Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Good to hear that you like the grip.
Just curious: what are the disc shaped metal weights (?) doing?

I’ve had the wheel base plate pivot a couple of times while playing because it is only held by friction, and I feel I’ve already tightened the bolts as much as I can without damaging them. So this was my solution. It’s a cheese plate and counterweights designed for camera rigs.

41A0B15B-5777-4E2F-9F18-3D916468B27B.jpeg

So I received the shifter today, and while it took some time to install both it and the H shifter on my Playseat trophy, it worked out ok! (I lost some time looking for longer M6 bolts, as I hadn't seen the "hidden" compartment in the box, containing just the ones I needed 😅)

I have 2 wheels mounted under the pedal base plate to move the rig from my living room to storage, with 2 doors to pass. One 80cm wide, the other 71cm wide. The trophy rig with the shifter plate: a little over 71cm wide. With the H shifter mounted on the probably best hole, way over 71cm 🫠 However, I can still get the rig through the narrower door by tilting it one way – phew! 😆

Here's the result:

20241001_211540.jpg

The new shifter is in a pretty good spot like this. I could only fix the H-shifter with a single bolt, but sawed a couple of pieces of wood and used them to further fix it with the left and middle clamps:
20241001_211558.jpg

Rock solid like this, it seems. The position is quite nice too.

To test the shifter, I first started Dirt Rally 2 (wew, forgot how intense rallying is..), then took my favorite NSX to the track in GT7. My impressions/thoughts so far:
  • Really nice packaging, as expected from Logitech (just wish I'd found the bolts sooner lol).
  • Hefty feel to both the handle and body.
  • Easy to fix to the trophy's plate (I hope Logitech will find a way for a future H shifter to fit more nicely on that plate, alongside the sequential shifter 😄).
  • Shifting feels really nice and I got used to it very quickly in DR2 – definitely an improvement over messing around with the paddles at higher steering angles.
  • The games pick it up out of the box, as shifting is mapped to L1/R1 and (digital) handbrake to O.
Looking forward to using it more with rallying and any (older) GT7 cars with a seq shifter 🔥

Well done Logitech! 🙌

Thanks for sharing!

Mine arrived today. I was hoping to be able to somehow attach it to the metal shifter holder bar that I use for my driving force shifter, but the new shifter is waaaaay heavier and more sturdy. The bar doesn't hold it well enough. I tried various ways including using the clamp. My quick test drive was enough to convince me that the new shifter is a fantastic addition. Shifts felt super solid.

Ordered the Playseat Trophy specific mount plate (like yours) this evening. Will arrive later in week, prob Sat.

I'm thinking I'll keep the H-shifter up close to the wheel, and have the new sequential shifter/handbrake down low like where you have yours. And how it would be in a car.

The only issue I have with your config is that it would be a bit strange using the handbrake to the left of the H shifter, no? Like if you were using the existing h shifter in tandem with the handbrake. No car has it set up like that.

IMG_5584.JPG

Thanks for sharing!

Mine arrived today. I was hoping to be able to somehow attach it to the metal shifter holder bar that I use for my driving force shifter, but the new shifter is waaaaay heavier and more sturdy. The bar doesn't hold it well enough. I tried various ways including using the clamp. My quick test drive was enough to convince me that the new shifter is a fantastic addition. Shifts felt super solid.

Ordered the Playseat Trophy specific mount plate (like yours) this evening. Will arrive later in week, prob Sat.

I'm thinking I'll keep the H-shifter up close to the wheel, and have the new sequential shifter/handbrake down low like where you have yours. And how it would be in a car.

The only issue I have with your config is that it would be a bit strange using the handbrake to the left of the H shifter, no? Like if you were using the existing h shifter in tandem with the handbrake. No car has it set up like that.

View attachment 1393670

Nice! Yeah it requires a solid base. Just be ready to do some filing, as the holes on the trophy mount often don't exactly line up with the ones on the rig... I used a thin round file. Hopefully yours will fit out of the box!

As for the handbrake mode, I briefly drove through Argentina in DR2 yesterday, with an H2 car. The position didn't bother me, better than using a shifter paddle as handbrake. In sequential mode, I'll probably keep using the clutch pedal as handbrake.

Nice! Yeah it requires a solid base. Just be ready to do some filing, as the holes on the trophy mount often don't exactly line up with the ones on the rig... I used a thin round file. Hopefully yours will fit out of the box!

As for the handbrake mode, I briefly drove through Argentina in DR2 yesterday, with an H2 car. The position didn't bother me, better than using a shifter paddle as handbrake. In sequential mode, I'll probably keep using the clutch pedal as handbrake.
Could you share a photo of the file you used please? I'm not so handy with these kinda things. Don't have that many tools at home. Would be good to see what tool I need to buy. I do have a drill though.

Its so weird that Playseat itself sell a mount that doesn't align with the holes on their own Playseat Trophy rig. What the hell is that all about????

Could you share a photo of the file you used please? I'm not so handy with these kinda things. Don't have that many tools at home. Would be good to see what tool I need to buy. I do have a drill though.

Its so weird that Playseat itself sell a mount that doesn't align with the holes on their own Playseat Trophy rig. What the hell is that all about????
If you loosen the screws a bit on the trophy you can align the holes pretty easy and don’t need a file

• The games pick it up out of the box, as shifting is mapped to L1/R1 and (digital) handbrake to O.
Looks good, Playseat evolution wise opted to go in front of eachother as you can ensure to fix both securely to the extension so anyone else with the evolution this works well with enough room for the hands. Stacked was novel but not the best way.

My question is though as on my last posts is your say yours has worked out of the box, being on PS5 have you updated the firmware on G hub? Long story short my main laptop has boundary protection and firewalls due to work security so that I cant download G Hub and so never used it or hoped to need to on PS5. My old back up laptop as Windows 7 and i struggling to run a driver to install G Hub and the version of it may even be too old to recognise the wheel. Before i go hassling people to borrow a Windows/Mac or actually take my wheel base somewhere want to see if it is just me experiencing it not working due to firmware.

JPEg.jpg

Assuming you've never updated then it's 100% because you haven't updated the firmware - if you look at the box contents for the shifter (we also do this for the Wheel Hubs) we included a piece of paper that informs you that you need to update the firmware. Unfortunately if you're on Windows 7 then you definitely won't get the newer versions of G HUB that include the necessary firmware updates - you will need a laptop with Windows 10/11 or a Mac running OS 12.0 or higher.

Back