Mad Max 4 - Fury Road

TyrrellRacing

Motorbase Performance
Premium
Wales
Wales
GTP_Tyrrell
tom-hardy-mad-max-4.jpg

The film is directed by George Miller and is starring Tom Hardy, Nicholas Hoult, Zoe Kravitz, Riley Keough, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Hugh Keays-Byrne, and Nathan Jones. There’s no official release date yet, Mad Max 4 Fury Road should hit theaters sometime in 2014.

The first two are two of the best films in existence and the third is pretty good. Definitely worth watching if you haven't already.

Stoked for this.

The third IMO isn't that good, #2 is my favorite and #1 is a close second. Yes, the fourth has been in the works for a while, I've seen some spied images of the vehicles. I'll go see it, but it just won't be the same without Mel.

The third IMO isn't that good, #2 is my favorite and #1 is a close second. Yes, the fourth has been in the works for a while, I've seen some spied images of the vehicles. I'll go see it, but it just won't be the same without Mel.

I'd heard the odd rumour here and there that it was in production as far back as about 2009 iirc, with a release date of 2012, although I'd heard nothing recently so I assumed they'd canned it. The image in the OP was released/leaked today so it looks like it's well underway.

I really hope it is in the same vein as the first 2 rather than the third. Something like The Road, but with the dark humour that was in the first 2. This could be brilliant, or it could be awful. (Looking at you, Star Wars)

I heard there are two #4s, one is proper live action and the other is animated or CG.
I hope the people in charge realize that the black Ford in the first two films was a character in itself, and should have an iconic equivalent to replace it in 4 (perhaps the absence of such a vehicle hurt 3 a little?)

:dunce:A 4th Mad Max? I didn't even know they made a 2nd or 3rd.

Tom Hardy was amazing in The Warrior so I am interested in this for sure.

:dunce:A 4th Mad Max? I didn't even know they made a 2nd or 3rd.

Seriously? Many consider 2 to be the definitive Mad Max movie, and arguably the best in the series (as well as my favourite). Think of the levels of action seen during the last 20 minutes of the first movie, extend it by a whole hour, throw two of the most memorable and malicious bandits seen so far and you have a proper 80s action flick.

I haven't watched Beyond Thunderdome in years, but it's often seen as the weakest of the existing movies. It wouldn't surprise me if Fury Road takes its place as the least well-received Mad Max offering however. Reboots of 80s action movies tend not to live up to expectations, but this could end up proving to be passable as a standalone movie.

Seriously? Many consider 2 to be the definitive Mad Max movie, and arguably the best in the series (as well as my favourite). Think of the levels of action seen during the last 20 minutes of the first movie, extend it by a whole hour, throw two of the most memorable and malicious bandits seen so far and you have a proper 80s action flick.
First screening impressions were good, people had been saying this one is the 2 hour version of the last
chase in Road Warrior.

New photos :
mad-max-fury-road.jpg

mad-max-fury-road.jpg

mad-max-fury-road.jpg

Source : http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...dy-charlize-theron-mad-max-fury-road-20140321

Somehow doesnt feel like a Mad Max movie. Maybe because its not mel ? I think the whole atmosphere feels a bit different.
It will be fine, I'm a massive Mad Max fan. Also Mel will make a Cameo and so will Hugh Keays-Byrne (Toecutter from Mad Max). Hardy is a great Actor and I think he can bring the feel of Mad Max to the screen.

I haven't watched Beyond Thunderdome in years, but it's often seen as the weakest of the existing movies. It wouldn't surprise me if Fury Road takes its place as the least well-received Mad Max offering however. Reboots of 80s action movies tend not to live up to expectations, but this could end up proving to be passable as a standalone movie.

But how is it a reboot? It's a continuation of what Miller has been wanting to do for more than a decade, but put on the back burner in favor of doing both Happy Feet films. So I don't agree with entertainment weekly's tag line. My guess is they're so use to all of Hollywood being a big reboot now days (Spider-man, Godzilla, Superman on and on) that it's easy to do it to this too.

But how is it a reboot? It's a continuation of what Miller has been wanting to do for more than a decade, but put on the back burner in favor of doing both Happy Feet films. So I don't agree with entertainment weekly's tag line. My guess is they're so use to all of Hollywood being a big reboot now days (Spider-man, Godzilla, Superman on and on) that it's easy to do it to this too.

Many different articles I've looked at have stated that FR will follow a reworked version of the first Mad Max storyline, with no clue as to how - or if - it'll fit into the 2nd and 3rd movie's continuity. But with virtually no build-up to the action and only the faintest possibility of the odd morsel of exposition being thrown in. Though everyone who knows anything about the series already would get the gist of it as soon as they walk into the cinema anyway. That frees up more room for straightforward, no-nonsense action. Which this movie is all about, as Miller pointed out.

Modern takes on movie franchises with roots firmly in the 80s - or any decade from the 60s onward for that matter - hasn't proven to be an easy task in most cases though. Even with the same director is at the helm, I don't expect it to compare to the original movies. Not least because of the cast overhaul. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's doomed to suck.

Last edited:
Everywhere I've looked it has stated that the FR follows a reworked version of the first Mad Max storyline, but with virtually no build-up to the action and only the faintest possibility of the odd morsel of exposition being thrown in. Though everyone who knows anything about the series already would get the gist of it as soon as they walk into the cinema anyway. That frees up more room for straightforward, no-nonsense action. Which this movie is all about, as Miller pointed out.

And I'm telling you want Miller himself said in past interviews because this movie has been in his mind for years along with production hell (though he probably wouldn't call it that). He claimed that Happy Feet is the reason Mad Max had to wait, so he could work out a better story for it. He said on a flight home he thought of how the film should go. I haven't read that it is all that much based on the first but then again I haven't read too much about the movie since 2012 because I'm a Miller fan and trust that he wouldn't change it all that much. I mean supposedly this movie was a 2 decade long production/wait before it got the go ahead from what I read a few years ago so...I really cant see how it's that much of a reboot if it was an actually planned movie after Mad Max 3.

Sort of like how the upcoming Jurassic Park was suppose to be done back in 2004/05...I too wouldn't call movies in production hell/limbo reboots because they finally get the backing.

Modern takes on movie franchises with roots firmly in the 80s - or any decade from the 60s onward for that matter - hasn't proven to be an easy task in most cases though. Even with the same director is at the helm, I don't expect it to compare to the original movies. Not least because of the cast overhaul. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's suck.

Yeah but this is once again George Miller and this is his child per say, so I trust it can be done justice, if it were a different Director than the original...I might be worried. I expect it to compare because he had this idea of what he wanted the next one after Thunder dome to be, and built on it for supposedly two decades.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing with you (or not trying to I usually agree with you and vice-versa) my issue is the tag-line of Reboot usually gives this idea that people are expecting a remake or the likes. Rather than a continuation in the story, and I don't want to see a potential great movie from Hardy be over looked because it didn't redo the first or capture Gibson.

Given the direction he set for FR, I reckon he can do little wrong. Whether or not it's a continuation of the series or set on a slightly altered foundation to the original movie, if his intention is all-out action and one hell of a desert car chase akin to that of Max 2, then it may have a good chance of living up to the legacy of the first two movies.

I'm just eager to see how the new leads fare more than anything.

It will be fine, I'm a massive Mad Max fan. Also Mel will make a Cameo and so will Hugh Keays-Byrne (Toecutter from Mad Max). Hardy is a great Actor and I think he can bring the feel of Mad Max to the screen.

Mel is not going to do a cameo, Miller already confirmed it.

Mel is not going to do a cameo, Miller already confirmed it.

Well that sucks, last time I checked IMDB had him as cameo but you're right he isn't going to be in it. That's too bad, it would have been interesting I think. But at least he'll be in Expendables 3.

Well that sucks, last time I checked IMDB had him as cameo but you're right he isn't going to be in it. That's too bad, it would have been interesting I think. But at least he'll be in Expendables 3.
Yeah, i was hoping he would've at least make a cameo as a drifter with clothes similar to his clothes in the beginning of Mad Max 3.

Wasn't it already confirmed months ago that Mel was not going to do a cameo?

Besides that, Entertainment Weekly calling the film a all out reboot is a bit out of line at this point. We already know that it is supposed to alter the timeline of Beyond Thunderdome and put it into perspective.

I think it falls into the semi reboot, they're continuing the storyline but with new characters and new trilogy. Kinda like 007 movies. At least, that's what i think.

That poster makes me rather excited for this. So cool to see the Interceptor making a return. It looks freakin badass. 👍

Edit:
mad-max-fury-road3.jpg

Last edited:
The first two movies are one of my fondest memories of my childhood. Mel Gibson was so freaking badass!

I hope it's as great as the rest of 'em.

The first two movies are one of my fondest memories of my childhood. Mel Gibson was so freaking badass!

I hope it's as great as the rest of 'em.
Yeah, hope Tom Hardy can pull this off. He's too bulky compared to Mel when he played Max.

Look at what he managed to do in THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - he was, one the one hand, a brutal terrorist; but at the same time, he was an extremely eloquent and convincing man. And he did it all with half of his face obscured the entire time.

Look at what he managed to do in THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - he was, one the one hand, a brutal terrorist; but at the same time, he was an extremely eloquent and convincing man. And he did it all with half of his face obscured the entire time.
I know, but im more concerned with the body build. Max was never a bulky man, and looking at the photos, it looks like he's bigger than Mel's potrayal of Max, which looked more convincing as a guy who wandered around the wasteland. I think Tom Hardy will be good character wise, but appearance wise i just wish he was more thinner.

Look at Daniel Craig - he looks nothing like James Bond as Ian Fleming envisioned him. But in terms of his performance, Craig is closer to Fleming's Bond than any of the other actors; even Sean Connery.

So as long as Hardy maintains the spirit of the character, his appearance shouldn't matter.

I know, but im more concerned with the body build. Max was never a bulky man, and looking at the photos, it looks like he's bigger than Mel's potrayal of Max, which looked more convincing as a guy who wandered around the wasteland. I think Tom Hardy will be good character wise, but appearance wise i just wish he was more thinner.

Also Hardy has bulked up for certain movies (DKR and the Fighter) but usually isn't that big, I mean look at RockNRolla he wasn't nearly as big as he got for Bronson that same year. I mean you want to put size comparison to the test watch that movie and then Bronson and you'll see what I mean. In Mad Max he doesn't look all that big and it seems more like the outfits so far to me.

Last edited:
Mad max 1&2 are an Aussie institution possibly the the most rawest and most imaginative films to come out of Australia. Because of a B-grade budget.
MM3 was ordinary because of $ an american influence. Don't get me wrong I love American films 90%, of my movie collection is American but this franchise should have been left at Mad Max 2.

It turns out the footage was exclusive to comic con visitors only. Man i really want to see it, the description was crazy. Bodies and cars flying everywhere, something about Max eating a two headed lizard alive....

Edit : Dean Winchester lookalike lol

10339291_544050602367132_2250330720275291672_o.jpg

Latest Posts

Back