Madmike's "pay it forward" free lupo GTI cup scheme!

• Thread starter MadMike'86
  • 22 comments
United Kingdom
Norwich, UK
madmike1986
Ok people, I am starting a new project aimed at helping fellow GT5 players in need!

I will be giving a FULLY TUNED Lupo GTI Cup car away for free...however there are terms to this:

1) The car is only to be kept untill you have finished the event

2)Upon completion you MUST pass the car on Via this thread to someone in need

3) after use you must change oil and wash car

I am trusting in the many good people on this thread to do good and help those in need.

After use you MUST post on THIS thread who you have passed it on too so we have a running log.

I look forward to helping and meeting fellow GTP'ers and thankyou in advance with this incentive :)

anyone?! help fellow GT5'ers.....its christmas! lol

Great initiative, Mike. I'd gladly take part if I hadn't finished this event already.

I think that due to the game having been released weeks ago now and considering the amount of time the average GTP member puts into the game, most would have moved past this by now. There might be more potential for this concept if the car involved was something that helped people with an event requiring a car that is either more expensive or hard to find eg: Historic Racing Car.

Still, hope the idea gets some traction here on GTP. Good luck.

thanks, and yeh your probably right....worth a shot lol

Might do one with a chapperal 2D race car?

thanks, and yeh your probably right....worth a shot lol

Might do one with a chapperal 2D race car?

Bigger investment on your behalf but that might just work.
Will the Chapparal take Gold in 'Like The Wind'?
If so...I'll go first if you're happy to commit.

not sure on like the wind event....maybe if modded?

If it could do it with mod's then i'd foot the bill quite happily. I think there are plenty of people who drop bulk cash on cars and mod's in an attempt to pass this. Me included. It could be a joint investment on our behalf to help others on the forum.

Hopefully someone hits this thread and can confirm for us whether this car has the goods to take first place?

Well I have done the like the wind races and got golds....I used a fully tuned veyron for the daytona course (which I have a spare off) and a Fully tuned mazda furai for the indy course (which I also have a spare off!) its hard but can be done!

Well I have done the like the wind races and got golds....I used a fully tuned veyron for the daytona course (which I have a spare off) and a Fully tuned mazda furai for the indy course (which I also have a spare off!) its hard but can be done!

I don't have the right setup for my Veyron to take Gold at Daytona, still getting left behind despite being fully modded, perhaps you could help? Also, how do I aqcuire the Furai? (I know, off topic, PM if you prefer)

The Furai is a prize car when you do the mx5 challenge in B-spec mode....just add eveything you can, lower suspenstion fully and set Aerodynamics to full and set gearing to max speed...the key on the indy circuit is you never have to let off the throttle, you can corner at 196MPH which is way faster than th other cars, but they WILL catch you up on the straights, thats were a little blocking and shunting comes in lol

The Furai is a prize car when you do the mx5 challenge in B-spec mode....just add eveything you can, lower suspenstion fully and set Aerodynamics to full and set gearing to max speed...the key on the indy circuit is you never have to let off the throttle, you can corner at 196MPH which is way faster than th other cars, but they WILL catch you up on the straights, thats were a little blocking and shunting comes in lol

Thanks for that. Any chance you'd be prepared to trade your Veyron with the required settings for mine which is fully modded, in the Maserati Deep metalic blue? Or PM me the setttings? S-T-ruggling with Daytona!

I can give you th settings fella.....

All mods that can be done Ie full turbo, weight loss, gears, lsd. ect

And racing SOFT tyres....thats the key

Set LSD to initial torque 10, accell 45, decell 25

Gears set to max

Brakes- front 8, rear 6

suspenstion, ride height as low as poss, Spring stiffness, front 14, rear 16.5

Dampers, front 6, rear 8

Anti roll, front 6, rear 8

Should help ya....the key with the veyon is slow cornering, it feels painfully slow but you distroy all cars on the straights, I won daytona with a 10 second lead!

Gears set to max

Brakes- front 8, rear 6

Dampers, front 6, rear 8

Should help ya....the key with the veyon is slow cornering, it feels painfully slow but you distroy all cars on the straights, I won daytona with a 10 second lead!

You're a gentleman and a scholar. Will run those settings tonight.
Personally I'm better with drift settings so let me know if you ever need anything in that department.

Actually yeh, got f430 scuderia that im using to drift with....any ideas? lol

Haven't got a Scud atm but if you send it my way I can tweak it for you.
let me know if you're using a wheel or controller.

* Can i strongly recommend that you give the California a go? I have a great setup for this car. The FR layout and longer wheelbase makes it a perfect car for slideways fun. It holds long, predictable lines and is very easily adjusted with the throttle mid-drift. I'll gladly give you the settings for that tonight (AUS time).

Mike, mind if I offer the Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 VR4 for the Beginners Special Events Rally challenge on this thread or would you prefer I start another?

Under 249 hp, AWD grip, doesn't come up in the Used lot very often. Dominates the competition.

Gears set to max

Brakes- front 8, rear 6

Dampers, front 6, rear 8

Your brake balance is the opposite of what it should be.... Front bias encourages understeer which isnt good on the highspeed circuits. You only dab the brakes for a second so 5 front and 8ish rear is far more effective and will actually help to cancel out a bit of natural understeer.

Most other courses front bias is better though.

Your brake balance is the opposite of what it should be.... Front bias encourages understeer which isnt good on the highspeed circuits. You only dab the brakes for a second so 5 front and 8ish rear is far more effective and will actually help to cancel out a bit of natural understeer.

Most other courses front bias is better though.

True, the Veyron understeers like a wet bar of soap.

True, the Veyron understeers like a wet bar of soap.

Part of the issue too is that after the power mods and gearing etc you really need a decent positive toe angle to stabalise it at high speed. This amplifies the understeer.... Really is a tricky car, whenever i used it id sit and modify the suspension completer different for every course. Depending one speed braking and corners. Nurburgring is tricky and understeer is a killer on it. You then just have to go easy on the straight not to spin out as it gets very skiddish with negative toe.

Yeh its a pretty general tune ive given,an all rounder that works ok for most tracks but not all for sure lol

I'd love to help with the Lupo thing. PSN name is my GTPlanet name.

Are you asking to borrow it or help me with the project? sorry got confused lol

@thehardwear, just got to see what gmrtom7 says, if hes first you will be second, if not you get first use friend

Latest Posts

Back