Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

New MOMO x Logitech Partnership. Appears to be Alcantara wrapped versions of the RS Track & RS Round Wheels. Appears to be a sign up for the future releases. I'm a little worried that there may be no PlayStation Ver from the photos being PC / Xbox Only for the new RS Attachements...
But Playstation compatibility comes from the base itself? So the RS Wheel Hub Xbox version - would it be compatible with Xbox, PC and Playsation when connected to a Playstation base?

Well it seems that they have released an adapter so we can use any steering wheel with the base so that is definitely a W in my book!!!
Not so sure. I cannot imagine that we can just get a Fanatec wheel, plug it in and drive in GT7. If so, then I’m ok with it but it seems to work only with PC. Maybe I’m wrong.

But Playstation compatibility comes from the base itself? So the RS Wheel Hub Xbox version - would it be compatible with Xbox, PC and Playsation when connected to a Playstation base?
The Base is PlayStation based yes if you pick that version. However the base can also function via Xbox & PC if you connect the correct Rim Attachment. Meaning my PlayStation Logi G Pro can be used on my Xbox for example if I purchased the extra RS Wheel Hub. But the problem is if you want that product for the PlayStation it doesn't appear to be available and is only PC/Xbox...

@LOGI_Rich could perhaps confirm when things have settled down!

Last edited:
As a PlayStation user I feel very disappointed. No PS Specific compatibility for that Hub so for me the only thing that applies which is a positive is the Shifter/Handbrake which is very cool! If you're a dual platform user and then this is good for you.

No McLaren F1 Rim even though they are heavily supported by McLaren by advertisement via Lando Norris since launch and Bianca Bustamante most recently. I feel a little left out after being fairly patient..

Last edited:
But the problem is if you want that product for the PlayStation it doesn't appear to be available and is only PC/Xbox...
That, I believe, is because there isn't a PS specific edition since there's only the one version required. Console specific versions aren't needed since the PS compatibility is built into the base. You would however have an X box button, but that's not really a problem. (Unless that button is interchangeable - probably not though)

I must admit I would have perhaps liked just a fancy open wheel without the need for the hub and a separate rim.

So it’s confirmed. The adapter works only with PC so no opportunity to add for example a nice Fanatec wheel and race in GT7. Disappointing
I don't think there was ever a chance of a Fanatec to Logi adapter. The adapter would seem to be PC only however it and an accessory wheel could in theory could work on PS I suppose. You wouldn't have any wheel buttons though and you'd need the controller for the PS button.

I quite like the shifter and handbrake combo.

Well,
I must admit I would have perhaps liked just a fancy open wheel without the need for the hub and a separate rim.
Totally agree but in the end I guess i got what I wanted the most. My PS base will now be cross compatible with the xbox and with a GT style experience on gran turismo 7. Not being overly pricey is nice too.

I dont get the negative vibes here. Of course the hub will work on the PlayStation version. Good combo with shifter and handbrake for WRC also. And there will be a 32cm Momo wheel and GT style wheel. Hopefully with Alcantara. So I am very happy to play WRC and ACC on PS5.

Cherry on top would be VR Support for both of them on PS5 Pro, but that’s nothing I could demand from Logitech.

So, when can I hit buy in Germany?

Last edited:
As primarily a PC user I'm very happy about the adapter. Ordering it and a Simagic GT Neo wheel today. A little underwhelmed with the hub/rims personally but since I can use 3rd party wheels now and use the logi wheel for PS I can't complain.

Really disappointing as a predominantly PS5 user. Having a sequential only shifter seems pretty silly, and the wheels themselves look pretty disappointing. I was really hoping for a competitor to Fanatec's McLaren GT3 wheel and a proper H shifter with pro-level build quality. Really felt like both were no-brainers, and we get neither. Oh well, maybe in another two years I guess:boggled:

I dont get the negative vibes here. Of course the hub will work on the PlayStation version. Good combo with shifter and handbrake for WRC also. And there will be a 32cm Momo wheel and GT style wheel. Hopefully with Alcantara. So I am very happy to play WRC and ACC on PS5.

Cherry on top would be VR Support for both of them on PS5 Pro, but that’s nothing I could demand from Logitech.

So, when can I hit buy in Germany?
Two years without a proper h shifter in sight and you don't get the negative vibes?

Ordered the stupid driving force shifter (used to have one) and the adapter. I’m so annoyed honestly, but I want an h shifter. I thought for sure a “pro” h shifter was in the cards so I’m Genuinely very surprised we didn’t get one. Sure this gets the job done I was just hoping for something more premium and console compatible.

Last edited:
Two years without a proper h shifter in sight and you don't get the negative vibes?
I wanted a sequential shifter and a handbrake. I am happy.

Problem with H Pattern Shifter and Clutch in Sim Racing for me is, that it don’t feel real. A real car gives you feedback in the clutch and the the shift knob, so you feel, if you are shifting the right way. And (as far as i know) there is no feedback system for any H Shifter on the market. It’s a simple input device, no feedback. And that kills the immersion for me. Like driving without Force Feedback.

Problem with H Pattern Shifter and Clutch in Sim Racing for me is, that it don’t feel real. A real car gives you feedback in the clutch and the the shift knob, so you feel, if you are shifting the right way. And (as far as i know) there is no feedback system for any H Shifter on the market. It’s a simple input device, no feedback. And that kills the immersion for me. Like driving without Force Feedback.
I had fun using the shifter in the arcade in the 90s (daytona usa) and shifters have only gotten better since. My favorite cars are late 80s F1 cars because of the h pattern gearbox..already enjoyable with my cheap ssh shifter and a real thrill with a proper shifter i can imagine.

Last edited:
You don't need a clutch for a sequential shifter. So, what exactly is the point in the G Pro Racing Pedals having a clutch pedal if you can't buy a G Pro H-Pattern shifter accessory? Not impressed with your logic Logitech!!

I can't imagine they didn't have one in development but for some reason or other it's not been launched.

Anyone out there daft enough to be interested in buying an unused G Pro clutch pedal in pristine condition? :lol:

H-pattern was the only thing I waited for 😭😭

Problem with H Pattern Shifter and Clutch in Sim Racing for me is, that it don’t feel real. A real car gives you feedback in the clutch and the the shift knob, so you feel, if you are shifting the right way. And (as far as i know) there is no feedback system for any H Shifter on the market. It’s a simple input device, no feedback. And that kills the immersion for me.

I understand what you mean but they could’ve implemented TF and taken everything to a new level!
Guess it’s back to the drawing board and considering Frex or something like that!
Like driving without Force Feedback.

certainly wasn't expecting a sequential only. Also interesting that the playstation/pc base is now available standalone but not the original xbox wheel, only this new style where you need to get the hub and rim separate. Neither are really for me, though it looks like the new style wheel may give two extra mappable buttons over the old wheel if im seeing it correctly.

You don't need a clutch for a sequential shifter. So, what exactly is the point in the G Pro Racing Pedals having a clutch pedal if you can't buy a G Pro H-Pattern shifter accessory? Not impressed with your logic Logitech!!

I can't imagine they didn't have one in development but for some reason or other it's not been launched.

Anyone out there daft enough to be interested in buying an unused G Pro clutch pedal in pristine condition? :lol:
On pc you can use every H shifter you want so the clutch is still needed. I use my Thrustmaster TH8a shifter with my Logi G Pro wheel and pedals. I would loved a pro shifter btw to complete the setup. But i would hate it if my pedals didn´t have a clutch.

Where did you ordered? German Logitech Webshop?
Doesn't seem to be findable on the site yet.
here's the direct link to the shifter. I just changed the language in the US URL to de-de and it worked.

Doesn't seem to be findable on the site yet.
here's the direct link to the shifter. I just changed the language in the US URL to de-de and it worked.

Thanks. Ordered 2 Shifter.

I notice the new hub doesn't have the two extra variable paddles of the original wheel. Something to note if you make use of them. Those with accessibility requirements might be annoyed.

The Xbox version is also dearer than the PC one, presumably because it contains the "security chip". So for a Playstation purchase (and if you didn't need Xbox support) would you pick the PC version to save £20? Would that work?

While not exactly cheap the hub, wheels, shifter and adapter seem fairly good value - as SIM racing gear goes that is.

I wonder what the 3 settings are. Sequential and handbrake obviously, but the 3rd?

Screenshot_2024-09-17-21-47-01-430.jpg

On pc you can use every H shifter you want so the clutch is still needed. I use my Thrustmaster TH8a shifter with my Logi G Pro wheel and pedals. I would loved a pro shifter btw to complete the setup. But i would hate it if my pedals didn´t have a clutch.
That's fair comment. I know I could look into another make of shifter for PlayStation but having invested in the G Pro wheel and pedals I was ready and waiting to complete the set.

Latest Posts

Back