Lotus Elise Club Cup - Saturday Racing - Race 2 Feb 18th - SIGN UP NOW

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 2,010 comments
Once Carb does it.

Edit: He did it ages ago actually, I forgot to add it. :D

Will do later on today.

I've done practice for a bit, it's definitely a new challenge so I'd better take it lightly. Currently running at 2'28's or something, my personal view is that I'm "good enough".

Update: Apparently there was something wrong with my previous best, now I got it into a 2'24 cleanly.

Last edited:
Going to practice in around 15-20 minutes if anyone wants to.

I might join Carb if he's still practising. :)

I've done practice for a bit, it's definitely a new challenge so I'd better take it lightly. Currently running at 2'28's or something, my personal view is that I'm "good enough".

Update: Apparently there was something wrong with my previous best, now I got it into a 2'24 cleanly.
If you watch my previous post where i said a 2:20 would be possible a 2:28 is not good enough ;) good to see that you bettered it though :)

1'21.321 is my best so far, but I lost .3 in the last sector so a 2'20 is possible.

The key to being fast is to go up to the point where you think "OH MY GOD, I'M GOING TO DIE!" and then push even harder. :nervous:

1'21.321 is my best so far, but I lost .3 in the last sector so a 2'20 is possible.

The key to being fast is to go up to the point where you think "OH MY GOD, I'M GOING TO DIE!" and then push even harder. :nervous:

Yup you don't reaally feel in control all the time :P i wonder how it will feel with no vision and 9 other cars on the track.

Yup you don't reaally feel in control all the time :P i wonder how it will feel with no vision and 9 other cars on the track.

I'm also worried for the health of my wheel. :scared:

It's surprisingly easy to get the tail back though, probably easier than on the tarmac.

Lets hope for the sake of visibility it's not snowing then. :nervous:

Haha, forgot the fact that some guys might get blinded by the snow shower from the other car's back. :sly:

I'm personally only aiming for a risk-free run, because I easily lose all of my concentration if I keep hitting walls during a mindless pursuit for 2'21's or even higher.

I'm also worried for the health of my wheel. :scared:

It's surprisingly easy to get the tail back though, probably easier than on the tarmac.

Lets hope for the sake of visibility it's not snowing then. :nervous:

Snowing isn't an issue since we're not using the change weather track? But the snow spray from opponents is a real bitch.

Does that "change weather" track even change anything? ^^ I didn't see any falling snow while practicing, but would like to know if it affects grip or something.

Does that "change weather" track even change anything? ^^ I didn't see any falling snow while practicing, but would like to know if it affects grip or something.

Don't think it makes an difference to grip- it just means it can snow, so your wipers come on and visibility is even worse.

No pressure on Carb or Niko today, millions of scandinavias across the globe will be watching with their familes in high anticipation of a 1&2 finish on pretty much home soil (well, snow really), with the added preasure on Carb as his penguin family and friends will be joining him on track side.

However, a poor finish from the pair of them will see disaray in the world of off roading in scandiavia, as a poor result may kill off sterotypes such as the 'scandinavian flick' and may futurely be known is the 'the opposite side way flicky turny thingy', with the scandinavian flick just become a past time story, like the ones in western films where they are all sat around a campfire on the great plains telling stories.

Im going off at a bit of a tangent arent I? In other news, I like ice cream :)

How will we line up the grid today, when there is no lines ? Or is it a Rolling start :)

I don't think there'll be a pace lap because you can't really warm your tyres up. :P - not sure though.

Also is it ok to use the bankings at the edge of the track- not the tall bits on the insides of corners, the bit on the outside?

Last edited:
I'm sorry guys, but I won't br able to make it tonight. I have a dinner that I have no idea that I had tonight and I'll be back way too late for the race. Sorry for such short notice.

No pressure on Carb or Niko today, millions of scandinavias across the globe will be watching with their familes in high anticipation of a 1&2 finish on pretty much home soil (well, snow really), with the added preasure on Carb as his penguin family and friends will be joining him on track side.

However, a poor finish from the pair of them will see disaray in the world of off roading in scandiavia, as a poor result may kill off sterotypes such as the 'scandinavian flick' and may futurely be known is the 'the opposite side way flicky turny thingy', with the scandinavian flick just become a past time story, like the ones in western films where they are all sat around a campfire on the great plains telling stories.

Im going off at a bit of a tangent arent I? In other news, I like ice cream :)

Umm, OK.

I caught the RDR reference, cool.

Carbonox
Excuse me for the double post, but can you guys get into PSN?

No, but I could probably get onto PSN :sly:

Latest Posts

Back