Mac Korince Racing

• Thread starter Mac K
  • 104 comments
Wow @Mac K, well done! đź‘Ť To race competitively at a tricky circuit like Road Atlanta, for the first time, in the rain, while you're under the weather (literally) is very impressive. I wouldn't even want to hot lap under those conditions.

Thanks! I've got plans coming together right now to possibly run a Chumpcar Enduro at Watkins Glen in May, the race is divided into a 6+8+6 hour format. If I do end up running it, it'll either be in a Honda Civic or BMW 3 Series. Nothing to serious, but it looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

The driving in Chump can be pretty serious, particularly at the pointy end of the field---in my neck of the woods, we see some of the top spec Miata guys driving Miatas in the Chump races---though I'm sure it's a lot more variable than you've seen in the racing you've been doing.

Don't forget - after running your Chumpcar race, keep the Chumpcar! You can run it in the ice racing at Minden, ON, organized by Twin Lakes Motor Club...

It's not my car, i'd be running for a team a friend of mine is associated with. Changed the look of my helmet a bit, it's a bit cluttered, but I like it so.. :). The big sticker is a beaver tearing out of the Canadian flag :lol:

1424489_1395495614025776_811219183_n.jpg

Oh ya

Description: Qualifying for the first round of the MAZDASPEED Challenge Skip Barber Winter Series at Road Atlanta, this lap was good enough for P4, but ultimately was about 3 seconds off my fastest time of the weekend (which was set in race 2) so there was clearly time left in this, but I improved as the weekend progressed in both lap times and consistency (which is more important) so that's a good thing.

Seat belt light, obviously the stock seatbelts are removed so the car thinks they just aren't on. I might be back at Road Atlanta in two weeks, Skip Barber is fielding two MX-5s in an 8 Hour enduro and I was offered a seat in one. Trying not to get too excited, because they have to work out some insurance things first and I'm still waiting for a call back on that. Depending on how it goes I have another race at Sebring lined up in January that's 6 hours, a week prior to my Winter Series round at Homestead. So I'll be pretty busy, which I like :)

Looks like I'm heading back to Road Atlanta next week, I was asked to race in an 8 Hour Enduro by some of my instructors from Skip Barber in an MX-5. They decided to enter 2 cars, 4 drivers each to try and promote Skip Barber. I'm the only non-pro of the 8 drivers driving, so the pressure is on, we'll also be on slicks and it will be my first time on slicks, so I'm looking forward to that. Each car will have one Skip Barber instructor in it, plus 3 drivers from the "Mazdaspeed Pro Challenge" (with the exception of my car which will have 2 plus myself). It's all for experience and to get the invite was a huge confidence booster. I'll be on track with everything from a Spec Miata to a Porsche Cup Car so I'm really excited.

Looks like I'm heading back to Road Atlanta next week, I was asked to race in an 8 Hour Enduro by some of my instructors from Skip Barber in an MX-5. They decided to enter 2 cars, 4 drivers each to try and promote Skip Barber. I'm the only non-pro of the 8 drivers driving, so the pressure is on, we'll also be on slicks and it will be my first time on slicks, so I'm looking forward to that. Each car will have one Skip Barber instructor in it, plus 3 drivers from the "Mazdaspeed Pro Challenge" (with the exception of my car which will have 2 plus myself). It's all for experience and to get the invite was a huge confidence booster. I'll be on track with everything from a Spec Miata to a Porsche Cup Car so I'm really excited.

Sounds very Thunderhill-y...

A bit late, but here's my first stint from the enduro in the Spec Miata plus some photos.

1477940_650963958297423_577561714_n.jpg

1393694_650964248297394_1192614288_n.jpg

1486808_650964811630671_900068965_n.jpg

1454739_650964951630657_827120102_n.jpg

Plus this from my Facebook page..

Back with Skip Barber Racing School again next weekend (January 15th-19th) for the 2nd round of the MAZDASPEED Challenge Winter Series in the MX-5, this time at Homestead Miami Speedway in Miami, Florida. Good bye snow and cold weather Drafting will be a huge factor here and should make for some great close racing. I'm one of the few people who like "rovals" (ovals with a road course portion) so I'm again really looking forward to getting back in the car (I'm so cliche).

https://www.facebook.com/mackorinceracing

Back