Mac Korince Racing

• Thread starter Mac K
  • 104 comments
Speaking of sponsors, go check out the video Derek Speare just posted yesterday in the DSD thread *cough* *cough* *hint* *hint* ;)

If you guys ever feel like coming out to any of the races feel free to, just try to let me know beforehand. To answer your question, I'm one step down from that series. I run track/street tires while they run slicks, they also run alongside Playboy Cup Cars whereas the series I'm in is just one class all in the same car, the only difference being the colour :P

If you ever want anything written about your efforts in racing I am more than willing. 👍

In that case, anything planned for mosport?

Not currently no, outside of the Pro Challenge, Skip Barber doesn't race at Mosport anymore. Hopefully in the future I'll race something there.

If you ever want anything written about your efforts in racing I am more than willing. 👍

Thanks! PM me, we'll talk there.

Get me a car and I'm in :P

:confused: You don't have a car for day-to-day? Wow. 👍 That's a pretty awesome way to live, actually. I would share my Subaru... But it's a bit slow/boring/automatic for someone who's used to driving an MX-5 cup car on street tires... :lol:

Well I do.. But it looks like this so..

07-Chevrolet-Tahoe.jpg

And technically it isn't even mine..

Well I do.. But it looks like this so..

07-Chevrolet-Tahoe.jpg

And technically it isn't even mine..
Oh come on. You could go hard in the paint with that. You could just chill in the apexes and no one could get past.
Also an exaggerated lesson in roll and dive under braking?

On a more serious note, I'm flying into Atlanta tomorrow. :) I'm actually pretty excited to fly, I haven't flown in well over 10 years and i'm just fascinated by planes. Should be fun :)

Interesting weekend at Road Atlanta with Skip Barber for the first round of the 2013-14 Winter Series. Miserable and cold weather made for a lot of rain, I was battling the flu prior to the weekend and it got worse as the weekend progressed. Yesterday I qualified 4th and dropped back to 5th in Race 1 and fell right off the pace, I was so sick I couldn't concentrate and as a result my performance suffered. I gathered it all up and came back and finished 4th in the 2nd race. For comparison, I was 37 seconds back on the leader in the first race, in the 2nd race I was only 2 seconds back. I probably could have pick up 3rd but a late race misshift on the most important corner pretty much ended any shot I had. Today I was feeling a lot better, but the weather got worse and it rained hard for the entire race. I finished 4th again my first time in the rain, ever so I'm pretty happy with that. I might have caught 3rd but I caught lapped traffic in the worst spot. All and all a good weekend, my first time at Road Atlanta, first time racing in the rain, and in a very strong field so I'm happy. Skip Barber instructors and coaches kept telling me wins will come. my best lap was only one tenth (.100) off the winner of the first two races and my average times were very close to him as well. On to Homestead-Miami Speedway next in mid-January. (which is way too long...)

(from facebook)

Back