply that could power the G Pro wheelbase - it's quite beefy and not easy to find anything with those specs - and Logitech didn't want to sell it without the whole package (please let me know if this has changed @LOGI_Rich)

@Bengher
The recommended Logi ACC settings for consoles could perhaps do with updating. The settings listed are from when G923 emulation was only available. Patches to the game have at some point introduced native support for the G Pro (at least on PS5). I think they should be a bit nearer to the PC settings now.

On PS5 I currently use.
Game: Gain 85. Dynamic damping 100. Frequency 400Hz. TF audio gain 100. Steering lock 1080° (Minimum force and road effects zero)
Wheel base: Strength 9-10 Nm. FFB filter 8. Dampener 25. TF audio 23. Angle 1080

You can map the in-game FFB gain (strength) to buttons/dials on the wheel, so that way you can raise or lower it to your liking while driving. It'll go up to 200%!

As it's been mentioned, it's all personal preference really. Run with whatever settings feel good for you, because those will be the right ones. 😉

A question I've pondered on before to @LOGI_Rich. Does the wheel behave differently on the consoles - Xbox X & PS5 mainly? I've often thought they'd be the same, but maybe there's a difference in how each outputs data. Or perhaps the games themselves are not quite the same.

@Newcomer It's not set up yet for sale separately, I'm afraid (you'd be amazed at what's required to get something seemingly simple as a power supply set up to be sold standalone!) and likely won't be until after the two year anniversary of the first release of Pro Wheel. What happened to the one you had?

@IfAndOr the games can address wheels slightly differently in some cases. ACC has a different developer for the console versions and a few people have noted differences in FFB feel. In terms of the Trueforce interface there's no difference - that's one of its benefits.

@IfAndOr the games can address wheels slightly differently in some cases. ACC has a different developer for the console versions and a few people have noted differences in FFB feel. In terms of the Trueforce interface there's no difference - that's one of its benefits.
thanks for your answer. Yes, at this point I'm very curious about the Dynamic Damping in the game settings.. how is it possible that Logitech recommends 0% but whoever I read sets 100%.. I've tried both but as an inexperienced person I can't understand the difference behind the wheel on ACC Xbox X. What would you recommend?

@Bengher
The recommended Logi ACC settings for consoles could perhaps do with updating. The settings listed are from when G923 emulation was only available. Patches to the game have at some point introduced native support for the G Pro (at least on PS5). I think they should be a bit nearer to the PC settings now.

On PS5 I currently use.
Game: Gain 85. Dynamic damping 100. Frequency 400Hz. TF audio gain 100. Steering lock 1080° (Minimum force and road effects zero)
Wheel base: Strength 9-10 Nm. FFB filter 8. Dampener 25. TF audio 23. Angle 1080

You can map the in-game FFB gain (strength) to buttons/dials on the wheel, so that way you can raise or lower it to your liking while driving. It'll go up to 200%!
I did various tests and by leaving the steering wheel at 11 nm and only acting on the Gain in play, if I exceed 65% I suffer from clipping in fast corners. Doesn't it happen to you with the highest Gain?

The dynamic damper adds speed-sensitive damping. I seem to remember at the time that I preferred it without that in place, but this is going back two years, so things are very likely to have changed in the meantime. Same with the gain - we weren't seeing clipping at the time, but now things have changed in the sim, so it probably needs updating. Don't get too concerned about clipping though - a tiny amount that happens in a hard, fast corner as you modulate the steering is fine; you just want to avoid getting instant clipping as soon as you load up forces by steering into a corner.

The dynamic damper adds speed-sensitive damping. I seem to remember at the time that I preferred it without that in place, but this is going back two years, so things are very likely to have changed in the meantime. Same with the gain - we weren't seeing clipping at the time, but now things have changed in the sim, so it probably needs updating. Don't get too concerned about clipping though - a tiny amount that happens in a hard, fast corner as you modulate the steering is fine; you just want to avoid getting instant clipping as soon as you load up forces by steering into a corner.
Thank you so much I really appreciate it!

Doesn't it happen to you with the highest Gain?
I do occasionally see the bar flash red, usually when there's extreme suspension movement involved whilst also cornering. But as Rich says don't get concerned about it. If the bar wasn't there you wouldn't know about it. As long as it feels okay it is okay. Obviously if it's in the red continuously you might need to lower the settings.

The dynamic damper is supposed to emulate real world forces (via the FFB) that act upon the cars as they increase in speed. At 100% it's working as it should do, the wheel should get a little lighter at speed. Changes either way increase or decrease the effect to your liking.

I do occasionally see the bar flash red, usually when there's extreme suspension movement involved whilst also cornering. But as Rich says don't get concerned about it. If the bar wasn't there you wouldn't know about it. As long as it feels okay it is okay. Obviously if it's in the red continuously you might need to lower the settings.

The dynamic damper is supposed to emulate real world forces (via the FFB) that act upon the cars as they increase in speed. At 100% it's working as it should do, the wheel should get a little lighter at speed. Changes either way increase or decrease the effect to your liking.
everything is clear now guys you really helped me understand, see you on the track!

@Newcomer It's not set up yet for sale separately, I'm afraid (you'd be amazed at what's required to get something seemingly simple as a power supply set up to be sold standalone!) and likely won't be until after the two year anniversary of the first release of Pro Wheel. What happened to the one you had?
Appreciate the quick reply. We’re getting close to the two year mark, so maybe I’ll be able to source it later

It got mixed up in a sale of another Logitech peripheral, so it’s gone.

I got a new full set, but would be nice to use the other one for other than replacement parts ☺️

Greetings to everyone! I cannot believe that I have been a member on this forum since 2007 and have never made a post but cheers to my first post! :D

I finally decided to pull the trigger and purchase a G Pro wheelbase and pedals! I ordered yesterday and cannot wait to finally be able to race and use a wheel. The last time I had a wheel was on the PS3 and it was the Driving Force GT so I am sure that this will be a night and day difference from my experiences with that wheel!

Thank you all for the posts and recommendations on what wheel to get and the recommended settings! Big thanks to @LOGI_Rich for always helping people troubleshoot and giving us some hints as to what is coming next. I cannot wait until October rolls around and we hopefully get some new products/ ecosystem for the wheel!

The controller sensitivity setting changes the response curve of the steering axis for a controller. The whole reason for its existence is because a controller has such a small movement range and some people want it more or less sensitive around centre. A wheel of course has no such issue.

When I tried it I found zero difference between either extreme setting with a wheel. I have asked Polyphony to confirm but waiting for a response on that.

Did you ever get a response from polyphony on this? Just curious.

Hey @LOGI_Rich. I've got a weird one for you...

Is it possible to change the wheel orientation so the wheel is centered upside-down? In order words, when at 0 degrees, the wheel is positioned as it's normally at 180 degrees?

Both of my knees are messed up at the moment so I'm using the analog paddles on the wheel for gas and brake input. Their position (low down) makes holding the wheel uncomfortable after a while. However, when/if the wheel is turned 180 degrees the paddles are now at the top and it's so much easier to use them.

Hey @LOGI_Rich. I've got a weird one for you...

Is it possible to change the wheel orientation so the wheel is centered upside-down? In order words, when at 0 degrees, the wheel is positioned as it's normally at 180 degrees?

Both of my knees are messed up at the moment so I'm using the analog paddles on the wheel for gas and brake input. Their position (low down) makes holding the wheel uncomfortable after a while. However, when/if the wheel is turned 180 degrees the paddles are now at the top and it's so much easier to use them.
You can calibrate the wheel centre using Ghub on a pc. Give it a try calibrating it upside down and see if it works.

Interested to see if this does work, so let us know if it does!

@LOGI_Rich is there a way to let Kunos devs know, that each time I start ACC on PS5 it puts G Pro Wheel base at angle 900. The problem is to be perfectly aligned the virtual and physical wheel in ACC on PS5 should be 1080 in the base and 1080 is the game.

I reported it more than a year ago in their discord, to fix it, but looks like nothing have change since then. It's extremely annoying to change the angle in the base, each time you start the game.

It does't work like that in ACC on PC for example. It keeps the base at 1080 or what ever I choose.

Thanks!

Last edited:
It's not Kunos that develop the console version so it's another line of communication... but there's a way to solve this already. Leave the in-game angle at 900 but set the Steer Scale at 84%: that will get every car's wheel matching what you're doing in the real world.
Hi Rich, on Xbox X we need to put the steer scale on 84% too or we can leave at 100? Thank you very much

I'm afraid not. Because of the hard stop mechanism this would cause issues with an uneven offset in possible rotation. Even if you reduce the Angle to 360 it's still an issue - this is why when you try and recalibrate by turning the wheel more than 4 degrees from centre G HUB will show an error.
Looks like it is working. This never comes in to my mind, though I have to use in Dirt Rally 2.0 on PC. Thanks!

Last edited:
A very positive and satisfying experience so far with Logitech and the Pro Series Wheel and Pedal set! This is a major step up from my previous setup from Thrustmaster that I have been using for the past 9 years. I will run with the recommended settings for PS5 & GT7 over the next several weeks as I build muscle memory for this new system. Thanks again to everyone here as this thread was a big reason why I purchased Logitech! 👍

Here is what I have experience using over the last 15 years of GT on the PS 3/4/5:

Logitech DFGT
TM T150
TM T-GT
TM VG T300RS
TM T3PA-PRO Pedals
TM T-LCM Pedals
TM TH8A Shifter
Various TM add on wheels

I currently have a Fanatec setup but I'm thinking of switching back to Logitech in the future. I put a lot of hours on my G29 over the 7 years I had it, can I expect the same reliability from the G Pro?

Back