Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the looong quote, but how can I can this car in this color?

Too Old is correct, it took quite a bit of fiddling to make it look like that.

Also, if I ask nicely... could you cut down the quote, please? Partly because quoting an entire post doesn't do too much good for the readability of the thread but mainly because the setup may be changed and we don't want people making a review based on the setup they found in the quote when browsing the thread as it may differ quite greatly from the improved version.

My my, where does the time fly? It's been three years, fellows.. And statistics will be brought to you by the number-loving iceman of ours. Some say, that he isn't ashamed of going to Volvo owners meetings. All I know is, he is faster than me.

rotfl.gif
at that description!

But yes, the figures. I have a feeling I may have got something wrong though.

184 cars - one released in every 5.96 days
276.000 views - around 250 per day
Two "garage category" championships out of two tuning challenge race series
Countless hours of work - used to be hundreds and then thousands and then I stopped counting - but it's still worth it!

Last edited:
Been a while since I tried your cars. I had a go at your Lotus MotorSport Elise 260RS '99 just now.

I never really like light and nimble mid-engined cars, I can never seem to put in a good lap with them.

This tune was no exception. Everytime I got to a high speed corner, I get gradual, uncorrectable oversteer. It takes a lot of skill to take a corner flat out in this.

I was hoping for good things when I got to a tighter section. But when taking the tighter turns it was just... ordinary for a car of it's weight on s3 tires. However, due to it's high ride height it takes bumps really well, which means you can ride the kerbs without consequence.

Overall, I feel the car was designed purely for fun rather than out and out performance, and it delivers that by the bucket load. 👍

If anyone is thinking of using this for racing, I suggest you crank up the rear downforce to around 30. It almost completely removes the oversteer in the high speed bends without any noticeable drawbacks. With this I was able to put in a very untidy lap of 1'56.907 around GVS, when I struggled to keep the original tune on the track.

But if you're after a car that is fun and exciting to drive, this is the right car for you :)

Those early tunes sometimes make me shiver... how much better the actual tunes could be, and how much faster the lap times on the banners could be. A reasonable figure for the former is probably two seconds and for the latter at least another two seconds.

But yes, the findings about the car are pretty spot on for what I can remember. It wasn't made for fast circuits at all and thus the handling was intended to produce as little understeer as possible. The correct way of taking fast bends was something like just throwing it in by a quick blip of brakes and letting the oversteer deal with the extra speed. Not a good car by today's standards but probably still good fun for a quick blast around the track.

Because there are, what should I call them, deleted posts that aren't actually deleted, in the thread. They take the total post count beyond 3600 which means 181 pages but we can only see 3585 posts which means 180 pages and that's as far as we can go.

Grim R34per review
I recently bought a new R34 Nissan Skyline GT-R, to see what is the fuss all about. When I got the car (V-Spec II Nur) I was disappointed. Understeer, low power... Then, I called MFT and arranged a deal; my car will be professionally fine-tuned. I took the car for a test drive and was utterly impressed. The car had great handling for it's power (Which was quite formidable,too.)
Real story: The car is fun to drive, although I'd tack on a click of TCS to eliminate that pesky wheelspin and stabilize the car overall. Why don't you use VCD? It could have improved the car's times.

BTW: I'd like a fun-to-drive tune of the RX-8 concept type I. Preferably with all upgrades available except for rollcage, and easy to drive.

Why don't you use VCD? It could have improved the car's times.

Because it kills the electronically self-adjusting ATTESA-ETS Pro AWD system which is the key behind the GT-R magic. Instead of improving the times it'll introduce understeer in spades and adds two or three seconds to the lap times. In short, it's the ultimate way to ruin a GT-R.

I'll let Leo deal with the actual review.

Borna12345[U
Grim R34per review[/U]
I recently bought a new R34 Nissan Skyline GT-R, to see what is the fuss all about. When I got the car (V-Spec II Nur) I was disappointed. Understeer, low power... Then, I called MFT and arranged a deal; my car will be professionally fine-tuned. I took the car for a test drive and was utterly impressed. The car had great handling for it's power (Which was quite formidable,too.)
Real story: The car is fun to drive, although I'd tack on a click of TCS to eliminate that pesky wheelspin and stabilize the car overall.

BTW: I'd like a fun-to-drive tune of the RX-8 concept type I. Preferably with all upgrades available except for rollcage, and easy to drive.

Thanks for the review. As Grey and RJ explained, VCD and GT-R's are not a good combo, as you noticed yourself. And while the wheelspin might irritate you, most of the other drivers have welcomed it with open arms as it gives more options for tackling a corner depending of your level of skill and preferred driving style.

the RX-8 setup will be posted during the weekend.

It seems a new test mule has been spotted on the Nürburgring...

Looks like it's bucking a bit but that's quite understandable for a development version. The cameraman couldn't get a clear exterior shot but he said it was painted white all around (not that it tells a lot about the finished product) and had a pretty generic sports coupe shape under the camouflage. Sporting big wheels and a wing which sounds like a recipe for something quick.

Very sneaky of you blurring the end so we don't see what time it currently is getting Greycap. ;) I know the engine tone but can't pick which car it is exactly, but I know it's RWD. :P

I think I know the engine tone as well, but I'm having a hard time finding out what it is. I can't wait to see it, seems pretty quick.

I have only one guess, and it's a poor one due to the excessive bass in the speakers plugged in to my computer.

I reckon it sounds (and looks) like a fully-souped Mustang '05 on R3 wheels.

Well, the redline's at 7000rpm, so that eliminates any R32-R34 gen Skyline.

Well, the redline's at 7000rpm, so that eliminates any R32-R34 gen Skyline.

If you look, the cutout is closer to 8000rpm. Just because the red zone starts at 7000rpm doesn't mean it's cut out there.

PF
I have only one guess, and it's a poor one due to the excessive bass in the speakers plugged in to my computer.

I reckon it sounds (and looks) like a fully-souped Mustang '05 on R3 wheels.

Nah, definitely not a Mustang '05 PF.....there's a boost gauge in the right corner. ;) So it's definitely turbocharged. I know the RX7 without a chip has that 8000rpm limit, and there's a few others around the 500-600-700hp region that have a similar gauge (RUF CTR's for one! ;)) but won't know until the reveal. :)

See, the one's he said yes to come from yours truly. :cool: I'll work this out Greycap, probably by the end of the day as I have time to sit on the PS2 today. :mischievous:

You will be surprised by the car. I haven't been able to test it myself at all due the demise of my THIRD GT4 disc.:( it's scratched beyond working order.. and i can't afford new one until next month. :ouch:

In the meantime I might carry out the final insane showoff, presenting two cars - both remakes of earlier models - to show how far we've really come during these years. They don't have counterparts anyway so this could be a good gap to release them. Next week.

Beware though.. These cars have NO compromises.. They will need every bit of driving skill you can muster.

Nismo 900R F-Tune '02

911 bhp, 948 Nm, 1294 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 5
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Displacement Increase
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 8.0 / 8.0
Ride Height: 130 / 130
Bound: 4 / 7
Rebound: 9 / 6
Camber: 2.0 / 2.0
Toe: -1 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 4

Brake Controller
Brakes: 3 / 6

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.048
2nd: 2.008
3rd: 1.500
4th: 1.200
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.818
Final Gear: 3.540

Autoset 20

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 33

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Time to kick off what's the beginning of the end. We've come far, really far, from where we started and now the amount of improvement can be seen.

Because we're fooling death today. We're running away from the Grim R34per. This car isn't meant to steal the thunder of its great white precedessor, nor to show "this is how it's done" but to provide an alternative view into the R34 - this time made for my preferences. Personally I never got to grips with the R34per and the lap time reflects it, and I always felt there was more in it but I couldn't extract it. I was right... more than a second could be squeezed out but it took more than a few radical changes. In fact the suspension has been entirely remade which tells quite a lot about how different our driving styles are. Compared to the Grim R34per this car isn't as easy to drive below the limits but at least for me it's easier when on, and beyond, those limits. So full speed forward, wishing for the best!

Well I took the Nismo 900R F-Tune '02 out for a spin and, wow, what a car!! Feels really planted to the road and very stable to drive. Despite the huge turbo and insane amounts of horses, there was very little wheelspin when exiting corners giving you confidence to plant your right foot once you've got it pointing in the right direction. There is still a hint of the understeer associated with a 4wd car, but only a hint, nothing to upset the balance in the corners.

Overall I love this car, it feels superior in many ways to the grim reaper and is definately going to be one of my more well used machines. Great work, I hope you will be supplying us with a similar set of excellent cars come November to enjoy in GT5!!

There's still a selection coming for GT4 before we're out and the next one will break the power record if my memory is anything to go by. After that we're back to pair releases for the last few times.

Will you fellers be moving over to GT5 on 3 November? Also, haven't tried the new R34 yet, will it work on the MNP versions?

PF
Will you fellers be moving over to GT5 on 3 November? Also, haven't tried the new R34 yet, will it work on the MNP versions?

Nope. VSpec II Nur only as far as I'm aware.

Well, it'll probably "work", but not as well as the correct car.

Yes, we will move on to GT5 as soon as it arrives, but we'll leave GT4 behind with a pair of cars that have a special spot in our collections. while they might not be the fastest or most scary to drive, they're special to each of us. One of them will require some photographic improvements due to ugly OEM equipment, but that is as much as I can say.

Dodge Viper RT/10 '03

1032 bhp, 1349 Nm, 1272 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
R3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 9.0 / 8.0
Ride Height: 110 / 120
Bound: 5 / 8
Rebound: 9 / 8
Camber: 2.5 / 2.0
Toe: -1 / -2
Stabilizers: 4 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 5

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.011
2nd: 1.993
3rd: 1.500
4th: 1.200
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.821
Final Gear: 2.750

Autoset 15

LSD
Initial: 5
Acceleration: 35
Deceleration: 15

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Born from the desire to see how fast a fully tuned Viper really is, this is a not so direct descendant of my old SRT10 R/T from our early journey. The suspension bears only a slight resemblance to the ancestor and so does the engine, the output having been increased well over the mythical 1000 hp mark. I'm not going to lie - it's difficult to drive. Very difficult, especially under braking if you have to turn in at the same time but it more than makes up for it by its raw performance. The fastest "normal" road car in GT4? Perhaps.

Here ends the brief "Speedy Show-offs" phase, these cars had no real counterparts so they filled a gap until we can get back to normal releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back