• European Sports Car Challenge

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
6364025869_90c2c7ebfe_z.jpg

Should Team Oversteer racing be blue?

I think I had a 2'35.5 or something in the quali, nevertheless that was enough for pole position.

I got 2-3 laps , I remember being higher that 8th thought on the list before race.

Hey Dax me and MadMax are teaming up as Aftershock racing if you could add us to the list!

More announcements:

- I'm fully available as an emergency host now that we go to non-DLC tracks 👍
- MadMax & Jay are also in a team and should be added to the table, don't remember the name though but it was announced a few pages back.

Aftershock Racing that is.

Yep , Aftershock Racing.

What is this Mad & Jay racing? :lol: :lol:

With a few tweaks to my setup I did 1'36.934 at Nürburgring GP/D

MadMax

My best was a 1'36.6 during my first won practice race, but it didn't apparently register because it was the final lap :dopey:

Just because I had a rubbish connection today, doesn't mean you can leave me out.

Plus me and Madbeater have a team called Celtic Motorsports (but the first post hasn't been updated so you wouldn't know about it)

One thing, why were very few people using the correct numbers? There were 4 people with #1.
I noticed this too while going through the replay. Seven was wearing #1 among others. I was wearing my #2, but it's a bit confusing as to who has what number because Dax hasn't updated the first post since Sunday.
------
Good racing folks. The racing was mostly clean and tight. I enjoyed my on track battles with Esprit, Marunda, Seven and neljack. I applaud Marunda's sportsmanship for giving back the place at the end when you bumped me in the chicane. 👍

Here's the grid; I didn't get a good lap in during qualifying, but my 2'36.0 got me 5th on the grid.
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_3.jpg

Here's me attempting to overtake Marunda into La Source. Neljack dives in and overtakes us both! His move was a bit clumsy, though harmless.
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_2.jpg

Here I am taking the lead for the first time in any organized GT5 racing series:
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_1.jpg

The lead was short lived for our dear leader. I was nervous upfront and ran wide out of Les Fagnes and lost control, came across the track, into the grass and dirt before spinning back onto the track. Sorry to the drivers that I almost (or did) hit. It was unfortunate. This excursion cost me ~11-12 seconds. Considering I finished 8.9 seconds off 1st place, a podium or maybe even more was lost here. :(
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_8.jpg

Pit stop after settling into 5th place:
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_6.jpg

I was clear of Marunda by a few seconds after my pit stop, though a couple poor laps (11 and 13) allowed him to get into my slipstream coming into the bus stop chicane on the last lap and attempt an overtake.
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_7.jpg

One thing, why were very few people using the correct numbers? There were 4 people with #1.

I was number 1 because I changed it to 58 before the race but it didn't stay and went back to 1 for some reason.. :L should be right for next week unless I forget 👍

EDIT: Also if I lagged at all or bumped into anyone I'm sorry. And did anyone else notice that even the slightest change in tyre wear at all the car became very loose? It could be my set up though, was done very hastily before the race. Mainly why I lost the battle for 4th with Esprit on lap 4 or 5 and why I kept spinning on almost every turn. :indiff:

Thanks SagarisGTB I wasn't sure whether or not i'd bumped you as on my screen you were a tad laggy but I thought I must have because you were so wide out of the turn.

I have to say, I'm gonna get confused one day because about half of the drivers here have a name starting with the letters "Ma" :dopey:

The grid was abit dodgy too, I qualified 3rd, yet (I think it was Jay) was in the 3rd gridspot so I had to start second.
@Neljack and SagarisGTB- I had no idea both ofyou were there which is why I turned in. I thought I was far enough ahead to have you covered.

I missed the message by Esprit or Seven who said the start time, so I immediately lost two positions :ouch:

I also think the grid was messy, we could easily have used the normal grid as F1's use that too. Anyway, it'll get easier from now on...

Last edited:
To be honest I wasn't really thinking who I took photos of, It just so happens that they were in battles for most of the race so got featured more.

Tell you what next race I'll make sure you're in every picture :lol:

To be honest I wasn't really thinking who I took photos of, It just so happens that they were in battles for most of the race so got featured more.

Tell you what next race I'll make sure you're in every picture :lol:

If I appear alone in the lead for the whole race like in the practice, it's going to be a very interesting gallery :lol:

Hopefully I'll finish in a stronger position than at Spa. My race was ruined early on when I was knocked into the gravel trap and was 15 seconds down on the leader. Judging by the fact I was 8-9 seconds down at the end I'm hoping that I can hold a similar pace at the Nurburgring but without the trip into the gravel.

Those practice races in Nürb GP/D were a blast btw, I think I'll put a summary here.

Race 1: It was me, neljack and the Aftershock Racing members, MadMax and Jay. Mostly it was a battle for the lead between neljack and MadMax and for 3rd between me and Jay. It changed when I got through MadMax in the beginning of lap 4 (which was the last) but unfortunately couldn't find a way past neljack, so he grabbed the win. The order remained unchanged until the end.

Race 2: Once again close action, but now I got very close to neljack. We fought very hard for the win and took it to a drag race for the finish line. He won by only 0.002 seconds (this is just my luck) but this race showed that it was clearly rematch time.

Race 3: This was more like it! Seven joined the field as well. I led probably the entire race distance and had a nice drift during the first lap. In the end, I won by about 4 seconds and giving a really scary showing of my potential pace on this track, which belongs to my favorites.

Race 4: Most of the time we battled for 2nd with the rest of the pack, while Jay was making his escape. However, me and neljack caught up and it became a totally epic battle on the final lap. After the chicane, Jay was still in the lead, but got ultimately robbed in the last corner when I got past, and so did neljack, but I edged my rival out to the finish line comfortably 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back