Michelin Alpin Time Trial Challenge Offers VIP Trip to the GT World Series Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 12 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
It's understandable that the VIP trip is only for Europeans, but I hope that like the Honda Trials, everyone can participate and receive the car.

A while ago they also did something similar with Porsche but exclusively for the USA.
The liveries of those cars were very nice (917 Salzburg, 959 Rothmans, 911 pink pig)

I'll definitely give this TT a go!
It's always nice to win another racecar for free, even more so with such a cool livery on it :dopey:

I like that this is at Lake Louise (I get that it's because it's sponsored by Michelin's snow tyre).

It means someone outside of the usual leaderboard topping suspects might win and get a trip they might not otherwise have a chance at.

If it was at a tarmac track, there's a good chance it would have been won by one of the esports competitors who didn't qualify this year, and that just seems like a less fun outcome to me than someone getting to go for the first time.

Last edited:
I wonder if this is part of what Hyundai were talking about months ago regarding a sim racing collaboration.

In before one of the actual finalists wins the time trial and gets a VIP trip to an event they've already got backstage passes for. :lol:

They could still offer the TT itself to everyone but only allow certain countries to actually qualify.
Do we know already if that's the case ?

They did the same with USA or Japan only events too. But they should allow anyone to partake, even if winning is possible only for a fraction of the people partaking (like the U17 TT not so long ago)

Do we know already if that's the case ?

They did the same with USA or Japan only events too. But they should allow anyone to partake, even if winning is possible only for a fraction of the people partaking (like the U17 TT not so long ago)
Fair point. As long as the TT is available to all, far-be-it-from-me to criticize various countries' availability to actually qualify as I am sure there are a lot of factors in deciding that going on behind the scenes.

Admittedly I made a presumption that only those who could qualify would be able to partake in the event itself. PD have done that before as well. Guess we'll see.

Last edited:
Back